Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

imagine trying to gaslight somebody because you didn't like what they said about a videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah, I see the problem, you're dumb as hell.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m about to get a secondary laptop alongside my PC. Is there a quick TLDR about running the same steam account on two machines? I’m guessing I can’t play the same game at the same time but can I play two different games at the same time? Do I turn on offline mode?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if other people were lucky enough not to experience any of that then good for them

no amount of git guds or ackchyuallys will change that my own experience with Control was of a fundamentally broken mess

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m about to get a secondary laptop alongside my PC. Is there a quick TLDR about running the same steam account on two machines? I’m guessing I can’t play the same game at the same time but can I play two different games at the same time? Do I turn on offline mode?
You can have Steam running on two devices or more. It will tell you what games you have installed on the others and you can optionally stream them through Steam Remote instead of playing locally. Depending on how fast your local network is, this can range from playable to a slideshow. You cannot play games on two devices at the same time while online, but you can while one of them is in offline mode. You can make a secondary account and family share your primary account with it to play games you otherwise couldn't play on two different devices. This way, you can even play some multiplayer games with only one purchase. To do that, you have to log in both accounts on the same device and then enable the secondary account for Family Sharing from your primary account - on the same device, otherwise it doesn't work.

This should be pretty much all the basics you need to know about.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cardiovorax posted:

Parkitect is supposed to be really excellent, although I haven't had the chance to buy and try it yet. It's a Theme Park/Rollercoaster Tycoon style game. Planet Zoo is purportedly a real disaster where you can't get new animals because the online market is an extortionate racket and even what few rare animals you can buy are almost guaranteed to be stunted, sterile runts so that you can't take the sellers' income from them. I would really read up on that carefully if you intend to buy it, the whole sounds like a horrible trainwreck from start to finish.

Omi no Kami posted:

...oh my god, you're telling me they made a Tiger King tycoon game? That's the most amazing loving thing I've ever heard. (Not really, and I'm definitely looking into that and avoiding if true, but wow that's great synchronicity with real life.)

The issue with the animal market in Planet Zoo is only in the Franchise mode, where you elect to compete against other players.

It doesn't effect Career, Sandbox, or Challenge modes.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

exquisite tea posted:

Control is definitely the easiest game I've ever played that some people seem to have tremendous difficulty with. And it's not like there's some secret mechanical knowledge you need to have either, you can beat every encounter by... moving around and using all your abilities.

i gave up on the safe because that obstacle course is really hard and i feel like a clod for buying it on ps4 since I can't aim a drat gun with a controller lol

will probably double dip it later because it's cool and looks fun and maybe if it's on pc on a store that isn't garbage it'll be a bit more playable at least

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Hwurmp posted:

if other people were lucky enough not to experience any of that then good for them

no amount of git guds or ackchyuallys will change that my own experience with Control was of a fundamentally broken mess

so your problem with Control was that it too realistic? :v:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Stickman posted:

Fanantical has some decent pick-and-mix bundles going on right now, too:

Highlights:
Strategy Bundle (3 for $3, 5 for $4, 7 for $5):
King of Dragon Pass
Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows
Space Rangers HD

Lockdown Bundle 2 (1 for $1, 5 for $3, 10 for $5):
Detention
Pathologic Classic

Platinum Collection (3 for $10):
Undead Horde
Sigma Theory
Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

RPG Bundle (3-$3, 5-$4, 7-$5):
Most of the King's Bounty series
Hard West
Rebel Galaxy
Unexplored

There's a lot of good stuff, the Strategy Bundle looks legit. Does Space Rangers HD still hold up?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
King of Dragon Pass is worth the money all by itself.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Omi no Kami posted:

Also I feel dumb asking this, but is Railway Empires a good game? I've seen so many train games that I assume they're all awful by default, but I'm also jones-ing for openttd-ish logistics games.

RWE came free with my graphics card back in the day, and I only played about 5 hours so :shrug:
You start on an empty map with small towns, farms, lumber camps etc and you have to connect them in creative ways by RR track. If you wanna do it efficiently, it gets real complicated real fast since tracks are very.. inflexible to layout.
One can also invest in town buildings like breweries directly, instead of letting them grow (or not) by themselves. Later on there are supposed to be competing AI companies and a stock market, but I didn't get that far sadly.
And a mandatory tech tree of course that is timegating new locomotives and various bonuses.

