Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Hirohiko Araki posted:

"I hate working in silence. I always have some music or radio station on — like
Musashino FM — when I work. It's as important a tool, to me, as paper or a pen.

But I'm disorganised and lazy sometimes, and can't always find my CD's.
So, a coworker showed me how to find and listen to music directly on the
internet! And I'm a bit of an online video "addict" now! I even found videos
of people playing JoJo video games, but many of them just talk right over them.
I'm thinking "Shut up! People want to hear the video game, not you or your lame
jokes!" but maybe some people really do enjoy this.

I guess, there's some mysteries in life, we're not meant to understand..."

Banner art by twitter user @Cheezopath. Part 3 game thumbnails by @HamousTruck, also thanks to him for youtube subtitles. OP images by ChorpSaway. Part 5 game thumbnails by @handdrawnsquare

Welcome one and all, to another duology Let's Play behind the sick twisted minds of the 50 Cent Duology; The JoJo Duology. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a japanimation/comimanga split up into several parts, each focusing on a different character in the Joestar lineage who, along with their own unique set of allies, fight against strange enemies who threaten their peaceful lives. We are going through two games from two different parts; JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the Super Famicom, a Part 3 game, and GioGio's Bizarre Adventure for the PS2, which is a Part 5 game. ChorpSaway will be heading up the Super Famicom game and I, FutureFriend, will be heading up the PS2 one. For these Let's Plays we will be joined by the other members of The Otaku Trash Machine, TheJayOfSpade (nerd) and Taoc (jock). Both games are Japanese exclusives, but have been fan-translated, so we will be using those versions.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC) is a JRPG made by Winkysoft, who have pretty much developed 95% of all SNES anime adaptation games. Their outing in JoJo is weird, its an utterly bog-standard JRPG that is mostly just a weird highlights version of Stardust Crusaders where every fight takes place 2 minutes after the previous. It's cool though, Jotaro can die by being yelled at rudely by an ape. Despite being a JRPG, it's also very short, so this will be a Video LP provided to us by ChorpSaway. This game was fan-translated by romhacking group Aeon Genesis.

GioGio's Bizarre Adventure is a PS2 action game made by Capcom. It's a weird clunky boss rush game that does a surprisingly decent job translating Golden Wind's fights and their mechanics into video game form. It's almost obsessively devoted to translating nearly everything from the Manga 1:1 into the game. It's interesting and hell, I think, as the person providing this part of the LP, its worth checking out for how it tries to do this. This game was fan-translated by manga translation group JoJo's Colored Adventure. This game's LP also won't be released until we're done with the Super Famicom Game, sorry for that!

No rules. As long as this thread stays fun and funny, we'll keep it that way. This Let's Play also won't be spoiler-free, so go wild!

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
JoJo AND the Otaku Trash Machine???

I've died and gone to heaven.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Good stuff so far.

I always wondered why a game never got made out of Part 4 but then I remembered Persona 4 exists :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I can't say I really understand your decision to recreate the 'to be continued' thing from the anime but replace Roundabout with "Why is Avdol's hair green now?" 'It's always been green, what are you talking about?' but I support you and your artistic vision.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well now I understand why the video is on your channel but chorps seems to be the one in charge.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Avdol's necklace is tomatoes and his hair is asparagus.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I can't say I really understand your decision to recreate the 'to be continued' thing from the anime but replace Roundabout with "Why is Avdol's hair green now?" 'It's always been green, what are you talking about?' but I support you and your artistic vision.

the original idea for this lp was to have the game be accompanied by the entire yes discography, but steve howe resolved to hunt me down if i did, so sorry viewers, its 4 nerds talking now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, that's still prog rock

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
[obligatory Stacey's Mom joke about Jotaro's mom]

I love that so far you've beaten up fellow students, the school nurse, and a janitor, left a bunch of people in a classroom with their tongues cut out, and we still don't know if any of the characters have feet.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

[obligatory Stacey's Mom joke about Jotaro's mom]

I love that so far you've beaten up fellow students, the school nurse, and a janitor, left a bunch of people in a classroom with their tongues cut out, and we still don't know if any of the characters have feet.

and don't worry, we've still got so many more people to beat up before we find the leg's ultimate secret

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
So Polnareff is dipped in grease for this game? Would explain the hair and skin color.

Also, didn't expect a Tom of Finland reference (super accurate though).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Almost everyone in the battle scenes is symmetrical.

E: C.F.H.A. stands for Crossfire Hurricane Attack. Yeah, it's a Stones ref.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What does the SFC in the title even mean?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Super Famicom, the japanese name for the SNES

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stand Fighting, Condensed

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Super Funny Commentary, which us marketing majors call "a lie"

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

FutureFriend is a big fan of Lana Del Ray and in recognition of her classic 2019 album Norman loving Rockwell! he decided his interpretation of Part 3 should be called Stardust loving Crusaders!.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly, the story being condensed and changed this loving hard is only making the game better for me. I have no idea what to expect and it's glorious, it's gone so far off the rails that I'd be genuinely surprised if it can get back without feeling like a total asspull.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

EasilyConfused posted:

So Polnareff is dipped in grease for this game? Would explain the hair and skin color.

The part of Polnareff in this game is being played by Paul from the Tekken series

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dragonatrix posted:

The part of Polnareff in this game is being played by Paul from the Tekken series
Or Guile, and the SFC stands for Street Fighter Chronicles.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

new update out folks, its time to actually start our nice 50 day vacation instead of slumming it in japan

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So wait, in the dream world, they get to use their Stands by getting punched by Jotaro (fine, pain should wake you up)...by using his Stand, which he can't. I get this is a gameplay limitation but it's quite contradicting.

Jotaro having unique lines for High Priestess makes me wonder if the Talk command would also give unique lines for the rest depending on the boss. That's the kind of effort I like to see even if the plot's barely (if even that) following the series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

baby

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Every other Stand user is just Rubber Soul

Even DIO is Rubber Soul

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And they all taunt Jotaro by calling him Glue Soul.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i always knew chorps was a poser of an anime fan who couldn't even tell midler and nena apart

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

At the rate this game is going, we're gonna be fighting Dio by sometime next video aren't we?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As soon as they realize they can jump him when he shows up with his tarots, yes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

As soon as they realize they can jump him when he shows up with his tarots, yes.

"Oh? You're approaching me? PICK A CARD!" *jumps out of menu*

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
When you fight Bohemian Rhapsody, it comes out of the TV and kills you in real life.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

thats why the jojo gang are heroes, unlike the rest of society they respect the common tarot man

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I imagine an Oingo Boingo game would be a cross between a fighting game and Katamari Damacy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think I won't go any further, because "Wheel of Fortune" will kill me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It would be great to hear Joseph screaming about his car being destroyed.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Wow. That was certainly a boss fight in that RPG right there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOucGtR07so

pointlessone fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 14, 2020

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

time to visit that most beloved of pakistani attractions; the ghost town

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really don't get why D'Arby appeared so early but even less so why they even bothered.

Also I guess Steely Dan just doesn't exist in this version of the story.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know it never really makes sense to get money when you beat a Stand, but it feels doubly ridiculous with The Lovers.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I can't wait to be impressed with how good Iggy's animations look for the first 3 times i see them and then immediately start ignoring them like i did everybody else in the Stardust Crusaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011