Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So I just bought the Super Deluxe for 30 bux off of Amazon for the PS4, running Zane and just in the first area. Is there any grenade mod that was like in BL2 that just scaled with your level and flew around like a bottle rocket? That mod was the loving best, I would accidentally down myself so many times but the splash damage was insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
There might be some grenade mods in your mail that'll scale to lvl 10 (I think, it's been a minute) but they get outclassed pretty quick. I can't think of any bottle rocket-esque mods offhand but there's plenty you can blow yourself up with.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kaethela posted:

Go to "Documents" in Windows 10, then "My Games", "Borderlands 3", "Saved", and the "Config". Open "GameUserSettings.ini" in a word processor like Notepad, and then find the following setting "PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX12". Change "DX12" to "DX11" and then save and exit the file.

(copy/pasted from some random site via google search)

Well, I did that. And now BL3 is hanging at the smaller splash window before the actual program even launches.

gently caress. :shrug:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well, I did that. And now BL3 is hanging at the smaller splash window before the actual program even launches.

gently caress. :shrug:

This is a very common thing (at least for me). It happens roughly 50% of the time I launch the game. Gearbox's programmers are borderline incompetent and the whole game is full of frustrations like this.

Open task manager, then right click on Borderlands 3 (There may be two instances of this - sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't) then "End Task". Do this for both instances if there are two.

Now relaunch the game and it SHOULD run. If not, repeat the above steps and try again.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

This is a very common thing (at least for me). It happens roughly 50% of the time I launch the game. Gearbox's programmers are borderline incompetent and the whole game is full of frustrations like this.

Open task manager, then right click on Borderlands 3 (There may be two instances of this - sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't) then "End Task". Do this for both instances if there are two.

Now relaunch the game and it SHOULD run. If not, repeat the above steps and try again.

What if there are no instances of Borderlands 3 in the task manager and the game isn't even in the taskbar? Because that's what's happening to me.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I get the infinite splash screen if I tab to something else while said screen is up. Task manager does always clear it up though. Sure it isn't there? It'll be hidden among the big list of background processes, not the smaller apps list.

On the subject of poo poo programming, I just jumped into this game and ended up needing to learn some basic loving programming just to allow me to rebind keys properly using autohotkey. There are so many completely different issues with key rebinds that I can't even remember them all. It is absolute insanity.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Edit:

Vargs posted:

Sure it isn't there? It'll be hidden among the big list of background processes, not the smaller apps list.

Yes, don't look in the top application section, it will be in the lower section. Click the name bar at the top to sort by name and look in the B's.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What if there are no instances of Borderlands 3 in the task manager and the game isn't even in the taskbar? Because that's what's happening to me.

What I would do next is delete the configuration file in your previous quote. You should probably also reboot your machine as well.

Try running the game again after that. The game should rebuild the config file automatically next time you run it and it will all be set to the default values which worked for you originally.

If you are still having trouble with that, you should verify the game's files. This will make sure there are no missing or corrupt files.

Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Epic Games Launcher: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/technical-support-c90/general-support-c91/how-do-i-verify-game-files-in-the-epic-games-launcher-a3638

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
For any current or wannabe Moze mains who don't follow the subreddit, u/nivman1410 has a bunch of solid writeups on putting a build together, slot by slot. Here's his artifacts post https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/hlkooz/why_deathless_relics_are_overrated_moze_artifacts/

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Returning for the new expansion with an all-orange Zane. What's a comfortable Mayhem level to drop in at now the system's been overhauled?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Darth Walrus posted:

Returning for the new expansion with an all-orange Zane. What's a comfortable Mayhem level to drop in at now the system's been overhauled?

Have you used Mayhem before? You can adjust it frequently, it only takes you to your last New-U station. That's both if you change the level or reroll the effects. If you've never done Mayhem going straight to 10 is probably rough but 4-6 should be fine. There's a handful of loot that only drops at 6 or higher, but that probably only matters if you set out to farm those weapons. The Backburner (Agonizer) and Reflux (GenIVIV) are both very popular and are like this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hadn't come back for a while. The Hammerlock DLC is okay, kinda boring but as with all Borderlands content very pretty. The new bounty one is real good- mostly because the humor is a lot more subdued and the tone marginally more serious but not embarrassingly so.