Is it good? If you enjoy choo choos and laying out tracks with quite a bit of foresight, yeah. The devs are trying really hard and are still pumping DLC/bugfixes.
Fortunately it's in the current humble monthly, so you can paypal a key for the price of a coffee on /steamgameswap or /indiegameswap. Mind the region lock though.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 4, 2020

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I didn't like Control either, I got bored of using magic jedi powers to find a fifth 1% to aim shake reduction item next to a redacted memo about a spooky rubber ducky or whatever. Great art direction, would play a Hitman level set in the spooky building, did not care for the actual game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Heads up, if you got the Humble Choice for June 2020 there's a free steam key tucked into the extras for a game called Boundless. I don't know if it's any good but that's a +1 to games owned.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Anyone play Ultimate General: Civil War? How is it?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You'll probably get a statue regardless of your performance.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

SelenicMartian posted:

You'll probably get a statue regardless of your performance.

:negative:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PlushCow posted:

Anyone play Ultimate General: Civil War? How is it?
Its exactly what it says on the tin. Its a grognard Civil War game in Total War clothes. I don't have the authority to call it a perfect sim of the period's tactics but its really good at it.

The campaign is divisive. Its dynamic except when it isn't, and resupplying/re-ratioing your army is kind of rote. You can death spiral really easy by losing veterans which is on point for the history but makes it feel bad. A lot of people recommend Ultimate General Gettysburg instead because its a more focused tactical only game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
If gamers weren't such bipolar consumers, they'd be able to admit that Control can be good despite its several design flaws, which have gently caress all to do with difficulty. It's on the same level as Rockstar's inanity that gets derided in every thread their games are brought up, but since you can either have a flawless masterpiece or irredeemable garbage, it'll get buried by the white noise hivemind.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody likes a centrist.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yes I know the game is literally about a white noise hive mind you don’t have to keep reminding me

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
People are much more bothered by good effort wasted on something that is poo poo than they are by something that is nothing but poo poo. It should be easy to understand why.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tezzeract posted:

There's a lot of good stuff, the Strategy Bundle looks legit. Does Space Rangers HD still hold up?

I last played it a couple years ago I think but it was fun then! Not sure how it handles giant resolutions or anything though.

Have fun becoming president, running a ski resort, or winning battle of the bands! In space.

e: Hmm it's Space Rangers 2 I'm thinking of, can't guarantee ski resorts

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

e: Hmm it's Space Rangers 2 I'm thinking of, can't guarantee ski resorts
Same game. Space Rangers HD is actually SR2 with some updates.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samuringa posted:

If gamers weren't such bipolar consumers, they'd be able to admit that Control can be good despite its several design flaws, which have gently caress all to do with difficulty. It's on the same level as Rockstar's inanity that gets derided in every thread their games are brought up, but since you can either have a flawless masterpiece or irredeemable garbage, it'll get buried by the white noise hivemind.

Control has a bunch of design flaws and its difficulty is in fact one of them, most of what Hwurmp said is provably incorrect and that's why people are dunking on them.

Control has problems with its combat design; most enemies have A Solution and encounters are frequently set up to prevent you from executing that solution without someone or something making it a pain in the rear end. Which most of the time I would laud as good encounter design but in Control it means you jam Throw a whole lot and run around blasting the same six enemies in increasing numbers and health bars. I liked playing Control all the way through it but in the same way that I liked Witcher 3's combat I'm not gonna go to the mat for it if it's someone's sticking point.

Control has problems with its metasystems; Hwurmp is absolutely correct that the RNG on upgrades serves exactly no purpose and the game would be better without it. Its check pointing is garbage, not - perhaps ironically given your bit - as bad as Rockstar but getting far too close for any kind of gameplay comfort.

As for its difficulty, Control has two distinct cliffs, one about 85% through the game and one that comes with the finalish boss. Even people that really like the game frequently comment about how ridiculous That fight is and how bad it exposed the check pointing to be. It's not great!

