Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Digital_Jesus posted:

Back from the shop all cleaned up and protected. Time to make vroom vroom noises.

Your car looks like its cel shaded. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Cage posted:

Your car looks like its cel shaded. :eyepop:

Nows your chance to see it in person!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah right the longer I wait the better the car gets. :colbert:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

6 hours over two days spent rolling around on the floor in my garage in 90 degree heat.

Could probably do it again in 2-3 hours if I had to. Passenger side exhaust manifold bolts are kind of a pain and the exhaust flange on the driver side of the new H pipe was either off by a few mm, or the studs were slightly bent - it took some convincing to get that one on. Also had to make two trips to the auto parts store, one for a 16mm 3/4 socket and I forgot what the other time was.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
SUCH A DICK OF A JOB.

I mean ya there are lots of cars more annoying probably but I feel your pain. I needed to buy deep well sockets and a wobble extension for the job.

My discovery:

I had two flange gaskets installed!! For extra connectivity!!

Man thats the one thing I dont miss about that car is all the bad mods done to it. When I bought it there were 12 inch leds in the wheel well to shine on top of the tire.

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 23, 2020

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Hah. I took that off and wondered how many people leave it on.

Used the non-metallic one that came with the new H pipe, hope it lasts.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bought some Dynomax superturbos to swap the flow master 40’s out with. Too loving loud

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got an email update from Ford saying the Mustang Mach-e GT I reserved will be available starting late Summer 2021.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Aw yiss.

https://gfycat.com/sorrowfulfinecrocodile.mp4

What they WERE doing:

https://gfycat.com/bittervibrantdrever.mp4

I can feel cool turning right again.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

All Mustangs should have sequential signals.

Especially early SN95s. :colbert:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

bird with big dick posted:

Got an email update from Ford saying the Mustang Mach-e GT I reserved will be available starting late Summer 2021.

I didn't know this was even a thing until I read your post, but that has got to be one hell of a car

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

All Mustangs should have sequential signals.

Especially early SN95s. :colbert:

Hey agreed! It’s crazy the difference a nice set of led tail lights running a sequential kit makes.
already bought a set for my impulse purchase picked up yesterday

530 rwhp on blower 660 on bottle. Fully built T45 Fully built steeda 4.6 2v.... yadda yadda so all that’s going out and for sale. Coyote with full cam and intake work swap and 6 speed

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 17, 2020

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well that should be mildly fun. Congrats!

I had to drive though some 6 inch puddles and hydroplaned a lil bit during a storm yesterday but I still have no clue how this happened. I guess if the chin spoiler was solid enough it could direct the water to push the plate out.

also :getin:

also this last week :woop:

yeah it needs a cleaning ive been to the beach a few times ok

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 17, 2020

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Well, I decided to tackle my wheel stud issue myself. Im going to try and fix the stud with a thread chaser and if it fails, I will hammer it out and replace.
This is gonna suck without a press and/or air hammer. Im just waiting now for a weekend where it doesn't rain and is not 100 degrees outside.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Cage posted:

Well that should be mildly fun. Congrats!

I had to drive though some 6 inch puddles and hydroplaned a lil bit during a storm yesterday but I still have no clue how this happened. I guess if the chin spoiler was solid enough it could direct the water to push the plate out.

also :getin:

also this last week :woop:

yeah it needs a cleaning ive been to the beach a few times ok

You complain you never get to see my car but you never tell me when you want to meet up :colbert:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For those with experience surrounding Coyotes and swaps... how hard is it to fix the infamous coyote tick? I feel I’d be replacing those parts with a rebuild anyway and there’s a good priced coyote motor with the tick at only 45k miles on it. Begging to be bought ! And no lovely MT82 transmission attached so I don’t need to go through the hassle of reselling that poorly assembled junk, and just hook up the T56

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

kalvick posted:

Well, I decided to tackle my wheel stud issue myself. Im going to try and fix the stud with a thread chaser and if it fails, I will hammer it out and replace.
This is gonna suck without a press and/or air hammer. Im just waiting now for a weekend where it doesn't rain and is not 100 degrees outside.

