Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh geez, the thread title has got some implications now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing, SNK could maybe benefit from having bigger budgets?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not like snk wants to make pc games anyway

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
With SNK and NRS potentially changing ownership and all of the upheaval in the FGC, things are going to look completely different in 2021

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

AndyElusive posted:

EVO2020 is just going to be Them's Fighting Herds and Skullgirls at this rate.

broke: canceling Skullgirls at EVO

woke: canceling EVO at Skullgirls

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

:stare: WATSON KNEW

What got me was the bit at the end. Though I am not sure why I was surprised that there was in fact more and it was worse.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

broke: canceling Skullgirls at EVO

woke: canceling EVO at Skullgirls

edit: If anyone is in the mood for lighter hearted and more wholesome shitstorms, the second Guilty Gear Strive devblog is out.

https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/db/en/

mycot fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 3, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mycot posted:

edit: If anyone is in the mood for lighter hearted and more wholesome shitstorms, the second Guilty Gear Strive devblog is out.

"Our goal was to make it so that the player could check their health bar and Burst gauge in a single glance.
As a result, however, the player could no longer look at a fixed place on the screen to check their gauge, meaning they had to search for it.
We've heard your feedback and reconsidered our own thinking, so we are planning to change the UI's movement."

Well that is good news.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly that'd probably be pretty cool so long as Sony loads em up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mans posted:

these were quite the surprising 48 hours for the FGC

The moment this was going down in the Dota scene last week, I was just waiting for the FGC and Smash scenes to blow up. And it was worse than I could have ever imagined like what the gently caress dude

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
2/3rds of this is already deleted

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
IIRC, it was just Viscant saying that he didn't know Mikey was underage at the time, nor was he aware of what exactly MrWiz was making boys do.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The moment this was going down in the Dota scene last week

Did it? I didn't hear about this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

IronicDongz posted:

2/3rds of this is already deleted

it was him saying that he had no idea that mrwiz was doing this sort of poo poo to minors (with it phrased badly like he knew mrwiz had been doing this sort of poo poo in general)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not like snk wants to make pc games anyway

To be fair Sony is starting to have some of their first party titles appear on PC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

punk rebel ecks posted:

To be fair Sony is starting to have some of their first party titles appear on PC.

horizon zero dawn for one

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

"Our goal was to make it so that the player could check their health bar and Burst gauge in a single glance.
As a result, however, the player could no longer look at a fixed place on the screen to check their gauge, meaning they had to search for it.
We've heard your feedback and reconsidered our own thinking, so we are planning to change the UI's movement."

Well that is good news.
I'm not sure why it took more than a conversation to realize that having your RISC meter be small and non-static in location, is counter intuitive to quick referencing. Doubly so when fighting game UI has been mostly a "solved" problem for actual decades.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Put the meters in the center mass of my character

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
In battle UI kinda. When it comes to stuff with, say, BlazBlue levels of mechanics there's definitely an issue of where to put bars/how to layer them. Menu UI, not at all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Endorph posted:

In battle UI kinda. When it comes to stuff with, say, BlazBlue levels of mechanics there's definitely an issue of where to put bars/how to layer them. Menu UI, not at all.

Character specific meters and additional UI elements aren't what they flubbed though. This was basic stuff; Health bar, RISC/Guard meter, and Burst which ArcSys has already worked out the kinks with.

Also, they should bring back the miniature character that exists where the portrait location would usually be.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

quote:

Chipp: He has extremely fast movement, but many of his specials are risky.
Axl: He excels at long range, but is heavily at disadvantage at close range.
May: She has very simple ways to get big damage, but doesn't have many tricks.

It's probably a mercy that they didn't go into their intended ideal for Potemkin.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

horizon zero dawn for one

Is it really? I thought that never got confirmed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

It's probably a mercy that they didn't go into their intended ideal for Potemkin.
I liked in BlazBlue when Tager actually managed to be mid tier because they gave him tons of good magnet tricks and they immediately nerfed him into the ground even though he wasn't dominating or anything.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

I liked in BlazBlue when Tager actually managed to be mid tier because they gave him tons of good magnet tricks and they immediately nerfed him into the ground even though he wasn't dominating or anything.