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
There is a boss that you fight while standing on a platform in a void. You have to look up to fight it because it's so huge, and the boss slams holes into the platform. If you die you start from the beginning.
Another boss wants you to do some platforming around the pit it floats in, so you can shoot it's weak spot. If you do that, it's quite hard and you probably die a lot apparently. You don't really have to do that, though. You can just stand at the start and throw poo poo at it/shoot it with the piercing weapons until it dies.
The mushroom cavern is open way earlier than you are expected to go there, frustrating many people who didn't expect that.
Upgrade and inventory stuff was needless and dumb.
Playing with a controller might be harder than m+kb? It sure would be for me, at least.

Everything else is pretty good, though!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

HopperUK posted:

I last played it a couple years ago I think but it was fun then! Not sure how it handles giant resolutions or anything though.
The in-game settings tell me it goes up to 1080p, but it might just put that as the maximum because my screen won't go any higher.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

NikkolasKing posted:

It's interesting to have a character with such a strong personality. I actively avoid running over people and even stealing that many cars because Niko wouldn't really do that. I understand this was a big criticism of the game for some, an incongruity between the story and gameplay. But it seems to me that GTA ceded the 'just gently caress around and be a psychopath" ground to Saints Row a long time ago. They can't compete in that area so this was a pretty wise move on their part to take a more serious approach in the narrative.

I remember there are strangers you can just encounter on the stret to get dialogue or quests but not sure how you find them. Just drive around and maybe they show up on the radar?

Yeah you get a little person icon on the radar - they approach you if you walk near them, but you have to be walking near them eh, so the radar helps. I think they show up at particular times of day too

On the strong personality thing though... I mean yeah definitely, but also by the end I felt like Nico would shank a random stranger on the street if someone gave him $5 to do it. "I'm just doing what I need to do to survive" *owns multiple prestige properties in Not New York*

some of those street encounters are uh... let's just say extremely dark and disappointing with how Nico just goes along with them (like if you're hoping for some catharsis, it doesn't happen and it's more about your own personal choice to do the missions)

also you might wanna try turning the radar off, I did that and it forces you to actually look at the city around you instead of looking at a line in the corner, you appreciate the whole thing a lot more! It's more effort and you need to turn it on for some missions, but if you're enjoying yourself give it a spin and see if it adds to the experience

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
GPS is definitely a problem. GPS became common because people complained about having to learn how to traverse the map in open world games, but the reality is that gaining mastery of the world is one of the best aspects of them. The ubiquity of arrows and lines showing you where to go has done a lot to eliminate the point of open-worldness. In GTA IV and most other modern open world games, the average player will not really gain any understanding of the map, because they will just drive the same few ways the GPS always routes you to. If you want to throw those type of things in as accessibility options, fine, but the default/standard in open world games should be no to minimal direction. Let the player explore and find their own way around, or do a linear game. If as a player you go out of your way to force yourself to do this, if you actively seek ways to not do what the navigation asks of you, these games tend to be a lot more fun.

It's a shame that open world as a game design concept is still so poorly understood this long into its existence, but I do think things are slowly improving and that we'll eventually see more games where learning the world and navigating are actually fun, rather than traversal being a mindless thing we seek to skip in order to reach the next linear setpiece. Part of that will probably come along with more designers realizing that bigger isn't necessarily better, and that there is a specific scale and density that is going to be ideal for any given game.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

zedprime posted:

Its exactly what it says on the tin. Its a grognard Civil War game in Total War clothes. I don't have the authority to call it a perfect sim of the period's tactics but its really good at it.

The campaign is divisive. Its dynamic except when it isn't, and resupplying/re-ratioing your army is kind of rote. You can death spiral really easy by losing veterans which is on point for the history but makes it feel bad. A lot of people recommend Ultimate General Gettysburg instead because its a more focused tactical only game.

Thanks. I have UG Gettysburg from a bundle I think ages ago, wasn't my cup of tea when I got it but since then I really got into Total War. Civil War's UI looked better/more familiar, but I'll give Gettysburg a go and see how I like it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

K8.0 posted:

GPS is definitely a problem. GPS became common because people complained about having to learn how to traverse the map in open world games, but the reality is that gaining mastery of the world is one of the best aspects of them. The ubiquity of arrows and lines showing you where to go has done a lot to eliminate the point of open-worldness. In GTA IV and most other modern open world games, the average player will not really gain any understanding of the map, because they will just drive the same few ways the GPS always routes you to. If you want to throw those type of things in as accessibility options, fine, but the default/standard in open world games should be no to minimal direction. Let the player explore and find their own way around, or do a linear game. If as a player you go out of your way to force yourself to do this, if you actively seek ways to not do what the navigation asks of you, these games tend to be a lot more fun.