My old build with Seeing Dead and basically a mess of kill skills+clone+drone still works great at Mayhem 4-6 or so, particularly with specific guns. I know it's probably because many legendary guns are better with specific characters due to their potential builds but all Legendary guns seem to be very extreme in power. They either absolutely loving melt everything effortlessly, or they're effectively useless and you'd be better off with a random Epic.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Fabricated posted:

They either absolutely loving melt everything effortlessly, or they're effectively useless and you'd be better off with a random Epic.

My bank is basically a bunch of poo poo guns with good anoints that I keep around just in case they stop being poo poo.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hamsystem posted:

My bank is basically a bunch of poo poo guns with good anoints that I keep around just in case they stop being poo poo.

I had several Bitches and wound up selling them... about a week before they got buffed t:mad:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Have you used Mayhem before? You can adjust it frequently, it only takes you to your last New-U station. That's both if you change the level or reroll the effects. If you've never done Mayhem going straight to 10 is probably rough but 4-6 should be fine. There's a handful of loot that only drops at 6 or higher, but that probably only matters if you set out to farm those weapons. The Backburner (Agonizer) and Reflux (GenIVIV) are both very popular and are like this.

I did old-Mayhem-2, and jumped in this time around with Mayhem 5. Tough to kill anything to start with, but Seein' Dead Zane is still survivable enough to compensate, and I'm starting to get myself a serviceable stockpile of purple M5 gear to tide me over until the legendaries start dropping.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Does the new DLC have any repeatable content? Circle of Slaughter arenas for farming gear were something I missed from Handsome Jackpot and GLT.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just took my Zane from 17 to 60 this week, what’s current top class mod to build around? And is Phasezerker still the go to for Amara? Currently got Moze with a Minesweeper/Bear build and and Red Fang/Rift build on Flak.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

Just took my Zane from 17 to 60 this week, what’s current top class mod to build around? And is Phasezerker still the go to for Amara? Currently got Moze with a Minesweeper/Bear build and and Red Fang/Rift build on Flak.

Going to be extremely difficult to dethrone Seein' Dead, I think. It just makes you so much better at everything in every situation.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

a sexual elk posted:

And is Phasezerker still the go to for Amara?

Probably. From what I hear, Ties That Bind no longer distributes damage with the boost from Do Harm (i.e. it doesn't count as "action skill damage" to shoot a Ties That Bound enemy) so 2x phasecast is probably the new high point. Not sure though.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Driver mod is great with Amara. I'm still using the level 50 mod I found, haven't found a better one yet. They seem really rare?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tried out a Facepuncher just now and it seems really strong again, maybe for the updated M10 scaling on melee. My Zane just happened to have a big melee bonus off his class mod which may have helped. May bear further investigation on Amara.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Probably. From what I hear, Ties That Bind no longer distributes damage with the boost from Do Harm (i.e. it doesn't count as "action skill damage" to shoot a Ties That Bound enemy) so 2x phasecast is probably the new high point. Not sure though.

Ties that bind Amara is still busted. Hell it's even more busted. Before the update at mayhem ten I struggled to kill anything. Now I routinely see things dying from like 10m damage and higher.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

hamsystem posted:

I have to wiki like 80% of the legendaries I get because I have no loving clue what they're supposed to do when I shoot stuff and they do basically no damage.

Also some just seem insanely powerful. It could be because I'm playing Zane and with the talents I choose I get double projectiles but I got a Hellshocker at like level 56 and I am almost instantly obliterating poo poo on Mayhem 6 with it provided they're susceptible to shock or fire. I'm going through the latest DLC and I killed the first couple of bosses in the space of 4-5 seconds of sustained fire. It's flat out better than 90% of the legendaries I'm getting now at level 60.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So every DLC has at least one crazy-monstrous Legendary. What should I be keeping an eye out for in Bounty of Blood?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fabricated posted:

I have to wiki like 80% of the legendaries I get because I have no loving clue what they're supposed to do when I shoot stuff and they do basically no damage.

Also some just seem insanely powerful. It could be because I'm playing Zane and with the talents I choose I get double projectiles but I got a Hellshocker at like level 56 and I am almost instantly obliterating poo poo on Mayhem 6 with it provided they're susceptible to shock or fire. I'm going through the latest DLC and I killed the first couple of bosses in the space of 4-5 seconds of sustained fire. It's flat out better than 90% of the legendaries I'm getting now at level 60.

I have a lvl 57 hellshock that still owns at level 60. It's not broken good but it owns. Finding a level 60 one with 300% phaseslam is hard work.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Darth Walrus posted:

So every DLC has at least one crazy-monstrous Legendary. What should I be keeping an eye out for in Bounty of Blood?

