Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite dangerous flag man was a Singapore guy in ST who would just pick Akuma every time and shamelessly own you despite not actually being that technically impressive just because Akuma is insane and if you leave the game he talks poo poo for 10 minutes in the lobby and if you lose enough times in a row he calls you garbage and then talks poo poo for ten minutes in the lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

Wormskull posted:

My favorite dangerous flag man was a Singapore guy in ST who would just pick Akuma every time and shamelessly own you despite not actually being that technically impressive just because Akuma is insane and if you leave the game he talks poo poo for 10 minutes in the lobby and if you lose enough times in a row he calls you garbage and then talks poo poo for ten minutes in the lobby.

lmfao

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I just ordered a used copy of the new Samurai Shodown for 12 bucks. I know the netcode is crap and has a small player base but after playing SS2 on fightcade I think I'll have fun with the new one. I don't like most 2d fighters but I like the mechanics of samsho and how you can whiff punish for huge damage.

If anyone knows and tutorials for it that would be cool.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I played it a little bit when it came out, but the online lobbies were barely functional and missing super basic features. I don't know if they ever fixed anything in that regard. The actual game was fun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

had my first perfect disconnect in sfv and it felt good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id dont know why i bought tekken 7... its now the 7th tekken game ive played that i dont understand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken 7 is really loving fun but I've heard it starts to drag after 600 hours or so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also as a heads up to people who were gonna watch Evo this weekend some victims started coming forward last night and it turns out Mr Wizard is a pedo so please don't watch any streams or do anything that might make him money until he is completely removed from the org and under criminal investigation

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

drat, gonna have to miss out on all the amazing Them's Fightin' Herds and um *checks list* Skullgirls matches. gently caress.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Everyone is pulling out EVO now lmao

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

As they should.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

As they should.
:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rest in pieces Evo.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

IZI is the only tournament I recognize

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

IZI is the only tournament I recognize

too bad its run by a nazi that spends all day posting on kiwifarms doxxing the beautiful trans woman of c-spam

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Well poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Glad to see a new fighting game thread! Been a tough year for everyone, but I'm happy we at least have EVO to look forward to soon

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Evo put out a statement that Mr wizard is out of any involvement and Tony cannon is taking over as ceo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been made aware of allegations against my character. I want to say I'm sorry that you feel upset, and that I will absolutely be stepping away from the scene for 5 - 10 days to work on a better overlay.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

Contemplating the future of Injustice. Perhaps there's enough injustice in the world already.

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

yo!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Samurai shodown rules and is exactly the 2d game I was looking for. A fun game to play as a backup to tekken. It's essentially a discord fighter on xbox though which isn't great. During peak hours I can find matches ok but outside of that you gotta wait a while or look around. It's a bummer, I think the new samurai shodown wouldve been huge with proper netcode and crossplay, moreso than most new 2d titles. Anyways lets hope the Kiryu to tekken rumors are finally true this time.

e- oh yeah I got one DLC character. I got Wan Fu because he was cool in SS2. Slamming your head a against a stone pillar to get rage and throwing your weapon like a rocket is really fun. I might check out the other DLC later but nothing grabbed my interest yet.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 11, 2020

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Seltzer posted:

Samurai shodown rules and is exactly the 2d game I was looking for. A fun game to play as a backup to tekken. It's essentially a discord fighter on xbox though which isn't great. During peak hours I can find matches ok but outside of that you gotta wait a while or look around. It's a bummer, I think the new samurai shodown wouldve been huge with proper netcode and crossplay, moreso than most new 2d titles. Anyways lets hope the Kiryu to tekken rumors are finally true this time.

e- oh yeah I got one DLC character. I got Wan Fu because he was cool in SS2. Slamming your head a against a stone pillar to get rage and throwing your weapon like a rocket is really fun. I might check out the other DLC later but nothing grabbed my interest yet.

he has some nice crossup setups with the pillar throw move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved Kazuki in SSV so I would probably use him but I haven't taken the plunge on SS7

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

Contemplating the future of Injustice. Perhaps there's enough injustice in the world already.

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 12, 2020

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don’t know how to delete the attachment but whatever.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R is 3 dollars on steam and due to a recent patch has excellent netcode. If you have ever been curious about Guilty Gear now is the time to lose 50 games straight to 20 year veterans and then never launch it again.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I endured fightcade 3s against freak-core chileans and plutonis style pedo-adjacent brazillians who have been playing for over a decade while hooked up on craconha (crack cocaine cut up with favelan rat turds) i can take it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1359925044365979651

Thank You Capcom!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope that costs money.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
does sf5 not have random

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

you can just mash the analogue stick, god gamers are so lazy. and also now thee random fighter looks made of wax. that's cool. god drat these haters!

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
That's an enemy Stand

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Since this thread got bumped they're having an open beta for Guilty Gear Strive next week. All but two of the cast will be playable. I'm hype for Strive, even if there are some troubling design decisions.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't remember making these and I don't know where else to post them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

does sf5 not have random

i remembered the time I was playing dbzf against IT and he was way better than me so he said he'd go random.

i noticed there wasnt an option in the menu and asked where it was and he said "oh im just closing my eyes and holding the analog stick right for a while." had girl buu in his team every time somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I just used a random number website for the ST IZIs