Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1277976700513443843

so there is hope for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's a good crew other than Orlovsky

Also hope they put Mina on the draft next year, she'd kill it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

Maybe thats why he jumped to Fox :v:

nah, he's been on his way out for a while, that was his last week.

Much more hilariously, it seems like ESPN asked Bomani to go on his show to completely trash him on the way out. Let no one be unsure why he's on his way to Fox

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

nah, he's been on his way out for a while, that was his last week.

Much more hilariously, it seems like ESPN asked Bomani to go on his show to completely trash him on the way out. Let no one be unsure why he's on his way to Fox

Bo insists he called in on his own.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm super pumped I might never hear Will Cain ever again.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ESPN+ is getting a price increase.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

ESPN+ is getting a price increase.

Surprised it took this long, especially with as much money as Disney's been hemorrhaging.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s going up a dollar to $5.99 if anyone was wondering

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Youtube TV started at $35/month about two years ago, went to $50/month, and has now cranked to $65/month.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This happened to be with DirectTVNow. The price jumped like $20-25/month with no warning.

Sadly these companies have begun to figure out that they can squeeze people more. We are going to be at the point soon where if you have multiple streaming services you will be paying what you would pay for cable.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Playstation Vue had all of the sports league channels (although I think NFL Net was an add on package) but had MLB, NBA, NHL in the core and even with the NFL added on the price was less than what YoutubeTV is going to be asking for next month and they still don't have NFL Net. I'm sorry, adding the Viacom channels like MTV, Comedy Central, CMT, Nick, Nick@Nite and VH1 is in no way worth a price hike. Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office and Ridiculousness on almost 24/7 should be net negative and offer a rebate at this point.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think Sling was the only one that had NFL Network? I dunno I had Hulu with Live TV before canceling it when sports died. It was about the same as what YouTube is now but you also get regular Hulu so seems like a way better value.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what owns is when you keep paying for cable for sports and then the sport you watch the most won't be on your cable provider because the owners want their own loving network

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's wild the Cubs have literally managed to piss me off to the point that 4 years removed from their first WS in like my and my dad's lifetimes I loving have nothing but hate and contempt for that organization and can't even bring myself to care about them.

gently caress the Ricketts man...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:wedass:

quote:

Australian Rules Football
Australian Football League-Round 5
Carlton Blues vs. St. Kilda Saints — ESPN2, 5:30 a.m. (Thursday)

Baseball
Korean Baseball Organization
Hanwha Eagles at KIA Tigers — ESPN, 5:25 a.m. (Thursday)

English Premier League
Matchweek 32
Arsenal vs. Norwich City — NBCSN, 12:55 p.m.
Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United — Peacock/NBC Sports Gold, 1 p.m.
Everton vs. Leicester City — Peacock/NBC Sports Gold, 1 p.m.
West Ham United vs. Chelsea — NBCSN/Universo, 3:10 p.m.

LaLiga
Matchday 33
Alaves vs. Granada — beIN Sports, 1:20 p.m.
Real Valladolid vs. Levante (UD) — beIN Sports, 3:50 p.m.
Real Betis vs. Villarreal — beIN Sports, 7:30 p.m. (same day coverage)

NWSL
Challenge Cup, Zions Bank Stadium, Herriman, UT
Portland Thorns vs. Chicago Red Stars — CBS Sports All-Access, 12:30 p.m.
Washington Spirit vs. North Carolina Courage — CBS Sports All-Access, 10 p.m.

Serie A
Match Day 29
Bologna vs. Cagliari — ESPN, 1:25 p.m.
Hellas Verona vs. Parma — ESPN, 3:30 p.m.
Lecce vs. Sampdoria — ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.

Tennis
Altec/Stylslinger Tennis Exhibition: 3rd Place Match and Finals — Tennis Channel, noon

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

what owns is when you keep paying for cable for sports and then the sport you watch the most won't be on your cable provider because the owners want their own loving network

MLB treats my state like a hostile foreign nation and has a very strict embargo against it so I can't relate to ever having access sorry

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1278330863940501506

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
nice

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Cross-posting from NBA thread: https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1278339063360020482?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Boston radio has some thoughts about Cam daring to have personality.

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1278152944999788544

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DJExile posted:

Boston radio has some thoughts about Cam daring to have personality.

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1278152944999788544

lol they were immediately owned by *checks notes* Bill Belichick's own words

https://twitter.com/OnePantherPlace/status/1278189925553393666

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha phenomenal

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Whew. Glad to see that Bo and Pablo will be sticking around.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
“I like that we don’t ride each other like ponies after TDs.”

