Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ChocNitty posted:

Nice! I made a set of bad rulers. Caligula, Tiberius, Elagabalus, Commodus, and Caracalla.

Just need to mint a Lowtax coin and your collection will be complete

For content, bought some Fever 333 albums:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Warbird posted:

Oh that looks fun. I’d love to go mess with one of those if I possessed an ounce of musical or creative ability.

Good news! Neither of those are necessary for it to make the beep boops and for the beep boops to be entertaining!

I'm not trying in any way to be a professional musician or to make tracks for SoundCloud, just want to mess around with stuff because I love music and technology. I actually want to try to design a synth at some point, probably make a weird bass pedal, I know such things already exist.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Apologies, I neglected to add the "because otherwise the wife would kill and/or divorce me if I bought one for shits and giggles" ending to that sentence. Please forgive the oversight. I've hit the "frivolous expenditures" budget allotment for the quarter you see.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

OniPanda posted:

Good news! Neither of those are necessary for it to make the beep boops and for the beep boops to be entertaining!

100% this. Get a synth, put some reverb/delay on it and go. Go on a cave- and/or space-trip.

e: and not that expensive actually. Something like a used Microbrute is pretty affordable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Get a cheap Roland MC-303! They can't be much more than a hundred bucks now.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Some of these were bought with the makerspace's budget, but I did the purchasing so it counts!

First, a bunch of bits for the Shapeoko I've resurrected:

v. excited to teach people on that machine.

Some Bahama Blue filament to print out some more clamps, holders, and general cleanliness accessories:

I have my work cut out for me on getting the area I've inherited cleaned up and in a state in which normal humans can use. It's gonna be great!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Warbird posted:

I've hit the "frivolous expenditures" budget allotment for the quarter you see.

Well now you have a plan for next quarter!

Pondex posted:

100% this. Get a synth, put some reverb/delay on it and go. Go on a cave- and/or space-trip.

e: and not that expensive actually. Something like a used Microbrute is pretty affordable.

Grabbed the Monologue used for $240. I know my "fun" budget is higher than most, but yeah, you can get some stuff used for pretty cheap. Part of what sold me on the monologue was being able to use it as a controller, so I'll probably pick up some of the Volca series later, they're super cheap because they're pretty stripped down. I was put off by how tiny the keys were so I was thinkin maybe a Volca and a controller, but then why not just get the Monologue. I'll need to upgrade my mixer though, it's only a 2 channel.

Very temporary spot, will probably end up building a desk shelf for holdin this stuff euro rack esque

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Been wanting to dip my toes into hydroponics, so I bought an Aerogarden farm unit!

Also picked up a seed starter tray, and some peripherals like the water reservoir and extra plant food. Figure if I’ve been able to keep an avocado seed going for as long as I have, might as well try growing some herbs inside as well :2bong:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OniPanda posted:

Well now you have a plan for next quarter!

Grabbed the Monologue used for $240. I know my "fun" budget is higher than most, but yeah, you can get some stuff used for pretty cheap. Part of what sold me on the monologue was being able to use it as a controller, so I'll probably pick up some of the Volca series later, they're super cheap because they're pretty stripped down. I was put off by how tiny the keys were so I was thinkin maybe a Volca and a controller, but then why not just get the Monologue. I'll need to upgrade my mixer though, it's only a 2 channel.

Very temporary spot, will probably end up building a desk shelf for holdin this stuff euro rack esque

Nice! You bastards are gonna get me to drunkenly buy a bunch of old used synths...

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Since we’re doing bleep boop chat...

My wife gave me a Chase Bliss Audio Mood the other day for our anniversary.

The left half is a reverb/delay. The right half is a granular micro-looper. And the two halves can talk to each other - e.g. you apply delay to your signal, then record a microloop of that wet signal, then apply more/different verb/delay to the running loop, then layer that back into the running loop. It’s hard to describe (and hard to figure out everything it can do) but this demo by Knobs does a good job showing it off.
https://youtu.be/G_BLyPxShG4

It’s the most fun pedal I’ve ever plugged a synth into. If you like making weird ambient pads, you’ll like it. Now it has me thinking about a new audio interface so I can run a send/return loop through the Mood and use it with soft synths.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Re: synths, I can’t recommend enough picking up a Microlab, I have mine set up with an iPad and it’s a lot of fun to play with. Be warned it’s just a MIDI controller so you need a computer or something you can plug it into.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I was also debating the Minibrute or Microbrute, but the Minibrute was a bit more than I wanted to spend right now and the Microbrute was a little too basic and lacked midi out so it couldn't be used as a midi controller.

