Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1278459684886806528
The thing which sticks out in my mind upon seeing this is the post SRA made a couple years ago when he made his (brief) return to the thread by saying he'd "suck whatever horrible cock it took to pay his people".

The sponsor sucks but, if it helps Corey/GoFas, I'll learn to live with it.
Casey LaJoie basically said it was a decision that was way above Corey's head, so probably the owner considering GoFas is like 20 guys. For a team like that I don't hold it against the guys. I would suspect that the majority of the NASCAR demo is also a Trump demo so I don't really get the advertising strategy there. If the Biden campaign were smart they'd go find another back marker team and throw some cash at them and make a battle of the candidates or some dumb poo poo. Unfortunately they'd probably end up on like JJ Yeley's car and be in the garage after 25 laps but at least there'd be a little pre-race hype. I think JJ is probably in the best of rest of unsponsored rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Coming to the pits for four Goodyears and a tank of Sunoco race fuel is JJ Yelley in his Jo Jorgensen for President car.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh no it's Corey Lajoie hard in the wall, who could have possibly forseen that hard right turn right after the beginning of his race

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GD_American posted:

Oh no it's Corey Lajoie hard in the wall, who could have possibly forseen that hard right turn right after the beginning of his race

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

IMS may be the happiest entity in the world that COVID is a thing. Not only has this led them to an intriguing NASCAR/IndyCar doubleheader, but it's going to be in the mid-90s this weekend throughout the Midwest and, if they'd had fans, I'd shudder to see how bad the attendance was for the two NASCAR races.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1279182888823447552?s=21

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that sucks, what a lovely final season for jimmie.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well that's probably not good since I assume most of the drivers time these last few months has been directly around their pit crews and other drivers...

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well that's probably not good since I assume most of the drivers time these last few months has been directly around their pit crews and other drivers...

Plus he was asymptomatic. I read an ESPN story on it this morning and apparently his wife had allergy like symptoms which turned out to be COVID and Jimmie has not had any symptoms so there is a chance he was spreading it around a little if they were chalking his wife's symptoms up to allergies at first. I'm hoping it might be OK though because I'm assuming they are testing fairly often at the track, I would hope. So if they tested him before last week's races and there wasn't anything and then he had a positive test this week maybe he wasn't around the crews and other drivers?

E: it will interesting to see what a young-ish up and coming driver does with that 48 car too. The rest of Hendrick seems to be doing pretty well and Jimmie has been better here and there when he isn't crashing himself out of the lead but it will be fun to watch Allgaier basically audition for the seat for next year.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 4, 2020

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

bigbillystyle posted:

I'm hoping it might be OK though because I'm assuming they are testing fairly often at the track, I would hope.

Nope!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Really? I don't remember the specifics of how they were handling things back at the beginning. Are they really not testing everybody at least before each race weekend? Taking the 'can't have positive tests if we don't test' approach?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

Really? I don't remember the specifics of how they were handling things back at the beginning. Are they really not testing everybody at least before each race weekend? Taking the 'can't have positive tests if we don't test' approach?

They're just doing temp checks

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
xfinity running on rain tires lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

xfinity running on rain tires lol

:hellyeah:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

xfinity cars look like a bunch of old ladies driving to church after seeing indy on the same track.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

9 laps in of NBC coverage and I already miss the FOX scoring pylon on the side of the screen.

E: and now NBC has it. Much better than the top one.

Douchebag fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 4, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

big nipples big life posted:

xfinity cars look like a bunch of old ladies driving to church after seeing indy on the same track.

this is still the best race so far imo

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
XFINITY CARS HAVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS??!?!??!!?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Vasukhani posted:

XFINITY CARS HAVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS??!?!??!!?

Only if there's a threat of rain/its raining.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
also like nascar black flagging the only two drivers capable of a right turn

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vasukhani posted:

this is still the best race so far imo

oh i'd rather watch this than stock cars on the indy oval any day.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AJ should have dumped the 22

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

just put the cup cars on this track tomorrow, gently caress the oval. that ruled

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

just put the cup cars on this track tomorrow, gently caress the oval. that ruled

yes, they could even race if it rained if they'd do that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thank you, Tommy Joe Martins, for sacrificing your car so that we could have that kickin' finish.

The Croc posted:

Only if there's a threat of rain/its raining.

In theory. In practice, they leave them on as they help aero even if it's not raining.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Good finish but that seemed really out of character for Wallmendinger getting beat up like that in the last laps.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alligator was HMS' callup all along in case one of their drivers went down:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1279545066646839298

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that finish was :krad:, even if Dinger and Cindric's battle pretty much giftwrapped Briscoe the win

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That was some Montreal-level race finish

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
lmao they nearly killed a pitman, idiot race, idiots

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Vasukhani posted:

lmao they nearly killed a pitman, idiot race, idiots

two dumb to drive at indy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This sport getting violent

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

eat poo poo lajoie

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hunnert car pileup posted:

eat poo poo lajoie

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Indy is never a good race. It’s generally an interesting race

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think the issue with Indy is once the mystique wore off, it plays out like a generic 1.5 mile track. Gods know we have enough of those, so it's pretty boring comparatively.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

'97 was a pretty good race, but the '08 debacle was the beginning of the end. A lot of people locally were also pissed about JPM getting hosed a year later. Weird to think in the early '00s that it definitely felt bigger than the Indy 500 for a time.

also the gofash car wrecking in the pits to own the libs is still funny

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 6, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this package and this track is a match made in hell

bring on the roval next year

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

why do these cars still have a splitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU