Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i will never not stan the nissan cube. that poo poo was so goofy but at least they tried to do something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

We got a Mazda 3 which has been pretty good. My buddy has a Corolla hatchback that he likes a lot too but I don't like the CVT

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ugh I'm probably going to have to replace my entire front bumper because the explosion destroyed the plastic clamp that held it to the body

fireworks, baby!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
or you could buy the clip for $5.27
just throwin it out there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also if a bottle rocket destroyed your bumper that bad i would probably not trust your life to it

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

President Beep posted:

if i were looking for a compact hatchback I’d check out the honda fit.

i loved the poo poo outa my fit

such a good little car

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

also if a bottle rocket destroyed your bumper that bad i would probably not trust your life to it

nah it was one of those multi-mortars that come in a box. friend who lit it put it on the pavement upside down so the first shot launched it into the air and on its side facing my car. second shot went under and i guess bounced around and blew the clip off

and yeah now that i'm looking at it there's gotta be a way to get another clip and epoxy it onto the bumper somehow. the bumper (cover) itself is fine

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
idea: a star trek spinoff called “that’s our nagus!!” that exclusively follows the exploits of grand nagus zek played by wallace shaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnSXczOmO8g

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
if y’all aren’t getting suburus. what are you getting?

also are there any tall goons, what do y’all drive?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
motherfucking ford expedition. 20 mpg, portable house, leather seats and a TV

i drive like 50 miles a month so who gives a gently caress

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue. it is the least exciting care imaginable, but it is completely paid off and has required no major repairs.

hitting 100k miles this summer and not getting rid of it any time soon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we rented a rogue while visiting some folks out of state since we needed a ride for a week and it was not eventful but decent for mileage and comfort esp with the assisted driving features

the size was not too bad all told which made parking easy since we both drive sedans

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

freeasinbeer posted:

honda civic type r because i’m :rice:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my wife has a rogue. it’s a tall station wagon and suits needs well.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
let me rephrase that, what’s the best car in the mid size suv market. I’m giving up an 09 Jeep Liberty and liked something along those lines.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

anything is a step up from a cerberus jeep lol

safest and most boring answer is a rav-4

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
had a few things that needed my personal attention at the office, so i went in today on sunday for a couple of hours when nobody else was there. nice to just bang it out, not have to worry about taking phone calls or dealing with emails or anything. maybe i'll start an hour late a couple days this week. we'll see

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Some churches around me are going to open up again august 15/16th. That's a good sign I guess for being able to go out and do things again. (not american).

Dating apps don't work so I'm going to try going to church to meet women. Don't know how well that's going to work yet but tinder sure isn't getting me anywhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Methanar posted:

Some churches around me are going to open up again august 15/16th. That's a good sign I guess for being able to go out and do things again. (not american).

Dating apps don't work so I'm going to try going to church to meet women. Don't know how well that's going to work yet but tinder sure isn't getting me anywhere.

uh what country are you in tho

also church’s started opening here two weeks ago with strict social distancing rules and I’d reckon that’s gonna be the thing that fucks Michigan

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i drive a 1986 kuwahara sprint road bike

and a 2012 honda cr-v

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

PIZZA.BAT posted:

nah it was one of those multi-mortars that come in a box. friend who lit it put it on the pavement upside down so the first shot launched it into the air and on its side facing my car.

And this is why we can't have nice things

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

freeasinbeer posted:

let me rephrase that, what’s the best car in the mid size suv market. I’m giving up an 09 Jeep Liberty and liked something along those lines.

rav4 or crv.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, those are solid recommendations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
an old pal lives in bangkok and they're back to normal as of friday

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

an old pal lives in bangkok and they're back to normal as of friday

not for long, if america has anything to say about that

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I’m 2m. am I gonna fit?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

freeasinbeer posted:

I’m 2m. am I gonna fit?

in bankok? dunno. never been.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my last car was a civic and the car before that was a civic. I'm 6'1" and never had a problem with them being too small

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

didn’t know they stacked posts that high!

XD

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

my last car was a civic and the car before that was a civic. I'm 6'1" and never had a problem with them being too small

modern civics are regular cars like any other. they're nothing like the old days when they were tin cans that didn't have power steering because they were so light that they didn't need it

e:
https://giant.gfycat.com/ValidWavyBlackbear.webm

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 6, 2020

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

freeasinbeer posted:

I bought a 2016 Chevy Trax four months ago and it's been great. I don't miss my civic at all.q

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
'13 gti. every month and get a letter from the dealer offering to buy it back for $100 less than the month before. down to 7800 now.

my next car will be a full electric of some sort i think

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The_Franz posted:

modern civics are regular cars like any other. they're nothing like the old days when they were tin cans that didn't have power steering because they were so light that they didn't need it

e:
https://giant.gfycat.com/ValidWavyBlackbear.webm

i used to have one of these. 60HP with a Hondamatic transmission

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

freeasinbeer posted:

also are there any tall goons, what do y’all drive?

tall Subaru-owning goon, checking in (it’s a forester)

e: I’m 6’5” which Siri tells me is 1.96m

vanilla slimfast fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 6, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah i'll never buy subaru again. AWD is cool but guess what every manufacturer has it now.

I've had no problems at all with my Outback in six years other than replacing a set of tires and brake pads. That's it. Only thing I've done.

A lot of oil burning problems with the 2010+ engines were because of people not taking the break-in recommendations seriously.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i had an impreza and the cvt was a-okay for me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

also my new metric to check out how broke someone is, is to look at the tires on their car, people overbuying never budget for that poo poo.

Saw a jacked up truck with giant wheels / low profile tires once and it looked like he was running racing slicks.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ugh, trucks with hosed with suspension aways murder tires. that poo poo’s all about presentation anyway, so tires with tread on them are a secondary concern.

I’ve cut my hands on so many worn out tires with the steel wires poking through.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've had no problems at all with my Outback in six years other than replacing a set of tires and brake pads. That's it. Only thing I've done.

A lot of oil burning problems with the 2010+ engines were because of people not taking the break-in recommendations seriously.

my parents bought a 2019 forester as their first new car since 1978. that thing is basically the perfect a-to-b vehicle: it gets better mileage than many sedans, can carry quite a bit, moves quickly enough when you step on the gas and the awd system is amazing. i drove that thing in the middle of the night during a blizzard, before any plows were out, and not once did i ever feel the wheels lose traction. i actually tried to get that thing to slide in the snow and ice and you have to be really aggressive just to get it to break free for a brief moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i drive a 2011 mr. honda's civic op, one of the last good ones before they got heavier and full of the devil's computer