Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

I assume there's some gender specific voiced dialogue that would have made decoupling the difficult this late in the production

it feels like if this was true you could solve it with a solution that fuckin kickstarted battletech game found and just select your pronouns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That will probably be what happens if they architected the game well. It should be fairly easy to assign pronouns via implementing variables into the stores of text that call out to a given set of keys based on player selection. Anything audible is likely set in stone as the sheer amount of work and cost required to re-record, encode, implement, and tweak timing to make things fit is likely not a feasible route. Though if they’re allowing for multiple takes based on prey player’s choice then it might be able to be decoupled. All said they should have considered this from the start, especially given that they already let you pick and choose everything else as a central theme of the game.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie was driving the warthog in Halo 1's last mission and it was the greatest thing :allears:

V's driving now

edit: oh they switched again

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Woolie driving like grandma swamp and then V drifting that poo poo around pillars and kicking off walls was such an amazing contrast.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Episode 69 of CSB, oh no, woolie has been infected by the eggzecutable disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinw63ulsSg&hd=1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You can tell Giantbomb is pathetic when they're still playing Skyrim in 2020.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Grouchio posted:

You can tell Giantbomb is pathetic when they're still playing Skyrim in 2020.

ok

e: wait did you not realize that video is from eight years ago??????

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's grouchio, so, probably

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arist posted:

e: wait did you not realize that video is from eight years ago??????
Nope, for stupid reasons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol evo exploded and skullgirls deftly dodges making it to the main stage yet again

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

lol evo exploded and skullgirls deftly dodges making it to the main stage yet again

Skullgirls is absolutely cursed

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Podcast on monday is going to hit 6 hours.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

miniscule12 posted:

Podcast on monday is going to hit 6 hours.

Yeah, between Mike Z, MrWiz, Smash, and DOTA (apparently), it's going to be a big, depressing mess.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie and Reggie turn 10 minutes of gameplay into 50 mostly by talking about fetish play

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie and Reggie turn 10 minutes of gameplay into 50 mostly by talking about fetish play

Reggie knows his footsies well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
literally the woolie hole

https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyHeadstrongLardTwitchRaid

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Did Woolie ever play through MK11 Aftermath? I wanted to hear his reaction to how dirty they did his boy Kotal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Literally the Woolie Hole

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Revolver Ocelot

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've begun to catch up to the twitch TTYD streams, and my okay yeah Reggie NEEDS to learn how to continue dancing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half posted:

I've begun to catch up to the twitch TTYD streams, and my okay yeah Reggie NEEDS to learn how to continue dancing.

introducing Mario's newest partner, Mr. Snip-Snip

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like how Woolie compared Zess T's cooking to Breath of the Wild then immediately concluded it must have a chance to fail upon getting a mistake and blamed Zess T.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

He’ll probably get emails or tweets explaining how it works

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Faced with a wrestler called "Rock," Woolie's choice of voice is of course, "Hogan."

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm really enjoying the "split-screen" Halo run they have going. It's the best of both worlds, Woolie and LittleV get a bunch of cool lore to dig down into, and the viewers get a second perspective that actually looks around and takes in all the cool scenery while Woolie is off who knows where staring down at the ground at a 45 degree angle

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Woolie's LP of the thousand year door is goddamn incredible, it's amazing. Bernie Goomba is amazing. Vice Mcmahon too hahaha

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.

SgtSteel91 posted:

He’ll probably get emails or tweets explaining how it works

The Twitch chat has been trying their best to get him to learn there are recipes, it might be a gag at this point

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw this now from one of the channels I'm subscribed too, nice going Woolie!

(This is a great FGC/fighting game documentary channel by the way, they recently uploaded a great documentary about Killer Instinct 2013 which I recommend even if you're not into fighting games)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So I resisted watching Woolie's KOTOR2 LP for its entire duration because I'm extremely worried that given how poisoned his views on Star Wars have been by Grey Jedi Wank that he's going to buy into Kreia's bullshit instead of getting that the entire point of the story is how wrong and horrible she is. But since I have a lot of spare time the next couple weeks I decided I'd give it a chance.

