Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brown Paper Bag posted:

De Goey has been charged with sexual assault

Oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I always thought he looked like a rapey motherfucker

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So is it just me or is Ben Brown kinda loving useless if he's not being hit on the chest with the football? He's flailing around and flopping like a fish whenever the ball goes anywhere near him but he's accomplished absolutely loving nothing.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

So is it just me or is Ben Brown kinda loving useless if he's not being hit on the chest with the football? He's flailing around and flopping like a fish whenever the ball goes anywhere near him but he's accomplished absolutely loving nothing.

Yeah he’s useless except on a lead. Can’t take contested marks and just flops around looking for a free whenever he feels contact.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Lol at you losers watching sideshow bob when you could be watching Brisbane in full beast mode

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
port, lmao

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

One thing that seriously summed up Brown's game is that there was a marking contest in the Norf 50 where it was him against Cordy and Wood. He basically just ran at Cordy who was barely in the contest while Wood took an uncontested mark while Brown looked offended that he didn't get a free for being blocked.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol at you losers watching sideshow bob when you could be watching Brisbane in full beast mode

Oh I’m not watching north. Brown has been like this for a couple of years at least

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

the norf game is a bit of a bloodbath, multiple concussions, Cunnington is half dead and now Higgins is down too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bit disappointed that Brisbane let the pressure off and let Port make the score a bit more respectable tbh

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

the norf game is a bit of a bloodbath, multiple concussions, Cunnington is half dead and now Higgins is down too

Whoever picked Cunnington should lose their job. They were a man down from the start.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

Whoever picked Cunnington should lose their job. They were a man down from the start.

yeah i wasn't watching too closely but i heard the commentators sounding concerned from the outset

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Crows camp

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/inside-the-camp-that-brought-down-the-adelaide-crows-20200630-p557od.html

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Episodes of childhood trauma, relationships with partners and incidents of domestic abuse were among the subjects referenced as players tried to crawl across the mud.

In some cases, the information was so sensitive that players hadn't even shared it with their partners.

Players are certain sensitive information confided to club staff had been handed on to Woulfe and Leddie before the camp.

"There's no doubt that private and personal information was used without our consent," a player told The Sunday Age.

The club strongly denies this allegation.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well that's hosed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Badelaide

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Burton is a gullible fuckwit and always has been. Ex-players should never be allowed to run club, because they lack the brain power to do it. Dunstall is the exception, not the norm.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 5, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s like Elan school lite but for footballers who lost a game instead of troubled teens

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Adelaide Fremantle game is being shown live prime time in the US

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

That’s a shame

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Isn't it the 4th of July though? No one would be sober enough to care this late in the day.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

monolithburger posted:

Isn't it the 4th of July though? No one would be sober enough to care this late in the day.

It's probably been a fun game for first time watchers to view while drunk, at least

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Lord knows this year. But there aren’t other sports on right now, so it fills a gap.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Yay, we’re not the worst

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Looking forward to the same media suspects listing the Crouch brothers as best on for Adelaide because they got the most disposals

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Looking forward to the same media suspects listing the Crouch brothers as best on for Adelaide because they got the most disposals

The alternative would be making them actually watch the game and that’s some Collective Minds level mental abuse

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What the gently caress was that punch from Gawn

Thanknfuck it hit the post

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

So apparently if you grab the ball and immediately get tackled, but don't put enough effort into your fake punches at the ball to get it out, it's holding the ball.

Even when there is no chance to get it out.

Absolute loving joke.

I hate the people in charge of this game, they change rules and it's costs teams goals for one week, then the umpires will just flip back to the way they were before.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That’s how it was a few years ago

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I usually skip the Ch. 7 Pint Size Presser at half time, but the Max Gawn one just now was very very good. He is an extremely funny man.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Seriously reconsidering whether I have the stomach to inflict inter generational trauma on my son via supporting the Melbourne football club

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m basically running a Hawthorn cult for my children and I feel extremely good about it

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

New interpretation is good, football's been a lot less poo poo this weekend

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Seriously reconsidering whether I have the stomach to inflict inter generational trauma on my son via supporting the Melbourne football club

As a Fremantle supporter living in Victoria I’m having the same internal conflict with my two sons

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
The Crows are genuinely unwatchable this year. I kept turning it on and then switching it off thirty seconds later. I'm strangely relieved that we've hit rock bottom, but I have no expectations that we'll be rising back up again any time soon.

realbez posted:

I’m basically running a Hawthorn cult for my children and I feel extremely good about it

Thank goodness my two children are girls, so at least I can feel good about indoctrinating them into supporting the Crows AFLW side :3:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

The "best" section for Adelaide should just be a black void that disintegrates the newspaper of anyone who reads it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

The "best" section for Adelaide should just be a black void that disintegrates the newspaper of anyone who reads it.

Nah, just have it as Betts, Cameron, Dangerfield, Greenwood, McGovern and Keath each week

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like Bernie Vince’s best 22 of players who have left the crows. Especially the captain

B: Alex Keath, Phil Davis, Jake Lever

HB: Martin Mattner, Nathan Bock, Bernie Vince (c)

C: Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, Ricky Henderson

HF: Josh Jenkins, Mitch McGovern, Jack Gunston

F: Eddie Betts, Kurt Tippett, Charlie Cameron

R: Sam Jacobs, Hugh Greenwood, Jarryd Lyons

IC: Ivan Maric, Matthew Wright, Shaun McKernan, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That’s a pretty solid team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn