Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Partially true with *present* sexual partners but that mostly depends on what aspect you're getting the most enjoyment out of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Rubbing my HRT tittides and taking my antidepressants to own the TERFs. Ladies, gentlemen, et. al join me

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

TERFs are very often terrible about the mentally ill too. You can see it in the way they use "mentally ill" to mean "violent and dangerous", or the way they say "delusional" as if delusions are something people do on purpose to troll them. I may well have a uterus and a second X chromosome in there (not that I've made a effort to check), but this brand of curtain twitching feminism for nice normal people excludes me anyway.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ponzicar posted:

Following that logic chain, I believe that jerking off now qualifies as a hyper orgy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpgRE8cbVpc

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't know any trans people personally, so I can understand how someone in my friend circle might not see the issue with Rowling et al's poo poo because they haven't seen the people it affects. It rarely comes up, but when it does I make it clear in no uncertain terms that I will not tolerate TERF bullshit, and so far pointing out how literally all of it is just reheated homophobia has been enough to turn them away from it.
Yeah I know and care about a lot of trans people, so I'm more attuned to it, but it's also... once you start noticing this poo poo you can't turn that off. And I don't want to turn it off, because it's so unfair that people have to put up with it and then feel like they'd be called crazy if they pointed it out.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/LetitiaMontana/status/1279615522284474368?s=09

https://imgur.com/a/eIHJNZE.mp4

Canned Panda has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jul 5, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenebrais posted:

Oh, certainly - I meant in the sense that, for decades up to now, D&D has established a world with clearly-defined racist mechanics and that's going to affect the communities dedicated to it one way or another.

Fortunately the OotS comic's take on the matter is pretty good.

May one day Rich be ok. Bles him for being good and creative.

Mikl posted:

I'm getting loving tired of having to argue for my humanity and my basic rights over and over and over again. I hate this.

:emptyquote:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

jjack229 posted:

That's just ridiculous. But, if you jerk off thinking about having sex with someone, then that's the same as you having sex with everyone else who has ever jerked off about that person too.

I think you will find that we are all gay.
:hmmyes:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

She's been at it for years.

Yeah but recently she's in mask off mode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

loving Birdo was trans in what 88? I was a kid and I just rolled with. Get over that poo poo nintendo

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

as best as I can figure they are having a culture war over paper mario: the thousand year door

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Speaking of JKR, Joss Whedon liked a bunch of her transphobic tweets

https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1279583657544626177

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

T-man posted:

Rubbing my HRT tittides and taking my antidepressants to own the TERFs. Ladies, gentlemen, et. al join me

i had big titties even before HRT because antidepressants made me fat, where does that place me on the jkr scale

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

goblin week posted:

i had big titties even before HRT because antidepressants made me fat, where does that place me on the jkr scale

*putting away titty calipers* .69 genders, an excellent showing. make sure to do 4 and 1/5th crimes every day to keep the gayness levels in check.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

T-man posted:

You must be extremely well appointed in the boob and antidepressant department if everyone is supposed to join you in doing that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well in this context HRT stands for "Heavy, Round, Toight"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tits Across America had a way better turnout.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Well in this context HRT stands for "Heavy, Round, Toight"

I didn't know jake peralta had come out and also merged with hitchcock to form some horrifying self-fonding trans

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
People, cupping people....

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm on antidepressants but not hormone pills, does this mean I'm nb now?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, I broke my finger about two weeks back. I went to emergency, I wore a mask, and cooperated with all necessary screening.

And I got a drill through the nail to reduce swelling, x-rays, a splint, and a prescription for antibiotics and T3s because I wasn't posing a potential danger to the doctors and nurses.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RoboRodent posted:

You know, I broke my finger about two weeks back. I went to emergency, I wore a mask, and cooperated with all necessary screening.

And I got a drill through the nail to reduce swelling, x-rays, a splint, and a prescription for antibiotics and T3s because I wasn't posing a potential danger to the doctors and nurses.

