Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

t a s t e posted:

Unless, of course, he’s right to attack it

Didn't you see in my post? I said I was town. I don't think it get more definitive than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Token Female posted:

Didn't you see in my post? I said I was town. I don't think it get more definitive than that.

I’m allowing for the possibility that you’re lying about your role and alignment, but it’s nothing personal

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Amnistar posted:

Alruight then, I'll rectify that.

##vote solus

you awful person

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

How do you feel about hum?
I had him filed with the non-specific low-content players. I don't have any reason to think Hum is scum here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I’m allowing for the possibility that you’re lying about your role and alignment, but it’s nothing personal

How can you play mafia if you aren't going to believe people smh

I have not thought about Spoonsy this game, let me review this case

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

I've already basically said as much in an earlier post so I'll say it again so other people don't out themselves, but Tokes is telling the truth about this- I also don't think my flip would give details about that part of my, uh, power either?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

jfc stop soft claiming you dumb fucks

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Splendid, you can be the test case

##vote solus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

My case on you is really good. You can try to discredit it however you'd like. Good luck.

You’re really not gonna engage at all with your own statement that you tend to find me scummy along with you surprisingly finding me scummy.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Splendid, you can be the test case

##vote solus

:toot:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

jfc stop soft claiming you dumb fucks

lol I'd done it already once, might as well do it again

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i have arrived and intend to at least make a modicum showing of day 1's remainder tho it doesn't look good

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

Unless, of course, he’s right to attack it

On day 1 it doesn't feel right to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

You’re really not gonna engage at all with your own statement that you tend to find me scummy along with you surprisingly finding me scummy.

You slowly waved your hand over my entire case and hoped it would be gone when you got to the other side, so no?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I find Solus the best option from the top 5 at this point but would switch given a compelling case

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
so we got votes on almost half the game but i guess i'll start with the leaders

merk - playing and responding to questions and the like
solus - has some relevant relation to token's mysterious maybe-not-good role

of these two, I'd prefer to vote solus, because that'd be a really cool trick to pull, sortakindabutnotreally securing a token cuddle with a fake soft claim, idk, solus is clever its possible. what ya gonna do with d1

sandwolf - there's a merk and sandwolf conflict that smacks of slapfight, but they both appear to be trying to play so whatcha gonna do
token - super seriously the most mysteriousy and i was sure asking to get tapped day1 was a good way to get tapped. pretty confident she's not a jester but i have been heinously wrong about that before; but also i really wanted to play with token so it'd be a shame to just oust on command. idk. i dont wanna do it, which seems to be the consensus so cool.

spoonsy -

Spoonsy posted:

Solus, do you and Tokes share an alignment?

hmmmmmm i had this thought too hmmmmmm

but that's really it with spoonsy. not an especially passionate presentation from the get-solus crew but i think i might be among their number

doin a deeper dive

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

You slowly waved your hand over my entire case and hoped it would be gone when you got to the other side, so no?

I hate that you get to get away with this kind of obvious refusal to engage with valid points. Anyone else but you and people would be like ‘wow, look, this person keeps acknowledging and then avoiding a point against them.’

I hoped you were gonna see your own awareness and push off me (what is your case on me again?), but instead, you’re ignoring it and doubling down.

That’s scum merk behavior clear as day.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

also god everytime people call token female tokes, I keep wanting to call her tolly tokes

lmao i didn't even notice nice

SolusLunes posted:

Don't know. I don't have any mechanical knowledge of her alignment. On a read level? Yeah, I think so, but a light town read on D1 means literally nothing.

I'm gonna go look at a couple people and their posting (or not posting, in the case of pera) and see if I can't find a scum.

we are coming to the end of the day and this didn't end up materializing, up to and including no vote on me which is a little peculiar to me. i too am "suspicious of the shade without the vote" (only not really)

sandwolf and merk - ignoring each other, what do you think of solus as a candidate? there isn't much to go on but there also isn't much to go on

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

also god everytime people call token female tokes, I keep wanting to call her tolly tokes

I keep thinking of Doakes from Dexter lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

So it just occurred to me you're the first person to talk about me. Weird.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tolly tokes was the Logang masquerade right

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

One of my least favorite things about mafia threads is that even when someone makes long-rear end posts I have to read the whole thing. Token why wouldn't you fullclaim if you're going through this whole rigamarole? Is it somehow supposed to be good for mafia if you fullclaim? But if we do what you want you'll flip at the end of the day so we'll all know ANYWAY... right?

I still like Merk's case on sandwolf and will put my vote there at this point in time

## vote Sandwolf

Never, whanna tell me what you liked about Merk’s case on me?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
operating on the probably-inaccurate assumption that solus is done for the day and preparing for the possibility that i get distracted, i'll go ahead and drop a vote

##vote solus

but I'm not crazy about it

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I keep thinking of Doakes from Dexter lol

surprise motherfucker

t a s t e posted:

Tolly tokes was the Logang masquerade right

ye.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Solus hasn’t struck me as townie, not especially scummy either, but the Tokes role “me too” thing was especially weird.

