Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They didn't panic book Brodie's title shot at all. He was originally going to debut in Rochester before the shutdown and chose to push it back a few weeks, which is probably why the build felt "rushed," but Brodie/Mox was always the plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meltzer's report on cody's press call says brodie lee getting the title shot was a late change

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It feels like the original plan was for MJF vs. Mox at DoN. I know they said 90% of DoN was what they had originally planned on but I'm not sure how much I buy that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think somebody said that too but i don't remember who

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mox established that all you have to do is ask for a title shot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

Mox established that all you have to do is ask for a title shot.

The problem with that is it makes everyone else on the roster look weak for not taking him up on the offer and instead waiting in line.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 12, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The problem with that is it makes everyone else on the roster look weak for not taking him up on the offer and instead waiting in line.

It makes them look weaker than Mox, but also Mox is firmly established as extremely dangerous so it's hard to blame them for not wanting to gently caress with him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nah none of that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pylons posted:

It makes them look weaker than Mox, but also Mox is firmly established as a dangerous lunatic so it's hard to blame them for not wanting to gently caress with him.

Well it makes them look weaker than Brodie. Why was he motivated enough to pick a fight but no one else is? Logically based on established characters if all you had to do was ask Darby Allin should be jumping off stuff for that opportunity, Jericho should have his whole crew backing him, and Lance Archer would seem like a guy who would be highly motivated. And that's without even looking at all the other guys nowhere near the title who would jump at a career defining opportunity.

Being scared of the champ is a bad Brock Lesnar way to book. The title should be the most coveted thing in the promotion, at least to some.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Well it makes them look weaker than Brodie. Why was he motivated enough to pick a fight but no one else is? Logically based on established characters if all you had to do was ask Darby Allin should be jumping off stuff for that opportunity, Jericho should have his whole crew backing him, and Lance Archer would seem like a guy who would be highly motivated. And that's without even looking at all the other guys nowhere near the title who would jump at a career defining opportunity.

Being scared of the champ is a bad Brock Lesnar way to book. The title should be the most coveted thing in the promotion, at least to some.

Brodie is also the only person to kick out of a paradigm shift (at 1, I'll add) so most of the roster *is* weaker than Brodie.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Let's remember the "all you had to do was ask" line came at the end of a brutal beatdown as a way of taking the wind out of Brodie's sails.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pylons posted:

It feels like the original plan was for MJF vs. Mox at DoN. I know they said 90% of DoN was what they had originally planned on but I'm not sure how much I buy that.

I’m pretty sure MJF said on the post-Revolution Dynamite declared a title shot was his next focus.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lamuella posted:

Let's remember the "all you had to do was ask" line came at the end of a brutal beatdown as a way of taking the wind out of Brodie's sails.

Yeah, I don't actually think its some established idea. Its just what Mox expressed as bravado at Brodie. But it still goes back to the original point that Brodie's title shot was rushed and not given a ton of legitimacy and it followed Hager getting what felt like an undeserving shot no one was asking for and then Cage being hotshotted into the title picture.

I don't personally have a huge problem with Moxley being a "fighting champion". I just think title shots should be built up a little bit or earned in some way. I don't have a huge problem with Cage's situation, but I wish it was being slowplayed a bit more. And claiming the TNT title is "equal" and having Cody genuinely do "fighting champion" with it and lots of people stepping up ends up making things feel a bit more complicated.

Pylons posted:

Brodie is also the only person to kick out of a paradigm shift (at 1, I'll add) so most of the roster *is* weaker than Brodie.

But that's still not good. You want Brodie to look strong, not for the rest of the roster to look weak. Its a line to walk but it exists.

Bear in mind, I'm talking hypothetically here. As I said, I don't particularly buy into the "you just have to ask" thing. I just take Moxley as a braggart. Hager and Brodie were an issue but Cage is a step in the right direction of "earning" title shots again.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Benne posted:

They didn't panic book Brodie's title shot at all. He was originally going to debut in Rochester before the shutdown and chose to push it back a few weeks, which is probably why the build felt "rushed," but Brodie/Mox was always the plan.

Brodie debuted the week he was scheduled to.

I don’t think it was “panic booking” but it was almost definitely a pivot given COVID. The Dark Order vs. SCU feels like it might’ve been the original plan before Uno and Stu got stuck in Canada.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I live in Rochester and I will forever be disappointed I didn’t get to see the reappearance of our perfect beautiful local son Brodie Lee

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Fumaofthelake posted:

I live in Rochester and I will forever be disappointed I didn’t get to see the reappearance of our perfect beautiful local son Brodie Lee

As just a fan i will be forever sad Brodie and Matt didn't debut to a hot crowd because there's nothing better than a wrestling crowd losing their poo poo.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean, all Brodie has to do was ask, presumably because Mox wanted to fight him anyway. He's not under any obligation to give anybody else an opportunity just because they want it.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
https://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=137155&p=1

PWInsider posted:

New Japan Pro Wrestling held a secret TV taping today in the Los Angeles area under the title "Lion's Break Collision."

PWInsider.com has confirmed 9-10 matches were taped in front of a closed set with social distancing rules used during all times for production.

The talent roster used was exclusively American and featured what will be the official New Japan Pro Wrestling debut of former MLW Champion Tom Lawlor.

Other talents who worked on the taping include Jeff Cobb, TJP, Rocky Romero, Clark Connors, Alex Coughlin, Karl Fredericks and Misterioso, among others.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yes please.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Filthy Tom has made it to the big leagues. Bryan must be so proud/disgusted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Has Bryan ever worked Rocky Romero, seems like his kind of guy to wrestle?

Oh, and yeah, Christian's probably doing a match with Randy Orton presumably because Edge is too hurt to continue the program that needs to keep going for some reason after progressing from LAST MAN STANDING to A REGULAR MATCH. I assume this will be a verbal debate.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Half of tonight's SD is the Taker tribute, including a replay of the Mania match with Styles. Other plans include segments with Jeff Hardy and Matt Riddle

Corona made a lot of people too cautious to want to show up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to air a boneyard match, and then also show that Styles/Taker WM match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speaking of

Extreme Rules: The Horror Show is going to have a cinematic match (Braun defending the Universal title against Bray)

WrestlingInc posted:

Wrestling Inc. has learned that the plan is to have various spots and storytelling telling of their past to the present. They want to go back to what made the Boneyard match special "but in a Bray Wyatt kind of way." Wyatt is said to be heavily involved in creating this match along with Jeremy Borash. Triple H will be involved as well when it comes time to film along with a few others. They are trying to keep this shoot close to the vest.

Locations are being scouted for filming as this will be another overnight shoot outdoors. Michael P.S. Hayes, who was involved with some of the other cinematic matches, won't be involved as he is having hip surgery, although he may have some input into putting together the story.

One source noted to me that this will be a cross between a Terminator and a horror movie, noting Bray's ability to always revive himself. The plan is for the match to be more action packed than Wyatt's "Firefly Funhouse" match against John Cena at WrestleMania this past April.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 26, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE finally found a way to get some people to watch WWE Films.

I hope its directed by the Soska Sisters.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

WWE finally found a way to get some people to watch WWE Films.

I hope its directed by the Soska Sisters.

Vince will take one look at them and give them the women's tag titles.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That sounds like the most insufferable bullshit ever, which is par for the course with Bray Wyatt these days

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Actual big time spoiler, here, mouseover at your own risk.

Whoopsy daisy!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Guess that’s one way to get your release.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MJeff posted:

Actual big time spoiler, here, mouseover at your own risk.

Whoopsy daisy!

Well... no reason to watch NXT next week I guess

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

Well... no reason to watch NXT next week I guess

"That'll put butts in the seats!"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Time to retape it and have Cole win.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
and waste that much pyro? r u cRAZYYY

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hirez posted:

and waste that much pyro? r u cRAZYYY
Never underestimate the pettiness of the WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

Time to retape it and have Cole win.

