Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You're arguing with a gimmick account barely more complex than the guy who just posted the letter q over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

except for the pride flag segregating i dont get anything wrong with her questions most are questions ive been asked and / or situations that have happened to me.

no, yes, sometimes, like 5, no, insane question, poo poo question but both, no, no, sometimes, me.

snergle has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Jul 2, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh my god he’s still arguing with LoB. Nobody mention it anymore I wanna see where this goes.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

snergle posted:

except for the pride flag segregating i dont get anything wrong with her questions most are questions ive been asked and / or situations that have happened to me.

revise=\= plagurize

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

That can't loving be real.

IIRC they tried to puppet master afterwards

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Powered Descent posted:

It's looking at the daily case count. And graphing what percent of those cases were in red states vs. blue states, as determined by the party of the state's governor. Since all the states fall into one of those two categories, then :actually:, a drop in one DOES necessarily mean a rise in the other.

You're arguing that a graph that's barely more complex than Skittels Amount doesn't have enough shades of nuance to draw conclusions that it's not actually claiming to draw.

Why assume that I have a coherent position? Why relegate my views to the realm of stasis?

Have you ever read Rudin?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

lobsterminator posted:

This is pretty fitting, because Adam wasn't really at fault for being a monster. But people treated him as an abomination and outcast and was forced to become a monster.

If they had a system in place that accepted and treated Adam equally, he would have been a fine dude.

You're so proud about remembering it was the doctor who was named Frankenstein.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dienes posted:

hahahahaha got em!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Dienes posted:

Both Adam and Victor are Frankensteins

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Adam is such a cliche name. The monster should have been like, Derek Frankenstein.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

christmas boots posted:

Adam is such a cliche name. The monster should have been like, Derek Frankenstein.

Maximum Derek!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
goddamn I'm so glad LoB is back

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

TheKennedys posted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1278399777307123712

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He should take that thing off, but only because the ticats fuckin suck

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

goblin week posted:

You're arguing with a gimmick account barely more complex than the guy who just posted the letter q over and over

Lesson learned, disengaging.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
More like goblin weak.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The red line is a literal reflection of the blue line around the 50% mark—data point for data point—what gives?

"makes me doubt the entire pic tbh"

Not even wrong. :)

The only way to generate such a close 1-to-1 correspondence in data sets that *we perceive as unconditionally complementary to each other*-- AKA a metaphysical bias-- is to take one profile, subtract it from 100% and plot the result.

If the authors had legitimately polled every state in question we would clearly see distinctive "noise" that distinguishes the plots.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool."-- R.P. Feynman

In other words, this plot implies a zero margin of error in the data gathering methodology.

It's a graph of the relative proportions of two things, so necessarily the two lines must mirror each other, as both data points always have to add up to 100%.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A new challenger appears!

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

TheKennedys posted:

It almost makes me tear up. I feel like it's been a long time, too long. SA has a future afterall

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm beginning to wonder if LoB and The Saddest Rhino aren't SA's equivalent to the ravens in the Tower of London.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

OwlFancier posted:

It's a graph of the relative proportions of two things, so necessarily the two lines must mirror each other, as both data points always have to add up to 100%.

Start with the raw data set if this genuinely matters to your integrity as a self-declared intellectual.

Until you do that work and demonstrate your specific thesis with the evidence in question, this case is closed.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
God drat i missed you LoB

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

OwlFancier posted:

That's only true if you use cisgender epistemology

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, the idiots on social media thread just isn't the same without you, LoB.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dienes posted:

Victor wasn't a doctor! He was just some tragic science aficionado.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

theironjef posted:

Victor wasn't a doctor! He was just some tragic science aficionado.

Just a sparkling ethics violation

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Grimdude posted:

About 60 seconds of research determined this video caption was inaccurate but don't let that stop you from slam posting it because it involves denigrating black people!

That's my mom talking about running over protesters. I went ahead and reported it.

My condolences on your piece of poo poo mom.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
The real IOSM are the impressive number of people who replied to this. Getting hilariously close to "your werewolf name is the third digit of your social security number followed by your date of birth":

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Stack Machine posted:

The real IOSM are the impressive number of people who replied to this. Getting hilariously close to "your werewolf name is the third digit of your social security number followed by your date of birth":

You know, my last name comes down to me from a great great grandmother who had a son out of wedlock. It's entirely possible for someone's maternal grandmother's maiden name to be the same as the name they have.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Stack Machine posted:

Test Subject 99-853-005467 Gamma

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It’d be way more eastern europe than mine is right now, and I’d get a lot more packages with my name messed up

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Why would you even originate a thing like this if your result is „Thomas” though. That sucks and isn’t even a proper last name

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Stack Machine posted:

I got Moon Moon

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Context:

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1278519087539331072

The idiot:

https://twitter.com/dru_mn/status/1278766896146452480

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Better trigger discipline than the mustard-eating St. Louis couple, though that’s a low bar.

Edit to add: at least they are getting charged.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Jul 3, 2020

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

goblin week posted:

Why would you even originate a thing like this if your result is „Thomas” though. That sucks and isn’t even a proper last name

The two notable American businessmen named Dave Thomas might disagree, but I'm pretty sure the answer is to encourage other people with rarer grandmother's-maiden-names to answer so you can add it to your bank security questions spreadsheet.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

:stare:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1278716550728552448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This dude sounds like Robert California