Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

im gonna miss saying this to some degree but

tobi loving sucks and i still hate him

edit hlel yeah the tobi sucks snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

interesting move to pull the ol' "i'm sorry if i offended you" over sexual harassment allegations

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i turned away from secret/nigma for like 5 minutes when it looked like nigma had the upper hand/was pushing high ground and all of a sudden secret is up 17k

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

sugar free jazz posted:

im gonna miss saying this to some degree but

tobi loving sucks and i still hate him

edit hlel yeah the tobi sucks snipe

Can we get an "I am not a crook!" voiceline and Photoshop.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This new patch might not be good but it certainly is fun. Kills are worth an absolute poo poo-load of experience so you have to actually be careful now. I died once to a mid StormSpirit and my support died protecting me and he was three levels up on me from then on and just absolutely trounced the game, which, you know what? Good, that's how it should be. Also, I feel less bad when I've been running an absolute train on ranked with Riki mid, going like 20/3/20 every game

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I don't know if I'm dreaming but it seems like dying in a fight is punished extra hard now as well. Like if a core and a support go up against an enemy and the enemy kills the core but then the support kills the enemy it seems like the support is better equipped to be taking the lead in that lane for the next 5 minutes after that. (Disclosure: I'm very bad at dota.)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don't know if I'm dreaming but it seems like dying in a fight is punished extra hard now as well. Like if a core and a support go up against an enemy and the enemy kills the core but then the support kills the enemy it seems like the support is better equipped to be taking the lead in that lane for the next 5 minutes after that. (Disclosure: I'm very bad at dota.)

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This new patch might not be good but it certainly is fun. Kills are worth an absolute poo poo-load of experience so you have to actually be careful now. I died once to a mid StormSpirit and my support died protecting me and he was three levels up on me from then on and just absolutely trounced the game, which, you know what? Good, that's how it should be. Also, I feel less bad when I've been running an absolute train on ranked with Riki mid, going like 20/3/20 every game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Collector's cache is out and the cool Venge set didn't get in but the dumb Enchantress CM cosplay did :mad:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like the enchantress set, it's one of the few that isn't just utterly overworked, edgy garbage

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Heh, they gave Huskar a chainsaw

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

All cosmetics are bad

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Taffer posted:

All cosmetics are bad

I have no idea what you mean. They allow for very clear and unique curated looks.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

:whitewater:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Johnny Joestar posted:

i like the enchantress set, it's one of the few that isn't just utterly overworked, edgy garbage

it's literally just crystal maiden

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I posted that set and my friends all said "what did they do to CM's nose"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

IcePhoenix posted:

it's literally just crystal maiden

i'll take mountain goat person with blonde hair any day over huskar being timbersaw's large, adult failson or silencer looking like he was injection molded from a line of failed bloodborne action figures

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

all the sets out of this collector's cache are just Dota: Age of Apocalypse redesigns

at least i got aiushtha bimbofication out of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ambivalent posted:

all the sets out of this collector's cache are just Dota: Age of Apocalypse redesigns

at least i got aiushtha bimbofication out of it

:hmmyes:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Isn't more Bambification if it's a deer lady?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Zyori is back casting on BTS

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

rjmccall posted:

the ball sniffing, bloody bedsheet pictures, coerces women into sex guy? gross

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Isn't more Bambification if it's a deer lady?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

gently caress BTS

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

the ball sniffing, bloody bedsheet pictures, coerces women into sex guy? gross

Haha oh right he's the ball sniffer, I knew there was something I remember about him before he did this whole "can I tell people we had sex?" thing. loving gross BTS let him back on, but bros gonna bro.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
yeah dont think im going to watch any thing bts does any more

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

No didn't you guys hear? What Zyori did isn't as bad as what other people did so he's in the clear, I'm sure he's grown and learned a lot over the last couple hours and now he's ready to move on from his years of being a total weirdo

Seriously was there no single person that they could have gotten to cast who didn't have footage of them sniffing their own balls? NO ONE?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

maybe im weird but focusing on the ball sniffing stuff seems really dumb and lovely (it was already dumb and lovely) in light of like... everything else, no matter which side of 'zyori needs to leave the scene/zyori deserves a second chance' thing you're on.

e: like, if you think he should be gone forever, maybe tossing that in at the same time as 'pressured women and abused his position for sex' is kind of awful towards the victims and towards victims of similar situations

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

skdjlf IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ambivalent posted:

maybe im weird but focusing on the ball sniffing stuff seems really dumb and lovely (it was already dumb and lovely) in light of like... everything else, no matter which side of 'zyori needs to leave the scene/zyori deserves a second chance' thing you're on.

