Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWEJapan/status/1278893766816993280?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Benne posted:

More top-notch camerawork from the worldwide leader in sports entertainment

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1278876069962153985?s=19

Sloppy Shop at it again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just let these four and also Kairi do their own thing and WWE just stays out of their way and doesn't try to "help" them.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I just realised Asuka is the one in her late 30s with a husband and kid/s. God her recent goofy run is so wonderful.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benne posted:

There are a thousand ways to cover up a botch without making it look like Mia Yam teleported across the ring

Not disagreeing with that. There was another bad edit sometime during the show that I forget. But it was super jarring.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I get a kick out of the fact Charlotte is the one that gets shoved into everything and pushed super hard, but she's less popular than all of Bayley, Sasha, and Becky.

IIRC, Asuka, Bayley and Sasha have seen ratings increase, while Charlotte's guest spots are always accompanied by a noticeable dip in ratings. The common factor is obviously that Charlotte's opponents aren't draws. Obviously.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vagabundo posted:

IIRC, Asuka, Bayley and Sasha have seen ratings increase, while Charlotte's guest spots are always accompanied by a noticeable dip in ratings. The common factor is obviously that Charlotte's opponents aren't draws. Obviously.

Charlotte is the new HUNT-TOR

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DM Punk posted:

Evolve is dead but SHINE, FIP, and ACW are still alive for some unknown reason.

Tired: being outlived by Impact Wrestling
Wired: being outlived by CZW.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

Tired: being outlived by Impact Wrestling
Wired: being outlived by CZW.

Inspired: being outlived by Delaware indie ECWA (Kettner ran the first show in 1967)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Big Dave with the Scoops

Sane, 31, is returning to Japan to be with her husband. This has been in the works for a while and the company has known about it since May if not earlier. Sane was injured by Jax legit by being thrown into the ring steps hard when she was too close to the steps to control her bump on a Raw match taped on 5/26, which had to be stopped and was edited before it aired on television on 6/1. That’s why she hasn’t been around since, although she is cleared and is scheduled to appear on Raw soon as she is listed for the 7/3 tapings which would be for 7/6 and/or 7/13. But the decision at the time was to not harp on the injury on television nor talk about it at all publicly which is why they never played it up and her name hasn’t been talked about. The idea in play before the Sane-Jax legit injury was to do a career-ending injury angle with her later when it was time for her to leave, which was to set up Asuka against that person at SummerSlam for the title. This is also likely changed since Heyman left, and the person who would have most likely (not confirmed) been put in that spot would be either Flair, who may or may not be back by then, or Baszler, who Vince removed from television. The only thing we know is the person who ended her career was not scheduled to be Jax. While there’s been no talk about it of late, there had been talk that once her contract with WWE was up that she would wrestle one more year in Japan and then retire.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edit: I'm a goddamn idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 3, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can someone answer a question about this pic:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1278701210741223424?s=20

When did Michael Cole die, and why are they propping his corpse up?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye Kairi

Goodbye Shayna

Dave posted:

The idea at the time was Baszler would eventually get the title and they did a finish to build for a rematch using the Money in the Bank stip because Baszler was scheduled to win that match. Vince nixed that and went with Asuka.

Vince also soured on Baszler completely because he never conceptually grasped the style that an MMA fighter should use in pro wrestling and she doesn’t check his buttons when it comes to women in wrestling, so he made the call to remove her push and take her off television. This was all before Heyman was dumped.

Nobody really knows the reason Heyman was dumped past the ratings were bad and a lot on the inside could see it coming, but in hindsight it appears Vince didn’t agree with Heyman on the potential of a lot of the talent he was trying to build around

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

please give yourself a sixer for putting NJC spoilers in the WWE thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

please give yourself a sixer for putting NJC spoilers in the WWE thread

Absolutely right. gently caress. :doh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

J-Ru why do you do this to yourself? :negative:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Rarity posted:

J-Ru why do you do this to yourself? :negative:

i dont know why he did i make no excuses for posting MASTER WATO everywhere until it stops making me giggle

fake edit: just typing that made me giggle

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye Kairi

Goodbye Shayna

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye Kairi

Goodbye Shayna

Vince couldn’t grasp how an MMA style could apply to wrestling but had loving Ronda Rousey as their top women’s star for a full year.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dacap posted:

Vince couldn’t grasp how an MMA style could apply to wrestling but had loving Ronda Rousey as their top women’s star for a full year.

Ronda was a big enough star in her own right that she didn't need WWE, so Vince's inferiority complex kicked in. Shayna has no such luck, however.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dacap posted:

Yes, but you see Rhonda was famous which would bring WWE some respectability in the "mainstream" media which Vince covets so desperately.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Brock is getting paid the big bucks for being a good collegiate wrestler.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jerusalem posted:

damnit j ru I tried to educate you but you only ended up with educated feet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely right. gently caress. :doh:
Thank you for your service

now,

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

damnit j ru I tried to educate you but you only ended up with educated feet

is that like having a penitentiary body?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

jesus WEP posted:

Thank you for your service

now,

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Io vs Sasha beat AEW by 255k.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

quote:

she doesn’t check his buttons when it comes to women in wrestling
I loathe that there is absolutely no surprise here and everyone knows exactly what this means :cripes:

I do wish Dave, and all reporting around wrestling really, would be more explicit when covering lovely practises and ideas. Don't say "doesn't check his buttons", just say "he doesn't want to gently caress her and that's still the primary governing factor in WWE". We all know that's what he's talking about, so serving up the softened version just makes it read, to me, like a push to handwave it because "oh well, that Vince, huh :rolleyes:" Journalists should not be speaking in euphemisms, no matter how light.

