Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Bruceski posted:

Wyld horses couldn't keep me from checking that one out.

Stallyns :colbert:

edit: what a terrible page snipe. Only thing I have to add really is that with the Snap happening, was anybody actually present at the time of it other than Fitz in his lil cryo chamber? Everybody else was time traveled away at that particular point in time weren't they?

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Inspector 34 posted:

Stallyns :colbert:

edit: what a terrible page snipe. Only thing I have to add really is that with the Snap happening, was anybody actually present at the time of it other than Fitz in his lil cryo chamber? Everybody else was time traveled away at that particular point in time weren't they?

I didn't want to be too overt.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That flare screen...

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/1278040606959218689?s=19

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I really want to hear him to at some point say "this is getting stupid!"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

I really want to hear him to at some point say "this is getting stupid!"

https://youtu.be/4ZwX7vsROP4

I'm sure they could work this in

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why do you sound so calm about it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So tonight is a 70's paranoid thriller, cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"I believe you!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am behind but Director Mack...elmore killed me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh no, Coulson! :ohdear:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boy, that was a rough episode.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

They could've flooded the base from the very beginning. drat it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

HOLY gently caress that preview.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:stare:

Next fuckin week

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Next week looks to be a light episode which was needed after this one, for sure.

I hope though that the week after is the return of Fitz.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Fitz is gonna be in a room under the room under the lighthouse. Both he and Coulson walk up to see Deke and Mack playing Chopping Mall with the characteristic "what the hell?!?!"

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
That was a heavy episode and probably my least favorite of the new season - though still good and the plot did need the kick to maintain momentum. Next week though... that looks like a hell of a time.

Edit: Also, did anyone catch the whole 'The Deke Squad' poster in the background of the teaser? Rewatching it I now feel like the whole thing is a Space Station 13 gang round....

Edit edit: Also 'EXTERMINATE' so the Chronocoms have been watching too much Dr. Who. And, of course, Coulson is now Max Headroom.

Erev fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 2, 2020

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Erev posted:

... I now feel like the whole thing is a Space Station 13 gang round....

I'm now even more unreasonably excited for next week's episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sousa and Daisy is not a pairing I'd of seen coming, but I'm all for it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

swickles posted:

Fitz is gonna be in a room under the room under the lighthouse. Both he and Coulson walk up to see Deke and Mack playing Chopping Mall with the characteristic "what the hell?!?!"

Given Simmons saying he was in a place where it was easy to see the chronicons' movements I feel like we're going to cut to him crouched in the white empty prediction room trying to think invisible thoughts (and apparently it's working).

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
poo poo the beeeeeed

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

Given Simmons saying he was in a place where it was easy to see the chronicons' movements I feel like we're going to cut to him crouched in the white empty prediction room trying to think invisible thoughts (and apparently it's working).

Fitz is Sybil?!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/1278422827960602626

50 !!!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

This is how he can be left in the seventies, and not age when they meet up next. That man looks incredibly good for his age and him and Ming Na Wen need to donate their bodies to science 😂

Anyway. I kind of want Deke and Mack to find babies Mack and Mack and raise them right. Become the family they need.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

This is how he can be left in the seventies, and not age when they meet up next. That man looks incredibly good for his age and him and Ming Na Wen need to donate their bodies to science 😂

Anyway. I kind of want Deke and Mack to find babies Mack and Mack and raise them right. Become the family they need.

Did they leave before the jump, or after and then the ship jumped again? If the latter those babies are teens now.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Did they leave before the jump, or after and then the ship jumped again? If the latter those babies are teens now.

The ship jumped, Mack went out for some air, drove his motorbike like 30 yards, Deke went to check on him, and then the ship jumped again.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The ship jumped, Mack went out for some air, drove his motorbike like 30 yards, Deke went to check on him, and then the ship jumped again.

I guess even Chronicons need to stop at time-gas stations to pee and stretch their legs every once in a while.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I am absolutely loving Nathaniel Malick. What a psycho.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Open Source Idiom posted:

The snap or whatever affecting the cast would have killed this show.

There's a potentially good story about the cast dealing with the aftermath - which would have been apocalyptic -- but the idea of wiping out half the cast because of something that happened on another show -- the MCU is basically its own TV series at this point -- is terrible. It undermines the show's ability to be its own beast, and is dramatically unsatisfying.

I would have been very on board the a season that took place after Infinity War and was just about the team trying to keep the peace and keep the world together in the aftermath of that. Hell have the whole cast not get snapped away, I wouldn't have minded that one bit. Five years of coping with and adapting to an unimaginable genocide that spanned every nation would mean there's a lot of interesting story avenues that could be explored.

I really hope one of the MCU Disney+ shows they do is eventually set at least partially in that timeframe, maybe making that part of the origin story for a hero there. Hell, I could think of worse ideas than having the Moon Knight series set in that time frame.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Caught up for the first time all season :toot:

Next episode looks dope as hell.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

AoS in the 30s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS in the 50s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS in the 70s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS after I was born: "...that's not funny."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

haha look at this old-fashioned stuff.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bruceski posted:

AoS in the 30s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS in the 50s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS in the 70s: "haha look at this old-fashioned stuff."
AoS after I was born: "...that's not funny."

ok, boomer

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That trailer for next week's episode! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqG51nM9k9g!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Mack is fifty! Jesus, between him and May, Jiaying and Enoch aren’t the only ageless immortals on this goddamn show.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Sammus posted:

I am absolutely loving Nathaniel Malick. What a psycho.

It was fun watching him own himself when he got Daisy's quake power. I feel like it's not the last we've seen of him

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing to remember is that Daisy barely survived getting her powers so not a huge surprise that someone who just stole them through 70s tech didn't quite make it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a little surprised that Sousa didn't just merc Nate on the way out.

Anyway, now that I'm caught up, an underrated moment from last season was Deke getting with Snowflake, then Daisy suddenly realizing she's a murderer and having her locked up and we just never see Snowflake again.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Fun fact: one of the secret chronicom agents was played by Shakira Barrera, who played Yolanda on Glow. Her nickname on that show? Yo-yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Arist posted:

Anyway, now that I'm caught up, an underrated moment from last season was Deke getting with Snowflake, then Daisy suddenly realizing she's a murderer and having her locked up and we just never see Snowflake again.

I wonder if we won't see her again, given that her last scene was her bonding with Deke.

Actually, there's still Piper/Snowflake/Flint running around in the present day, and the actors are all friendly of the production crew (Snowflake they inherited from their time on Spartacus IIRC). I'm guessing we see at least a few of them before the show is done.

Edit: Oh hey, (very minor, not really relevant casting spoiler) Ada Wong's in next week's episode. Someone on staff really likes their videogames.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 3, 2020