No, I mean at the time when he first got the job with BTS back in like 2013. The reason they're keeping him on now is because he's One Of The Boys and won't part ways unless absolutely forced, but it's just insane to me how even back then they would be willing to bring him in. That's what I meant by "was," but thats my fault for being unclear. If anything, I think that just goes to show how low BTS's standards of character evaluation have always been, which makes behavior like defending Grant for years make way more sense. Imagine seeing footage of that guy and thinking to yourself "I'm gonna pay that guy money to live in my house with me"

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No, I mean at the time when he first got the job with BTS back in like 2013. The reason they're keeping him on now is because he's One Of The Boys and won't part ways unless absolutely forced, but it's just insane to me how even back then they would be willing to bring him in. That's what I meant by "was," but thats my fault for being unclear. If anything, I think that just goes to show how low BTS's standards of character evaluation have always been, which makes behavior like defending Grant for years make way more sense. Imagine seeing footage of that guy and thinking to yourself "I'm gonna pay that guy money to live in my house with me"

turning 'left stream on while he scratched himself and sniffed' into like a moral judgment and a black mark against BTS is still really loving weird, i really don't get how that should have any impact on 'character evaluation'

is there some dynamic to that whole thing that I'm missing

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ambivalent posted:

is there some dynamic to that whole thing that I'm missing

It's not a moral thing, it's like, you're running a business, right? You need people to represent your business. So you've got this guy, who, essentially, is bringing in a ton of this associated baggage along with him, where now every time this guy is on stream representing your company you're having to auto-ban thousands of messages and links to the video. It just seems like an absolutely weird thing to sign yourself up for, and I think this kind of sets the precedent for BTS looking at people who have all this associated baggage with them and just sort of hand-wave it. Like, they knew about Grandgrant being in a lawsuit against Llama and brought them both in anyways and their reasoning was basically just "eh whatever." Forget about his NADota behaviour, that enough should have been a thing they thought about for maybe one second but they clearly didn't. There was even that one Summit not that long ago where they brought in prominent n-word-user Mason to join in and surprise surprise they got a ton of flak when the couch devolved into the guys making GBS threads on Tinder matches or whatever. The point here I guess is that BTS doesn't really seem to care about vetting or anything at all and is why I'm not surprised as to why they, now that all of this has come out, they just kind of don't really care enough to not let Zyori on the stream.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i mean, my whole point was that the sniff thing with zyori, while embarrassing for him, is actually entirely harmless and just kinda weird, and it would actually be messed up and kind of cruel if BTS refused to hire him because of THAT

its really dumb to try and draw some sort of through line from it to grant by saying 'ah, it was baggage'

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
its pretty insane to expect someone to not get hired because they did something embarrassing on stream once lol

not talking about anything else youre saying, bringing zyori back on is lame but ya thats pretty fuckin dumb

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

It’s funny and gross that he scratched his nuts and then sniffed his fingers on stream and making fun of him for that does not minimize his sexually predatory behavior

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Tbf, both Reinessa and Moxxi went on a 2h podcast with cap and leafeater to talk about those issues, and they specifically said Kips' and their aim was never to "cancel" Zyori but to highlight power dynamics and call him out on it, and after his reponse to it (disclaimer: I haven't watched that one myself) it was done and dusted to focus on the other big stuff that came out

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Are we just gonna ignore his gross rear end dreads, dude clearly had no real hygiene and stank like poo poo. I would absolutely not want to be around that person, definitely a solid reason to not hire them at all. Ballsniff was gross and clearly part of the same lack of hygiene. Lemme just scratch my stank rear end balls and put that hand back on my mouse lmao

Also from the story told about him he sounds really loving gross and coercive even if not outright rapey, that is not a person you should allow to continue working for you and representing your organization.

All that said, is there somewhere I can watch the games that BTS has been streaming that.... Isn't BTS? Cause I don't want to be a viewer of theirs after all this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ambivalent posted:

skdjlf IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

One of us just loves Enchanterss more I guess...

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I personally am just immediately switching streams whenever Zyori’s on; I have no interest in supporting him personally by watching his casts, but I’m not going to completely stop watching pro Dota, which is basically what boycotting BTS would require given their position.

This is made a hell of a lot easier by the fact that he’s not a tier-one caster. Like, today he was just casting some of the group stages for this weird Great American Rivalry tournament.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
simply wait for some eu casting to happen i guess. or watch poo poo in russian maybe? or just watch in client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t really enjoy watching DotA so much that I’d watch a lot of it without casters I could understand.

I was under the impression that BTS ran English-language production for most tournaments these days.