Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
What's the go with this hydroxyquinone study that claims it reduces the chance of death: https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR0o7U8NZBEic2k-KLNRks5t7gCSLqZMrvTM_VGBE48ZaOGrB2RLLCpfBhE

I'm not totally across a lot of their terminology but it seems like they've got to patients earlier with it and taken steps to manage the heart problems it causes

Not peer reviewed of course at this stage

gay picnic defence has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Jul 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

was that the study someone in this thread pointed out had 75% of the medicated group also on steroids that have some effectiveness in improving outcomes? too lazy to verify it myself

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Yes, good pickup:

quote:

Adjunct therapy with corticosteroids (methylprednisolone and/or prednisone) and anti-IL-6 tocilizumab was provided in 68% and 4.5% of patients, respectively.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

smarxist posted:

i want some kind of pre-memorial for those who will die to save our economy, like "you. you're listening to this message now, and you've been selected to die to keep our nation strong, and we salute you."

quote:

This disaster will have been preventable. All of the warning signs are here now. Yet no one will have done anything about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjfrJzdx7DA

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That is the perfect video for this summer

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My wife and I were gonna go on a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary a week from now but cancelled when things got bad in March. Then when things got significantly better we figured maybe a small restaurant would be okay by mid July, our first restaurant since early March, but of course it's in the area that's now locked down. We had already cancelled that plan too but interesting that the rona gods would've made that decision for us.

Now we aren't doing anything for that and our two 40th birthdays. Picked a good year for several life milestones I'll tell ya whut.

Get ripped on bong hits and bourbon and howl loudly at night until all the neighborhood dogs join in

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Here's what Melbourne's case chart looks like now, sorry for lovely tv shot

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Here's what Melbourne's case chart looks like now, sorry for lovely tv shot

im the aquarium filled with covid in the background

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

oxsnard posted:

it sucks that so many people will die or be maimed but I remain cautiously optimistic that the universal social safety net we've needed for centuries will be traced back to this exact moment in time. I think the powers that be cave in the next few months and Americans get a taste of something they then refuse to give up.

source you're quotes

mystes
May 31, 2006

sincx posted:

this election is kellyanne vs kellyanne's husband
With a surprise appearance by kellyanne's daughter.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

covid is Bad,,

delete

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lmao, trump did the thing from the meme IRL

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

snake and bake has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Dec 7, 2020

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zoos are probably going to be okay dude

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm okay as long as all the Japanese zoos with capybaras are okay

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The big zoo in Melbourne is literally right next to the cluster of social housing towers that just got locked down. They're hosed. Really nice zoo too, by zoo standards.

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Dec 7, 2020

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

BattleMaster posted:

I'm okay as long as all the Japanese zoos with capybaras are okay

Protect Nagasaki Bio-Park

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

btw I know I'm probably boring people with all my Melbourne talk but it's a good peak into the future if/when the US ever gets control of the virus. It's literally eradicated everywhere else in Australia and we just can't kick it after security guards caught it in our mandatory quarantine hotels for international travellers. Even when most people go back to normal (legitimately this time, not out of denial) there will still be fires to stamp out for years.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Solarin posted:

zoos are probably going to be okay dude

Oh, ok.

Thanks for weighing in with your expert opinion, it was very thought-provoking

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
US Makes Preparations For Final 4th Of July

quote:

AMERICAN citizens are gearing up for the 244th and final celebration of the 1776 signing of the Declaration of Independence, with all 50 states determined to ‘make it one for the history books’ for whoever is still alive in 2021.

Marking 131,000 people dead so far since the outbreak began, US citizens will also mark one of the highest rate of infections in the world with some really neat fireworks, brass bands and crowded celebrations to ensure everyone doesn’t feel like their dead relatives died for nothing.

Families who planned on cancelling their traditional barbecues and get-togethers in a bid to stall soaring infection rates have instead followed President Donald Trump’s advice that everything is ‘probably okay’, with the leader of the free world suggesting to use the ashes of the Covid dead in the fireworks as a mark of respect.

“It’s what mama would have wanted,” explained Trump supporter Karl Peterson, stuffing the cremated remains of his recently deceased mother into a giant firework, before openly sneezing from the dust. “We’re gonna send her to the stars tonight… yeee haaaaw!”