Tokes do you believe there can be multiple of you in this game/Solus could be one, too?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Tokes do you believe there can be multiple of you in this game/Solus could be one, too?

this is a good question

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Like 2 pages of flavor and then a role that I don't know what it does because my eyes glazed over during 2 pages of flavor.

did you really get 2 pages of flavor and does that mean somber doesn't love me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I’d like to fundamentally disagree with whoever it was that said opportunism in mafia must be linked with riding a bandwagon. Taking a chance to try to start one is considerably more useful to scum, and though you may not think that occurred it’s nevertheless a foundational play for scum on a given day.

With respect to spoonsy’s alignment i had no thoughts going into it so I’ll take a look

I said the bandwagon thing, but I accept your point and agree with you now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I appreciate your consideration, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Never, whanna tell me what you liked about Merk’s case on me?

I liked how he called you out on your bullshit and wrote it in easy to digest post for me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sandwolf wrote two extremely bullshit posts explaining his vote on me when it is obvious he missed my justification voting JX. Town there, once they realize their mistake, comes back to the thread with a “whoops” not some contrived “Jen X vs Token” dichotomy and “seeing all the reasons but not agreeing.”

Come on. What are we doing? This guy is scum.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote Will get to this in a bit.

merk posted:

DBD looks like he’s fence sitting, but I’ve been wrong before on that same read of him so I’m letting it go for now.

Tbh the only person I could be fence sitting on is Jen, who I admitted I would usually be itching to vote because of weird OMGUS stuff but that didn't serve me well last time. I invite you to re-read the situation though.

I liked her explanation post on why she voted them afterwards, but if I didn't urge her to make it, would she have ever expounded on it ever? I don't think "holding feet to the fire" is an accurate description of her votes at all. The response was good in a vacuum, but feels sort of "eh" to me leaving it on taste and not commenting further which is funny because I didn't like taste's reasoning BEFORE Jen responded with her vote back. It feels like a "Phew, I was in the crosshairs, going to lay low for a bit" sort of play/vote.

I also don't like the "content policing" posts from you, yuming, and Asiina. Asiina on Hal ignoring her "content question" (I don't think any player is beholden to respond to a general question as long as they are generating content elsewhere, nor should they be expected to cast a wide net on D1, I know I don't). I don't think it's scummy for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes, especially as someone who had a vote on Tokes prior to her claiming. I think it's weird if people don't comment on it, tbh. You included. We both had a vote on her. You responded "no" to Tokes post and left it at that.

Do you think she's a jester bullshitting? How do you feel about it? It's weird to ignore it completely. And her posting was obviously weird enough that it did concern me that people who have played with her in the past were straight up ignoring it as if that was normal Tokes behavior when it clearly wasn't.

I'm actually inclined to believe Tokes for now, but something doesn't feel right about voting out a potential "guaranteed town" that isn't completely like "you will be totally hosed if you don't do this" (which I understand if that could be exaggeration) but it just being "probably a good idea" is not enough to sway me from the potential of catching scum. I do like your case on Asiina though Tokes, I was going to make a similar one with her interacting with Sal as well as the posts you quoted. While I appreciate Asiina's early push to make it an actual game instead of a lurk-fest, it felt off to me with a lot of hand-wringing sort of opinions/comments that went nowhere.

##vote Asiina

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

Sandwolf wrote two extremely bullshit posts explaining his vote on me when it is obvious he missed my justification voting JX. Town there, once they realize their mistake, comes back to the thread with a “whoops” not some contrived “Jen X vs Token” dichotomy and “seeing all the reasons but not agreeing.”

Come on. What are we doing? This guy is scum.

Going to be honest, Sandwolf replies exactly like me when you get stuck on me in games and I'm inclined to believe he's town because of it, and most of the time you are town as well. I think the specific scenario of him missing a justification might be annoying to deal with on your end but I don't think that makes him scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

peramene posted:

lmao i didn't even notice nice

we are coming to the end of the day and this didn't end up materializing, up to and including no vote on me which is a little peculiar to me. i too am "suspicious of the shade without the vote" (only not really)

sandwolf and merk - ignoring each other, what do you think of solus as a candidate? there isn't much to go on but there also isn't much to go on

I actually did post on this, since Humalong is the one that twigged me the most. But I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting his vote as a real vote or a joke vote, because that tokes vote is awful

also I think you're reading too much into my gently shading your lurking, it is only day 1, mild lurking is whatever and I generally post that sort of stuff to remind myself to not forget about lurkers in general

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't think Solus is a good vote at all.

I feel completely fine sitting my vote on Asiina and urge people to re-read her.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote Will get to this in a bit.

Tbh the only person I could be fence sitting on is Jen, who I admitted I would usually be itching to vote because of weird OMGUS stuff but that didn't serve me well last time. I invite you to re-read the situation though.

