Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

artsy fartsy posted:

Aw come on, that ND post is obviously satire.

Right?

My coworker chimed into a conversation about gun safety with "my nephew plays with my boyfriends guns all the time but the safety is on so it's okay"

So even if that one isn't people like that exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Just make samurai swords standard issue. Bonus points they double as male birth control.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Ferret King posted:

Just make samurai swords standard issue. Bonus points they double as male birth control.

I got laid more when I owned katanas.

As a note, I never actually talked about said swords unless directly asked, so there may be some nuance there

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the 2nd Amendment when you remove the "well regulated militia" part? :allears:

:thejoke:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Len posted:

My coworker chimed into a conversation about gun safety with "my nephew plays with my boyfriends guns all the time but the safety is on so it's okay"

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh nooooooooo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Subjunctive posted:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh nooooooooo

She also posted this on the Facebook

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Len posted:

One of the benefits of social distancing is that you're working from home so don't have to deal with her in person, right? RIGHT?! :ohdear:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

artsy fartsy posted:

Aw come on, that ND post is obviously satire.

Right?

That was my takeaway. I'm dumb though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

One of the benefits of social distancing is that you're working from home so don't have to deal with her in person, right? RIGHT?! :ohdear:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

She's on the other side of the cubicle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Acting like Bonnie and Clyde but you know the hardest they actually get is pouting about cheese.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Len posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

She's on the other side of the cubicle

I hope you've got your will written up. :smith:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Picnic Princess posted:

Acting like Bonnie and Clyde but you know the hardest they actually get is pouting about cheese.

Applicable to pretty much every Republican.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/news_translator/status/1279066858025635841?s=21

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Len posted:

I know it's probably the least dumb thing in the picture, but either they're both shooting with their not-dominant hand, or they're both wearing their watch on the wrong hand.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Len posted:

So even if that one isn't people like that exist

Call CPS on them, like now.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've let my kids hold guns before, and even took my oldest son to the range when he asked (pre COVID obv).

I want to avoid that whole "what is it about my forbidden closet of mystery" thing and also drill into their heads the basic and most important rule: A gun is always loaded. Especially when you KNOW it isn't. In the off chance that they ever find a gun in the wild I want them to have this poo poo be instinctual.

PS that's my son in my avatar, given to me by a mod in a thread about Iron Maiden some time ago. He turns 17 today. Happy Birthday, kid. o7

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

5TonsOfFlax posted:

I know it's probably the least dumb thing in the picture, but either they're both shooting with their not-dominant hand, or they're both wearing their watch on the wrong hand.

I'm glad someone else thought this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Literally anyone who hides behind the "it's fascinating" defense can get hosed with a pineapple. It really isn't difficult to be fascinated by dark aspects of history while keeping context in discussion.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Len posted:

All these motherfucker wanna live out some dipshit cowboy gunslinger vibe and not a one of them carries a Colt Peacemaker. It's always some ugly black plastic thing.
Poser rear end binches.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I get the impression that some of these dudes are miming those "operators" that walk around the middle east committing war crimes for private contractors.

To kill is the coolest possible thing. Those who have killed are pretty cool, but those who kill as a matter of course: those we must idolize and emulate.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

captainOrbital posted:

I get the impression that some of these dudes are miming those "operators" that walk around the middle east committing war crimes for private contractors.

To kill is the coolest possible thing. Those who have killed are pretty cool, but those who kill as a matter of course: those we must idolize and emulate.

That's america alright

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Biplane posted:

That's america alright

Are we any good in a vacuum or do we only have worth in comparison to other human beings? Can we feel like we have worth without being better than others? As much as america sucks and americans suck, there are a lot of people in general that haha isn't it ironic

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

captainOrbital posted:

I've let my kids hold guns before, and even took my oldest son to the range when he asked (pre COVID obv).

I want to avoid that whole "what is it about my forbidden closet of mystery" thing and also drill into their heads the basic and most important rule: A gun is always loaded. Especially when you KNOW it isn't. In the off chance that they ever find a gun in the wild I want them to have this poo poo be instinctual.

PS that's my son in my avatar, given to me by a mod in a thread about Iron Maiden some time ago. He turns 17 today. Happy Birthday, kid. o7
Yeah, that's what my dad did. He keeps his guns locked up and unloaded, and talked to each of us when we were old enough to understand, after checking the gun was unloaded. I don't use guns myself but it was an important talk in a house with them, even locked up.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, and obv I keep them locked, and the key is on my keyring that is on my person. I don't even think the kids know where i keep it but rule 2 or 3 should probably be like: always assume the kids know where the gun is and where the key to the gun is.

Derail tax:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

that "sheepdog" thing is a reference to American police training: https://www.policeone.com/police-products/training-products/articles/book-excerpt-on-sheep-wolves-and-sheepdogs-UmiU5ujhwNg3douX/

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Matt Yglesias is always an idiot on social media, but.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1279145583584989185

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/wheeloffreedom1/status/1255292549184532481

https://twitter.com/wheeloffreedom1/status/1264564203639189505

https://twitter.com/wheeloffreedom1/status/1275057917511819265

:yikes:

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

All these motherfucker wanna live out some dipshit cowboy gunslinger vibe and not a one of them carries a Colt Peacemaker. It's always some ugly black plastic thing.
Poser rear end binches.

Well it shoots as fast as lightning, but it loads a mite slow.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/user/wheeloffreedom

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Watch goes on the left wrist :colbert:
Best case scenario, the lady is left handed (and has bad taste in watches I guess) and the dude wears it on the wrong wrist for whatever reason

Or, and I just realized this, it's a way to put all items of conspicuous consumption in the same pic

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

I mean dunking on Terfs is one thing but schizophrenics...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

Remember when Uber murdered that woman in Arizona and their internal communications came out and they’re like “if no one is dying, we’re not innovating fast enough!”?

Same energy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/IntoTheHaystack/status/1278864854636531720

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh I would LOVE to see some numbers on THAT grift

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kirk: "I listed Elon Musk as my beneficiary. Did you?"

Homer: "I'm leaving my estate to my wife."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A few pages back, but for whatever reason cranks really love to cite Jaynes. It's a serious textbook and not at all cranky, but for whatever reason they're drawn to it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i'm donating all my money to S-gal when I die, someone who is not me. Click Here if you want to do the same.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Michael Tracey just not even bothering with the dogwhistles anymore

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
hahaha it sure would be awkward if someone dynamited a sacred mountain and carved it into figures despised by those who revered the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Michael Tracey just not even bothering with the dogwhistles anymore

naw lincoln can stay fdr can go up half way as a reminder that he was good but insanely xenophobic and the other spots get a waiting for more good presidents

Runcible Cat posted:

The Elon Musk of 1818.
big dog: built a fully functioning human out of random corpse parts

elon musk of 2020
little dog: cant even design a car something that has been solved with out loving it up.

snergle has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jul 4, 2020