:lol: they might not even have to retape

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1278872916893904897

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Watch in awe as Keith Lee and Adam Cole attempt to recreate Community episode Remedial Chaos Theory as a wrestling match

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What am I looking at? Is that Rikishi?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Indeed. Rikishi has won the NXT World title.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

All of Fyter Fest night 2 has been leaked from a pretty reputable source:

Omega/Page vs. Private Party:
Kicked it off with the only title match on the card. Pretty fast paced match. Page and Omega retain with the Last Call.

Lance Archer vs. Joey Janela:
Archer attacks before the bell and pounds Janela around for a bit. Janela gets in a little offense, but it's mostly ineffective until he counters a Blackout with a nice inverted face buster. He goes up top, but Roberts distracts the ref and allows surprise interference (?!). Archer capitalizes with a Blackout to the outside and rolls Janela back in for the three count.

Promo:
Taz out to cut a promo on Moxley not showing up. Taz says Moxley is done at Fight for the Fallen.

FTR/Bucks vs. Lucha Bros/Butcher and Blade:
Lots of great offense. Poisonrana off the top, splash off the top to the outside. FTR hit a Shatter Machine on a running Fenix. FTR set up the Mind breaker, but Wheeler got pulled off the ropes to the outside. Harwood turned and walked to the other corner and Matt climbed the ropes for the assist to land it. Finish teased Bucks vs. FTR, and Lucha Bros and Butcher/Blade picked up the win. After the match, FTR helps up the Bucks and there's a brief staredown, but they all go to the back without fighting.

Nyla Rose vs. TBD:
Nyla squashes two jobbers. Wins with a powerbomb, then cuts a promo saying she's going to be the Women's Champion again. Disappointing.

Dark Order and Cabana vs. SCU:
Scorpio carries most of the load for SCU early. Lee is dominant when he's in. Cabana looks conflicted and walks away from the ropes a couple times, but eventually starts taking orders from Lee. He begins working in tandem moves with Lee and Grayson as well. Finish comes when Cabana pulls Daniels off of a pin on Grayson while Lee is on the outside. Daniels gives him the "what's wrong with you" scolding and they have a brief staredown while Cabana contemplates what he's done. This allows Lee to sneak back into the ring and hit the big clothesline. Grayson gets up and tags in Cabana, letting him get the pin.

Promo:
Women screaming. No idea what was actually happening, lol.

Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy:
Main Event. This is some of Jericho's best ring psychology and storytelling. Cassidy starts of by putting his hands in his pockets and running circles around Jericho for a bit, but Jericho eventually takes over. The majority of the match from here is a series of moves by Jericho with his signature taunting in between, followed by several brief moments where it looks like Cassidy will gain momentum. He never does, with Jericho eventually countering out of his runs of offense after a couple moves and taking control again. Jericho maintains control and locks in the Walls of Jericho. He uses the ropes for leverage several times and gets admonished by Aubrey Edwards, but keeps doing it. She catches him again and knocks his hand free, allowing Cassidy to counter out. Cassidy wins boo/yea punches and looks to gain momentum again, but Jericho stalls him again by dumping him outside. Fantastic underdog stuff. Cassidy finally has his moment and gets some real offense in with a hurricanrana out of the corner followed by hands back in his pockets and lazy kicks. He feigns the final lazy kick wind up, but hits a super kick instead, then goes up top and hits a big elbow for a two count. Jericho regains control into the Walls of Jericho again, but Cassidy is eventually able to roll out of it. Jericho hits a code breaker, but Cassidy kicks out at two. Cassidy counters a vertical suplex into a stunner. He runs the ropes and looks to be gaining momentum for a second time, but Jericho spins the Judas Effect out of nowhere for the win. Great match with GREAT storytelling. Cassidy has Daniel Bryan style underdog momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Watch in awe as Keith Lee and Adam Cole attempt to recreate Community episode Remedial Chaos Theory as a wrestling match

And Roddy lost his larynx because for some stupid reason, he tried to eat Dexter Lumis!