Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Has this Covid dealie likely altered your life long-term when it comes to social outings? Will you go back to the movies this year, or ever again? How about dining in at a restaurant? Going to a bar? Attending a major sporting event or a concert?

Or have you decided that many or all of those things just aren't that important to you after all?

A recent survey shows that most Americans are still hesitant to return to movie theaters:

https://www.cbr.com/americans-not-ready-to-return-to-movie-theaters/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Return?

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
When theres something like a vaccine or immunisation or whatever, sure.

Live in one of the remotest cities on earth, we have no cases right now, but I still walk to work when i can (winter and the busses are generally empty or I get off) and safe distance, shop little, dont go out etc...

The idea of a gig with everyone seated sounds nice tho, gently caress standing for 2+ hours.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 4, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've been a frequent patron to the local IMAX theatre but I don't think I'll be coming back :shrug:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've been a frequent patron to the local IMAX theatre but I don't think I'll be coming back :shrug:

That's it? Kaput forever? Even if there's a Covid vaccine next year, you're done with the IMAX experience?

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

CocoaNuts posted:

That's it? Kaput forever? Even if there's a Covid vaccine next year, you're done with the IMAX experience?

Yeah they had to pysically burn them all for some reason, seemed a bit much but they were all razed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

CocoaNuts posted:

I'm whole heartedly expecting it all to descend into a mad max scenery in a few years, I've moved on to entertainment I can whittle out of a potato with broken bits of plastic and metal. Turns out you can easily shape a penis, it's hours upon hours of endless entertainment.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

It does make you wonder what will happen to all the movie theater buildings. Maybe esports or something?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Same thing that happens to all the restaurants and bars lmao

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Yes, sure. Corona hasn't been a big issue here for almost 2 months now and now that places have been opening up I've been to restaurants and seen a movie. Still keep my distance and all that but restaurants have been open for a month now and it hasn't caused a spike in cases.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I'm sitting in a restaurant right now OP. And last night I was in a packed night club :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'll probably wait about a month before going back to movie theaters/concerts/sporting events/restaurants -- enough time to let the first wave of comebackers get & be diagnosed with coronavirus and die/recover.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
lol I stopped going to the movies like 10 years ago because 99% of it is garbage now. Avoiding a mass shooting and COVID are just incidental bonuses.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

there's no way in gently caress I'm going anywhere other than where I absolutely have to until there's a vaccine that works.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

No, because as chill as I am with meeting my maker I don't want other people to do the same if they have no desire to

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Opened thread, has it been said yet? Boom yup

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
When there's a vaccine, of course. Why wouldn't I?

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Devonaut posted:

It does make you wonder what will happen to all the movie theater buildings. Maybe esports or something?

Big open planned super furnished job agencies helping people earn 13 cents an hour over 4 jobs a day

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

JOHN SKELETON posted:

I'm sitting in a restaurant right now OP. And last night I was in a packed night club :shrug:

Wearing a mask for sure at the packed night club, right?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i already hated the movies, but ill be hosed if im paying 17.99 to watch The King Of Statin Island once when its not safe to have people over to watch it... dumbos blew it. shoulda sold it for $5 bucks and told everyone to stay home and watch it alone.

I still want to watch this but ill have to get a VPN first.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wendigee posted:

i already hated the movies, but ill be hosed if im paying 17.99 to watch The King Of Statin Island once when its not safe to have people over to watch it... dumbos blew it. shoulda sold it for $5 bucks and told everyone to stay home and watch it alone.

express VPN has worked really good for me

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Wendigee posted:

Is that the movie with Pete Davison in it? Where he tattoos a nine-year old? Because it looks pretty dreadful in the promos.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is that the movie with Pete Davison in it? Where he tattoos a nine-year old? Because it looks pretty dreadful in the promos.

but its a judd apatow movie so its good right

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I never left my home and don't ever intend to again, OP.

Long after my un-noticed death bury me in a paupers grave with a small plaque without my name and only the words "I'M GLAD OF IT" etched on it for all time.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don't want gross rear end people looking at me and thinking sex thoughts about my rear end and thighs. No, siree.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Love this thread.

people are like well I guess Lowtax is a piece of poo poo

And then you see older reg dates posting like dickheads about this...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

A Grand Egg posted:

Love this thread.

people are like well I guess Lowtax is a piece of poo poo

And then you see older reg dates posting like dickheads about this...

Explain, Egg.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Bankrupt movie theaters are good choices to renovate into laser tag

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ikanreed posted:

Bankrupt movie theaters are good choices to renovate into laser tag

The laser tag industry is going to take off just like in '91. It's going to be renaissance.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

MrQwerty posted:

but its a judd apatow movie so its good right

:lol::lol::lol:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm whole heartedly expecting it all to descend into a mad max scenery in a few years, I've moved on to entertainment I can whittle out of a potato with broken bits of plastic and metal. Turns out you can easily shape a penis, it's hours upon hours of endless entertainment.

That doesn't sound hygenic, pending your specific use case for potato penis

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Literally A Person posted:

The laser tag industry is going to take off just like in '91. It's going to be renaissance.

Finally a use for all my old gear. Always wanted the white rifle :(

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Usualy more oldschool online and feeble brained, possible furries or piss fetishists

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Movie theaters, no. I want that industry to die and have pay to stream for new releases, it's so much nicer.

Indoor restaurants with masks and social distancing actually followed, sure, down the road but outdoor or take out is preferred.

I love going to amusement parks and want to go back to Disneyland. It is just stupid to go during this mess, even with masks and social distancing.. I don't know when I'll be comfortable enough/ safe enough to go back.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

A Grand Egg posted:

Usualy more oldschool online and feeble brained, possible furries or piss fetishists

Dang.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

I never left my home and don't ever intend to again, OP.

Long after my un-noticed death bury me in a paupers grave with a small plaque without my name and only the words "I'M GLAD OF IT" etched on it for all time.

Uh, I've smelled rotting beef before and IT AIN'T GOOD!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeah its pete's movie... i didn't watch any previews, i just think he is interesting and i want to see the film.

I thought the joke was that i spelled the island like the cholesterol drug

i just got 1 month of nordvpn to try from the website so the tax man didn't get a cut..... i have heard good things about express too sid i might try that, but so far nord is working great and doesn't take any effort to use

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 4, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress no i'm building a wilderness survival kit and i'm scoping out good spots to escape civilization. google maps is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Wearing a mask for sure at the packed night club, right?

Covid ain't really a thing anymore where I'm at so no, though admittedly it was pretty surprising to see a club that crowded. Everywhere else that's open is pretty sparsely seated.