Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SolusLunes posted:

Guaranteed town? What? What even is the beginning of that last paragraph? Why do you think Tokes is guaranteed town or alluded to such a thing?

Tokes literally said she was town wanting to be voted out a few times in her posts. Are you saying she is alluding to being town but not guaranteeing she is town? That's splitting hairs and being particular about phrasing.

So back to her main ~tell all~ post, she claims she is town and she wants us to vote her out. That's difficult to get people to do assuming she is telling the truth, but with a game this wacky it isn't something that would be surprising to me which is why I'm inclined to believe her. In order to get people to vote her, in this scenario, FROM HER POV as a "guaranteed town lunch" that isn't a jester trying to get one over, her job is to convince us (who don't know her alignment) that it would be the best scenario over potentially hitting scum (which obviously can happen). But I'm saying she also said things like "I think that this is legitimately not a bad idea to possibly a good idea for the town" which isn't enough of a swayer for me to want to chance voting Tokes if she is telling the truth when she isn't 100% convinced it's the best idea for the town. If she was like "holy poo poo guys do this or this game will be infinitely harder for you" then obviously that presents a whole different scenario to digest.

t a s t e posted:

In lieu of rereading could you explain your views on Asiina further

Read Tokes post on her. A lot of half-opinions thrown out, a lot of "rah rah let's get content going" and then parking a vote on Hal because he didn't answer her question. The Sub Rosa vote is meh. Just seems a bit timid and fake to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Mr. Humalong posted:

##unvote Token never answered me

hmm

hmmmmmm I don't believe that's why you're unvoting

##vote hum

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, you presumably meant Hal.

So you did read my post where I explained my vote on him and then chose to ignore it in the other section while talking about content policing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not feeling a Solus vote at all. I'd have to check, but I feel like I agree with him about everything so far?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Tokes literally said she was town wanting to be voted out a few times in her posts. Are you saying she is alluding to being town but not guaranteeing she is town? That's splitting hairs and being particular about phrasing.

ah okay, I was more thinking that someone was claiming a mechanical method, like confirmed masons or whatnot and I'd missed it, which is why I'm confused

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Asiina posted:

Except he wasn't generating content elsewhere, which oh look, was the reason I voted for him and I pointed that out explicitly. Maybe you missed it:

Sal...isn't in this game??

Yeah, Hal not Sal, sorry. Survivor mix up!

And yes, Hal wasn't generating content (and still hasn't really tbh) but that pretty much means he's a lurker vote which if you would've said as much I don't have an issue with. Especially if you would've pushed it more and been like "Hal isn't doing poo poo this game, he might be lurking scum, he's a decent vote". Instead you placed a vote on him for ignoring your question and was like "I'm sitting on it until people comment if it's anything or not" and I don't know, it seems disingenuous as a legitimate "I really think this guy is scum" vote that you want to pick up steam. You didn't even really flat out say "I think he's ignoring my question because he's scum and wants to lay low" which is where I think you were getting at with your vote but I might be wrong or may have missed it if you did.

It's the same thing with Jen's votes, I think I know what she is meaning to get at with her votes but if she's not inclined to explain it when she makes the vote, it'll make people wonder what the use of the vote is or where it's coming from or where it will even pick up steam. If there is no intention of it picking up steam or being a legit candidate, why sit on it? They just seem performative.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
assorts reads part 2:

I like Solus in this game! He's being a bit secretive but everything he's saying and poking at appears to me to be, well, good and reasonable to poke at

Asiina posted:

I can definitely see it. Focusing on that only is a really easy way to contribute without making alignment calls.

I don't see how this is true though? Why would they need to both be scum for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes' claim like that?

I'm not sure if the spoonsy thing is leading anywhere but I'm glad to see more responses for the future reference of a player more studious than I

I like this poking at sandwolf.

t a s t e posted:

I’d like to fundamentally disagree with whoever it was that said opportunism in mafia must be linked with riding a bandwagon. Taking a chance to try to start one is considerably more useful to scum, and though you may not think that occurred it’s nevertheless a foundational play for scum on a given day.

With respect to spoonsy’s alignment i had no thoughts going into it so I’ll take a look

taste comes roaring in to defend his vote on me, despite...no one really caring about it except me? This is odd but being unwilling to give up on an argument or accept being wrong is impossibly consistent with his overall personality, so, I don't think it's indicative of being nervous over how people are perceiving him

but being obnoxious is a null tell and I still think his vote on me is trash, so,

Spoonsy posted:

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes

Spoonsy, why do you think tokes is scum? Reiterate, please!

SolusLunes posted:

I've already basically said as much in an earlier post so I'll say it again so other people don't out themselves, but Tokes is telling the truth about this- I also don't think my flip would give details about that part of my, uh, power either?

Solus are you claiming to know her alignment

IN SUMMARY:

I'm not convinced that tokes' claim is actually a town indicator, I don't really see a good case on solus, yuming is good, the entire merk/sandwolf thing is exhaustingly meta, I'd vote spoonsy if I had to abandon my white whale, and, speaking of, taste is annoying and has given me no reason to change my opinion on him

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SolusLunes posted:

ah okay, I was more thinking that someone was claiming a mechanical method, like confirmed masons or whatnot and I'd missed it, which is why I'm confused

Gotcha. Yeah I'm just saying like, if we are choosing to believe Tokes (which I am currently), it's probably not the right move to make even if she is telling the truth unless she was more gung ho about it. Otherwise it's taking a risk that probably isn't worth it even if she claims it's a net positive. And the obvious other caveat is if she is lying and is a jester, which I'm sure a good number of people believe too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah, Hal not Sal, sorry. Survivor mix up!

And yes, Hal wasn't generating content (and still hasn't really tbh) but that pretty much means he's a lurker vote which if you would've said as much I don't have an issue with. Especially if you would've pushed it more and been like "Hal isn't doing poo poo this game, he might be lurking scum, he's a decent vote". Instead you placed a vote on him for ignoring your question and was like "I'm sitting on it until people comment if it's anything or not" and I don't know, it seems disingenuous as a legitimate "I really think this guy is scum" vote that you want to pick up steam. You didn't even really flat out say "I think he's ignoring my question because he's scum and wants to lay low" which is where I think you were getting at with your vote but I might be wrong or may have missed it if you did.

It's the same thing with Jen's votes, I think I know what she is meaning to get at with her votes but if she's not inclined to explain it when she makes the vote, it'll make people wonder what the use of the vote is or where it's coming from or where it will even pick up steam. If there is no intention of it picking up steam or being a legit candidate, why sit on it? They just seem performative.

Alternatively it's Day 1 and I don't think that it's a slam dunk case, but was what stuck out to me at the time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The person to whom I was responding read the post for what it was and changed their mind, so as far as I’m concerned it wasn’t wasted effort.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I did explain why I voted, I just didn't do so exhaustively, gosh

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Asiina posted:

Alternatively it's Day 1 and I don't think that it's a slam dunk case, but was what stuck out to me at the time.

I'll re-read you, it felt like you were trying to make Hal a thing but not really sort of thing which I wasn't even asking for a slam dunk, just more than what you presented. Do you still find Hal scummy? Also, do you still think Rosa is scummy or is the new player awkwardness you mentioned? Or them being new mask real scum vibes you get from them? I guess what I'm trying to get at is you have a lot of half-opinions or comments subsequently thrown out which throw some doubt on what you once thought were solid reads (hence putting a vote down on them) so I don't know how you 100% feel on people that you've put votes down and if you still think they will flip scum.

I do agree that Solus is a bad vote though, I would vote to avoid a no lunch but otherwise there are better votes out there imo.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: DBD I don't see how I am policing people's content.