Ughhh I hated the drill-through-the-nail

I got a gout of blood like they struck oil and immediately I started laughing maniacally

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Ughhh I hated the drill-through-the-nail

I got a gout of blood like they struck oil and immediately I started laughing maniacally

I think my reaction when the doctor told me what she was going to do was "you're gonna do what?????"

Sounded a lot worse than it was, though.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Jamie Faith posted:

Speaking of JKR, Joss Whedon liked a bunch of her transphobic tweets

Being a sketchy-rear end feminist ally is apparently a bellwether for being a TERF piece of poo poo. It shouldn't surprise me that people who are bad at respecting women are also bad a respecting trans folks, but in the back of my brain is always the little voice that goes well, maybe he didn't mean to imply that infertile women are monsters and maybe the fact that he fired that one actress when she got pregnant is a coincidence, after all, he says he's a feminist!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: the TERFs.

I can kinda sorta understand their bigotry. (long story short, as I understand it it's a eww boys are icky, no boys allowed in our superduper special magical white middle class "feminist" club. Also no women of colour or gay people or poor people unless they completely agree with us and act subservient.) It's hateful, and evil, and wrong. But I can understand it's logic. There's also the peripheral, "only real women can have babies", "trans women are all paedophilic male rapists trying to trick us into letting them have a piss next to us" etc. which is just as hateful and wrong. gently caress the TERFs.

But what I can't and never will understand is how dedicated to their hate they seem to be. Linehan lost his job, his wife, his twitter, and any sort of professional respect he may have earned over a long career just because he hates trans women. He had multiple opportunities to wind back the hate, he could just have stopped tweeting about it and instead tweeted about cheese sandwiches or something. But no, he and Rowling and others of their ilk seem to make it their entire life to hate trans people. Why? Surely you have other things to do in your day. Or even why be so hateful so often?

Even most racists have learned that it is not helpful to yell "I hate the loving N******s" 7 times a day out your window at nobody in particular. Yet that was what Linehan was doing, and now JK Rowling. Fair enough, you are a hatelful middle aged bigot. It's a sad fact but the world is full of them. Just shut the gently caress up about it, and go on with your day. There's no need to harrass and dehumanize normal boring law abiding trans folk every second of their lives.

And also, (but this I suppose works for all flavours of bigotry), but I can guarantee that none of the vocal fuckwitted TERFs have ever met a trans person in real life. Coz if they had, they would realize that they are just normal people trying to live their lives, and not the evil "gender traitor" demons kidnapping kids to throw in their conversion cubes and raping ovary-having women in the Ladies room that they think they are.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you go around saying the N word the majority of people think you're a racist oval office.

If you go around saying transgender women are a danger to cis women and/or throwing around the T word the majority of people either don't really get what you're on about and don't have enough of an opinion on the matter to really care that much one way or the other, or think that kind of language is still acceptable and/or funny.

It doesn't provoke the same backlash as racism when it really ought to, and that's part of the problem.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

BrigadierSensible posted:

And also, (but this I suppose works for all flavours of bigotry), but I can guarantee that none of the vocal fuckwitted TERFs have ever met a trans person in real life. Coz if they had, they would realize that they are just normal people trying to live their lives, and not the evil "gender traitor" demons kidnapping kids to throw in their conversion cubes and raping ovary-having women in the Ladies room that they think they are.

They aren't interested in meeting trans people or knowing more about them because they believe they know all that their is to know. Any meeting would not have been significant enough to develop empathy or understanding.

Terfs believe trans people are dangerous sexual deviants, and/or trying to undermine what it means to be a woman. I haven't seen anywhere near as much fear or frustration about female to male transitions.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheMostFrench posted:

They aren't interested in meeting trans people or knowing more about them because they believe they know all that their is to know. Any meeting would not have been significant enough to develop empathy or understanding.

Terfs believe trans people are dangerous sexual deviants, and/or trying to undermine what it means to be a woman. I haven't seen anywhere near as much fear or frustration about female to male transitions.

