Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Funnily enough I came across a few teams of premades that deliberately threw matches, I guess they found it quicker to lose quickly for the 3 medals instead of spending five minutes fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heeheeeee, I think the "sunsetting only affects trials and master nightfalls" crowd are in for a big ol surprise

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heeheeeee, I think the "sunsetting only affects trials and master nightfalls" crowd are in for a big ol surprise

I hope they like patrols and quickplay

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Shut up and post more content
https://i.imgur.com/ShLtny5.mp4

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

No tone policing, Karen.

Pretty cool clip of Izanagi in a game of Gambit. Did it really take 15 months to upload??

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No tone policing, Karen.

Pretty cool clip of Izanagi in a game of Gambit. Did it really take 15 months to upload??

Dunno, is it really gonna take you another 3-6 months to stop playing and posting about a game you hate so much? Doesn't sound too healthy, imo.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Sniping a titan out of thunder crash is timeless.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Scyantific posted:

Dunno, is it really gonna take you another 3-6 months to stop playing and posting about a game you hate so much? Doesn't sound too healthy, imo.

Lol

Tripling down on the Karen Posts

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Scyantific posted:

This is our collective secret: none of us likes this game and none of us will stop playing it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mindblower of a fact: You can enjoy the game while recognizing & discussing its faults

People who say "if you don't like the game don't post about it" are Trump Voters

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Also please don't forget to let us know when you're done with the game until they improve it.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

haha hell yes

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Aw crap, when did the Star Citizen started leaking in here?
W-was it me? Did I bring it in?
I am so sorry.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Iron Banner being one of the best sources to catch up on light while also being one of the least fun activities while behind on light is some real frustrating poo poo

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Elysiume posted:

Iron Banner being one of the best sources to catch up on light while also being one of the least fun activities while behind on light is some real frustrating poo poo

That's PvP in general to most people.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Deeturbomber posted:

What! Something like 88% of the active D2 population plays more than the 4 matches -> 1x pinnacle per week

I would dare to say pvp is "The Point" of the game to all but a tiny few

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Deeturbomber posted:

Most PvP modes aren't light enabled, which is a dogshit mechanic for PvP.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 5, 2020

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Most PvP modes aren't light enabled, which is a dogshit mechanic for PvP.

PVP should never be light enabled. It's bad enough that you can get poo poo on by a roll you can't obtain.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What! Something like 88% of the active D2 population plays more than the 4 matches -> 1x pinnacle per week

A lot of people are forced into farming PvP for things over a long period of time because they aren't able to efficiently get the kills required to do it in a short amount of time. :shrug:

I almost guarantee that if PvP wasn't forced upon people via exotic quests/etc, far less people would be playing PvP. Which I guess is probably the point, but it's a lovely point.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Kingnothing posted:

PVP should never be light enabled. It's bad enough that you can get poo poo on by a roll you can't obtain.
Maybe... but I really enjoy stomping on people 50+ power my senior. It's like... actual proof that I'm better instead of a coin toss that maybe I just have a better gun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The game is incredibly boring if you don’t play PVP. While I feel the player base takes it too seriously at times, there’s a lot of varied load outs you can try that just don’t work as well in PVE.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

95% of PVE content is stale and old AF regurgitation. PVP becomes the default Interesting Thing To Do when nearly everything else is years old regurgitation.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arkage posted:

95% of PVE content is stale and old AF regurgitation. PVP becomes the default Interesting Thing To Do when nearly everything else is years old regurgitation.

psst, hey... wanna play some years-old strikes for the same blue loot you’ve been discarding for years? maybe some tokens? maybe even a world loot pool purple? it’ll be fun mandatory...

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fly Molo posted:

psst, hey... wanna play some years-old strikes for the same blue loot you’ve been discarding for years? maybe some tokens? maybe even a world loot pool purple? it’ll be fun mandatory...

I've done Prophecy once yesterday, it was ok, and that's most likely the last I'm going to engage with Bungie's idea of content. I would like to manage a run of Eater of Worlds before season's end, that's the only raid I've never done, but if I don't no big deal.

I don't pick up bounties anymore, I rarely redeem engrams. I log in every few days to play some Survival, not too tryhard either because Worthy killed any passion in gitting gud I might have had. I'll miss zooming around with Dawnblade, few first-person shooters have such mobility.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

NihilCredo posted:

I've done Prophecy once yesterday, it was ok, and that's most likely the last I'm going to engage with Bungie's idea of content. I would like to manage a run of Eater of Worlds before season's end, that's the only raid I've never done, but if I don't no big deal.

I don't pick up bounties anymore, I rarely redeem engrams. I log in every few days to play some Survival, not too tryhard either because Worthy killed any passion in gitting gud I might have had. I'll miss zooming around with Dawnblade, few first-person shooters have such mobility.

Have you tried Titanfall 2? :buddy:

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

Not that I'm defending the Strikes, but this is PvP in a nutshell, too.

Wanna play half-assed Halo multiplayer, except you somehow see even less variety in weapon usage in a gear-based game?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Deeturbomber posted:

Not that I'm defending the Strikes, but this is PvP in a nutshell, too.

Wanna play half-assed Halo multiplayer, except you somehow see even less variety in weapon usage in a gear-based game?

