Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tighclops posted:

Chris Judge seems like he'd be a blast to go drinking with

He is a giant of a man. I remember the panel at a con I saw him at he was talking about how he wished Teal'C would get to be more relaxed and informal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Falcorum posted:

RIP Tollans, smart enough to make a stargate, not smart enough to make more than one gun.

It's been awhile since I watched the episode. But I liked the implication that the Goa'uld were twisted enough to blackmail the Tollans into doing their dirty work instead of just wiping them out right away.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Trast posted:

It's been awhile since I watched the episode. But I liked the implication that the Goa'uld were twisted enough to blackmail the Tollans into doing their dirty work instead of just wiping them out right away.

That's exactly what happened, Anubis sends Tanith with a ship that can resist their guns and extorts them for a phase-shifting bomb that can go through the iris and blow up the SGC.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess they never thought of shooting that phase shifting bomb through the shields of the gun resisting ship.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

McSpanky posted:

That's exactly what happened, Anubis sends Tanith with a ship that can resist their guns and extorts them for a phase-shifting bomb that can go through the iris and blow up the SGC.

That was it. Anubis was taking extra joy in making them kill the SGC after they'd been smug as poo poo towards the gua'olds before.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

once they had them all available on earth after the end of atlantis, do you think they ever hooked up the atlantis ancient database + merlins avalon database + the asgard database, just to see what might happen

related question: did they ever drop a line to the folks in the ori galaxy to ask if there were any database-shaped artifacts sitting around celestis

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcc0dbwfMRg
I love this show

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

binging stargate for the first time ever. every teal'c episode is the best episode.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

3 DONG HORSE posted:

binging stargate for the first time ever. every teal'c episode is the best episode.

teal'c is legit the best character in the franchise, there's a subtle "riker grows a beard" character development shift partway through the show where he starts to get real good but it's subtle enough where you probably won't notice what actually changed until way later

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Come post in my blind watch thread, I'm lonely.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I like the episode where teal'c beats up the neighborhood bully then bangs a hot milf

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Besides space Mongols I don't remember too many bad sg1 eps

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

Besides space Mongols I don't remember too many bad sg1 eps

Emancipation is Stargates version of Threshold from voyager. The very next episode The Broca Divide is pretty bad as well. Most of the truly terrible episodes were from season 1. Every other season has maybe 1 or 2 bad episodes which isn't that bad when you have 22 episode seasons.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I almost mentioned the broca divide too. Didn't know it was the next one.

I dislike broca in part because I feel like I've seen it way too many times. It was always seemingly "the episode that happened to be on TV"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Planet of the mimes was pretty awful.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The crystal one too I think

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Emancipation is Stargates version of Threshold from voyager. The very next episode The Broca Divide is pretty bad as well. Most of the truly terrible episodes were from season 1. Every other season has maybe 1 or 2 bad episodes which isn't that bad when you have 22 episode seasons.

Emancipation is actually a replay of a TNG episode, Code of Honor.

The exact same writer decided to do pretty much the same exact story.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Falcorum posted:

Emancipation is actually a replay of a TNG episode, Code of Honor.

The exact same writer decided to do pretty much the same exact story.

Huh I'm going to have to look that one up. I don't remember that one at all.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Remember when the zat guns could disintegrate at 3 shots but they stopped using it because it was obviously really dumb

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

CptAwesome posted:

Remember when the zat guns could disintegrate at 3 shots but they stopped using it because it was obviously really dumb

Yeah. I think they only did that in the introduction episode and when Teal'c killed the evil universe version of himself.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
There's also one random time they use it to get rid of like, some crates or something

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Fourth shot brings the corpse back.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

a lot of people hated that very last episode (Unending) but I thought it was a good sendoff

so ymmv as to whether or not you count that as a bad episode or not, personally I thought it was great

the movie they made to tie up those loose ends though hoo boy that's another kettle of snakes entirely

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

"the gliders cannon may still be operational"

"I like the attitude, Teal'c"

Watcing the Lieutenant Tyler episode. i like it when jack goes commando

E: lmao gently caress i forgot what tealc does with the cannon

Worf fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 23, 2020

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

paragon1 posted:

There's also one random time they use it to get rid of like, some crates or something

Right, they disintegrated the crates full of their gear in "1969" to preserve the timeline.

blatman posted:

a lot of people hated that very last episode (Unending) but I thought it was a good sendoff

so ymmv as to whether or not you count that as a bad episode or not, personally I thought it was great

the movie they made to tie up those loose ends though hoo boy that's another kettle of snakes entirely

"Unending" wasn't a terrible episode but it was kind of ironic, since it was the first time in three or four years that the production had been promised they were for sure being renewed so they didn't bother writing it as a potential series finale. Oops.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Between those 2 episodes and "just because my reproductive organs are on the inside"... Amanda Tapping had it tough in the first season :(

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

blatman posted:

Unending was a good episode, but didn't think it was a fitting end for the series. But I can't blame the writing team for that since they didn't know the show was getting canceled.

Edit: An episode like 200 matched the tone of the series better and would have been a more satisfying conclusion.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

One of the fun consequences of Stargate being made in the pacific northwest is that whenever another show goes to a forest I just can't help feel that I'm back watching SG-1. Altered Carbon has a bunch of forest stuff in both seasons and it just takes me back to 1997 instantly.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

well why not posted:

One of the fun consequences of Stargate being made in the pacific northwest is that whenever another show goes to a forest I just can't help feel that I'm back watching SG-1. Altered Carbon has a bunch of forest stuff in both seasons and it just takes me back to 1997 instantly.

Yeah I think Supernatural was filmed in the same area, always looked like they were hunting ghosts on the same planet that SG1 hunted g’ould.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah I think Supernatural was filmed in the same area, always looked like they were hunting ghosts on the same planet that SG1 hunted g’ould.

does supernatural have any arthurian content?? i need to set up a clever joke about “super goaulds ’n’ ghosts”

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does the show ever explain why the ships that are supposed to land on pyramids have only 3 sides while the pyramids themselves have 4 sides?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does the show ever explain why the ships that are supposed to land on pyramids have only 3 sides while the pyramids themselves have 4 sides?

this is what happens when you use too many subcontractors

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Squizzle posted:

does supernatural have any arthurian content?? i need to set up a clever joke about “super goaulds ’n’ ghosts”

It's been a while but I think they did find Excalibur and use it to slay some dragons.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

all future sci fi buildings are Simon Fraser university

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

movax posted:

all future sci fi buildings are Simon Fraser university

given the high rate of suicides attributed to the effect of the architecture on that campus, it seems a suitable choice for horror or dystopias

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

gently caress I still love Stargate. That is all.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

given the high rate of suicides attributed to the effect of the architecture on that campus, it seems a suitable choice for horror or dystopias

the high school i went to looked like that building

it is oppressive and inorganic

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

So I tried watching Atlantis for the first time after loving SG-1 for years and I bounced off the first two episodes pretty hard. Does it get... better? It felt like a terrible cheap knockoff of SG-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I don't remember the first few episodes but yeah it gets a lot better.