Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bitterandtwisted posted:

aka pizza bianca. No sauce. The dressing and cheese gives it enough moisture.

Garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Don't Sign My Posts

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Non-introspective Bayesian bandits and their applications to neuromodulation control of pseudoepileptic seizures

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

neither papa johns or dominos are doing vegan cheese :negative:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'm eating sardines and chickpea salad with olive oil and lemon dressing. It's good.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

fridge corn posted:

Alsonwrong stfu u mothafucken oval office *dropkicks u in da heeeeaadd*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

mods please rename this the uk bourgeoise megathread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what have you got against ocado

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Galewolf posted:

I'm eating sardines and chickpea salad with olive oil and lemon dressing. It's good.

Can you just bring food to my house

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

takeaway saga update, we are having japanese from a new place, rip my bowels for a different reason

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh god could they just hurry up and let me go on a train for non-essential travel. i wanna go cycle somewhere nice.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

takeaway saga update, we are having japanese from a new place, rip my bowels for a different reason

how many times must we say flared base

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You don't get those on chopsticks.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Natalie Fartman posted:

Can you just bring food to my house

Can I pet Tuna in exchange? :3:

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Galewolf posted:

Can I pet Tuna in exchange? :3:

If she'll let you (she will)

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Truth is, during the early days of the pandemic when we were not on the vulnerable list and had to go out, I stocked up on lots of canned food (coming from a country that has military coups in every 25 years or sitting on one of the most active faultlines in the world gives me a bit prepper mindset) to reduce the amount I have to go out for shopping, so there is a lot of canned chickpeas and 45p sardines with tomato sauce.

I happen to keep lemon and olive oil stocked all the time so it's a pretty common dish for me to either have white beans or chickpea salad.

Tonight I'm making carbonara, even bought pancetta for it but I still fail at the sauce and make it a bit eggy. Thankfully, my motto is: "a bad carbonara is just a very good pasta with posh pancetta and eggs"

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

neither papa johns or dominos are doing vegan cheese :negative:

What? That must be a local thing. Both of mine have fake cheese options.

In other news, people talking about Cardiff being bad made me realise how good Brentwood is being. Everyone has masks, social distancing is still pretty good. Orderly queues for shops etc. No cash anywhere. I'm genuinely surprised.

They're even shutting the high street today for cars for the foreseeable, so people have more room to space themselves out while shopping.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Sorry for the double post but gently caress me..

https://news.sky.com/story/video-game-loot-boxes-are-gambling-and-should-be-regulated-says-house-of-lords-12019532

They got something right for a change.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'll never get to law.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

bitterandtwisted posted:

My favourite pizza place reopened for delivery not long back and it was so great to have someone else make a meal for me. Their seafood pizza is great but doesn't have anchovies
code:
White based pizza with torn buffalo
mozzarella, provolone cheese, capers,
olives, prawns, cherry tomatoes &
smoked salmon finished with dill and
drizzled balsamic vinegar.
Probably for the best though, I think anchovies need the sweetness of a tomato base to balance their saltiness. I'm hungry.

Do you live in Bristol.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

hemale in pain posted:

oh god could they just hurry up and let me go on a train for non-essential travel. i wanna go cycle somewhere nice.

This is literally the reason I learned to drive and got a car, it's so nice to be able take my bike into the hills somewhere.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

you could cycle there

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

GenZ gambling

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

kecske posted:

you could cycle there

no

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There was this ace pizza place near the summer house on the lake in NJ that had a bangin mozzarella and shrimp white pizza, just a lil bit garlic and oil on the pizza base :discourse:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

fridge corn posted:

There was this ace pizza place near the summer house on the lake in NJ that had a bangin mozzarella and shrimp white pizza, just a lil bit garlic and oil on the pizza base :discourse:

That is it. I am getting pizza next week!

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

fridge corn posted:

NJ has some real good pizza places that none of ours will ever come close to

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Natalie Fartman posted:

you should try living somewheret aht isn't a lovely village in the midlands or wherever it is you live

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Weirdly my little village chip shop does banging pizza, they make their own dough and have a proper wood-fired oven.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pizza is overrated.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pervert

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

goatface posted:

Pizza is overrated.

Look at this dweeb that's never had a good pizza. smh.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Shameful.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

It’s been ages since I had a good pizza

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Weirdly my little village chip shop does banging pizza, they make their own dough and have a proper wood-fired oven.

They don't deep fry it? Not a proper Northern chippie then!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Looke posted:

oval office, sounds like hunt with a C

Bit strong, remember you have to appeal to 51% of the voting populace to be of any use as a party leader. And no one in the real world cares about RLB.

The Lib Dem’s new leader is no threat, so it could actually be winnable. And it could be the last chance of a non-Tory government ever if the Scottish secede.

Who else do you think is going to beat the Tories?

Jose posted:

i don't understand why anchovies are or ever were a pizza topping

Maybe you had them prepared by somewhere incompetent that doesn’t wash the salt off?
They’re a wonderful ingredient for pasta or aubergine, though best to get them canned in olive oil and munge into a sauce.

Natalie Fartman posted:

Lol, try going to Napoli, if you want to be impressed by Pizza. And want to pay 3 euros for one.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the wizard chants in his lair, seeking to bind a sentry golem to hia tower to protect against intruders. it's nearly finished - he just has to activate its main core, and-

"who else can beat the tories? anyway here's some suggestions for Mediterranean holiday destinations"

ah poo poo, there's been a terrible misunderstanding and he's created the wrong kind of Guardian golem

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

wooger posted:

Lol, try going to Napoli, if you want to be impressed by Pizza. And want to pay 3 euros for one.

Lol until you've had tuna right on the beaches of the Tsugaru Straits in December dont even think you've eaten maguro sashimi dont @ me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

wooger posted:

I went to Napoli, had someone try to pickpocket me twice within hours of arrival, the streets were full of literal poo poo because the mafia controlled binmen had been on strike for 3 months, the first pizza restaurant we walked into and sat down and the waiter came over and asked us "do you speak Russian" and when we said no he pointed us back out the door, then the next restaurant we found the pizza was disgusting soggy poo poo and when the waiter came to give us our change he held it out then pulled it away and said "no this is my tip because I answered a question for you" (I had asked him for directions to a museum or something)

gently caress that city and burn it to the ground imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
To be fair the best pizza I've ever had was a margarita in a town on Lake Garda. A lot of pizzas I've had in the US where locals have said it's the best pizza in the world have been aggressively mediocre, had much better stuff in Bristol alone.