Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

goatface posted:

Travel everywhere by tall ship. Or longship. Or reed ship. Or unknown sea people vessel.

Ride a horse through the chunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Horace posted:

Interestingly I had the worst Spaghetti Bolognese of my life in Italy. It was in a cafe on an industrial estate but still.

Could also be because spaghetti bolognese is as Italian as chicken tikka massala is Indian.

Best food I've ever had was octopus in Sicily. Just literally octopus with a bit of salad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah, we spent half a day in Naples while we were staying in Sorrento. Saw some sculpture and ate some pizza. The highlight was the sculpture

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

saw that statue of pan "fighting" a goat in naples

think it had its own windowless room in the museum

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Ate lots of decent pizza in a 2 week mini tour of italy last year.
We had to try and make sure ahead of time that places did gluten free due to my wife's intolerence but it turns out there's a high number of ceoliacs in Italy so it was pretty easy to find places that catered.
Possibly my favourite meal though was a mixed fish dish at night outdoors at a tiny place on the dockside in Sorrento.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

goatface posted:

Travel everywhere by tall ship. Or longship. Or reed ship. Or unknown sea people vessel.

the ferry is the best for cycling. you don't have to pack it in to a box like for a plane and for some stuipid loving reason eurostar charge £50 for a bike but on a ferry it's free.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Butterfly Valley posted:

Ah ok sorry for the hostility, I thought you were blaming me for my experience somehow

Nah I'm a oval office but I'm not a loving oval office. It always bums me out to hear people getting scammed or treated like poo poo somewhere because it just sours the idea of that place.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
By the time the waiter took the 3 euros change or whatever that I'd have probably left anyway out of politeness even though the pizza was bad I was inwardly laughing at what a comprehensive shithole the place was and we ended up buying ingredients from a supermarket to make sandwiches and eating them in our hotel room for the remainder of our stay

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's jackbox night tonight, apes, as it always is on a friday

come to the discord at 8pm. come.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Whorelord posted:

Could also be because spaghetti bolognese is as Italian as chicken tikka massala is Indian.

That is not what I infer from the Dolmio family on tv.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
So is anyone going to be beating down the doors of a pub tomorrow at 6am?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Barry White posted:

I suppose if you were desperate for a pub then early doors is the best possible time as the joint is probably as clean as it's going to be and I imagine not many people will be there...

But no. gently caress that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
6am doubles on your way to your shift at the care home.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Barry White posted:

Am I gently caress.

Unfortunatley my psychic powers don't extend to lottery numbers but I can still see the next 2 weeks very clearly.

1) Sunday/Monday media are full of pictures of packed pubs, where no social distancing or any of the other regulations are being observed by the customers, or enforced by the publicans.

2) Two weeks from now Coronavirus cases start spiking upwards

3) Boris Jonson is :shrug: "Weird, didn't expect that to happen".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look, if you don't all get in there and sink 12 pints then it will be your fault when the pubcos are forced to close down a bunch of pubs for not being able to pay the rent they refused to waive or reduce.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
When I tell friends and pub regulars about the changes we've had to make to make it even halfway okay to open again they get real antsy about it like oo hm don't like the sound of that.

Like pal I just said that if you're sat outside and it rains, you can't come in, that's not exactly a great hassle for you, your beer's in a takeaway cup and you live two streets over.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is friday. please post your dogs, for review.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good Boy.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

goldenninjawarrior posted:

When I tell friends and pub regulars about the changes we've had to make to make it even halfway okay to open again they get real antsy about it like oo hm don't like the sound of that.

Tbh, it does sound pretty poo poo. Booking ahead, queueing, handing your details over, being assigned a table that you have to stay at and some poor staff member having to go around nagging people to move further apart and stop mingling. I mean, I'm eager to patriotically support our pubs by going to them and drinking lots of beer but all of that sounds actively unpleasant.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hows the pub toilet situation? can i poop there yet

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
If I'm passing I will grab a takeaway pint or whatever but yeah I have no interest in all the hassle of that. I think quite a few places have a time limit on the table and I find it kinda difficult to enjoy a pub drink with a time limit hanging over me

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

hows the pub toilet situation? can i poop there yet
only with 2 other people from your household but not if they are wearing green or it is a wednesday

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

This is my dog. Quite stupid but fluffy

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not redundant anymore! I go back to work in August! I'm going to celebrate by waiting outside weatherspoons tomorrow to fight someone.

Edit: Also a personal edit to apologize to the big man Jose. Gave him a rough time when I was on a wee bit of a bender last week.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jose likes a rough time, iykwim

thanks for the dogs, all. they have passed muster

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

goatface posted:

6am doubles on your way to your shift at the care home.

I’ve seen a still pissed postie stagger into a ‘spoons before.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

couple good dogs on this page

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I ordered pizza and I am ready for jackbox

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Natalie Fartman posted:

I ordered pizza and I am ready for jackbox

I got chinese. It's sitting there because I'm drink heavy today. 8 bud, 8 strongbow and 2 bottles of wine. This furlough has not helped my immunity to alcohol.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Did you drink that already or what

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Already, mate. I'm a wee bit of a borderline. Plus I've a massive unit.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I had a chippy

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Aginor posted:

Already, mate. I'm a wee bit of a borderline. Plus I've a massive unit.

You'd have to be the size of boaty mcboatface to pack that away holy gently caress please get help

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a box'o'wine. It's... ok.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sloth Life posted:

boaty mcboatface

hello

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sloth Life posted:

You'd have to be the size of boaty mcboatface to pack that away holy gently caress please get help

i think if you'd consumed that over the course of an entire day then with practice and a massive bodyweight you might barely get away with just being hugely drunk, but it's equivalent to what, a litre and a bit of gin?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nearing two.

e - Bottles, not litres. Litre and a half maybe. I could do that when I was ~20 and drinking to forget the fact I was alive.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
My dog is under the sofa and concerned about things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Wotcha, boaty?

Sorry I shouldn't swan into a thread and kick off at peeps, I type what comes in to my head it's a Bad Habit