I was lookin at getting just a midi controller like the Minilab, but I wanted an actual hardware synth to mess with because that tickles a different part of my brain and honestly I get choice paralysis with software.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

Been wanting to dip my toes into hydroponics, so I bought an Aerogarden farm unit!

Also picked up a seed starter tray, and some peripherals like the water reservoir and extra plant food. Figure if I’ve been able to keep an avocado seed going for as long as I have, might as well try growing some herbs inside as well :2bong:

There's a hydroponic thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856830&pagenumber=7

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

OniPanda posted:

Microbrute was a little too basic and lacked midi out..

Just take the plunge into CV/Gate and you'll never have have to worry about a heavy wallet.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

OniPanda posted:

I was also debating the Minibrute or Microbrute, but the Minibrute was a bit more than I wanted to spend right now and the Microbrute was a little too basic and lacked midi out so it couldn't be used as a midi controller.

I was lookin at getting just a midi controller like the Minilab, but I wanted an actual hardware synth to mess with because that tickles a different part of my brain and honestly I get choice paralysis with software.

My last pitch: if you have an iPhone you already have GarageBand, you just need a $25 dongle to attach it to your midi controller

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My island has had few cases of the 'vid and restrictions have been lifted so I'm going camping next weekend.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

My island has had few cases of the 'vid and restrictions have been lifted so I'm going camping next weekend.

Great username/post combo.

Do these come in XXXL?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Weird tent.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Oh cool, thanks! I need to get outside my bookmarks more and go terrorize some different threads for a change. There’s just too much good content on here

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Pondex posted:

Just take the plunge into CV/Gate and you'll never have have to worry about a heavy wallet.

Definetly dont do that with a microbrute, neither pitch or gate worked on mine.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

New exhaust for the Silverado. Rough Country cat-back

New side steps

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

e: just got this

baram. has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Jul 4, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like these. Are they swim trunks?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I really like these. Are they swim trunks?

they match your av!

bape called them track shorts but they're 100% polyester and pretty similar in design to the other pair i posted, which were called swim trunks. zip pockets on either side and one on the back.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hella jelly of that sweatshirt OP

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

baram. posted:

they match your av!

I know! Got a link to them?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know! Got a link to them?

https://stockx.com/bape-neon-tokyo-track-shorts-black

bape sold out but they're a little below retail secondhand.

e: vvvvv there's a whole collection!

baram. has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Jul 4, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holy poo poo, they make a t-shirt like it.... I may buy that just to piss off my girlfriend!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

baram. posted:

e: just got this

Hell yes.

Btw if anyone is a medium I’m selling a bunch of OG BAPE stuff :)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I purchased all the stuff to make pulled pork in the crock pot to bring to work today for those of us working the holiday.

I only have an hour left of my shift and I'm already in a coma.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Bape Culture posted:

Btw if anyone is a medium I’m selling a bunch of OG BAPE stuff :)
What, like, from beyond the grave?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I know taste is subjective and all but y'all have lovely taste in clothing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Hey now, people can rock those cool KMart clothes if they want.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The $200 price tag makes it cool. Just like sneakers.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Waaa waaa waaaa why do people like things

- some guys who play table top rpgs or whatever who loving cares

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Bape Culture posted:

Waaa waaa waaaa why do people like things

- some guys who play table top rpgs or whatever who loving cares

Yes let’s remember the thread title please.

E: Also, lol

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

The $200 price tag makes it cool. Just like sneakers.

Hideous sneakers have to be at least $600 to be cool

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I play tt rpgs and have good taste tyvm

colas
Feb 14, 2007

These are the only type of shirts that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's been a good week for new things:

Gold by Sebastiāo Salgado

The Photographs of Joan Leigh Fermor

Topcor 150mm f/5.6 lens

Nikon 65mm f/4 lens

Minolta Autocord (75mm, f/3.5)

Guess who's taking lots of photos on the weekend.