I read a good paper in a masculinities class that was about trans men's experiences at work after transitioning. They were almost universally treated with more respect (one worked in a law office as a receptionist and had several clients tell him that he was much better "than the last girl"). African American men were the only ones who felt short shrifted in their treatment post transition, being treated like "angry black man" stereotypes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheMostFrench posted:

there's a growing amount of fear about trans men, actually, but it shows differently. you don't see sexual predator bullshit, instead you see concern for "women" giving up their ability to give birth before they've really considered it. (The rapid-onset gender dysphoria stuff that TERFs talk about is also for trans men, while autogynephilia is the similar transphobic academia that TERFs use against trans women.) That's the thing, a lot of transphobia is the unwillingness to treat trans people as their real genders, and instead extending concerns about their assigned sex at birth, as if the trans people in question haven't already thought about that and worked through it themselves.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/rat_dyke/status/1279648442747363328

Rat is not the idiot

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Reminds me of this (very) good tweet:

https://twitter.com/chawleeknight/status/1185048782783700992

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Arivia posted:

The rapid-onset gender dysphoria stuff that TERFs talk about

the rapid onset poo poo "amuses" me bc my own experience and that of many, if not a majority, of my transmasc friends has been exactly the terf-decried "one person in a friends group comes out and then they ALL catch the trans" and it's been, to a man, bc we didn't think of "trans man" as a thing that exists, much less a thing we could be; and the weird relationship with the world which we're subsequently identifying, one by one, as gender dysphoria was one of the traits we shared which helped forge our friendships, so no poo poo we all caught it

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

BrigadierSensible posted:

But what I can't and never will understand is how dedicated to their hate they seem to be. Linehan lost his job, his wife, his twitter, and any sort of professional respect he may have earned over a long career just because he hates trans women. He had multiple opportunities to wind back the hate, he could just have stopped tweeting about it and instead tweeted about cheese sandwiches or something. But no, he and Rowling and others of their ilk seem to make it their entire life to hate trans people. Why? Surely you have other things to do in your day. Or even why be so hateful so often?

Even most racists have learned that it is not helpful to yell "I hate the loving N******s" 7 times a day out your window at nobody in particular. Yet that was what Linehan was doing, and now JK Rowling. Fair enough, you are a hatelful middle aged bigot. It's a sad fact but the world is full of them. Just shut the gently caress up about it, and go on with your day. There's no need to harrass and dehumanize normal boring law abiding trans folk every second of their lives.
For Rowling, it's the Hollywood bubble. No one in real life ever says she's wrong to her face, so when people online criticize her, they must all be trolls. I guarantee that if someone approached her in an elevator or something, she'd hem and haw and then write something vicious later because she's a coward. Just look at how quickly she shut up when Stephen King (another rich/famous person, aka someone whose opinion she actually cares about) disagreed with her.

Linehan is a weird one because he seems addicted to attention. Like, actually psychologically addicted, to the point where it's ruined his life. He's a poo poo person and I don't feel particularly bad for him, but dude should probably get some therapy. If things had gone differently and he'd gotten internet famous for being rabidly anti-Semitic or something instead of a transphobe, I have no doubt he'd be posting memes about the International Cabal of Jews or how white Christians are the real persecuted minority or whatever. He doesn't care whose life he ruins as long as he gets those sweet sweet mentions.

I don't know enough about media history to say for sure, but I'm sure there were TV/radio/movie personalities in the 50s and 60s who went all in on the segregation thing and saw their careers crash and burn as well.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

You must be extremely well appointed in the boob and antidepressant department if everyone is supposed to join you in doing that.
*The Gamesmaster Anthony post but about T-Man's tiddies and pills*

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Knormal posted:

*The Gamesmaster Anthony post but about T-Man's tiddies and pills*

BRING IT IN, COMRADES!

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow
Can we post wholesome IOSM or is this thread just for naming and shaming chuds?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cat Potency posted:

Can we post wholesome IOSM or is this thread just for naming and shaming chuds?

The goose in the background just brings it all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A group named 'Binary' making the claim that gender theory is actually about very limited viewpoints is :kiss: irony.