Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Also accusation against choco, the melty blood guy, i put it in a url because uhh its pretty rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blazblue also has multiple language dubs yeah? Which adds to the bloat if you can't selective download the language you prefer

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

Blazblue also has multiple language dubs yeah? Which adds to the bloat if you can't selective download the language you prefer

cf is japanese language only, it's entirely uncompressed video

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
choco is not only admitting to it but is trying the exciting new tactic of 'actually the 15 year old molested ME'

https://twitter.com/ChocoIncognito/status/1279879894743175168

great guy there.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 5, 2020

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Endorph posted:

Also accusation against choco, the melty blood guy, i put it in a url because uhh its pretty rough

His response is unsurprisingly really bad. (Still keeping it in URL).

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 5, 2020

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Smoking Crow posted:

jwong was triforce's guy for over a decade

he knows things

We ran a promo for Empire Arcadia at our last charity event as part of putting POC FGC creators front and center. I haven't heard anything about him. Should I be aware of things?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

AFashionableHat posted:

We ran a promo for Empire Arcadia at our last charity event as part of putting POC FGC creators front and center. I haven't heard anything about him. Should I be aware of things?

https://twitter.com/HakethKOTB/status/1278878821417021440?s=20

he also thinks the jews run the world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AFashionableHat posted:

I remember stories about Triforce scamming people but nto anything more serious. Might have missed stuff, though.

edit: i missed stuff

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 5, 2020

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

gently caress'S SAKE

thanks guys, I hate it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

AFashionableHat posted:

gently caress'S SAKE

thanks guys, I hate it

if you want a good fgc sponsor run by POC, UYU is the one to get, fyi

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Smoking Crow posted:

if you want a good fgc sponsor run by POC, UYU is the one to get, fyi

It wasn't a sponsorship. More "hey this is a BLM focused charity event and I am a white guy so I'm gonna try to stay offscreen as much as I can and turn the podium over to POC folks". Our entire first day and most of the second day's commentary were POC and we wanted to showcase creators in the FGC scene during breaks, bumpers, etc.; EmpArc had just come back from Africa with a slick little mini-doc that we aired during a break that featured him heavily.

I would not work with/look for sponsorship from any org of which I am aware aside from UYU though, you're right. They seem to be good people and both Fergus and Spag are far and away my favorite people in Tekken.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AFashionableHat posted:

drat you got played

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

The REAL Goobusters posted:

drat you got played

I'm new here. This year, during COVID specifically, is the first time I've paid any attention to the FGC outside of my local Tekken scene, at all. And nobody in my circles knew of any rep.

God dammit.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Smoking Crow posted:

jwong was triforce's guy for over a decade

he knows things

somebody post the pokken gif

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I was somehow unaware of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykIDS42BMEA

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Whoah

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

9:00 AM

On a Wednesday

Qing Dynasty, China

QING EMPEROR: Wuruixang, we need you to go to Japan and find the source of the evil plaguing these lands.

WURUIXANG: OK but I don't want to have to fight a bunch of samurai, I'm just a Feng Shui practitioner, I don't have a lot of fighting skill.

QING EMPEROR: Don't worry, you won't have to fight a bunch of samurai

"Wuruixang Fights A Bunch Of Samurai"

"It's Always Sunny In Nippon"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Welp. :smugjones:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Justin is running sets with Noel on his stream right now.

Hmmm.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gross rear end piece of poo poo.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hmmm.

And I'm banned

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

And I'm banned

Easiest ban I've ever eaten, gently caress Justin Wong

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I haven't played any fighting games in a while and I come back to this thread and wow.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

My BIL just got me to buy a copy of Street Fighter V after he saw Soul Calibur II and Masters of Teras Kasi on my emulation setup.

It's lots of fun playing a modern arcade fighter, but uh... wow. I'm gonna skip anything tournament-ish.

Also I'm considering turning a lovely knockoff PS3 controller into a fightstick, is Sanwa the brand to go to for switches now? I know Happ switches were like the original US arcade controls, did they get shittier since the 90s?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

corgski posted:

My BIL just got me to buy a copy of Street Fighter V after he saw Soul Calibur II and Masters of Teras Kasi on my emulation setup.

It's lots of fun playing a modern arcade fighter, but uh... wow. I'm gonna skip anything tournament-ish.

Also I'm considering turning a lovely knockoff PS3 controller into a fightstick, is Sanwa the brand to go to for switches now? I know Happ switches were like the original US arcade controls, did they get shittier since the 90s?

It would be hard for Happ to get shittier than it already was. Just buy Sanwa.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Happ or Happ-styled sticks can still be pretty fun at least, the big chunky bats, but other than that don't do it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno if JWong has ever done anything terrible, but dude's definitely an enabler.

Like, I sincerely believe having a defensive first reaction to being told a friend of yours is a possible abuser is natural. If it isn't I think you're a sociopath or you weren't that close to that person in the first place. Sonicfox is a good example for what I mean, I don't think his answer to the Nakkiel situation is unreasonable, and his answer to the Mike Z situation was pretty good too. But then you have people like Justin that just ignore everything and go about their lives like nothing ever happened and they can justify everything their friends have done because they're their friends, even when there's a lot of evidence pointing towards their pals being poo poo. It's one thing to want to hold them accountable and hope they become better people, it's another thing to just let them be and give them a platform.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PunkBoy posted:

His response is unsurprisingly really bad. (Still keeping it in URL).
holy poo poo he is so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/dormimir/status/1279881439018770432

just gonna admit to going down on a 15yo and simultaneously claim THEY raped ME(the one ten years older than them) and now they've decide to press charges since the statute of limitations is still active, nbd

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hmmm.
man. I have been a huge jwong fan because he often had some amazing matches during marvel 3 at evo. but gently caress him, hope he trips and falls and rolls into a meat grinder. noel can go too.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5n3WsZMko

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Doesn't Wong have a daughter too? You'd think this poo poo would hit extra close to home for him.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 6, 2020

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I don't think I've ever really heard anything lovely about Wong himself, other than his friend group being extremely bad, but considering that it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he at least saw some pretty shady stuff

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I don't think I've ever really heard anything lovely about Wong himself, other than his friend group being extremely bad, but considering that it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he at least saw some pretty shady stuff

He 135% knows about a ton of shady poo poo first-hand. He's been in the scene since he was a child and these guys were bullying his rear end around too from all the stories I've heard. He painted it more nostalgic than a lot of stories I've heard, but he's always been at ground zero. Why do you think everyone's pissed at him without him having to say anything? Everyone knows he knows poo poo and has known this poo poo all along. I mean, from what we know of the stories coming out him knowing and not ever talking about it is probably why he thrived in the scene.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 6, 2020

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Faffel posted:

He 135% knows about a ton of shady poo poo first-hand. He's been in the scene since he was a child and these guys were bullying his rear end around too from all the stories I've heard. He painted it more nostalgic than a lot of stories I've heard, but he's always been at ground zero. Why do you think everyone's pissed at him without him having to say anything? Everyone knows he knows poo poo and has known this poo poo all along. I mean, from what we know of the stories coming out him knowing and not ever talking about it is probably why he thrived in the scene.

That's true yeah. Honestly the fact that he's still playing sets with Noel in 2020 of all things says all you need to know about him. Not even getting into him being friends with Marn still

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

corgski posted:

The Happ parts you knew from the 90s were never made by Happ, they contracted a company called Industrias Lorenzo to make it for them. In the mid-2000s, Happ merged with a Dutch parts company called Suzo and ditched IL to make their own. These are 1000% worse than the IL parts. IL is still around, and you can buy them at paradise arcade or focus attack or whatever

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I know fighting games will live on without these pieces of poo poo because I played soulcalibur 6 with some other drunk morons online all weekend and it was sick

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, definitively. There will always be a bathroom somewhere hosting a Melty Blood side tournament. This is as certain as the heat death of the universe.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Poniard posted:

I know fighting games will live on without these pieces of poo poo because I played soulcalibur 6 with some other drunk morons online all weekend and it was sick

My EVO Moment is just incompetently wailing on the CPU in Mortal Kombat and doing fatalities from a printed out list of inputs.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
gently caress Mr. Wizard. gently caress Infiltration. gently caress Noel Brown. gently caress Justin Wong. gently caress that massive wall of abusers in Smash. gently caress so much of the FGC. I hope it burns down and new people take up the mantle. I don't have anything actually useful to say, I'm just upset and sad.

corgski posted:

Like other people pointed out, Sanwa's probably what you should get, Seimitsu's also really good, and for the stick if the part you liked was the bat top then it's easy to get one that'll screw on in place of the ball the other sticks would come with.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 6, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If anyone is allowed to make it out, don't let LIJoe be a molester or anything next, I need that man's chrome dome and pink v-necks left unsullied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Holy poo poo.

Just wanted to say, I also hate the FGC, everyone in this thread included.