I liked how the first Granblue patch nerfed Ladiva despite being, at best, "Good" in a game with Gran/Ferry/Lancelot.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Is it really? I thought that never got confirmed.
It has a Steam Store page and an estimated release date of "summer". It's the only first party game being directly published on PC by Sony, other Sony published PS4-exclusives coming to PC (like Death Stranding and Beyond Two Souls) were handled by other publishers (505 Games and self-published respectively, in those two examples).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra877

This was just posted about Wizard

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mycot posted:

"large"

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mycot posted:

This is not the part of "Roman cancel" that anyone ever has questions about.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

man...

"If the FGC is to rise from this, then it needs to burn and the people like me need to see ourselves out."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

I remember this and being super confused

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'd prefer this than having SNK soon being owned by the Chinese government.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Kins posted:

It has a Steam Store page and an estimated release date of "summer". It's the only first party game being directly published on PC by Sony, other Sony published PS4-exclusives coming to PC (like Death Stranding and Beyond Two Souls) were handled by other publishers (505 Games and self-published respectively, in those two examples).

oh hell yeah, didn't realize there was a steam page for it, that's great. thanks for the link!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Kins posted:

There's also rumors of a Bloodborne PC port, but those are intermingled with rumors of Bloodborne Remastered for PS5, or possibly Bloodborne 2. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that Bloodborne Remastered ends up being true, and that ends up being the PC release.

Saoshyant posted:

I'd prefer this than having SNK soon being owned by the Chinese government.

:hmmyes:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly that'd probably be pretty cool so long as Sony loads em up.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'd explode with hype if we got a port of 2002 UM with good rollback.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I'd explode with hype if we got a port of 2002 UM with good rollback.

:yeah: I really like that one, it's got such a good cast too

I wonder what's going to happen with all the announcements this year. I still somewhat suspect they were going to announce a proper modern port of mvc2 with that tournament of champions thing. I just can't imagine them playing the Dreamcast version, or even on an arcade board, in an event sponsored directly by Capcom. Plus they would need to clear the rights with Disney too right?

I also wonder if there will even be an Evo next year. They kicked wiz out but, like, he was the face of Evo for a long time. Going to be hard to get past that I'd think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

I liked how the first Granblue patch nerfed Ladiva despite being, at best, "Good" in a game with Gran/Ferry/Lancelot.
It really feels like someone at ArcSys doesnt want grapplers to be good, and like, they realize they don't have to put a traditional grappler in, right? Like neither Melty nor Unist have a traditional grab game character. Kouma and Sacchin in melty use grabs but they aren't 360 commands that immediately destroy you if you guess wrong, they're just part of their combo and mixup games. Same with Mika in unist. They don't have to put in a giant guy with 2x the health of everyone else, no dash, and who does half your hp if he gets in on you to try and make up for that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I wonder what's going to happen with all the announcements this year. I still somewhat suspect they were going to announce a proper modern port of mvc2 with that tournament of champions thing. I just can't imagine them playing the Dreamcast version, or even on an arcade board, in an event sponsored directly by Capcom. Plus they would need to clear the rights with Disney too right?
Probably the same thing that's happening with all the E3 announcements - just dribbling out by themselves over a period of months.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I also wonder if there will even be an Evo next year. They kicked wiz out but, like, he was the face of Evo for a long time. Going to be hard to get past that I'd think
They still have the Cannons and Markman so there's still the community connection, and there's enough money and corporate partnerships sunk in that I suspect that the show'll go on even if it won't end with a Riki-Oh clip anymore.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Lol "will people accept an Evo without it's beloved front man, Mr wizard?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

It really feels like someone at ArcSys doesnt want grapplers to be good, and like, they realize they don't have to put a traditional grappler in, right? Like neither Melty nor Unist have a traditional grab game character. Kouma and Sacchin in melty use grabs but they aren't 360 commands that immediately destroy you if you guess wrong, they're just part of their combo and mixup games. Same with Mika in unist. They don't have to put in a giant guy with 2x the health of everyone else, no dash, and who does half your hp if he gets in on you to try and make up for that.

It's weird cause they've done it for other franchises. Kanji in ultimax is not a traditional grappler he's just got a bunch of command grabs to pepper into his combos and a lot of gimmicks to force himself to get in on you even after he throws you.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I follow fighting game tourny streams and watch as much of EVO as I can every year and I literally could not tell you who Mr. Wiz was in a line up nor do I think I've heard him speak.

It'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Yeah 98% of the people watching evo couldnt even name who the head of evo was, much less have any knowledge of mrwizard. And half the peoplw who do know who mrwizard is hated him to begin with