Status update.... I took the car out (because I had a free hour) and ran the thread chaser and fixed the wheel stud! thank goodness I did not have to take the stud out. Now I have spare parts on future standby!
bad news is there is a GIANT dry rot crack running up the center of my tire. Im gonna have to replace them. I also discovered my muffler hangers are needing to be replaced UGGG!!!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Digital_Jesus posted:

You complain you never get to see my car but you never tell me when you want to meet up :colbert:
I'm very antisocial! Its not you.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Looks like the backup camera on my '16 just straight up died. Anyone have a recommendation for replacing it?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Looks like the backup camera on my '16 just straight up died. Anyone have a recommendation for replacing it?

Check the wiring harness for it in the trunk lid first, pretty sure I remember hearing that's a common failure point.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
My camera would come loose sometimes, just unplug it and plug it back in.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Having an SA Mustang meetup would be so cool. Maybe next year? there is Mustang Week, in North Carolina?, LMR's meet in Texas, and AM's 2021 meet in PA.
In the mean time someone setup a zoom meet.

I went to 2018's American muscle show here is the proof.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'd be down for PA.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Digital_Jesus posted:

I'd be down for PA.

Lets make this happen. now Cage, what about you?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I would be in for PA

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I could probably do a thing. Are we talking the american muscle PA thing or just a random meet.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Im good for a rando meet too assuming its somewhere reasonably within distance of the wny area. Erie is closest in PA but I got no idea where anybody else at. I could be convinced to do a haul to Harrisburg maybe.

Otherwise Id be down for AM 2021.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'm in SE PA and would be in to doing something.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol so are all the mustang goons in PA? Pittsburgh here I'd be down for a meetup

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
A random meetup in PA probably wont happen for me, since I am like 4 hours away.
BUT...
If everyone is up for AM 2021 I would be totally down!!!! Is this really gonna be happening?! I have never done an honest to goodness goon squad meetup thing.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol so are all the mustang goons in PA? Pittsburgh here I'd be down for a meetup

I'm just north of you in Butler. It looks like all of the active posters in here are somehow all in PA lol.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There should be a warning on the welcome signs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And she’s out!

https://ibb.co/bHRLGVs
https://ibb.co/BZrHKng

Ya know 10 years ago this motor would’ve been absolutely insane and I would’ve killed for it. Funny how time changes things

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

And she’s out!

https://ibb.co/bHRLGVs
https://ibb.co/BZrHKng

Ya know 10 years ago this motor would’ve been absolutely insane and I would’ve killed for it. Funny how time changes things

What are you going to end up doing for an exhuast?

I should start piecing things together to swap my 2002 GT, but I think I might just sell it and buy a Mach 1. However, any of the ones I have found in my price range are automatics...I'd probably want to do a T56 swap anyway...is converting an auto car to a manual more trouble than it's worth? I mean there's a pedal, the clutch assembly, probably a transmission mount and maybe a driveshaft....anything in the tune? Reverse lockout and skip shift work-arounds? New center console trim piece?

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 23, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s a pretty relatively easy swap.

My exhaust will be long tubes with x pipe running to SLP loudmouth

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Got my 4.10 gears done...only ended up costing me $300

Heat cycled them with 3 20-30 minute rides over the first two days...haven't really romped on it yet but it definitely feels stronger in second and I didn't lose all traction in 1st which I was kind of worried about.

Going to drop it off again this week to get the Flowmasters swapped out and the subframes welded on. Then maybe it goes for sale?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s a pretty relatively easy swap.

My exhaust will be long tubes with x pipe running to SLP loudmouth

Why are you getting rid of the T45 and blown 4.6? Assuming it all still works great. And where you located? :q:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Which crate engine should I get for my 01 engine swap?
These are both "Coyote swaps" options for getting almost 600Hp NA.

Ford Performance Aluminator 5.2 XS. for $18k
OR
Ford Performance PF350s for $20k

Both have cross plane crankshafts and rev really high. for the same price you could get a supercharge Gen 3 coyote, but everyone does that ;)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

kalvick posted:

OR

Both have cross plane crankshafts and rev really high. for the same price you could get a supercharge Gen 3 coyote, but everyone does that ;)
I've got a friend who recently put a blower on her 15 50th edition, immediately blew the motor due to a bad tune, and just got it back on the road. Sounds pretty mean.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

kalvick posted:

OR

They seem to be about the same, but the Aluminator has a lower compression ratio, presumably for forced induction.