Although the majority of Americans are unsure how the nation got to be in such an unrepairable state, President Trump has assured them that it probably has something to do with that disrespectful Colin Kaepernick son of a bitch, George Floyd, Hillary Clinton or whoever the President doesn’t like this week, but definitely not the man in charge, not Donald.

:911:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

snake and bake posted:

Oh, ok.

Thanks for weighing in with your expert opinion, it was very thought-provoking

just a zoo bro

and yeah obviously I have no fuckin idea

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol so would i. Literally anyone would have handled it better

I honestly think a bot programmed to make random decisions would've handled it better

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm so loving broke brained right now I'm tempted to take a little sip from the rectal tube of this covid positive patient just to get it the gently caress over with since it is beyond clear that everyone gave up and no further attempts to combat covid will be made.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

hey now, those 132,112 americans were no angel

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This is no time for decorum or half measures

The zoos should say that if their budgetary needs are not being met within 24 hours they will release all the large predators in the most affluent neighborhood in the city

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

there were people in march talking about how many holocausts COVID would equal and at least one person napkin-mathed out a third of the world dying. so no.

this thread is simultaneously a great source for coronavirus info and also chock full of people teetering on the edge of a breakdown at all times

i predicted the virus has a secondary infection 12 months later that is 100% lethal. the world population will decrease by 99% after our attempt at "herd immunity" (i read a lot of plague books, its my genre i like it :colbert:)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

This is no time for decorum or half measures

The zoos should say that if their budgetary needs are not being met within 24 hours they will release all the large predators in the most affluent neighborhood in the city

huh, so cops can lockdown the city and people can't go out and protest? sounds like these zoo animals are cops.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I love this walkback because at the time people were screaming about rapid and incredible spread in the southern hemisphere where it was summer at the time and just...nobody paid attention or even thought about it

just a nation of people who obsessively and pathologically just invent something that makes them feel comfortable and then refuses to examine or alter it in any way

Didnt Navarro want to fist fight the head of NIH or something yhis spring cuz they were warning about covid

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

snake and bake posted:

My birthday was back in April, while my state (Florida) was actually still fully locked down, so I just baked myself chocolate chip cookies.

I wanted to visit the Brevard Zoo for my birthday. They had some really cool poo poo, like hand-feeding lemurs and kayak rides through the rhino exhibit. I had been planning this for well over a year because last year I was too busy/broke from moving to celebrate.

Now, I think I've missed my chance forever.

Zoos are about to become a relic of the past.

The Berlin Zoo survived.

Yours will, too.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1279386825858007040?s=20

these people will come up with anything

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

So he's spinning the fact that people who are tested purely out of precaution (rather than them having been in contact or showing symptoms) coming back positive in large numbers as a positive thing?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Griefor posted:

So he's spinning the fact that people who are tested purely out of precaution (rather than them having been in contact or showing symptoms) coming back positive in large numbers as a positive thing?

yes see that means everybody already has it and the 130,000+ dead is super tiny and actually a huge success for the fascist us govt

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Griefor posted:

lol yeah he’s saying “actually its not people who are sick its people required to be tested to be in a hospital.” which is hilarious bc apparently in his head there are 50k elective surgeries a day.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

it's just fuckin rad how the enormous death toll has been fully accepted and not worth mentioning to right wing psychotic mother fuckers. truly couldn't be avoided and is actually super fine

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Griefor posted:

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1279391388996698112

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

yes see that means everybody already has it and the 130,000+ dead is super tiny and actually a huge success for the fascist us govt

lol if you think thats the actual death count

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

it's just fuckin rad how the enormous death toll has been fully accepted and not worth mentioning to right wing psychotic mother fuckers. truly couldn't be avoided and is actually super fine

i remember the world freaked out when a few hundred people died in italy in one day. lol thousands died every day now and no one cares. we are over half a million dead and people are acting less cautious than ever

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

i remember the world freaked out when a few hundred people died in italy in one day. lol thousands died every day now and no one cares. we are over half a million dead and people are acting less cautious than ever

ignoring the virus has been made into a us presidential campaign issue lmao

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

when turmp took office people were worried hot war with iran or china would be the end of the world (and they might still be) but who had 'relatively preventable pandemic' on their bingo card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the most amazing thing is trump has so fully tapped into the culture war zeitgeist that 40% of the country refuses to abandon him. even bush dipped in the 20s.