Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Do it again in Sylvan this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Do it again in Sylvan this time!

lol no one in the Nein speaks the two Dragon Turtle languages: Draconic and Aquan

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

must be leveled up because 90+ is not possible with bite (3d12 + 7 (43)) + 2 claws (2d8 + 7 (23) each)

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TotalHell posted:

lol no one in the Nein speaks the two Dragon Turtle languages: Draconic and Aquan

Doesn't Beau know all languages now? Or is that a couple monk levels later?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Whatr the odds someone hurts the thing and ends the spell

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Whatr the odds someone hurts the thing and ends the spell

thankfully i think everyone knows "don't hurt the polymorphed thing" by now

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Doesn't Beau know all languages now? Or is that a couple monk levels later?

Good call, but that’s 13th level

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao laura should've picked a fuckin goldfish

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Sea turtle= Faster than a dragon turtle

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
"Faster in this form" :lol:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

Sea turtle= Faster than a dragon turtle

Well yeah it’s a draggin’ turtle

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this party is a great example of how overcoming a challenge to get experience in d&d is not always the same thing as killing something

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I’ve missed this

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

skip
skip
skip
skip
skip
skip
skip
skip
skip
skip

(oh, clay)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol they've womped matt here and he's gotta try to salvage it even though the ship is only moving at a fast walking pace

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Relevant image:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
This day is up there on ominousMattisms

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I would chase after a ship filled with dick statues if I was that turtle.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A Bad Dragon Uk'otoa toy :stonklol:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Tye original bad dragon

Hahaha, matt suggesting an ukatoa dildo line

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah I knew I had the right call with the polymorph there, it's the only spell I knew they had that would just knock it out and let them run. I would've gone with the turtle too, no way would I expect it to be that fast.

Part water would have been the most legit way to slow it down. I'd be super down for someone doing that to create basically a battle arena and then having them fight it in that 100 ft. cube. Ultimately in the ocean I think that'd just make a cube of open air with water at the bottom, so the dragon would just be slowed because it basically fell 100 feet.

Now I'm hoping that they pitch the Traveler on fighting one on one with a Dragon Turtle as part of the big showy finale of Travelercon. Maybe he can play it up like it wounded him and he has to recover for awhile. We already know he can make himself real big, and that'd be a really fun fight to see Matt describe.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 3, 2020

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Part Water would only be good for getting away, the water begins to slowly rush in again after a round.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah I love that Matt couldn't resist calling out the bird of paradise MTG card there.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Gettin real horney in here

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
God. They are so far gone.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

There may not be any fanart reel for next week because it's purely going to be drawings of yasha jerking off a plant

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yasha is always being mind controled and Laura's cum hunting, just CR poo poo

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

obviously displacer beasts are too low CR, i see through mercer's tricks

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The event space double booked cults

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

This year's shriner convention is booked alongside the freemason's annual meeting and an indian wedding

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it's a scam, and someone's taking the gems back to civilization.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe it's a scam, and someone's taking the gems back to civilization.

Yeah could be, using some spells or something weird from the flowers/jungle or something to do some mild mind control, then make up a god and keep stashing away valuables in the mountain to eventually make a getaway with, or have someone pick them every once and awhile.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

This is definitely gonna go south

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Hey, have they said if the vod will be uploaded to YouTube at the usual time, or has that been expedited since it’s prerecorded now?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Yeah could be, using some spells or something weird from the flowers/jungle or something to do some mild mind control, then make up a god and keep stashing away valuables in the mountain to eventually make a getaway with, or have someone pick them every once and awhile.

The cast obv think its the fire bird related to ukatoa

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

So the effects that happen around a Gold Dragon's lair includes a mist spreading out which scares off evil creatures...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Arthil posted:

So the effects that happen around a Gold Dragon's lair includes a mist spreading out which scares off evil creatures...

But it hasn't worked on the Nein yet!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Arthil posted:

Hey I could buy that, helping out people and getting the occasional gem sounds like a Gold dragon thing to do. Maybe the memory thing is something else that the dragon's not aware of or causing.

I think the mega fire bird was rumored to have been sealed off or fought with fairly close to Beau's home, which was rumored to be the reason there was weird geothermal/soil stuff in that area.

I also have to figure that the Traveler knew what was up here when he floated it as an idea, and in some way wants the Nein to trick an rear end in a top hat or help him settle an old grudge. Since it's been a LONG time since he was last on Exandria's plane, fire bird could be a candidate there. It's not like it was conclusive that stuff with the bird went down in the Empire, just kind of superstition based on the checks made, IIRC.

I'm real glad CR is back and I hope they're able to keep on going from now on. It's nice to see these dorks playing d&d again.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Just hoping the friendliness of the locals is legit. When they began asking if they offered people to the volcano and got a weird look and a "What? No!" out of Matt I relaxed. A little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Hey, have they said if the vod will be uploaded to YouTube at the usual time, or has that been expedited since it’s prerecorded now?

I doubt it will change since "immediate vod access" is their #1 subscriber perk.