Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi's slowly turning every member of the roster against her and it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Yunamon vs Sakura will be a MOTYC

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/Mitsuru_gtmv/status/1277093977443823616

Mitsu got over it

Also Akki rules

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

A wild Yuna appears!

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1277063931245322240

That finish was great, can't wait for the showdown.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So my current favourite Gatoh Move wrestler, and this shifts week by week, is Tokiko Kirihara. For someone who started wrestling in her forties and has only been wrestling since last year, she is super skillful and has tremendous ring presence. It also helps, in a company where half the women wrestlers are under five feet tall, to have a Tall Girl for Mei to fail to lift.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

J-Ro posted:

A wild Yuna appears!

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1277063931245322240

That finish was great, can't wait for the showdown.

that's a better guitar shot than every single one Jeff Jarrett ever did

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Riho is making her return to Ichigaya Chocolate Square for ChocoPro 29!!!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

That was one of the best ChocoPro matches I've seen. Yunamon owns, and it's gonna own seeing AEW Superstar Emi get her comeuppance at some point.

Also, hooray for AEW Superstar RIHO

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Mei and the official Gatoh Move account liking this tweet is :kiss:

Edit: oops I thought I added the screenshot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

While I would bet on them liking it because of the first sentence, is it not true that GTMV exists because of Emi's desire to have a promotion that's free of the grosser aspects of joshi wrestling?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TV Zombie posted:

Yunamon vs Emi Sakura- Last Woman Standing Match. Akki really knows how to hype one up to see the matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihR2AqPJ73Q

Man. Emi's transitions into submissions are so smooth.

Ruined Dark for myself by watching the A-Show first

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

yeah, that match was great

I wonder if AEW could show it on Dark like they did that mixed tag from the Jericho cruise.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Neodoomium posted:

While I would bet on them liking it because of the first sentence, is it not true that GTMV exists because of Emi's desire to have a promotion that's free of the grosser aspects of joshi wrestling?

Gatoh Move exists because Emi Sakura left Ice Ribbon (which she set up) because of "internal disagreements" and no one really knows what that means; and she wanted to carry on promoting some sort of pro wrestling: something that more resembled earlier Ice Ribbon (so on a smaller scale based in Ichigaya). The two promotions never work with each other though: even in other promotions where both send talent you'll never see a Gatoh Move wrestler and an Ice Ribbon wrestler in the ring at the same time. Ice Ribbon was set up in 2006 because Joshi was almost dead and every promotion was dying and Emi wanted to do something to prevent that from happening because she wanted to carry on wrestling and wanted to be able to help others carry on wrestling while bringing others in.

Them shying away from some of the weirder bits of Joshi is a conscious decision they've made and one that's admirable they aren't exactly alone in that (you have promotions like Marvelous, Sendai Girls and Pure-J that do the same sort of thing just in a very different way; they are a lot more old-school in presentation) and while I'm not accusing anyone of anything someone shying away from that sort of stuff wouldn't be evidence that they didn't abuse people: just look at some of the people we've learned to be sex pests and worse. And while I admittedly am a little detached looking at things from the other side of the world it feels like the overall scene is moving away from that stuff: Stardom have dropped the photobooks (for now; I suspect that they'll do something in the future in the same way that New Japan do stuff like that); there seems to be a lot less wrestlers that do the gravure stuff now which suggests possibly that they have the money to not need to and other things like that. Really good that Gatoh Move exists though; such a unique promotion that bring people into wrestling that would never get a chance in a lot of other places.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

J-Ro posted:

Mei and the official Gatoh Move account liking this tweet is :kiss:

Edit: oops I thought I added the screenshot.

mei's a savage

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Eh, I wouldn't say Gatoh Move shy away from the weirder stuff if you're gonna put Stardom and TJPW in with them. They sell 8x10s and two shots with RinRin which isn't something I'd be remotely comfortable with lol

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Aside from that one with Mayu and Io the Stardom photobooks have been relatively tame compared to some of the gravure videos out there.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Riho's return to Gatoh Move is Sunday at 10 AM JST (9 PM EST)

It is: Riho and Yunamon vs BestBros

Mitsuru is already upset she isn't on the show

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I recently saw the video of Mei eating pasta and now, i am Choco Pro fan.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mitsuru/Uehara vs Lulu/Emi is the other match later tonight.

Emi has promised that she won't do anything because her back is destroyed from the Yunamon match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody tweeted a primer for the show tonight or anything? or is it pretty standalone since they just did the big yunamon blowoff

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

anybody tweeted a primer for the show tonight or anything? or is it pretty standalone since they just did the big yunamon blowoff
Riho is on the show, that's a good enough reason to tune in.

Riho & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga vs Baliyan Akki is the main

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Super No Vacancy posted:

Mei is itching for a win:

https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1279453925800726529

And on the opposide side, Yunamon wants to prove herself in Riho's eyes:

https://twitter.com/Mizm0ri/status/1279534362266963969

The opener has the supposedly injured Sakura w/ Lulu Pencil promising not to pull any dirty tricks against Kirihara and Konno (who was clearly disappointed that she didn't get to wrestle Riho).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This makes me want to see a match between Riho and Hikaru again.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I am excite

e: And I didn't realize I wore my Riho shirt today :woop:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 5, 2020

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1279584991496728576

Super Pencil Sisters.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Emi has "QUEEN" written on the back of her t-shirt :allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Emi has "QUEEN" written on the back of her t-shirt :allears:
And it has nothing to do with royalty, she just really likes the band :allears:

Also lmao at Lulu being an inch away from a break but not realizing all she has to do is extend her arm like, 5cm to do it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Super Mario Primary School lookin' good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm saddened but not surprised by the loss of EmiPencil but it's now time for Mei

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Riho!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mei/Yunamon/Akki might be the best three independent wrestlers in Japan.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This plus the GCW show equals a good day

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that match owned lol

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Randomly tuned in to this and managed to catch that last match which owned bones holy poo poo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

go apple

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

my god riho

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Riho is the fuckin best

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Riho even wins Janken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution