Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

RIP Charlie Daniels.

https://fox17.com/news/local/charlie-daniels-passes-away-after-suffering-stroke

I guess the Devil wins in the end, John boy.

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/1280181037893660678

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rip the Nashville Predator his reign is at an end.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Charlie Daniels is going away!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Probably a Trump supporter.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
gently caress the preds

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Hillary wins again. Benghazi has gone away.

Remember 0-11

https://twitter.com/CharlieDaniels/status/1234457601850716160?s=20

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Atlanta Georgia still remembers 28-3.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had to watch this at work once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAS8jr_d-d8

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He was in his blind
with a wet behind
he was lookin to hold tha seal

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

He absolutely was. Another CHUD bites the dust.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1280184334570393600?s=21

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
RIP i guess

got his start playing in Bob Dylan's "country" records, ended up a Trump chud, thats a boomer right there

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

20 Blunts posted:

RIP i guess

got his start playing in Bob Dylan's "country" records, ended up a Trump chud, thats a boomer right there

were his country records around the time when he was doing his jesus poo poo too

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

He was some kind of ur-Chud. I remember he played a charity concert prolly 15 years ago and about half the songs were about country people working harder than black people, and the other half was basically "Obama ain't taking my guns"

Not to mention he seemed to believe Johnny actually won in Devil Went Down To Georgia.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
thanks for the info

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

were his country records around the time when he was doing his jesus poo poo too

no, funnily enough. Dylan's country is era is kind of him perfecting the basic love/heartbreak song

Charlie Daniels, super american patriot guy, was in a recording session with Bob Dylan as the Vietnam War raged, lol

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
As someone who lives in GA. I'm not happy about this news.

The Persian Funk
Jun 13, 2006

by Athanatos
A true musical genius. A lot of people don't know, but he was nearly as good at guitar as he was at the fiddle.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Omnicarus posted:

He was some kind of ur-Chud. I remember he played a charity concert prolly 15 years ago and about half the songs were about country people working harder than black people, and the other half was basically "Obama ain't taking my guns"

Not to mention he seemed to believe Johnny actually won in Devil Went Down To Georgia.

more like turbochud, he had a website where he said all kinds of dumb racist homophobic poo poo, including one where he implied the government should drop bombs on Floyd protesters in order to "treat them like terrorists" so gently caress him and I hope the devil won

he also described saying the phrase Black Lives Matter as being "the rankest form of apartheid" :eyepop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked loved a few of his songs but man the brain worms really won in the end. gently caress him

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Didn't he get pissed off when his song was added to Guitar Hero because it was so hard it suggested that sometimes the Devil would win?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Didn't he get pissed off when his song was added to Guitar Hero because it was so hard it suggested that sometimes the Devil would win?

He was a loving moron that should be buried and laughed at forever

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sorry that was supposed to be an empty quote I had sigs on

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
drat, Twitter doesn't seem to have a gif of Joker saying "I'm glad you're dead." :(

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Curmudgeonly musical maga chud is dead. ghuahguh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress this guy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gatts posted:

Atlanta Georgia still remembers 28-3.

Extremely same.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

gone down ON georgia

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

sorry that was supposed to be an empty quote I had sigs on

Lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Old guy died rip in peace

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I didn’t know Charlie Daniels was a chud. That loving sucks, but I guess it’s not surprising. :(

:rip: anyway, though. Apart from the racism/homophobia and MAGA poo poo, he was supposedly a super nice dude. Definitely one of the world’s greatest living fiddlers*. One of my friends is a fiddler* and he was apparently a pretty good friend of her’s.

* My classical-music-expert-and-former violin-performance-major dad has informed me that “fiddling” and “playing violin” ARE, in fact, two very different things requiring two very different forms of training. The More You Know! :eng101:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My wife and I got to see him live on our honeymoon.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Cowman posted:

gone down ON georgia

:yeah:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Applewhite posted:

My wife and I got to see him live on our honeymoon.

on purpose?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That dumbass was tweeting about 9-11 and Benghazi two days ago. gently caress you, you only had one good song and you probably stole it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
RIP to a real (racist) one

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
RIP senile redneck

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
One thing I remember about him is that back during the 2012 election he said that Obama was an avowed Maoist who hates farmers.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/1280183223662907392

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

One thing I remember about him is that back during the 2012 election he said that Obama was an avowed Maoist

Man this guy was wrong about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Omnicarus posted:

As it’s his song, I would love to hear how you know better than he does.