Lighshow, flipper, concentrated root, proprietary license are all really good. I know there's quite a few I'm forgetting but those 4 I use pretty regularly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

hamsystem posted:

Lighshow, flipper, concentrated root, proprietary license are all really good. I know there's quite a few I'm forgetting but those 4 I use pretty regularly.

Beacon is very good as well. And I find Frequency, or at least a Cryo one whilst I have an Ice Breaker, is good in the hands of my Decoy, if not my own. Lots of instant freezes and knockdowns once it's doing 4-shot bursts.

I'm still trying to decide if the Propitiatory Licence is as good as the Flipper, since both are better than carded. Flipper has a huge amount of output once it's going, but has both the initial charge up and a few shots before getting there. License is very hard to calculate because hits will either be a sticky (x2 damage overall) or a crit which isn't doubled but obviously does the boosted crit damage (which I think is fixed high by it's parts and being Hyperion) plus any damage from the ricochet. I think Licence just feels better on Zane, and I have a Fire SNTNL Cryo one, and it probably sees more return from Playing Dirty.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Well, look what's not meta anymore:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BizarroAzrael posted:

Well, look what's not meta anymore:

Is it trash now?

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Tried out a Facepuncher just now and it seems really strong again, maybe for the updated M10 scaling on melee. My Zane just happened to have a big melee bonus off his class mod which may have helped. May bear further investigation on Amara.

Facepucher with a White Elephant is amazing fun.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Listerine posted:

Is it trash now?

It works specifically with SNTNL and barrier, now that clone is really good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

It works specifically with SNTNL and barrier, now that clone is really good.

I can still see that being nice for a clone/drone build. 200% bonus damage when an action skill is active is still the new gold standard for Zane, though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I can still see that being nice for a clone/drone build. 200% bonus damage when an action skill is active is still the new gold standard for Zane, though.

I'm not sure that's right, I understand that the 200% is applied to the carded damage value, SNTNL Cryo doubles up since other bonuses so gives a comparable or better boost much of the time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm not sure that's right, I understand that the 200% is applied to the carded damage value, SNTNL Cryo doubles up since other bonuses so gives a comparable or better boost much of the time.

That's not even counting the secondary effect having an extra element can have on a gun like the redistributor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ah, that's interesting.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

Try running the game again after that. The game should rebuild the config file automatically next time you run it and it will all be set to the default values which worked for you originally.

OK, I did that. The game hangs at the splash screen the first time I launch it, but when I click "Stop" in Steam, the game launches, goes to Claptrap, and then closes. And then when I start it again it starts up normally. That's... actually what happened the first time I got the game launched. I verified the files and they all came back okay as well.

Am I just going to have to jump through that hoop every time I start the game after booting up my PC?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ZZT the Fifth posted:

OK, I did that. The game hangs at the splash screen the first time I launch it, but when I click "Stop" in Steam, the game launches, goes to Claptrap, and then closes. And then when I start it again it starts up normally. That's... actually what happened the first time I got the game launched. I verified the files and they all came back okay as well.

Am I just going to have to jump through that hoop every time I start the game after booting up my PC?

I have to do that every time. I've just gotten used to it at this point, no clue how else to do it.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Pretty much. As I mentioned, it happens about 50% of the time for me using the EGS.

If you aren't getting constant crashes during actual gameplay, you're probably doing better than most people, though.

Gearbox's programmers are bad at their jobs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What're Amara's current best action skill augments? As in, the buffs that can be applied to any action skill?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just bought this and after a few minutes of playing realised that the reason everything felt so weird and reloading didn't work was because the game has emotes it doesn't tell you about and has no menu to re-bind them. Is there a way to do so outside of the game? I want to use the arrow keys for movement and since there's no way to change them via menus it's impossible to play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

I just bought this and after a few minutes of playing realised that the reason everything felt so weird and reloading didn't work was because the game has emotes it doesn't tell you about and has no menu to re-bind them. Is there a way to do so outside of the game? I want to use the arrow keys for movement and since there's no way to change them via menus it's impossible to play this.

You're in luck; I had to make an autohotkey script for this a couple days ago:

code:
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Borderlands3.exe
$up::w
$down::s
$left::a
$right::d
$home::tab
$enter::e
    Return
    #If
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 99999
Only functions when BL3 is the active window. You can replace or remove the home/enter changes if you want.