Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lots of pictures of people drinking and I would even say cavorting in the street without much mitigation apparent. But emergency services seem to say they aren't bothered. Not everyone seems to have died two weeks after black lives mattered and we all were allowed down the park again. I guess its all fine now.

The science would very much suggest that it isn't but hey what does science know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
maybe science should focus on doing something helpful rather than just sitting there tutting. Like I dunno genetically engineer corona to be a bit more obvious, turn people blue or something, so we can all know and avoid it. Its the not knowing thats the worst.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lots of pictures of people drinking and I would even say cavorting in the street without much mitigation apparent. But emergency services seem to say they aren't bothered. Not everyone seems to have died two weeks after black lives mattered and we all were allowed down the park again. I guess its all fine now.

It just doesn't transmit well outdoors.

It'll be all the people who a cramming into pubs indoors that are going to create the 5 figure body count.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

https://twitter.com/JustinTallis/status/1279528744789696513?s=20

Yeah, that gives me the heebies.

I mean I got that about the BLM protests but they had lots of mask wearing and attempted social distancing and are significantly more important than going to the pub.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

That video of Soho. Jesus gently caress, London

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it was always going to happen. people complain about gammons but young people do not give a single poo poo about social distancing and don't think they can catch the virus

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I liked but did not understand the little police turret they had in the middle.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

it was always going to happen. people complain about gammons but young people do not give a single poo poo about social distancing and don't think they can catch the virus

Oh I know. 200 "young adults" were dispersed from an illegal rave held near where I live last night.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Maybe that's because BLM wasn't huddling in groups of 5 in the bogs bumping beak off of each other's hands

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

The science would very much suggest that it isn't but hey what does science know

fridge corn's gimmick is to argue disingenously about stuff he doesn't actually believe in or really care about

99's gimmick appears much the same, but with severe head trauma

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Natalie Fartman posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinTallis/status/1279528744789696513?s=20

Yeah, that gives me the heebies.

I mean I got that about the BLM protests but they had lots of mask wearing and attempted social distancing and are significantly more important than going to the pub.

Haven't you heard? Covid is over

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I must say it's a massive relief that the government has seen fit to reopen pubs.

I was getting seriously concerned that they were saying the lives of millions of people was more important than my right to get drunk and letch at bar staff.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

deported to Canada posted:

I must say it's a massive relief that the government has seen fit to reopen pubs.

I was getting seriously concerned that they were saying the lives of millions of people was more important than my right to get drunk and letch at bar staff.

This is exactly why you was deported to Canada in the first place.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Is the government's new slogan "enjoy summer safely"? Do we not even have to stay alert any more?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

People need to get some personal responsibility. You can't expect the govt to tell you exactly what to do when to do it. If people are worried about COVID then limit your exposure to other people. If you don't care, then go to the pubs. Easy.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

fridge corn's gimmick is to argue disingenously about stuff he doesn't actually believe in or really care about

99's gimmick appears much the same, but with severe head trauma

Is this true fridge corn.

I dont want to belive this is true.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Boris is set to ban Huawei entirely from the UK 5G network. Should have been done months ago but at least it's happening now.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Is this true fridge corn.

I dont want to belive this is true.

I'm sorry but a poster must never willingly reveal their gimmick. I'm afraid you'll just have to decide for yourself ;)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The newspapers and media commentators are all visibly disappointed that yesterday's pub reopenings failed to result in shameful and unacceptable scenes of drunken excess lol.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NGC773 posted:

People need to get some personal responsibility. You can't expect the govt to tell you exactly what to do when to do it. If people are worried about COVID then limit your exposure to other people. If you don't care, then go to the pubs. Easy.

this is dumb. i dont get a choice with who i interact with because of my job. i don't want to be exposed to a bunch of idiots who got wasted and caught covid-19 from a big street party.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

All of my many friends on Facebook and WhatsApp are going on about how they'd never go to the pub right now, how abhorrent. Really before I can go I need to catch one of them doing it. I have a pretty good idea about which ones to surveil.

