Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I believe with Flight of the Conchords, they basically mined a decade+ of their live gigs for the first season, then realized,"gently caress, now we have to come up with an entirely new season's worth of material in like 3 months!", which is also why they declined to do a third season?

Seems to be a thing with musical shows, I got that sense a lot with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend which had a stunning first season it couldn't really live up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Matt berry's fine but he's no jackie daytona

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Watching the In Memoriam video in the last episode, the family of vampires were all born in the 1400s to 1600s. So they lived 300 years or so, picked up modern trends hard in the '70s, and then stayed there for 40 or so more. They weren't like a family who all got turned in the '70s.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cocaine will cause radical changes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sesq posted:

Watching the In Memoriam video in the last episode, the family of vampires were all born in the 1400s to 1600s. So they lived 300 years or so, picked up modern trends hard in the '70s, and then stayed there for 40 or so more. They weren't like a family who all got turned in the '70s.

I didn't think it was possible, but that actually makes the whole situation even funnier.

Maybe vampires are just naturally inclined to love disco? Even Nander has been said to like it.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cocaine will cause radical changes

D R U G B L O O D

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Sesq posted:

I love that they were named the "Hustle Dynasty". wonder if they named them that after disco or in the 1400s

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Watching season 1 since the first time it aired. It definitely has a different feeling than 2, but owns bones still. Wish we got a bit of... Jonah Hill's sister (can't remember her name) vampire in S2, but she's probably busy and the season was jam-packed enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's so hard having nothing to look forward to on wednesday nights :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Buy and air Wellington Paranormal, FX you cowards :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MFov93bHA

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 25, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Binged through season 2 over the past two days and I love this show and I love everything Matt Berry does. Jackie Daytona, regular human bartender.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Binged through season 2 over the past two days and I love this show and I love everything Matt Berry does. Jackie Daytona, regular human bartender.

Wait, Matt Berry was Jackie Daytona!?!?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I was surprised too but he's got charismmmmmaaaaaaaaa

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I highly suggest roasting a bowl or two and putting on a Matt Berry album, if you haven't already. Opium and Kill the Wolf are my current favs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course he wasn't. Matt Berry plays Lazlo, a vampire. Jackie Daytona is a human man.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

regular human bartender

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Jim Coach

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
I'm pretty sure Jackie Daytona was a real sneaky cameo by Benicio del Toro

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh god this is a perfect joke for the show

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Delightful appearance of Nadja in Eurovision Song Contest.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Pixelante posted:

Did she sing Girl in the Village with the One Small Foot?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pixelante posted:

Natasia Demetriou is also one of the hosts in the new Netflix show The Big Flower Fight, which is basically The Great British Bake-Off for gardening.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
My best friend's husband got Kayvan Novak to do a cameo birthday greeting as Nandor for her today. It was amazingly funny and probably the best gift possible for her. His abuse to offscreen Guillermo and love of creepy paper was on full display and because she shared it with her friends, I feel like i got an extra episode of the show this year.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's v rad.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sieje posted:

My best friend's husband got Kayvan Novak to do a cameo birthday greeting as Nandor for her today. It was amazingly funny and probably the best gift possible for her. His abuse to offscreen Guillermo and love of creepy paper was on full display and because she shared it with her friends, I feel like i got an extra episode of the show this year.

I've now fallen down a hole of watching the messages he's recorded on his Cameo. Some cameos are clearly lazy cash grabs, but it seems like he puts real effort into them.

https://www.cameo.com/kayvan_novak

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

feedmyleg posted:

That's v rad.

I agree, it IS vampire rad :hai:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

I've now fallen down a hole of watching the messages he's recorded on his Cameo. Some cameos are clearly lazy cash grabs, but it seems like he puts real effort into them.

https://www.cameo.com/kayvan_novak

Holy poo poo I think he's just improving them all and they're fantastic! :swoon:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pixelante posted:

Their stage producer is her brother too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Davros1 posted:

So apparently, Colin Robinson can transform into an animal as well ...

https://twitter.com/m_proksch/status/1153079761704382464?s=20

My favourite thing about this that after hyping up all the amazing things geckos can do, Colin Robinson just ... kinda stands there as a gecko.

Anyway, amazing show. I was very reluctant to try it initially; I loved the movie and figured this was a watered and dumbed down version, but nope, best comedy show I've seen in ages.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I still think being able to turn into a gecko is an awesome power. I'm sure Colin Robinson would find a boring way to use it, but gecko powers are inherently rad.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It is, I love geckos. I just thought it was hilarious that the thing Colin Robinson does to demonstrate this awesome power is to ... stand around as a gecko. The most Colin Robinson thing to do.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Der Shovel posted:

It is, I love geckos. I just thought it was hilarious that the thing Colin Robinson does to demonstrate this awesome power is to ... stand around as a gecko. The most Colin Robinson thing to do.

It would be hilarious if his tail fell off, then he transformed back and was missing a leg and just regrew it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I know what I want to see in season 3

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I still think being able to turn into a gecko is an awesome power

no it's not

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know Colin Robinson hovers over Guillermo as he does their taxes every year.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

You know Colin Robinson hovers over Guillermo as he does their taxes every year.

ColinRobinson is the kinda guy who loudly proclaims that he doesn't see what the big deal is since he filed his taxes months away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Der Shovel posted:

Anyway, amazing show. I was very reluctant to try it initially; I loved the movie and figured this was a watered and dumbed down version, but nope, best comedy show I've seen in ages.

I’m trying to think if I heard anyone who liked the movie not like the show, and honestly can’t think of anyone. Remember one or two people not caring for the show but not having seen the movie. It’s got a ridiculously good hit rate for sure.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Alhazred posted:

ColinRobinson is the kinda guy who loudly proclaims that he doesn't see what the big deal is since he filed his taxes months away.

You say that like its a bad thing
/
/
/
/

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

He also keeps telling you things like "you forgot to carry the two" and "oh, need another zero there" and just constantly making you second guess your math (he's lying, probably, but you can never be sure so you just have to go back and recheck everything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0OHbsOl4YY

Starting in a few minutes.