It's a shame that open world as a game design concept is still so poorly understood this long into its existence, but I do think things are slowly improving and that we'll eventually see more games where learning the world and navigating are actually fun, rather than traversal being a mindless thing we seek to skip in order to reach the next linear setpiece. Part of that will probably come along with more designers realizing that bigger isn't necessarily better, and that there is a specific scale and density that is going to be ideal for any given game.

This is right on point. One of my favorite gaming memories was of guiding myself through the landmarks and road maps (occasionaly napkin doodle maps) in Interstate '76. Definitely the only one game where I bothered to pay any attention to road signs. It gave the whole thing a real sense of place despite the simple map layouts and limited graphics of the era.

I mentioned exploration in games a few posts earlier, but I'd say the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, Subnautica and Rain World are all more recent examples of of nailing that feeling of actual exploration and learning to navigate a game world.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I think people like to forget that the reason in-game GPS became a thing is because people hated getting constantly lost and getting stuck in dead-ends that the minimap didn't show before you were already halfway into them more than they liked exploring the scenery.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

K8.0 posted:

Also known as why ever Elder Scrolls game after Morrowind is poo poo. They expect you to interact with a set of discrete locations as opposed to the area as a whole.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Finding dungeons in Morrowind was exciting. In Oblivion and Skyrim it's a checklist.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cardiovorax posted:

I think people like to forget that the reason in-game GPS became a thing is because people hated getting constantly lost and getting stuck in dead-ends that the minimap didn't show before you were already halfway into them more than they liked exploring the scenery.

I played Subnautica last year, pretty sure I didn't forget how it felt to get lost there. Still worth it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Also known as why ever Elder Scrolls game after Morrowind is poo poo. They expect you to interact with a set of discrete locations as opposed to the area as a whole.

Baller Time posted:

Finding dungeons in Morrowind was exciting. In Oblivion and Skyrim it's a checklist.

Morrowind didn't have a PoI compass but let's not pretend that Morrowind, for all that it is better than its successors, is not the exact same map design of PoIs and static quests. Yes finding them yourself adds something to it but c'mon.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I'm gonna go down my list and see if I can find older or less known stuff to recommend for cheap.

Creepy Castle ($2.49) - Exploration-based platformer with RPG-esque combat encounters, made to look like a Spectrum game. Cute aesthetic and you get to play across the campaigns of multiple characters. The first one you play as is a moth. NGL the basic gameplay is pretty rote, but I think the characters and story carry it. Just don't turn on the graphical filters if you value your eyes.
Cargo Commander ($0.49) - I think I was originally introduced to this via Steam threads actually, but it's fallen into obscurity. Be a space salvager, platform between random assortments of cargo pods that smash haphazardly into each other and contain incongruous gravity, loot what you can, and get the hell out before your time expires and a wormhole sucks you in with the rest of the scrap. Inhabits a similar camp to Heat Signature and Void Bastards in that it can get repetitive fast, but if the core gameplay loop clicks, it can really click. PS: Requires an online connection to avoid having to play a horribly gimped version of the game.
Rise To Ruins ($7.49) - Sort of like Populous meets contemporary town sims but also Tower Defense, with a pretty heavy layer of "you're going to loving die" difficulty (it was originally designed to be an endurance run with no way to win). Has some really endearing pixel particle effects and you get to wave your Hand of God around and pick up/drop off villagers, go rooting in the wilds for keys to unlock mysterious loot chests that sometimes show up, cast small miracles to regrow resources, summon worker golems, or cast largely ineffectual offensive spells when the sweeping horde of corruption monsters mercilessly assaults your settlement in the dead of night and half of them just go through your loving walls because they're ghosts and this game wants to hurt you emotionally.
Shatter ($0.99) - IMO tied with BreakQuest for best Breakout clones ever made. Costs 10 cents extra to get it with the OST. You'll want the OST.
Turbo Dismount ($0.99) - Anyone remember Truck Dismount or Stair Dismount? Anyway, send a dude hurtling into the lower stratosphere or oncoming traffic, try to get a high score for most bones broken, and save gifs of the best mishaps. It's largely just playing with RNG until something interesting happens and you can't save proper replays for some reason, but fun for a buck.
Hand Simulator ($0.99) - Obviously streamer bait, but it's like if Surgeon Simulator were multiplayer, made by Russians, and got a bunch of stupid, crazy, and glitchy PvP modes. They've added several new modes in the time it's been out (although they also removed a couple for unclear reasons), and if you have a couple friends who might be up for some janky fumblecore it can occupy an afternoon or three.
Ibb & Obb ($3.49 for the 2-pack) - 2-player-only co-op puzzle platformer. Good length, generally great puzzles, works locally or online. Has some optional challenges.
Remnants of Naezith ($4.99) - Meat Boy had a baby with Bionic Commando and it looooooves to speedrun. loving amazing game with brilliant online integration for rank-chasing, watching and racing against ghosts, etc.
Nimbus ($1.99) - Control your inertia and use bounce pads, cannons, and whatever else is at hand to glide past the hazards to the goal as quick as you can. It's like a... solo puzzle racing game? Pretty unique.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages ($0.99) - Stage-based space shooter that involves more than just shooting and spends ~4 hours stringing you along thinking it's a relatively standard affair before whaBAM, what was already a pretty extensive set of mechanics explodes into a lot more mechanics and customizability and suddenly you're in a sort-of open world and idk it's insane. The store page claims the full campaign lasts 30 hours, and I believe it. One sticking point seems to be the controls; I adapted to them quickly enough, but some people don't. You need to exercise some restraint or you're constantly going to be flailing around like a madman, fighting your own inertia.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Morrowind didn't have a PoI compass but let's not pretend that Morrowind, for all that it is better than its successors, is not the exact same map design of PoIs and static quests. Yes finding them yourself adds something to it but c'mon.
It lets you interact with the areas that are not PoIs, though. Instructions like "go north through the solidified lava flow and turn right once you see keeping the giant wall of murdermagic" let you make a mental picture of the area and it becomes much more of a setpiece when it becomes relevant to the story as opposed to "I guess the big bad guy's fortress of doom was here the whole time and no one noticed, huh".

Compare something like Skyrim where every single location has precisely one (1) quest associated with it and then can be promptly forgotten; or Oblivion's completely featureless landscape.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 4, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can always tell that the user base of Something Awful is getting old when they start 'kids these days'-ing about modern convenience features in games. Why, back in my day, we had to use graph paper when we wanted to map out a dungeon, and we liked it that way! None of that newfangled automap stuff for lazy people, no sirree.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shut up Cardiovorax.

anilEhilated posted:

It lets you interact with the areas that are not PoIs, though. Instructions like "go north through the solidified lava flow and turn right once you see keeping the giant wall of murdermagic" let you make a mental picture of the area and it becomes much more of a setpiece when it becomes relevant to the story as opposed to "I guess the big bad guy's fortress of doom was here the whole time, huh".

Compare something like Skyrim where every single location has precisely one (1) quest associated with it and then can be promptly forgotten; or Oblivion's completely featureless landscape.

I don't feel like that's as impactful an like, mental interaction as you're implying over just finding something on the compass but I grant that just might my whole thing of not connecting super hard with games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages ($0.99) - Stage-based space shooter that involves more than just shooting and spends ~4 hours stringing you along thinking it's a relatively standard affair before whaBAM, what was already a pretty extensive set of mechanics explodes into a lot more mechanics and customizability and suddenly you're in a sort-of open world and idk it's insane. The store page claims the full campaign lasts 30 hours, and I believe it. One sticking point seems to be the controls; I adapted to them quickly enough, but some people don't. You need to exercise some restraint or you're constantly going to be flailing around like a madman, fighting your own inertia.

Just want to throw support to this, this game is amazing. Your ship can be built as an invisible rogue, you can literally be Link with a boomerang and sword, you can be a normal top down starfighter like in subspace continuum. The build variety and combos you can build are pretty amazing. The campaign is also really good, there is a fun variety of objectives and some really creative mission design, it never felt too samey.