Passed a few sensible looking beer gardens this afternoon.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I get that a lot of people aren't keen on going to the pub right now but some of my friends are being insufferably pious about it. I might visit my local and post pics on Facebook just to spite them.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

did you guys clap for the NHS

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
i applied for a job in munich in a last ditch to gently caress this country off and I keep streetviewing munich now and I know I'm not going to get it but I can dream

If I do get it my last post in this threat will be me stood by the gates to the willy wonka factory, looking hungry

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pistol_Pete posted:

I get that a lot of people aren't keen on going to the pub right now but some of my friends are being insufferably pious about it. I might visit my local and post pics on Facebook just to spite them.

Dying of the rona to own your friends. I fully encourage you to do this.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
We had a group of regulars come in and have some drinks and watch the football and then went to see if there was another pub that wasn't so strict about distancing and which doors you could enter/exit through. They came back a few hours later to say they'd been to one that had no distancing and it made them feel uncomfortable and another where it was so strict and regimented that they might as well have just gone home and drank there and that maybe we had a happy medium at ours instead.

So thanks guys, for telling me you've come from a pub that had such poor social distancing that you felt afraid to stay there and then in the same day came back to hang out near me. Cheers for that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bar the disloyal diseased buggers

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Sunswipe posted:

Dying of the rona to own your friends. I fully encourage you to do this.

Pistol_Pete posted:

being insufferably pious about it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah do it to own us too.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Went to a few pubs in Norwich and it was chill. Hardly surprising though, people from Norfolk have always been begging for an excuse to avoid contact with strangers so COVID has been a blessing for them.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the pious people not catching and spreading a deadly disease which so far has killed 65,000 people in the uk really suck :argh:

Musical Vomit
Feb 14, 2009

goldenninjawarrior posted:

We had a group of regulars come in and have some drinks and watch the football and then went to see if there was another pub that wasn't so strict about distancing and which doors you could enter/exit through. They came back a few hours later to say they'd been to one that had no distancing and it made them feel uncomfortable and another where it was so strict and regimented that they might as well have just gone home and drank there and that maybe we had a happy medium at ours instead.

So thanks guys, for telling me you've come from a pub that had such poor social distancing that you felt afraid to stay there and then in the same day came back to hang out near me. Cheers for that.

I heard a similar story about my old local back home. The only difference is that when they returned, they told how they started a fight at the other bar with another group as they noticed that group B were not adhering to the social distancing.

Great job, lads. Top bloody job.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

grow the gently caress up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I suspect his tongue was somewhat in his cheek when he said that.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
You know what doc? I might be choking on my lung soup and you are about to ram a hardened plastic tube down my throat (not to mention multiple people I transmitted this on my way here and possibly you and the staff) but I showed both my Facebook friends and the goons...heh...heh...cough...cough...

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Besides the crowd in Soho and possibly Shoreditch (?), I haven't heard much about raging crowds except those random rear end illegal street raves popping up. I think a couple of policemen got wounded while trying to disperse one in White City but, eh, could've been worse (Arrested Development Narrator Voice: It got worse)

My FB feed is full of people posting pictures of them outside in pubs etc. but it doesn't seem too appealing at this point. Maybe in a couple of weeks for me.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Galewolf posted:

I think a couple of policemen got wounded while trying to disperse one in White City but, eh, could've been worse

drat right, the policemen could have gotten away uninjured.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I was referring to the people being shitheels :v:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Whybird posted:

drat right, the policemen could have gotten away uninjured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
We had a group of like 30 18/19 year olds take one half of the bar yesterday and for a few hours were fine and kept to tables of six and sanitised their hands when they came back from having a cigarette etc. and then after a while they'd had a few pints and just decided that social distancing wasn't really for them and every time I went to check on the smoking area they were all clumped together in a big group and I yelled at them to split apart and find other places to congregate away from one another and they wouldn't listen so eventually we just had to bar them all because they just weren't getting it. They moved into the park to wrestle each other.

Some of them came back later and as soon as they came in the door we told them no they'd been trouble earlier so they weren't getting served and they weren't coming in and they kicked off a bit about how it wasn't them specifically in the group that had been trouble and that if we didn't serve them it was "like guilt by association". That's right, I have neither the time or energy to figure out which specific members of your dozens of friends were trying to see how many people you could cram into a toilet cubicle and who was sick in the sink. Pick less obnoxious friends to go to the pub with.

Yes the power to decide who gets to drink and who does not based on whether they follow my instructions has immediately gone to my head.