Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IbrahimSom
May 30, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9HkO-cGGo

gud movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No argument this movie is really rad. Ebert had an excellent review for it too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Great movie that the world forgot when the matrix came out a year later even tho they didn’t even really line up

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I have a very clear memory of seeing that preview in the theater and teenage me being psyched af for it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
They call it chooning

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shut it down... Forever!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

super good movie op

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Management posted:

They call it chooning

Choon gang

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Love this movie. Especially the director's cut.

When it first came out, however, I hated it, because during the scene where he's being chased around while the city's in the middle of changing, the stunt cables are clearly visible in several shots, and for some reason I was very upset by this.

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
Holy poo poo forgot about this very good movie!!! Wanted to sleep, gonna watch this instead!

Thank you op!!!!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
too bad about the theatrical release voiceover in the beginning

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

its a good movie and real pretty in its way. the opening scene in the green bathroom is permanently etched in my mind

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

and you're tellin' me the goddamn brain squids didn't keep a record of where they got the people? what if they needed more??

also that guy is gonna be a huge dick now that he has god-machine powers, life probably got way worse after he killed mr. book

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

do you think they put the one brain squid in a kid's body because he was a psychopathic prick? like why keep him around at that point

i have lots of thoughts on Dark City, the movie

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING WHY I KEEP APPEARING IN YOUR MEMORIES

IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE INSERTED MYSELF IN THEM

- jack bauer

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i liked how they all said chooning

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

seriously the first time i watched it i thought they were saying "kewm-ing"

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Movie had both Riff Raff and the Gyrocaptain as bad guys, and if they had just added the dude who played Quark, it would have had all the actors that 20-something me kept getting confused in one place.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Great movie... If you mute the first minute of the movie.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
This movie owns and everyone should watch it. It really is a great move. True classic IMO

I make a Shell Beach reference every now and again just to see who nods knowingly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The should have replaced all the bad guys with cool dogs and instead of fighting and flying around and being inside your mind the dogs are following and flying around and peeking inside your head looking for treats and the movie is called Bark City

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

too bad about the theatrical release voiceover in the beginning

Thundercracker posted:

Great movie... If you mute the first minute of the movie.

why the theatrical release was made and the changes therein is dissertation worthy imo

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Slippery posted:

This movie owns and everyone should watch it. It really is a great move. True classic IMO

I make a Shell Beach reference every now and again just to see who nods knowingly

Can you tell me how to get to Shell Beach?

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I remember seeing a test screening before they added the "woo woo woo" special effects for his brain moves. It was a double feature following Pi (? I think?) and it was loving AMAZING.

I bought it recently because of Man in the High Castle and didn't buy the right cut so I've got the bullshit intro and "woo-woo-woo" tuning. But still amazing.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

its good i like it

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Incelshok Na posted:

I remember seeing a test screening before they added the "woo woo woo" special effects for his brain moves. It was a double feature following Pi (? I think?) and it was loving AMAZING.

I bought it recently because of Man in the High Castle and didn't buy the right cut so I've got the bullshit intro and "woo-woo-woo" tuning. But still amazing.

no one believes you

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

This is my favourite movie of all time, and I still watch it about once a year. I love Dark City.

Agreed with many other people though, the movie becomes 100x better if you mute the opening monologue, and that's to this day how I show the movie to people for the first time. I'm still a bigger fan of the original cut than the newer cut excluding that monologue, though - I like the lighting scheme of the original and the music fits the various cuts much better.

Often when acquaintances or friends of friends are talking about a place they know I've never been, I will tell them "I met my wife at that place!" in the same tone as the movie and once in a blue moon I'll get a 'Small world....' reply, and that's how I know they're good people. :)

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

1redflag posted:

Great movie that the world forgot when the matrix came out a year later even tho they didn’t even really line up

The square staircase they run down in the deja vu scene in the matrix is literally the same set that they use for the staircase in Murdoch's apartment building in dark city.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Wendigee posted:

no one believes you

I'll be alright.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

MrMidnight posted:

Can you tell me how to get to Shell Beach?

You're kidding! Me and the Mrs spent our honeymoon there. All you gotta do is take Main Street West to... or is it the Cross... You know that's funny, I can't remember if it's Main Street West or the Crosstown.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Jennifer Connolly has a mustache

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was channel-surfing on mushrooms with some buddies and we caught this movie right at its climax and watched a bit of it and now I can't bring myself to sit down and watch the whole thing.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Did not see this movie yet (unlike the new Blade Runner) but it is now dowloaded OP, thanks for the recommendation.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

vaginite posted:

Jennifer Connolly has a mustache

you take that back

and if she does it's fine 'cause she can do what she wants

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Bronze Fonz posted:

Did not see this movie yet (unlike the new Blade Runner) but it is now dowloaded OP, thanks for the recommendation.

If you didn't buy the one without the intro, skip it. The movie is much better without. Think "original blade runner"

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

The lighting in the film is so good and has been my inspiration for a bunch of projects I’ve worked on in the capacity of a designer.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Incelshok Na posted:

If you didn't buy the one without the intro, skip it. The movie is much better without. Think "original blade runner"

If we're talking "no unicorn and happy ending" then we can get along.
And yeah, uh... "buy"....

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
yeah

Buy

Yeah.

Since the era of Lowtax has ended, can we bring back the warez forum?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I rented it on VHS like 3 times when I was young and I could never get through it, it was just too boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Bronze Fonz posted:

If we're talking "no unicorn and happy ending" then we can get along.
And yeah, uh... "buy"....

If you want to be safe either way, just mute the movie at the start, and unmute it once you see a pocket watch.