Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

loving scum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/thenipahhut/status/1279575695979495424?s=19

Welp Andy Elusive pick up your No Prize

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Baron Snow posted:

yeah, for a quick sum up, here's a link to a list of JUST smash community related allegations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/hjfv0y/summary_of_sexual_and_nonsexual_allegations/

They have their own mr wizard on there? A second wiz has hit the tower!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

They have their own mr wizard on there? A second wiz has hit the tower!

It's the same guy. He's on there because of EVO

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/PyronIkari/status/1279593961502326785?s=20

crack owned up to it

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Tbh the most reasonable guy was the anonymous whistleblower who said the lesson to learn is probably to stop giving privileges to people based on seniority and popularity (instead of, say, merit and effort) because everyone in those circles all suck.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know if trying to appeal to some false meritocracy (in that all meritocracy is false) in this scene is really ideal, I remember reading stories where calling someone out for saying something racist or homophobic was treated as mundane "beef" that would be expected to be settled with a one-on-one in-game? And I guess if the homophobe won he could keep calling people slurs

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't know if trying to appeal to some false meritocracy (in that all meritocracy is false) in this scene is really ideal, I remember reading stories where calling someone out for saying something racist or homophobic was treated as mundane "beef" that would be expected to be settled with a one-on-one in-game? And I guess if the homophobe won he could keep calling people slurs

Fwiw I meant in terms of being a good person and community member and not "in the video game" since that's most of what caused this situation.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Going by his initial twitlonger and these posts, I think he was expecting it to come out once the floodgates were open.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is one of the worst toxic things about the community. Someone gets called out for being a piece of poo poo and their response is "FT10 me!" and it's like uhhhhh even if you beat me 10-0 that doesn't change or excuse what you did. Being better than someone else at a game doesn't make you not a piece of poo poo.

Like holy poo poo grow the gently caress up.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is one of the worst toxic things about the community. Someone gets called out for being a piece of poo poo and their response is "FT10 me!" and it's like uhhhhh even if you beat me 10-0 that doesn't change or excuse what you did. Being better than someone else at a game doesn't make you not a piece of poo poo.

Like holy poo poo grow the gently caress up.

It's amazing that so many video responses I've seen have addressed this very point. Like, it's extremely disappointing that our community is this dumb that a FT10 would settle anything this horrible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mycot posted:

Fwiw I meant in terms of being a good person and community member and not "in the video game" since that's most of what caused this situation.

Yeah this makes sense and I agree with it. I wonder if blowing up the "west coast" center of power might help since it seems like a lot of it has been because of people who have been entrenched in there for decades.

Then again I don't know if this just means Jebailey will swoop in and just move the power center east

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I just want to play sam sho 5 special and do hoption selects and gangster throws. Animevo don't let me down.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people gonna ignore cracky's allegations now that they're outed as being abusive even though those that abuse people can also have been abused

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Son in Samsho it's almost impossible to pull of Darli Dagger's HUGE FUKKIN DAMAGE unarmed move...

...except against Shizuka, where it trivializes the entire fight lmao

E: Apparently the move as armor, I just wasn't pulling it off correctly

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 5, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

people gonna ignore cracky's allegations now that they're outed as being abusive even though those that abuse people can also have been abused
Doubtful, mr. Wizard already has been kicked out and admitted to everything and its not like the man has a huge cult of personality

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's already too late to run it back on what they put out there, so all you're gonna see is the same usual bad actors acting like shitheads anyway.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

“because my friend had slept with you.”

That is seriously disgusting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, Wiz isn't really well-liked and Mikey kinda prefaced his whole thing by saying "yeah, I was a huge piece of poo poo too, which doesn't excuse his actions but y'know, he's not trying to deflect anything, he's just being sincere about bad poo poo going on in the community.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
"If the FGC is to rise from this, then it needs to burn and the people like me need to see ourselves out."

This is something that I thought was very poignant from this Twitlonger about Mr Wizard: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra877

You have to hold these people accountable and they must leave the scene. They can grow and become better people, but it cannot happen in the community anymore. Just like in Dota after the community went through it last week, this community must rebuild from the ground up.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I'm not even surprised about Noel Brown being a piece of poo poo

My thing is how much of a pass Wong/FChamp/ChrisG/etc gave him over the years

Hell, Wong has been absolutely radio silent about all of this now that I think of it

MechaX fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 5, 2020

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Thirteen Orphans posted:

You seem to have misspelled King of Fighters XIII.

:emptyquote:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

drat this is loving sad. Mew2King was accused by someone who admitted later they had lied but he put this out anyway to prove his innocence. This is a real trip. Probably was terrible admitting this just to prove they were lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuEST8RdL8

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah it's real good too. I'm thinkin SNK is pretty good at making fighting games, even if they're not so good at porting them to PC

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MechaX posted:

Hell, Wong has been absolutely radio silent about all of this now that I think of it

Running on the assumption that JWong is completely personally uninvolved in any abuse or shady stuff(since AFAIK there hasn't been any indication he was involved), there's still a whole lot of uncomfortable "you were in with this group and friends with these shitheads for ages - how much did you know about what was happening? if you knew anything, why didn't you say anything?" hanging overhead. I'd wager he's trying desperately to let this all blow over so he doesn't get hit with splash damage.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DLC Inc posted:

drat this is loving sad. Mew2King was accused by someone who admitted later they had lied but he put this out anyway to prove his innocence. This is a real trip. Probably was terrible admitting this just to prove they were lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuEST8RdL8

I feel so bad for him, that's hosed up

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Would anyone mind summarizing?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Would anyone mind summarizing?

Tl;dr he had an unfortunate medical accident that makes it impossible for him to have done the things he was accused of, including things in the past when he was too embarrassed to come forward with the story

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kanos posted:

Running on the assumption that JWong is completely personally uninvolved in any abuse or shady stuff(since AFAIK there hasn't been any indication he was involved), there's still a whole lot of uncomfortable "you were in with this group and friends with these shitheads for ages - how much did you know about what was happening? if you knew anything, why didn't you say anything?" hanging overhead. I'd wager he's trying desperately to let this all blow over so he doesn't get hit with splash damage.

justin was in the room with marn when marn beat his dog and he didnt do anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah you don't need new accusations to surface or anything, Jwong has spent much of his latter career hanging out with Marn and shielding him from criticism by association. Marn is an enormous piece of poo poo and the ease with which he still hung out in the periphery is hosed up

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah it's real good too. I'm thinkin SNK is pretty good at making fighting games, even if they're not so good at porting them to PC

An unfortunate truth. I really hope they do SOMETHING different with KoFXV if/when that comes out, because waiting forever for XIV and then waiting even longer for Samsho was pretty poo poo.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i'd like it if snk could figure out netcode before anything

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

I think pretty much all of SNK's PC releases have been outsourced to other companies (DotEmu, Code Mystics, Digital Eclipse, Abstraction Games...) There doesn't seem to be any additional developer credit on Samsho's Epic Store page, though, so I'm not sure if they've started doing the PC ports themselves or not (I know some place called Safari Games did the Switch port...)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Kanos posted:

I think Jwong stays at home and streams arcade mode speedruns. He's in his silver gaming years

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

jwong was triforce's guy for over a decade

he knows things

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Smoking Crow posted:

justin was in the room with marn when marn beat his dog and he didnt do anything

In Training posted:

yeah you don't need new accusations to surface or anything, Jwong has spent much of his latter career hanging out with Marn and shielding him from criticism by association. Marn is an enormous piece of poo poo and the ease with which he still hung out in the periphery is hosed up

Oh, trust me, I'm not saying Jwong is a paragon of a human being, I'm just saying nothing directly implicating him as a sex creep/harasser has come out yet so he's probably just keeping his head down and trying not to get involved, precisely because of:

Smoking Crow posted:

jwong was triforce's guy for over a decade

he knows things

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Smoking Crow posted:

i'd like it if snk could figure out netcode before anything

:hmmyes:

Reeaaaally hoping KOFXV has good netcode. I can't put up with Samsho-esqe netcode again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How in blazes is BlazBlue Centralfiction a 50 GB game on PC? Did they put all the anime movies uncompressed? Xrd Rev2 is 11 GB in comparison.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Saoshyant posted:

How in blazes is BlazBlue Centralfiction a 50 GB game on PC? Did they put all the anime movies uncompressed? Xrd Rev2 is 11 GB in comparison.

yeah all the audio and video are uncompressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

the sprites/CGs are super high-res and they're really bad at compressing voices/art. and the movies also.