*Cut to picture of Patriots players riding each other like ponies*

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its like, I turned off my computer thinking "I wanna make a not-joke about Boston being super extra to Cam Newton for reasons but I'll not" and then I woke up and I had missed the window.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Real Patriot greatness comes from players who never show emotion on the field, like Randy Moss.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1278371778679767042
The "not suitable for Mina Kimes" disclaimer killed me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god hahahahaha

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dexo posted:

It's wild the Cubs have literally managed to piss me off to the point that 4 years removed from their first WS in like my and my dad's lifetimes I loving have nothing but hate and contempt for that organization and can't even bring myself to care about them.

gently caress the Ricketts man...

I’m getting there. I really hate to abandon the Cubs, but my god I can’t stand the Ricketts. I hope Marquee is an utter failure, but these networks, that no one seems to get, still make money somehow.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The last time I could watch the Astros reliably, they played in the NL.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I get that even without a pandemic, the 4th of July weekend isn't exactly a big sports TV weekend, but woo boy...

ESPN posted:

ESPN will air the Eagles concert “Live From The Forum MMXVIII” this holiday weekend. The Eagles spent the majority of 2018 on an extensive North American tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit. Earning rave reviews from fans and critics alike, the quintet arrived at the Forum in Los Angeles for three sold-out concerts on September 12, 14, and 15. Highlights from all three shows have now been compiled for the new 26-song live album and concert film that will premiere on ESPN this Sunday, July 5th, at 8 PM EDT / 5 PM PDT, introduced by longtime Eagles fan ESPN’s Chris Berman.

“Sports and music have long been at the top of the list for being able to bring people of all types together. The Eagles have been doing just that for almost half a century,” said ESPN’s Chris Berman. “We at ESPN are thrilled beyond belief to share this premiere with everyone! What a wonderful way to cap off the holiday weekend!”

“Music and sports fans have been shut out from live events for more than three months. The premiere of LIVE FROM THE FORUM MMXVIII, this July 4th weekend on ESPN, is the Eagles’ gift to their fans,” said Eagles’ longtime manager, Irving Azoff. “We are honored to be part of ESPN’s Sunday night programming, the home of such acclaimed shows as ’30 for 30′ and ‘The Last Dance.’”

Said Burke Magnus, Executive Vice President, Programming Acquisitions and Scheduling, “This was a unique opportunity to partner with one of the greatest bands of all time to bring audiences some new and exciting entertainment. For many music and sports are inextricably linked, so we are thrilled to present this momentous event from one of the cathedrals of sports – – The Forum.”

There is so much to unpack here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anyway here's Wonderwall Thursday

quote:

Australian Rules Football
Australian Football League-Round 5
Collingwood Magpies vs. Essendon Bombers — FS1, 5:30 a.m. (Friday)

Baseball
Korean Baseball Organization
LG Twins at Samsung Lions — ESPN, 5:25 a.m. (Friday)

Boxing
Top Rank Boxing Summer Series
Junior Welterweights, MGM Grand Conference Center Grand Ballroom, Las Vegas, NV
Jose Pedraza vs. Mikkel LesPierre — ESPN, 8 p.m.

Bundesliga
Relegation Playoff, Leg 1, Weserstadion, Bremen, Germany
SV Werder Bremen vs. 1. FC Heidenheim 1846 — FS2, 2:20 p.m.

English Premier League
Matchweek 32
Sheffield United vs. Tottenham Hotspur — NBCSN, 12:55 p.m.
Manchester City vs. Liverpool — NBCSN/Universo, 3:10 p.m.

Golf
PGA Tour
Rocket Mortgage Classic, Detroit Golf Club, Detroit, MI
1st Round — Golf Channel, 3 p.m.
2nd Round (Featured Groups) — PGA Tour Live, 6:45 a.m. (Friday)

LaLiga
Matchday 33
Eibar vs. Osasuna — beIN Sports, 1:20 p.m.
Real Madrid vs. Getafe CF — beIN Sports, 3:50 p.m.
Real Sociedad vs. Espanyol — beIN Sports, 6:30 p.m. (same day coverage)

Tennis
Eastern European Championship, Tipsarevic Tennis Academy, Belgrade, Serbia
Round Robin — Tennis Channel, 8 a.m.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

DJExile posted:

I get that even without a pandemic, the 4th of July weekend isn't exactly a big sports TV weekend, but woo boy...

Oh wow. My mom may end up watching ESPN on purpose for the first time in her life.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Berman better be hopped up on Deux Deux Deux

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DJExile posted:

it’s cool they chose the least culturally relevant band that they possibly could with only the most tangential possible connection to sports (jd and the straight shot have opened for them on tour)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They couldn’t get the rights for 3 hours of Barry Zito doing Dan Fogelberg covers

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So, according to his Instagram, Dan O'Toole's one month old daughter was kidnapped (or is missing).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So, according to his Instagram, Dan O'Toole's one month old daughter was kidnapped (or is missing).

Oh god :stare:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is it shocking or not shocking that Dave Portnoy thought that Colin Kaepernick was an arab who was kneeling for the national anthem because he supported ISIS?

The special-ed clickbait Bill Simmons ladies and gentlemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Really good update

https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1278878704324825088?s=20