Rewards in PVP are absolute poo poo tier.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Deeturbomber posted:

less variety in weapon usage in a gear-based game?

dunno what cru you've been playing but there's a ton of different weapons being used right now

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Eej posted:

dunno what cru you've been playing but there's a ton of different weapons being used right now

Back to you.

I would say that 75% or more of the guns I see in survival fall into one of these six boxes: Mountaintop, 600 AR, aggressive shotgun, revoker, beloved, spare/promise. Cold Denial, Bastion and Suros are occasional sights. Everything else elicits a "whoa, look at what he's running".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So, this is a weird question, but is there a reset or something on the season of arrivals intro quest that gives you a free umbral engram?

I uhhhhh finally decided to start using my other two character slots like you're supposed to, and when I made my second character and ran through the season intro I got the free umbral and a prismatic recaster upgrade (I legitimately can't remember if you're supposed to get a "free" one of those or not). So I figured what the hell, I need to make a hunter anyway, might as well do it now, but running through the intro again I got as far as going back to the tower after talking to Eris and instead of the "Go do a contact event and charge up the recaster" quest, the only thing I could pick up was the weekly.

It's not worth stressing about over one free umbral, I just was curious.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

So, this is a weird question, but is there a reset or something on the season of arrivals intro quest that gives you a free umbral engram?

I uhhhhh finally decided to start using my other two character slots like you're supposed to, and when I made my second character and ran through the season intro I got the free umbral and a prismatic recaster upgrade (I legitimately can't remember if you're supposed to get a "free" one of those or not). So I figured what the hell, I need to make a hunter anyway, might as well do it now, but running through the intro again I got as far as going back to the tower after talking to Eris and instead of the "Go do a contact event and charge up the recaster" quest, the only thing I could pick up was the weekly.

It's not worth stressing about over one free umbral, I just was curious.

There's a recaster perk that gives you a "free" umbral on the completion of your first stike/crucible/gambit match.

Maybe that was it?

You definitely get 2 for doing the Umbral quest.

I also heartily recommend to all, as someone who usually only has one character, to create 3 just so you can finish off the recaster faster.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

NihilCredo posted:

Back to you.

I would say that 75% or more of the guns I see in survival fall into one of these six boxes: Mountaintop, 600 AR, aggressive shotgun, revoker, beloved, spare/promise. Cold Denial, Bastion and Suros are occasional sights. Everything else elicits a "whoa, look at what he's running".

People are picking up on Vigilance Wing being buffed, Redrix is also very good now, Thorn, sidearm perverts, Chaperone, Bow + Eriana swap, Monarque (rare but a huge pain in the rear end when you do run into them), Bygones and a bunch of other random poo poo I don't remember off the top of my head. 600 Autos are wild right now though because there are 4 very good versions in that archetype + Suros.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
As someone who has been maining Hawthornes shotgun and monarque for the last nine months all I gotta say is why on earth do you even take the time to obsess over the weapon that killed you?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Snuffman posted:

There's a recaster perk that gives you a "free" umbral on the completion of your first stike/crucible/gambit match.

Maybe that was it?

You definitely get 2 for doing the Umbral quest.

I also heartily recommend to all, as someone who usually only has one character, to create 3 just so you can finish off the recaster faster.

No, I hadn't run anything but the new light intro and the seasonal intro that sends you into the cradle that first time. My titan main and my warlock got a free umbral as part of the quest (it's something other I know other people had trouble with at the beginning because they had filled up on umbrals and couldn't pick up the free one you're supposed to get as part of the quest), and at least my warlock got a free recaster perk thingy (I think my titan did too but I'll be damned if I can remember). Hunter got none of the above, and the questline just sorta... ended.

Like I said it's not worth stressing about, but if I can cheese another free upgrade I will lmao

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 7, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NihilCredo posted:

Back to you.

This seemed to be the only things I died to in iron banner last week.

But I was running suros or ace with a backup plan erentil so like I'm just as guilty as they are.

It may not still be meta but got drat does ace of spaces feel fun to use.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I tried Redrix for a couple of hours on IB this weekend, and while it does feel much better, I really loathe the map design in D2. Felt really bad to play with in all but like 2-3 of the maps in rotation. Definitely had pop off moments when the map co-operated though.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

This seemed to be the only things I died to in iron banner last week.

But I was running suros or ace with a backup plan erentil so like I'm just as guilty as they are.

It may not still be meta but got drat does ace of spaces feel fun to use.
The switch from SBMM to CBMM simply forced people that weren't skilled to start adapting their loadouts or experience excruciating pain. Only so many times you can saunter in with double primary handcannons before you see what you get shredded by and quickly adjust.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Doing IB at 1010 light was an exercise in pain, particularly for the pistol part but I got used to the solid snake range after a while. I had to actually think about what fights to pick as most people could pretty much two shot me. Really cemented my opinion that light level enabled pvp really just is for nerds to dunk on people as a lot of dudes were 1065+

Didn't even get any cool loot from it too so that was also fun

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/343995630290599936/729941455455649862/kay_HQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'll give my brief feedback regarding the CBMM, which I support as a concept.

I've had games where I laughed my way to a K/D ratio of over 3 using nothing but Jotunn (fusion scav ahoy) and games where not a single person on my entire team got even a single kill because the opposition was clearly running entirely wallhacks and aimbots and it was mercied in amazing time.

The intent was there. Outcome dubious. Suspect playlist numbers are going to thin out. Lack of solid anti cheat is a fatal issue.