And in case it's not clear, gently caress Vince McMahon. I despair to think of how many hundreds of quality wrestlers didn't get a chance because they sneezed at the wrong time or didn't have big enough tits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taping schedule, per Post Wrestling:

Today: Raw to air July 6 and 13
July 15: NXT to air July 15 and 22
July 17: SmackDown to air July 17
July 19: Extreme Rules
July 20: Raw to air July 20 and 27
July 21: SmackDown to air July 24 and 31
July 29: NXT to air July 29 and August 5
August 3: Raw to air August 3 and 10
August 4: SmackDown to air August 7 and 14
August 12: NXT to air August 12 and 19
August 17: Raw to air August 17, SmackDown to air 21, along with 205/Main Event/Raw Talk
August 22: NXT TakeOver
August 23: SummerSlam

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dacap posted:

Ronda is a conventionally attractive white lady.

Or...

pressedbunny posted:

I loathe that there is absolutely no surprise here and everyone knows exactly what this means :cripes:

I do wish Dave, and all reporting around wrestling really, would be more explicit when covering lovely practises and ideas. Don't say "doesn't check his buttons", just say "he doesn't want to gently caress her and that's still the primary governing factor in WWE".

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"Vince couldnt grasp her style" because she wasn't bikini model enough for Kevin Dunn, I'm assuming

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

pressedbunny posted:

I do wish Dave, and all reporting around wrestling really, would be more explicit when covering lovely practises and ideas. Don't say "doesn't check his buttons", just say "he doesn't want to gently caress her and that's still the primary governing factor in WWE". We all know that's what he's talking about, so serving up the softened version just makes it read, to me, like a push to handwave it because "oh well, that Vince, huh :rolleyes:" Journalists should not be speaking in euphemisms, no matter how light.

You & I both know that Dave doing that will only end up with him putting his foot in his mouth & writing "Shayna isn't getting a push because she's not hot and has small boobs" or something similar, which will lead to the WWE locker room dunking on him for a month on Twitter. "Vince doesn't grasp her style" does just fine.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
which is worse: vince not using her because of her "style", or the implication certainly-understood that she could probably be back in the main event if she just got a shitload of work done

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i do wish he could be a little bit more overt but i otherwise do agree that it's fine how he wrote it. "vince doesn't grasp her style" lays things purely on the problem being with vince himself and not that there's any problem with shayna. because there isnt one

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Chris James 2 posted:

Taping schedule, per Post Wrestling:

Today: Raw to air July 6 and 13
July 15: NXT to air July 15 and 22
July 17: SmackDown to air July 17
July 19: Extreme Rules
July 20: Raw to air July 20 and 27
July 21: SmackDown to air July 24 and 31
July 29: NXT to air July 29 and August 5
August 3: Raw to air August 3 and 10
August 4: SmackDown to air August 7 and 14
August 12: NXT to air August 12 and 19
August 17: Raw to air August 17, SmackDown to air 21, along with 205/Main Event/Raw Talk
August 22: NXT TakeOver
August 23: SummerSlam

This is interesting because there's a whole lot that might change in FL over the next couple weeks regarding "the circumstances in the world" or whatever euphemism they're using to tap-dance around the plague that is going to overwhelm hospitals by then.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Paper Lion posted:

i do wish he could be a little bit more overt but i otherwise do agree that it's fine how he wrote it. "vince doesn't grasp her style" lays things purely on the problem being with vince himself and not that there's any problem with shayna. because there isnt one

From the man who pushed Brock Lesnar for a decade.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

skaboomizzy posted:

This is interesting because there's a whole lot that might change in FL over the next couple weeks regarding "the circumstances in the world" or whatever euphemism they're using to tap-dance around the plague that is going to overwhelm local medical facilities by then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really don't get the sense Desantis is ever gonna lock down the state or harden restrictions. Things could get nightmarish in Florida and maybe individual wrestlers would start to get scared, but I can't see the state shutting WWE (or AEW) down.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

pressedbunny posted:

And in case it's not clear, gently caress Vince McMahon. I despair to think of how many hundreds of quality wrestlers didn't get a chance because they sneezed at the wrong time or didn't have big enough tits.

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb and say that this is probably the reason Bianca disappeared from Raw as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So like who are the Heyman wrestlers who are gone now because "Vince doesn't see the appeal" or whatever?

Is it really all POC like Shayna, Bianca, and RIcochet? Who am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Aleister Black and Andrade? They look like Heyman favourites.