Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Metapod posted:

He's mad he hasn't been offered anything

He's mad that he's on a bad team and he's a me-first selfish and immature guy so he doesn't care who he shits on to get off that bad team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

He's handling the whole situation in the worst possible way.

The high Bills expectations lasted almost all offseason!!!!!

They'll get the wildcard instead

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I am aware that standard practice is thrown out the window when you openly talk about possibly trading your 24 year old star before the deadline. Obviously whatever was said behind closed doors was not enough show the team will be loyal to him

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

tarbrush posted:

I'm not sure he was going to get the $20m/yr he's after without being a bit of a poo poo about it.

20m for a SS is not a fair price. He's not getting it from anyone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Metapod posted:

I am aware that standard practice is thrown out the window when you openly talk about possibly trading your 24 year old star before the deadline. Obviously whatever was said behind closed doors was not enough show the team will be loyal to him

The jets did absolutely nothing wrong by having trade discussions about Adams. He's a loving baby.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The jets did absolutely nothing wrong by having trade discussions about Adams. He's a loving baby.

I cannot help you if you cannot understand that a 24 year old is going to take hearing from the media that his team is openly taking calls for him badly. The jets were wrong for that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

I cannot help you if you cannot understand that a 24 year old is going to take hearing from the media that his team is openly taking calls for him badly. The jets were wrong for that

He needs to act like a professional. There are trade rumors about tons of players all the time and most of them don't throw a fit about them.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Metapod posted:

The jets were wrong for that

lol, Joe Douglas asked for a 1st rounder and two 2nd rounders when teams called to ask about him

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Being a non-professional off the field doesn’t mean poo poo. This is the NFL.

It took Antonio Brown losing his loving mind to get kicked out. And there’s still talks about teams bringing him back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Woofer posted:

Being a non-professional off the field doesn’t mean poo poo. This is the NFL.

It took Antonio Brown losing his loving mind to get kicked out. And there’s still talks about teams bringing him back.

I mean it means to the extent that I as a jet fan, can call him an rear end in a top hat for it.

He also retweeted this moronic video saying that it's the media's fault that Adams is being a jackass...
https://twitter.com/AdamLefkoe/status/1277693034751287297

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 29, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He needs to act like a professional. There are trade rumors about tons of players all the time and most of them don't throw a fit about them.

Professor Funk posted:

lol, Joe Douglas asked for a 1st rounder and two 2nd rounders when teams called to ask about him

The issue is clearly he didn't know his name was being brought up at all and he wants to there. Then Douglas wasn't even willing to start talks about an extension. Trust was broken and it's 100% on the front office for this. They didn't have to have the trade rumors blasted everywhere but they were.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

The issue is clearly he didn't know his name was being brought up at all and he wants to there. Then Douglas wasn't even willing to start talks about an extension. Trust was broken and it's 100% on the front office for this. They didn't have to have the trade rumors blasted everywhere but they were.

No. It has nothing to do with the trade discussions. The jets have just been a bad team and he's tired of being on a bad team. Everything else is just spin.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mcmagic is right

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Anyway, I think the Pats are slight but comfortable favorites to win the division now. I think I'd still take the field because there are enough questions about Cam's health.

If Cam is actually truly healthy and back to how he was in 2017/early 2018, the Patriots are just clear, overwhelming, and obvious favorites to win this cursed division indefinitely.

LOL come on, I think there's a punchers chance Cam doesn't even make it through training camp with the Pats.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Buffalo luck mandates a return to peak form, sorry to say

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets are allowing season ticket holders to opt out of 2020 and either defer payments until 2021 or get a refund on this year and wait it out. That’s a no-brainer.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Internet Pats fans (not here) trying to talk themselves into thinking that Stidham was going to be the next Brady instead of like, I dunno, another Ryan Mallett, has been pretty funny.

SELFISH CAM NEWTON IS NOTHING NEXT TO STUDHAM is a hilariously pervasive take, even granting that Cam's joints might be made of crushed glass now, but of course it's real.

How much do we know about Cam's health?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets are allowing season ticket holders to opt out of 2020 and either defer payments until 2021 or get a refund on this year and wait it out. That’s a no-brainer.

Even without Covid, if given this choice I'd say gently caress it and skip this year. There's absolutely nothing to be excited about for this season.

Honestly, who cares what Adams tweets. He's either trolling to get traded, or legitimately happy for Newton. If I cared, I'd be more pissed about him driving around Dallas telling random Cowboy's fans he's trying to get traded to Dallas.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

How much do we know about Cam's health?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2822891-cam-newtons-health-means-panthers-wont-chase-new-qb-ron-rivera-says

From Feb 2019

quote:

"From what I've gotten in reports, Cam's progress has been very good," Rivera said. "He's been getting all his workouts in. Just knowing that gives you a little bit of confidence going forward."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/released-cam-newton-passes-physical-is-healthy-and-hungrier-than-ever-for-next-opportunity-per-report/

From March 2020

quote:

On Tuesday afternoon, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Newton underwent a physical in Atlanta on Monday which was coordinated by the Panthers and his agency team, and his shoulder and foot both checked out fine. Newton is "checking out well and he is hungrier than ever and eager for the next opportunity."

It's fine, don't worry about it at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cam is going to be miserable in Boston and the racist shitheads who root for the pats are going to hate him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thankfully Geno never had to suffer through that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The high Bills expectations lasted almost all offseason!!!!!

I will say they have the best skill position players in the division.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

that seems to get you 7 wins.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

mcmagic posted:

Cam is going to be miserable in Boston and the racist shitheads who root for the pats are going to hate him.

Yeah It's gonna be tough for him in Boston after working for an organization and in a state without a noted history of racism.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Here lies

Buffalo Bills AFCE Champions March, 20, 2020 - June, 28, 2020.

They never scored

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Buffalo luck mandates a return to peak form, sorry to say
And that's just the Buffalo luck! When you throw on the Jets and Dolphins luck, you get Cam Newton winning Comeback Player of the Year, at minimum.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1278323632272441349

This has to be Gase right? Flores makes sense, but I feel like Gase would take one look at Newton and not think he was a starting QB anymore.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

“Yeah I’ll comment but keep me anonymous”

“One of these three people said this!!!”

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Maybe it was Belichick!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I just watched this entire highlight for some reason, god bless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-aSC1SxMQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I just watched this entire highlight for some reason, god bless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-aSC1SxMQ

Another one in the long list of meaningless wins that did nothing to but hurt the Jets' draft position.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

Another one in the long list of meaningless wins that did nothing to but hurt the Jets' draft position.

So much winning, you'll get sick of it! :v:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Another in a long list of horrible offenses the Dolphins defense made look elite.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

syzpid posted:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1278323632272441349

This has to be Gase right? Flores makes sense, but I feel like Gase would take one look at Newton and not think he was a starting QB anymore.

flores makes more sense, i dunno that gase would be plugged in at all

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Why would gase need to know something to run his mouth about it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I could totally see BB cozying up to Gase and giving him inside baseball because he knows it doesn’t matter due to Gase being very lousy.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Declan MacManus posted:

flores makes more sense, i dunno that gase would be plugged in at all

I think in Gase's mind, with the short offseason/no offseason, you would rather go with Stidham cause "He knows the system" then Newton whose starting from scratch. It's a running theme with Gase.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i will not dispute that adam gase is a dumbshit who thinks he’s smarter than he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't quiiiite justify the investment myself but...

https://twitter.com/ryantalbotbills/status/1279075949343096833?s=21