Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in the Discord.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am the discord

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, I am Discord

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hey

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Confirming I have received a role in this game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

hi

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The sign outside the conference room read "WELCOME TACKLEFORD BRIDGE CLUB!" Inside, there were only close to a couple dozen women milling about the massive, mostly empty hall. There were containers of ice water, coffee, and tea on a setup nearly fifty yards across from the entrance, along with a small assortment of delicious looking, but fairly bland pastries. There were small clumps of women throughout the hall, although a few sat by themselves. One woman who had been here before everybody else was sleeping, leaning back against the wall near the small stage. They were all in various states of professional, non-descript attire, mostly blacks and browns. A couple of them looked like they hadn't slept in days were standing loosely by the refreshments, nursing cups of weak coffee.

No one heard her enter, but they did hear her heels clack across the floor. A short, twig-thin man wearing a light grey wool suit came in behind her. As she made her way to the stage, he started tracing runes along the door frame for moment until he was satisfied, and then left shortly after. You all felt the pressure in the room change as the door was closed behind him. Whatever was about to happen, the Hens of the Aviary did not want it leaked. With that settled, the woman on stage took the podium and waited for a moment for everyone to find their seats. After about five seconds, seeing that no one had moved, she began her briefing anyway.

She was wearing a long, heavy coat that stretched down past her knees. It seemed to hold its shape regardless of her movements as she walked across the stage.

"At about 7:00 A.M. yesterday morning, we lost contact with Raven shortly after she accessed a waystone in Budapest. We have yet to locate her, but we believe the waystone may have been sabotaged."

A murmur ran through the room. Waystones were some of the most heavily guarded tools in the Night Witch arsenal, without the convenience of instant travel, they would be spread thinner.

"Only a small number of people accessed this Waystone in the past two months." She stared out at the crowd, not saying anything. She didn't have to. The temperature in the room seemed to shift a bit. Small pockets of conversation started to emerge, and gradually the room turned into a roiling mess of conversations as the Night Witches compared notes.

"Umvau Oa," the witch on stage shouted. With the invocation of the Great Voice, everyone halted their conversations and turned to face her again. She shook her head. "We cannot fall victim to paranoia, Sisters. I have full confidence in your abilities. We will find who is responsible." She let the last sentence hang in the air for a moment, before closing her eyes and raising her wand, a bulky thing made of blue crystal. "You will all receive your individual briefings back at your rooms, and from there it is up to you to complete this assignment. I wish you good luck." She raised her wand, and the seal on the door split.

Slowly, the group made their way out into the lobby, and from there went their separate ways, and so it began.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): Asiina, Chic Trombone, Deadbeat Dad, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Jen X, Jonathan Fisk, merk, Mr. Humalong, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, peramene, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Sub Rosa, Token Female, yuming

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 4 days, 21 hours.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 2, 2020

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##Vote Sandwolf tell me why you aren't scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Greetings

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Joke phase or joke faze?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

hambeet posted:

Joke phase or joke faze?

Faze clan

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey are you still in fla

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hey are you still in fla

Actually been in NY the past year or two (with trips back to Florida every now and then) so now longer a Florida Man

Should chill in the city again one day, yanno, if this pandemic ever stops happening!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually been in NY the past year or two (with trips back to Florida every now and then) so now longer a Florida Man

Should chill in the city again one day, yanno, if this pandemic ever stops happening!!

I’d be down for sure. Shame you can’t hang with the ballers now tho

Staying alive I hope

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote peramene

starting strong

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
toss a vote to your bitch witch
oh valley of ravens

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

##vote: spoonsy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

##vote asiina

you know what you did.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Role received!

>>> no jokephase-vote crew <<<

Tryin to make a change

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Wheee!

It's a new game, yes it is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey I didn’t receive a role PM can one of the scum just tell me if I’m on their team or not?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Hey I didn’t receive a role PM can one of the scum just tell me if I’m on their team or not?

you're on the scumteam with me, best buddy

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Role received!

>>> no jokephase-vote crew <<<

Tryin to make a change

You'll have to do more than this to make the change you want.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirming, I'm so so town :sun:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

you're on the scumteam with me, best buddy

see? Etiquette is alive & well in mafia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Here is a shitpost for day 1

I’ll be back in a day or so

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Here is a shitpost for day 1

I’ll be back in a day or so

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Oh, we have a 5 days for day 1?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Token Female posted:

Oh, we have a 5 days for day 1?

oh my god you're right I didn't even notice that

makes sense though, it's the fourth of july weekend

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

Confirming, I'm so so town :sun:

I promise not to tunnel on you this game :sun:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

oh my god you're right I didn't even notice that

makes sense though, it's the fourth of july weekend

Oh god

(and yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense for the holiday)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I promise not to tunnel on you this game :sun:
Oh good! Hopefully I am more helpful than I was in the last (xopods') game I played in.

Stay cool in the summer heat this weekend everyone!

I'm gonna ##vote hambeet cos eventually he's gotta be scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

Oh good! Hopefully I am more helpful than I was in the last (xopods') game I played in.

You are so bad at being scum

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A random number generator told me that 4 was a number. 4 is DGK2000.

So I guess ##vote DGK2000?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

DGK2000 posted:

hm

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

Yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong than the previous game I played so it can only go up.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

DGK2000 posted:

Tokes and I won as scum last time I was, actually. :sparkles:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

A streamer I followed, Reckful, killed himself today, so I'm grateful we have a very long Day 1 because I'm not feeling joke phasey right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

A random number generator told me that 4 was a number. 4 is DGK2000.

So I guess ##vote DGK2000?

##vote DGK2000 let's do this poo poo :catdrugs: