Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

I think your assessment is accurate. Though the is often a day 1 vote because of posting similarly, which makes me more hesitant to vote with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

I think your assessment is accurate. Though spoonsy is often a day 1 vote because of posting similarly, which makes me more hesitant to vote with you.

mafia edit

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

If this has any weight to it, it would require them both to be scum imo.

I don’t like this case and I don’t like Solus jumping in to support it and make it seem more legitimate.
I don't think it means they both have to be scum. I think spoonsy just picked someone he knows well enough to engage with.

meta-context: spoonsy has caught heat for lurking early on in games recently but he's never read scummy to me until this one.

What I'm imagining here is finally-roled-scum spoonsy making a Token effort (lol) to look like he is participating.

Early-game town spoonsy always had a confidence that read townie to me and the lack of that here is what is making me suspicious.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Next up is Asiina,

This off-hand support of voting merk is the worst of the bunch I think.

Asiina revoked it and moved onto Rosa who is playing their ?second? game I believe.

My take is similar to Tokes' case: Asiina is putting effort into content which is good, but there's an "only scratching the surface" feeling that feels low-key scummy to me.

I'd rank this read as similar to DGK: I can imagine it but I am not sold.

When I said that I was agreeing with DGK like three posts above mine that merk's content had been pretty wishy-washy. He was posting but not really engaging despite throwing down a vote. I've changed my opinion since then.

Also I didn't realize it was Sub Rosa's second game since I haven't played in about a year but also my vote isn't really something that's chalked up to new player awkwardness.

It's bold to see someone come in with a bunch of reads and call it flailing. I think it's also an opportunistic vote and a bad one.

And I'm fine with saying that I'm only scratching the surface, since there was no content after almost 3 days and I wanted to get this game moving, but I'm not going to tunnel hard on someone D1. Things are still flexible.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sandwolf posted:

You think so? I don't see it, personally. Would you elaborate for me?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

You think so? I don't see it, personally. Would you elaborate for me?

(the fact that the argument needs their alignment to be the same, that is, not that their alignment is the same)

(I feel like this clarification is just more confusing now and I'm not sure how to make it more clear other than to hope you get it)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m thinking about it and I don’t really agree with myself anymore. I still don’t think Spoonsy would just latch onto any ol’ townie to cover for their D1 deficiencies (if you can call them that, I just like alliteration). I do think it’s weird they’ve focused their talk on Tokes, but that pushes me towards like a 3P role like luncher or something. Which actually does make sense with how vague and cagey Tokes was being at beginning of day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I can definitely see it. Focusing on that only is a really easy way to contribute without making alignment calls.

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t like this case and I don’t like Solus jumping in to support it and make it seem more legitimate.

I don't see how this is true though? Why would they need to both be scum for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes' claim like that?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Sandwolf posted:

Which actually does make sense with how vague and cagey Tokes was being at beginning of day.

I was being weird for fun. It doesn't mean anything from my end.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Token Female posted:

I was being weird for fun. It doesn't mean anything from my end.

No no I get that, but if there were, say, a luncher in this game, your weirdness probably would have caused them to focus.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Sandwolf posted:

No no I get that, but if there were, say, a luncher in this game, your weirdness probably would have caused them to focus.

I guess I see what you are getting at, but most of his comments that yuming picked are after I explained about my earlier "cageyness".

Also picking people to be 3P on day 1?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

When I said that I was agreeing with DGK like three posts above mine that merk's content had been pretty wishy-washy. He was posting but not really engaging despite throwing down a vote. I've changed my opinion since then.

Also I didn't realize it was Sub Rosa's second game since I haven't played in about a year but also my vote isn't really something that's chalked up to new player awkwardness.

It's bold to see someone come in with a bunch of reads and call it flailing. I think it's also an opportunistic vote and a bad one.

And I'm fine with saying that I'm only scratching the surface, since there was no content after almost 3 days and I wanted to get this game moving, but I'm not going to tunnel hard on someone D1. Things are still flexible.
Yea that is fair re:Rosa.

I was just trying to sort out the merk-opinions and your offhand comment stood out to me.

I think Asiina's response is good, spoonsy is the only player I feel strongly is scummy atm.

I'm hoping to see some posts from the haven't-really-participated-yet players before we try to reach consensus.

Hi, Amnistar :sparkles:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

Yea that is fair re:Rosa.

I was just trying to sort out the merk-opinions and your offhand comment stood out to me.