I liked her explanation post on why she voted them afterwards, but if I didn't urge her to make it, would she have ever expounded on it ever? I don't think "holding feet to the fire" is an accurate description of her votes at all. The response was good in a vacuum, but feels sort of "eh" to me leaving it on taste and not commenting further which is funny because I didn't like taste's reasoning BEFORE Jen responded with her vote back. It feels like a "Phew, I was in the crosshairs, going to lay low for a bit" sort of play/vote.

I also don't like the "content policing" posts from you, yuming, and Asiina. Asiina on Hal ignoring her "content question" (I don't think any player is beholden to respond to a general question as long as they are generating content elsewhere, nor should they be expected to cast a wide net on D1, I know I don't). I don't think it's scummy for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes, especially as someone who had a vote on Tokes prior to her claiming. I think it's weird if people don't comment on it, tbh. You included. We both had a vote on her. You responded "no" to Tokes post and left it at that.

Do you think she's a jester bullshitting? How do you feel about it? It's weird to ignore it completely. And her posting was obviously weird enough that it did concern me that people who have played with her in the past were straight up ignoring it as if that was normal Tokes behavior when it clearly wasn't.

I'm actually inclined to believe Tokes for now, but something doesn't feel right about voting out a potential "guaranteed town" that isn't completely like "you will be totally hosed if you don't do this" (which I understand if that could be exaggeration) but it just being "probably a good idea" is not enough to sway me from the potential of catching scum. I do like your case on Asiina though Tokes, I was going to make a similar one with her interacting with Sal as well as the posts you quoted. While I appreciate Asiina's early push to make it an actual game instead of a lurk-fest, it felt off to me with a lot of hand-wringing sort of opinions/comments that went nowhere.

##vote Asiina

Guaranteed town? What? What even is the beginning of that last paragraph? Why do you think Tokes is guaranteed town or alluded to such a thing?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Or wait did someone else claim guaranteed town because I'm lost

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In lieu of rereading could you explain your views on Asiina further

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Alright, lessee, assorted thoughts part 1:

tokes posted:

My role being removed from the game, specifically on day 1 and specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live, would enable the roles of a few other people who are most likely to be town. Essentially, without giving too much away about my role and other people’s roles, I see my role (and how I would play it) as getting in the way of and hindering other town roles. The circumstances of my role could and will likely change as the game goes on, but as it currently stands, I think that it would be a net-positive for the town to vote me out.

Tokes' attempt at ritual suicide by committee is very strange and I feel like, maybe, not the most thought through? Because it boils down to "I will play my role in a way that hurts town" and that's less a reason to die and more a reason to, I dunno, maybe play the role differently. I'd like to know if she's at all reconsidered her stance, or if this is, like, a martyr for her principles thing.

I'm inclined to ignore it all.

Sub Rosa posted:

Why not instead be inclined to play the roll in a way that, oh, I dunno, helps town?

lol thanks for summarizing my point, retroactively

MOVING ON

I really, really don't like Tokes' vote on Asiina for reasons I shouldn't elaborate on

Hal Incandenza posted:

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too

Hal what the heck is this post, no one cares what you're willing to do, we wanna know why

yuming posted:

I have no issue with Jen X's comment about me. Her voting Sandwolf reads neutral to me. The worst part of her posting was her tone of not wanting to engage with the early D1 pressure on her. But once she explained herself I think being a bit flippant initially is fair on a D1 that takes place over the 4th.

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

merk I don't think comes across as scummy.

I don't want to kill Tokes and don't think she's scum but that must be one weird role.

Here's yuming demonstrating a much more helpful type of post, where she actually explains her thoughts! I like this. I like her later elaboration on DGK a great deal, too.

yuming posted:

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

I can see it but also I don't think there's enough either way, I'd like him to talk more but his confusion about tokes reads genuine at least

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry but by your own words you lean scummy on me as default. For you to not have any self-awareness between these two posts is scummy dude. You always lean scummy on me, you think I’m scum here, but there’s no looping back to “do I actually think he’s scum or am I just thinking what I always do.”

I think pushing for me as scum is just the easiest place for you to put your feet up merk.

I'm slotting sandwolf in his own little corner of "mad at merk, feels like he's genuinely angry, cannot quite tell if 'mad at being caught' or 'mad at dumb pressure'"

~okay splitting post here~

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##unvote Token never answered me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I also don't like the "content policing" posts from you, yuming, and Asiina. Asiina on Hal ignoring her "content question" (I don't think any player is beholden to respond to a general question as long as they are generating content elsewhere, nor should they be expected to cast a wide net on D1, I know I don't).

Except he wasn't generating content elsewhere, which oh look, was the reason I voted for him and I pointed that out explicitly. Maybe you missed it:

Asiina posted:

C'mon, that's nonsense. I'm voting you for not having any content and instead of commenting on any of the existing content or providing your own, you were instead talking about the mechanics of the word puzzle.

It's not like my content game or all the hot hot responses were 15 pages back.

quote:

##vote Asiina

Sal...isn't in this game??