Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
imitation crab is good

fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chinatown posted:

imitation crab is good

fight me

I will join you in this fight

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

I will join you in this fight

*puts on my fighting trousers*

Thread question: what's the best way to cook those Kirkland brats? Boil in beer to get up to temp and then finish on grill? What beer would be good to use?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Fake crab is better then real crab! 💯💯

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Definitely a lot less :effort:

Every time I have crab legs or lobster I’m like this is not worth the hassle!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
btw on meat-shortage-chat...

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I don't know about better, but sometimes imitation crab is exactly what's called for.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Coredump posted:

*puts on my fighting trousers*

Thread question: what's the best way to cook those Kirkland brats? Boil in beer to get up to temp and then finish on grill? What beer would be good to use?

Best way to cook is pretty much what you said. Boil in beer for a few minutes (don't overcook!) and finish them on the grill. You can use any beer that's not super bitter (no IPA's, extra stouts, etc).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The frozen honey walnut shrimp is bad and I am sad.

Also the acai bowl is gone, which most of you will rejoice over, but I was really looking forward to one for dinner.

Instead...bad honey walnut shrimp.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that does not sound like a good ingredient combination for shrimp

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Soon, the only good thing to come out of 2020:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

MackAddie posted:

Soon, the only good thing to come out of 2020:

I wonder if they will put up the whole menu on the food court walls only to mark stuff as unavailable.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Fallom posted:

that does not sound like a good ingredient combination for shrimp

It's normally pretty good but definitely a small serving thing (like coconut shrimp). The sauce was disgustingly mayonnaise-y though instead of like a sesame-honey glaze like it ought to me.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah that's gross.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I hate walnut shrimp and shake my head in disappointment whenever my white friends order it at chinese restaurants

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chinatown posted:

imitation crab is good

fight me

Imitation crab needs a name change, it's just good for what it is and obviously not crab. People wouldn't look down on 'cod strips' the same way.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tried the lemon grass curry chicken, it was ok.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

13Pandora13 posted:

The frozen honey walnut shrimp is bad and I am sad.

Also the acai bowl is gone, which most of you will rejoice over, but I was really looking forward to one for dinner.

Instead...bad honey walnut shrimp.

Yeah, I really didn’t like the sauce that came with that shrimp.

13Pandora13 posted:

It's normally pretty good but definitely a small serving thing (like coconut shrimp). The sauce was disgustingly mayonnaise-y though instead of like a sesame-honey glaze like it ought to me.

Exactly. It’s not good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

Last time I just grilled them over medium-low heat, and they came out perfect. When I do the beer bath I used Fat Tire since a case of it is cheap, and it goes well with sausages.

13Pandora13 posted:

I like the idea of honey walnut shrimp, but every time I've tried it has been that same nasty sauce like you're talking about.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

therobit posted:

I wouldn't eat imitation sashimi, I wouldn't eat imitation steak tartar, and I would eat imitation cookie dough.this is health and safety gone MAD! SOMEONE CALL THE DAILY MAIL!

Dr Seuss's first attempt at reaching out to the japanese community needs work

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chinatown posted:

imitation crab is good

fight me

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Just call fake krab "Surimi" and it sounds fancy and tricks folk into eating it on sushi.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Sometimes they have little tubs of fresh crab meat and it's excellent for easy crab cakes with no effort. The expiry date is always crazy far away, they must nuke them with x-rays or something.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Weirdly enough, the latest threat from cookie dough is uncooked flour that can carry e coli.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Does Costco have those $20 tower fans yet?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Chinatown posted:

does costco sell Bunkers for the covidocolypse

Costco needs to start selling euthanasia equipment. Like a helmet I can put on that floods with nitrogen and end this pointless existence

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

Costco needs to start selling euthanasia equipment. Like a helmet I can put on that floods with nitrogen and end this pointless existence

They already have the nitrogen in the tire center so it wouldn't even be an expensive addition.

Put my ashes in one of the urns they sell, I deserve the good deals in the afterlife

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FCKGW posted:

Does Costco have those $20 tower fans yet?

Which ones? I have one in my living room that I think the oscillating bearing broke on. That I got from target and it sucks compared to the one in my bedroom

...which came from costco.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

It would be in a two pack on a blister card

Fair_Winds
Feb 26, 2018

I'd prefer a sale on Rope, Stepladders, and a ceiling fan. Bundle and save.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Fair_Winds posted:

I'd prefer a sale on Rope, Stepladders, and a ceiling fan. Bundle and save.

Nope, mega guillotine.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ate a pep slice. It was really greasy again. I guess its from all the pep. Still no combo option, guess I'll go straight cheese next time

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Cheese is even more unhealthy tho!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Went to church today and there were no less than three maskless people inside the holy of holies, defiling it.

They were doing a great job making sure people had masks as they went in. I was grabbing a cart when I heard the greeter say “Do you have a mask sir!?...well you do now!” and the dude did put it on, after he’d pushed his cart 15 yards into the store. Whoever hired this particular employee deserves a promotion because telling him to gently caress off would be equivalent to telling Santa to gently caress off, he was a super jovial chubby white haired boomer. Dead ringer for Brian Doyle-Murray tbh.

But I didn’t see anyone policing while inside the store.

Last time I was at Costco was 6-8 weeks ago and I didn’t see a single person without a mask. AND there wasn’t a statewide mask order then, but there is now.

Not good.

I think maybe they got rid of the three fresh meats per person signs but I didn’t really look because I didn’t need more than three fresh meats anyway. Meat prices are still way jacked for the good stuff though. I love me some steaks but I’m not paying 11.99/lb for NY strips when I can get pork chops for $3 a pound still. Pre covid you could get NY strip loins for $6 a pound but I haven’t seen one since February.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Cheese is even more unhealthy tho!

Its more of like a texture thing I guess? Like, my slice was WET. I dunno, maybe the cheese slice is the same

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ate a pep slice. It was really greasy again. I guess its from all the pep. Still no combo option, guess I'll go straight cheese next time

whoa costco pizza is greasy hoyl poo poo no way

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Chinatown posted:

whoa costco pizza is greasy hoyl poo poo no way

There are degrees, my man. And I've never had a combo or cheese slice that was 75% covered with orange grease

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Tritip was $10/lb at Costco last week. NO THANKS

Meat shortage is real

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Tritip was $10/lb at Costco last week. NO THANKS

Meat shortage is real

Lol gently caress that. Tri tip should be 5.99 absolute tops and that’s only if it’s amazing quality and perfectly trimmed.

Average price should be like $4/lb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bird with big dick posted:

Lol gently caress that. Tri tip should be 5.99 absolute tops and that’s only if it’s amazing quality and perfectly trimmed.

Average price should be like $4/lb.

yeah the whole appeal of a nice tri-tip is that it was cheap and low-key as a cut. that's been changing a bit the last several years becoming rapidly more popular but still