Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not chase away wrestling posters who think i suck it. once in a while people will be my friend later on. I shouldn't have said what I said about Dave for one thing. he's had real struggles and making a joke out of it was not the right move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Yeah, I don’t really get your zany posting gimmick, either. You’re trying too hard.

One day your brain just clicks and you get it. I can't explain it but it's like passing through a portal

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

One day your brain just clicks and you get it. I can't explain it but it's like passing through a portal

:yeah:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

TIL BBaB is likely my age and not a perpetually adolescent British school boy.

Cav eventually clicks, and they’re mostly harmless.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Nystral posted:

TIL BBaB is likely my age and not a perpetually adolescent British school boy.

I refuse to believe this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah Camauro Usman is a good poster if you get his jokes. If not, he's very odd.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Mekchu posted:

Yeah Camauro Usman is a good poster if you get his jokes. If not, he's very odd.

Having to be told by a mod in a thread about sexual assault to drop the gimmick is a bit embarrassing, to be honest. I get what the joke is, it just does nothing for me, and I’m surprised so many others lap it up. Oh well. Back to lurking for me, anyway.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Having to be told by a mod in a thread about sexual assault to drop the gimmick is a bit embarrassing, to be honest. I get what the joke is, it just does nothing for me, and I’m surprised so many others lap it up. Oh well. Back to lurking for me, anyway.

I think part of it is the fact that for me I don’t interact with Cav outside of this forum of fake fighting and wrestling. So they’re a goof vs anything inappropriate.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok I guess? Hope I answered your question

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it helps if you realize that cav never actually says anything of substance and you stop expecting it whenever you try to read one of their posts

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cav is cool and knows about cool poo poo and some of ya'll are really mean today.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bye

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah, I don’t really get your zany posting gimmick, either. You’re trying too hard.

what the gently caress

what is this attack on a kind soul

be more martin gore

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK. I mean, we're all saying he's a goofy poster and isn't meant to be taken seriously, but you're disappointed in us for laughing at (or not outright screaming at him over) the goofiness of his intentionally goofy and weird posts. At least that's how it reads.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when something or someone gets talked about it naturally makes people chime in. when that happens to me it usually feels pretty bad and there isn't much i can do except for wish i hadn't read the negative things. this is gonna be dumb but i'd just like to say on my behalf that i've taken the #SpeakingOut thread as seriously as most and i care a great deal about it. the mod warning i received was after i responded to someone who had quoted me and i was talking about how I didn't like the potential helldumping that was starting within that thread at that moment. i interpreted some pretty serious poster conflict and was trying to help cool it down, in the second half of one post. I'm not embarrassed about it aside from how i guess it is viewed which sucks but i can't change anything about that. there are actual jokes made inside of that thread which aren't for any purpose as far as i can tell. maybe that type of thing is okay because i guess it flows better within conversation than the sorts of things that I think of and which make me feel at ease.

don't get me wrong; i'm not trying to narc on other people who went for light-hearted and landed in various different places. I'm just talking about the thread's development. i think part of the reason jokes started popping up in there is because after 60-some pages it became more of a casual thread than an urgent one. this isn't anyone's fault, it's just how forums tend to work. but anyway i don't remember what else I was thinking about now because i went and looked at that thread some. i don't think i'm some kind of hosed up rear end in a top hat more than like another poster picked at random. i feel better having talked about this toward you all even though i don't want to engage in a back and forth discussion. i'm just not strong in that way about this subject. anyway, there are people who don't have me on ignore but only because they don't like putting people on ignore, and those people probably do not feel as strongly as i do about their own feelings on me, but i'm sorry

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you're wonderful and i reject that people shoudlnt take you seriously, except in your obvious joke posts. the ones that are serious are also obvious to me. i'm incredibly smart, so it might just be really easy for me to know that stuff. i read all of those words even if you're embarrassed about me having done that. gently caress you! just threw that in there for a twist ending but i didn't mean it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Don’t be mean to my friend. I’m sorry about the proper capitalization but I’m posting on my phone. I’m very sad that you guys picked new mods while I’m away even though I specifically said not to. I hope you all are having a good time apart from this. I love you all, even though I wasn’t made the new mod.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

It's ok to make jokes on these comedy forums.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
There's gonna be like 7 people left on these forums soon, I think you can pretty much post whatever you want.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kick rocks you jamoke

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Warms my heart how much we all collectively love Cav and reject any dumb poo poo who comes at him. He's my dad, and I will defend him with my body if necessary (IF necessary)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

never fforget

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ok I guess? Hope I answered your question

Yeah. It did. Thank you for taking the time to explain to me. I saw a poster in the June discussion thread eat a probation for remarking how good someone from NXT looked on a twitter video, so it was helpful to get a clearer definition on the rule here. Thanks again.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

flatluigi posted:

it helps if you realize that cav never actually says anything of substance and you stop expecting it whenever you try to read one of their posts

I object to this as I think his/her random Kpop posts have a lot of substance.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
cavauro should buy something awful

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I object to this as I think his/her random Kpop posts have a lot of substance.

That's the actual trick. About 30% of Cav's posts are really thoughtful and sometimes insightful, which hits harder because the other 70% of jokiness and lightness primes you to not be prepared for it.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Gorgolflox posted:

cavauro should buy something awful

like an RVD Impact T-shirt

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my favorite cav posts are when he spins the chair around, sits on it backwards, then tells us its time to rap

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

IronCladBurrito posted:

like an RVD Impact T-shirt

Don’t you mean an RDV shirt?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Vagabundo posted:

Don’t you mean an RDV shirt?

The whole show drat

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Lol cav is one of like 7 people here who actually has substance behind their posts.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lol cav is one of like 7 people here who actually has substance behind their posts.

Christ.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

They didn't say which substance

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

the other six are exclusively mma goons

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Do not even ask posted:

the other six are exclusively mma goons

Impossible, no-one has ever been able to confirm the existence of those.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I exist. But I have also written not one but two full length posts from the perspective of Tito Ortiz, so I am not sure I am one of the six people posting substantial content you are referencing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

That's right

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cav is awesome and mixed in with their 'gimmick' posts are tons of actual real posts with good info and actual legit answers to questions

Way to burst through the doors after lurking and insult one of the most liked posters in the subforum though I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

close thread asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Orange Carlisle posted:

Cav is awesome and mixed in with their 'gimmick' posts are tons of actual real posts with good info and actual legit answers to questions

Way to burst through the doors after lurking and insult one of the most liked posters in the subforum though I guess

Cool, so mixed with the actual gimmick posts, as per your words, are the posts I'm supposed to take seriously. Right.

You are correct though. I just browse this place and get some interesting gossip and news from here, I'll never contribute anything meaningful, which is ok. It's just so tiresome when this guy barges in with the essays about "I'm being serious, but I'm not actually, but seriously...." about all manner of things. which makes others laugh, but I'm just not understanding the punchline. That's on me, and i thought best to bring it up in the rules thread as opposed to elsewhere, so it won't spill over.