Then I got to Episode 12 and based on its contents I feel like I'm going to end up hating myself if I keep watching it because Woolie's going to give Kreia a standing ovation for her scheme and declare that this was the True Star Wars All Along like Zach Synder failing to understand that Watchmen was a deconstruction. If I'm wrong feel free to spoil me so I have some reason not to drop this LP like a rock.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 5, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

So I resisted watching Woolie's KOTOR2 LP for its entire duration because I'm extremely worried that given how poisoned his views on Star Wars have been by Grey Jedi Wank that he's going to buy into Kreia's bullshit instead of getting that the entire point of the story is how wrong and horrible she is. But since I have a lot of spare time the next couple weeks I decided I'd give it a chance.

Then I got to Episode 12 and based on its contents I feel like I'm going to end up hating myself if I keep watching it because Woolie's going to give Kreia a standing ovation for her scheme and declare that this was the True Star Wars All Along like Zach Synder failing to understand that Watchmen was a deconstruction. If I'm wrong feel free to spoil me so I have some reason not to drop this LP like a rock.

Woolie fucks up a skill check in episode 43, Kreia's hair gets cut short and he's fully on her side from that point.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kreia Rules

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Whats not to love about someone who's such a complete nihilist that they'll use you as a tool to forment galactic-scale genocide? Truly a philosopher for our time.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Yes but from a certain point of view the Jedi are evil

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The point of Kreia isn't whether she's right or wrong it's that regardless of whatever points she may have, her solution to them would be the greatest death toll of any Star Wars villain, and you have to prevent that. LV underlines that she is, in the end, Sith, not Grey Whatever.

The actual tiresome Star Wars opinion of the LP is that they are both Last Jedi haters.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rody One Half posted:

The point of Kreia isn't whether she's right or wrong it's that regardless of whatever points she may have, her solution to them would be the greatest death toll of any Star Wars villain, and you have to prevent that. LV underlines that she is, in the end, Sith, not Grey Whatever.

The actual tiresome Star Wars opinion of the LP is that they are both Last Jedi haters.

The fact that being the Biggest Evil is the inevitable end of Kreia's philosophy and therefore her philosophy is wrong actually IS the entire point. Her philosophy sounded reasonable because it was meant to, she's the Slippery Slope Incarnate and her whole purpose is to illustrate to "Can't we just have to cool Darkside Powers without the Sith philosophy?!" Star Wars fans, like Woolie, that no, you cannot. Using the dark side of the Force necessitates embracing a philosophy that will ultimately drat you, even if that philosophy is supposedly different than the Sith and supposedly addresses the flaws in the Jedi's ways. Grey Is Bullshit is the core of KOTOR2, and I would argue it was the underpinning of Jolee's character arc in KOTOR1.

Considering that desperately wanting Grey to be A Thing and being mad that the film soundly rejected it was the beating heart of Woolie's contempt for Last Jedi, I'd hoped that that message might have penetrated, but it sounds like LV did exactly what Pat did before him and steered Woolie's perception of Star Wars' moral themes in a lovely direction.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The most tiresome Star Wars opinion is whatever Pat's opinion is

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Roth posted:

The most tiresome Star Wars opinion is whatever Pat's opinion is

After the Vader Comic Debacle on the Podcast I have sworn off ever watching anything in which Pat even mentions Star Wars.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie's words at the end of the LP is "Kreia is evil as gently caress, but I understand where you're coming from. You're just going at it the completely wrong way."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Tae posted:

Woolie's words at the end of the LP is "Kreia is evil as gently caress, but I understand where you're coming from. You're just going at it the completely wrong way."

Right. LP dropped then. Thanks for saving me like 90 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The most tiresome Star Wars opinion is a star wars opinion