Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

31 sounds like an undercount if this is true:

https://twitter.com/Spreadapedia/status/1278425823372967936
https://twitter.com/FrancysRomero10/status/1278426441911238657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sounds like they aren't dodging poo poo!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

31 does seem extremely low just from what we've heard. My guess is that number is just like some double triple test and submitted to the secret list number or something.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Spiders was a great name and is a great name.

Would also accept Spiderland.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Atlanta White Flights

bees x1000 posted:

Spiders was a great name and is a great name.

Would also accept Spiderland.

Having “Spiderland” as a fan section is yet another major point in favor of this.

Hell, if Cleveland went Spider I’d make them my AL team, cursed legacy and all.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Drop the name and let me go back to unabashedly loving a childhood team (until they inevitably trade Frankie away and start tanking to cut costs).

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Spoeank posted:

The motherfucking spiders baby

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They keep Frankie on the team long enough to sell the new jerseys, then trade him.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Naps and Spiders are both fantastic names.

I want the Braves to change because I hate the tomahawk chop.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Sounds like they aren't dodging poo poo!
they're skilled at Dodging early 20th century street cars, that sneaky virus is just too small!

i could see buying a Lindor Spiders shirtsey if the logo is cool enough

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

spiders! Spiders! SPIDERS! S P I D E R S !!!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Feels good to get back into the cages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztyix0gOtH4

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Maddon is kind of a dingus but that full quote seems... good?

Also I will love him forever, warts and all

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I will forever back the Cleveland Rocks.

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I watched professional baseball on TV tonight. It felt nice even though there was no stadium mic?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Spiders is such a badass name for a team

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i hate spiders so i really hate that name. cleveland seems stuck on the idea they invented rock and roll or were part of the genesis so i imagine they go that route. the cleveland...rocks? i kind of love that?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Think of the branding! They could sell parking lot gravel at stadium prices! Just like in Houston they can exploit them trash cans because

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cleveland Butt Rocks

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

This is a lot of positive tests. Maybe MLB is patting itself on the back because they’re thinking better to get it during Spring Summer Training Camp?

And good that Cleveland is going to change the name. You’re next, Atlanta.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Spiders owns and it’s a perfect pairing because they already use a Spider-Man color scheme.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Cleveland Rocks is a really stupid name and the only way it's acceptable is if they adopt the color palette of 1980s-era Jem and the Holograms.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Any Wikipedia editors here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Major_League_Baseball_draft

some obvious misinformation / vandalism on this. Has Pedro getting drafted by the Rays and Beckham by the Pirates, their personal pages are affected too lol

I don’t have an account on there or I’d fix it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They're never going back to the Spiders. That name is cursed to hell.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The Rocks would kind of butt up against the Rockies, but we already have two Sox, so what do I know.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Cleveland SuperSonics

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Cleveland Yacht Rocks

Their mascot is Literally Steely Dan

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Bregor posted:

Cleveland Yacht Rocks

Their mascot is Literally Steely Dan

I, too, long to see a mechanized dildo as a mascot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nooooo my big boi is pure :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
With all the poo poo happening in this HellYear I had totally forgotten that Dusty was our manager until a news segment the other day showed him wearing a mask during practice, and all I could think was "there is definitely going to be a covid-related senior citizen manager/broadcaster/coach death this season".

Cancel the loving season, goddamn.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dusty with a custom mask featuring a toothpick hole.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm at least 50/50 on this season dying before Summer Camp is up, I think it's time to dust off OOTP.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
I didn't get to ask Chien-Ming Wang about hot dogs, but the game was fun as hell. Everyone does chants with hand motions (a different one for every home batter). They're led by a line of cheerleaders standing on the dugout. It's kind of amazing how involved everyone is considering, well, all the games are four hours long and the players are mostly mediocre or worse. Very family friendly (everything is hyper cute bc Asia) and generally a young crowd. Almost no drinking. The crowd is mostly superfans who have a great collective bond and know each other from coming to all the games. The only disappointing thing was that in the last couple years, the guys with the big drum and giant flag (chant leaders) have been replaced by a sound system drum. Anyway here's a picture of Chien-Ming Wang and Hong-Chih Kuo posing with a lion and an anthropomorphic fish head.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wang that poor motherfucker. A victim of lovely NL, DH-less baseball.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1279435934531026946?s=21

:ohdear:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Pete Kozma???

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Protect Freddie and cancel the loving season. This ain't worth it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I thought they weren't allowed to say who had it? The other disclosures have been from the players themselves...

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought they weren't allowed to say who had it? The other disclosures have been from the players themselves...

supposedly if they get added to the COVID list the players have the option of allowing the team to publicly release the info to raise awareness. At least thats what Snitker said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems like its up to the player to out themselves either directly or by giving consent. But like, there's no real motivation not to at least once the season gets going since if you go on the covid list and no one says the word everyone will just assume anyway and the only other options to explain a mysterious absence would be weird or worse stuff.

Right now my guess is players aren't actually being put on the list which I imagine is why there seems to be such a huge discrepancy in the numbers we're hearing reported and the number MLB is claiming. Or the process is a slow one from the first positive test to actually being re-tested and put on the list.