Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

And Crowe and Ridley hate the script and threw Cave under the bus on different occasions.

Dunno Cave seems pretty chill with it, he told the story on Maron about Crowe providing a simple feedback of "didnt like it, mate"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seth Rogen and his production company have been hired by Nickelodeon to make a new CG-animated feature film of TMNT

https://www.ign.com/articles/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-seth-rogen-to-produce-cg-animated-movie-reboot

...Is this the same production company he abused to make Sausage Party?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if I got to write something for crowe you bet youre rear end there'd be wall to wall roman bath orgies (no chicks allowed)

if he's gonna assault me I'm gonna get my money's worth

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Dunno Cave seems pretty chill with it, he told the story on Maron about Crowe providing a simple feedback of "didnt like it, mate"

That's good to hear, but I was thinking more about interviews with Crowe I've read over the years. I wonder if he and Scott know there's a bunch of dorks on the internet who love it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Grendels Dad posted:

Wtf Jason, stealing roles from professional wrestlers now?

Michael Keaton was a wrestler?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

wyoming posted:

Michael Keaton was a wrestler?

In my dreams, and now in yours.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

David Ayer: "Who you tryin' ta mess with ese?
Don't you know I'm locoooooooo?"

Actual Hispanic guy: "Dude David we talked about this"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shia LeBouf seems to have realised he's best playing crazy people. He should team up with the Harry Potter guy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Shia LeBouf seems to have realised he's best playing crazy people. He should team up with the Harry Potter guy.

Michael Gambon?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Alan Smithee posted:

David Ayer: "Who you tryin' ta mess with ese?
Don't you know I'm locoooooooo?"

Actual Hispanic guy: "Dude David we talked about this"

Soto the Labeouf

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Billy Gnosis posted:

Soto the Labeouf

A fitting end for an actual cannibal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I could really go for whatever that is right now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

if I got to write something for crowe you bet youre rear end there'd be wall to wall roman bath orgies (no chicks allowed)

I keep thinking about the story Matt Stone and Trey Parker told about how Crowe invited them and some other folks to listen to some of his music. Then he proceeded to play an entire album in otherwise complete silence, and when one of them offered him a bit of criticism, he got uncomfortably surly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Making movies making songs and fightin round the world!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Alan Smithee posted:

Russell Crowe fuckin around the world

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
me an me mate, tuggah

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 2, 2020

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I'd like to see Guy Pearce in more things.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ynohtna posted:

Well, have you seen BLOODSHOOT? I hear he is in BLOODSHOOT, now available on Amazon Prime.

Please watch BLOODSHOOT.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ynohtna posted:

I just watched Rover with him and Robert Pattinson and thought that was pretty good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Man that was a piece of poo poo. BLOODSHOT that is.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ynohtna posted:

Check out Lockout

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Guy Pearce plays a swell guy in Brimstone.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, have you seen BLOODSHOOT? I hear he is in BLOODSHOOT, now available on Amazon Prime.

Please watch BLOODSHOOT.

Ew, no thank you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

As someone who watched Bloodshot, don't watch Bloodshot.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pearce is best when he gets to be weird, or gay. Priscilla (gay), Prometheus (weird), Ravenous (weird and gay), etc. He's hot and named "guy pearce" so he gets miscast as a leading man type all the time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Pearce is best when he gets to be weird, or gay. Priscilla (gay), Prometheus (weird), Ravenous (weird and gay), etc. He's hot and named "guy pearce" so he gets miscast as a leading man type all the time.

You forgot rear end in a top hat (LA Confidential) and incredibly confused (Memento).

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pearce rules most times.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
He must be a total rear end in a top hat or just impossible to work with, because he always does great work in whatever he's in and it makes no sense that he's not a bigger star.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He always comes off super likable and laid back in interviews to me. I'm guessing bad agent(s)? Or maybe fills a niche too similar to bigger stars?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bloodshit

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Watch Bloodsport instead.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DeimosRising posted:

He's plays a boring guy in Results and he's great. Results is a good movie, watch it, it's on Netflix.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Pearce is fun and cartoonishly evil in The Count of Monte Cristo as well.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

He must be a total rear end in a top hat or just impossible to work with, because he always does great work in whatever he's in and it makes no sense that he's not a bigger star.

That doesn't track at all. He's been consistently getting work with all kinds of people in all kinds of films for nearly 30 years. That may just be the niche he's happy in. Not everyone wants to be a chris pratt type leading man.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Guy Pierce is a pretty awesome and charismatic actor

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This movie would be completely forgettable if Guy Pearce wasn't cast in the lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4hZqrIM9w

Actually, it's still pretty forgettable, but Guy makes it worth a watch on a lazy sunday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ruddiger posted:

This movie would be completely forgettable if Guy Pearce wasn't cast in the lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4hZqrIM9w

Actually, it's still pretty forgettable, but Guy makes it worth a watch on a lazy sunday.

I mean there's also the fact that John Carpenter successfully sued them for ripping off Escape from New York.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I could really go for whatever that is right now.
Soto ayam. It's Indonesian chicken soup.

It's good.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

feedmyleg posted:

He always comes off super likable and laid back in interviews to me. I'm guessing bad agent(s)? Or maybe fills a niche too similar to bigger stars?

By all accounts I've heard he's super nice and great to work with, like Hugh Jackman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Guy Pearce is one of the few actors that gets me interested in a thing by their presence.