Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Checked the circular, the cool grocery store with the butcher still is doing $4.99 a pound for NY strip if you buy the whole loin :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Costco doesnt carry good imitation crab only some asian markets do

You want OSAKI brand KANIKAMA FISH CAKE accept no substitute

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tired: half-sheet cake

Wired: fish cake

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Went to Costco this afternoon. Supplies are back to fairly close to normal. Even meat is mostly back in stock, albeit at slightly higher prices.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

how early does costco start doing poutines

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Azerban posted:

how early does costco start doing poutines

At open, I think.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Million dollar idea: Costco Food Court Breakfast

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

The one near me did donuts for a few months, but they didn't open any earlier than usual (or have them in the outdoor food court), so they got rid of them. They used the take & bake pizza boxes to hold them, so it was 16 large donuts.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

bird with big dick posted:

Went to church today and there were no less than three maskless people inside the holy of holies, defiling it.

They were doing a great job making sure people had masks as they went in. I was grabbing a cart when I heard the greeter say “Do you have a mask sir!?...well you do now!” and the dude did put it on, after he’d pushed his cart 15 yards into the store. Whoever hired this particular employee deserves a promotion because telling him to gently caress off would be equivalent to telling Santa to gently caress off, he was a super jovial chubby white haired boomer. Dead ringer for Brian Doyle-Murray tbh.

But I didn’t see anyone policing while inside the store.

Last time I was at Costco was 6-8 weeks ago and I didn’t see a single person without a mask. AND there wasn’t a statewide mask order then, but there is now.

Not good.

I think maybe they got rid of the three fresh meats per person signs but I didn’t really look because I didn’t need more than three fresh meats anyway. Meat prices are still way jacked for the good stuff though. I love me some steaks but I’m not paying 11.99/lb for NY strips when I can get pork chops for $3 a pound still. Pre covid you could get NY strip loins for $6 a pound but I haven’t seen one since February.

Do you think it would be an rear end in a top hat move to start cussing those people out?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ate a pep slice. It was really greasy again. I guess its from all the pep. Still no combo option, guess I'll go straight cheese next time

Degrease your Pizza, ulillillia style.

Here's a handy Tutorial

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

:stare:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

FCKGW posted:

A chicken bake but with bacon egg and cheese

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tim Whatley posted:

A chicken bake but with bacon egg and cheese

just say it man

breakfast burrito

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
A breakfast burrito with a 1.50 hot dog with free refill inside.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

Do you think it would be an rear end in a top hat move to start cussing those people out?

Not at all. I wanted to cuss them out but I also didn’t want to get close to them.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

The one near me did donuts for a few months, but they didn't open any earlier than usual (or have them in the outdoor food court), so they got rid of them

Costco Donuts. Ask for it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Here's a handy Tutorial

Now I want pizza

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

therobit posted:

If they're uncomfortably close or talking about the Sheeple yes. But any confrontation will spill over to the staff so you want to make sure they don't get caught up as collateral damage.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Here's a handy Tutorial

When we got pizza from the lovely grease pizza place in college, we would just flip the box over upside down and let the cardboard do the work.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FogHelmut posted:

When we got pizza from the lovely grease pizza place in college, we would just flip the box over upside down and let the cardboard do the work.

:aaa:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

Cussing at these people will just elicit a childish meltdown as a response. Its better to act like an adult (which they aren't doing), and them to grow up and show some respect for the other shoppers at the store, if they melt down, just walk away.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Went to the CostCo in the Chicago Burbs midday on Thursday hoping to avoid 4th of July Rush. The one in the city is a constant poo poo show so I didn't even try. They were busy, but less so than, say, pre-COVID weekend in the city busy.

I got my multi-packs of chicken breast, chicken thighs, and ground beef and a big ol' bag of mandu. Fillin' up my Corona freezer.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

EVG posted:

Went to the CostCo in the Chicago Burbs midday on Thursday hoping to avoid 4th of July Rush. The one in the city is a constant poo poo show so I didn't even try. They were busy, but less so than, say, pre-COVID weekend in the city busy.

I got my multi-packs of chicken breast, chicken thighs, and ground beef and a big ol' bag of mandu. Fillin' up my Corona freezer.

Don't put beer in the freezer. TIA.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

therobit posted:

You can put cans in but make sure you pull it out after like 30 minutes. Bottles probably not at all?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

You can put cans in but make sure you pull it out after like 30 minutes. Bottles probably not at all?

If I do it to get one cold fast I always put a 10 minute timer on. OR ELSE.

Also wrap it in a a wet paper towel you are welcome.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
We have a lovely freezer (we're bad churchgoers and live in a rental) so 30 minutes may be too long if you've got a chest freezer.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

therobit posted:

Those people are self centered and feel no shame. I've giving up caring about that stuff, there's nothing you can do but take care of yourself in those situations.
If they get ostracized by family and friends enough then maybe but some rando at Costco yelling at them will do jack poo poo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Suspect Bucket posted:

A breakfast burrito with a 1.50 hot dog with free refill inside.

$1.50 dog but it's a breakfast sausage link, the bun is a pancake and the refill is a coffee

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

$1.50 dog but it's a breakfast sausage link, the bun is a pancake and the refill is a coffee

Eggs in the onion dispenser and hell yes brother

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Those people are self centered and feel no shame. I've giving up caring about that stuff, there's nothing you can do but take care of yourself in those situations.
If they get ostracized by family and friends enough then maybe but some rando at Costco yelling at them will do jack poo poo.

A meltdown on video can get them fired/evicted a lot of times

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just point at them and go, 'hey look everyone this guy is more important than us. he's real important.' and walk away

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.popsci.com/fastest-way-to-chill-your-beer/

putting it in the freezer is the slow and perilous way to do it

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

therobit posted:

I have two chest freezers with temp controllers for fermenting and serving beer. The great corona sacrifice was turning one back into an actual freezer, and filling it with a Costco trip.

Good thing I could do that, but I miss the second keezer of beer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alarbus posted:

I have two chest freezers with temp controllers for fermenting and serving beer. The great corona sacrifice was turning one back into an actual freezer, and filling it with a Costco trip.

Good thing I could do that, but I miss the second keezer of beer.

Same. I'm going to need my chest freezer back soon so I can lager some Octoberfest beer.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 6, 2020

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Edit - oops double post

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

My zipfizz shipment is in. Hot dog!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

GORDON posted:

Same. I'm going to need my chest freezer back soon so I can later some Octoberfest beer.

I have a fermzilla, I'm going to try a big starter and ferment under pressure and see what happens! At least my basement is still 65. Swing by the homebrew thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437782

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Star5eed/status/1278780977792376835?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is what they mean when they say powerful boomer energy.