I think Asiina's response is good, spoonsy is the only player I feel strongly is scummy atm.

I'm hoping to see some posts from the haven't-really-participated-yet players before we try to reach consensus.

Hi, Amnistar :sparkles:

How quickly you forget about DSK

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

How quickly you forget about DSK

Sorry DSK is an acronym at work, and I got my wire crossed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’d like to fundamentally disagree with whoever it was that said opportunism in mafia must be linked with riding a bandwagon. Taking a chance to try to start one is considerably more useful to scum, and though you may not think that occurred it’s nevertheless a foundational play for scum on a given day.

With respect to spoonsy’s alignment i had no thoughts going into it so I’ll take a look

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Weird alignment post, surely, but I don’t read that as a scummy play as much as just not constructing it the way he ought to have

Would look elsewhere pending other content

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I said I can imagine DGK as scum but that doesn't mean I wanna kill him today-- mostly I am still of the mindset of trying to stir reads up.

Unfortunately, I know it is a bit late in the game-day for that but alas~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The merk votes aren’t good

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

One of my least favorite things about mafia threads is that even when someone makes long-rear end posts I have to read the whole thing. Token why wouldn't you fullclaim if you're going through this whole rigamarole? Is it somehow supposed to be good for mafia if you fullclaim? But if we do what you want you'll flip at the end of the day so we'll all know ANYWAY... right?

My flip will likely not give much of an indication of my role or it's specifics. Full claiming would only hurt other town members.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Token Female posted:

My flip will likely not give much of an indication of my role or it's specifics. Full claiming would only hurt other town members.

Can you extrapolate on this without revealing whatever harms town

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

t a s t e posted:

Can you extrapolate on this without revealing whatever harms town

My flip, from what I can tell, won't give information about my role. If I tell you my role, you would have a good idea about the roles of other people.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Somberbrero posted:

Chic has requested a replacement, I'm looking for one now.

There are a few people who haven't posted very much. I know the weekend start was rough, but please try to get up above 10 posts or we'll do the on notice/free lunch thing. If you also need a replacement, just let me know.

I've replaced in for Chic. Anyone want to fill me in on what has happened?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s kind of you to look out for me I suppose, but that seems pretty nebulous

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

How do you feel about hum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amnistar posted:

No good votes detected

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

Chic was investigated as scum on night 0. Please full claim.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

t a s t e posted:

No good votes detected

Alruight then, I'll rectify that.

##vote solus

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I was unaware that Town Spoonsy had a specific flavor to it, but I'll take it I guess?

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Token Female posted:

Chic was investigated as scum on night 0. Please full claim.

Like 2 pages of flavor and then a role that I don't know what it does because my eyes glazed over during 2 pages of flavor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Don't know. I don't have any mechanical knowledge of her alignment. On a read level? Yeah, I think so, but a light town read on D1 means literally nothing.

I'm gonna go look at a couple people and their posting (or not posting, in the case of pera) and see if I can't find a scum.

The second sentence here strikes me as odd because ~vibes~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Whoa quickvotes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Peramene is in this game btw

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

t a s t e posted:

Peramene is in this game btw

Yes, but someone voted them and you told me there were no good votes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amnistar posted:

I posted that because I’d forgotten and they’re awol

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

I think this is my favorite thing that you've ever posted.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry but by your own words you lean scummy on me as default. For you to not have any self-awareness between these two posts is scummy dude. You always lean scummy on me, you think I’m scum here, but there’s no looping back to “do I actually think he’s scum or am I just thinking what I always do.”

I think pushing for me as scum is just the easiest place for you to put your feet up merk.

My case on you is really good. You can try to discredit it however you'd like. Good luck.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

This was in response to Tokes messing around.

For some reason, spoonsy is only interested in interacting with Token Female. All of spoonsy's content is attached to her role and posts.

The worst part: despite this being his only handhold in the thread, spoonsy makes no actual alignment calls.

"Hmm, that's kinda weird! Maybe I'd vote there." *radio static*

I'm reading spoonsy as scum who is using Tokes as a way to ground himself in the thread but he's failing at making any coherent reads.

##vote spoonsy

This is a good case. Hiding in the Token Female role stuff is a good place for scum to look helpful without helping.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Token Female posted:

I think this is my favorite thing that you've ever posted.

I'm going to take this as a compliment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

This is a good case. Hiding in the Token Female role stuff is a good place for scum to look helpful without helping.

Unless, of course, he’s right to attack it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

I'm going to take this as a compliment.

It is! :)