That spoonsy had only effectively commented on Token Female was incidental, it was the pattern of the posts:

(1) hmmm she's acting weird (with her early joke stuff) / does not vote
(1) reacts to the role with hmmm that is weird, could be worth a vote / does not vote

This was all of spoonsy's content over multiple game days. To pop in to say something but effectively nothing is scummy.

His recent response,

Spoonsy posted:

I was unaware that Town Spoonsy had a specific flavor to it, but I'll take it I guess?

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes
fits with my read of spoonsy as scum for the same reason I've had a problem from a meta stand-point: in this game, spoonsy reads like he is trying to LOOK like he is participating. There is a hesitant perspective to his posts where in every other game he's been pretty happy with "well gently caress it is D1 what are you going to do." Solus is an easy place to throw a content-vote, writing it off as gut is also an easy out as scum.

No, I don't want to police someone for trying, but based on content and tone I see something different and scummy in his posts.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
definitely not voting asiina-contributing-on-d1 except to prevent a nokill i GUESS

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
where are we at on time compared to tonight's other festivities??

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
not very much time at all drat. okay uh if not Solus then i guess I'll look at merk/sandwolf next

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

peramene posted:

where are we at on time compared to tonight's other festivities??

“the titan games” doesn’t start for nearly two hours, no worries

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jen X posted:

I did explain why I voted, I just didn't do so exhaustively, gosh

Jen X posted:

I suppose it would be hypocritical to not give you the benefit of the doubt interpretation-wise, fine

##vote taste

"strikes me as opportunistic" is bullshit

Jen X posted:

uhhhh

##vote sandwolf

I mean, yeah, you could say that.

Again, I'm not knocking you completely because you did respond to my post really well and give a thought out response which made me say "Okay, I get where she's coming from".. but I do have to WIFOM a situation where nobody pesters you about it and you park yourself on a taste vote that you call bullshit, where people can independently comment on it or completely ignore it which doesn't really do much for the game at all.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jen X posted:

Solus are you claiming to know her alignment

No, I'm claiming to have an idea of her role and what she's alluding to. I have no mechanical knowledge of her alignment, though I don't see her as scummy. The self-sacrifice feels more like misguided town.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

re: DBD I don't see how I am policing people's content.

That spoonsy had only effectively commented on Token Female was incidental, it was the pattern of the posts:

(1) hmmm she's acting weird (with her early joke stuff) / does not vote
(1) reacts to the role with hmmm that is weird, could be worth a vote / does not vote

This was all of spoonsy's content over multiple game days. To pop in to say something but effectively nothing is scummy.

His recent response,

fits with my read of spoonsy as scum for the same reason I've had a problem from a meta stand-point: in this game, spoonsy reads like he is trying to LOOK like he is participating. There is a hesitant perspective to his posts where in every other game he's been pretty happy with "well gently caress it is D1 what are you going to do." Solus is an easy place to throw a content-vote, writing it off as gut is also an easy out as scum.

No, I don't want to police someone for trying, but based on content and tone I see something different and scummy in his posts.

"Policing content" may have been harsh phrasing from me, rather, I don't think it's wrong for someone to focus on 1 or 2 people (as long as there is a semi-constant stream of opinions elsewhere). I don't think you're scummy for noticing that, I just don't know how I feel about people echoing it which makes me cast doubt on the entire thing. I think it's an easy thing for scum to latch onto and be like "yeah, Spoonsy is only talking about this!" while avoiding much discussion outside of that.

Maybe it's a scenario where both the act itself of Spoonsy not participating in talk outside of that bubble and people interacting with it is weird to me, so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I don't like his Solus vote at all.

I do think merk not really touching the Tokes thing at all is equally weird.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I won’t vote merk today. I would vote Solus or Sandwolf. Solus has somehow ignored the discussion Token and I had where she asked me to vote her, yet is latching onto my “bad vote” for her as a life preserver as he lurches toward being the clear vote leader.

Sandwolf is probably scum just from getting real tunneled on merk.

##vote solus

I have no other reads atm. Feel free to coordinate in your scum chat as to how to use my lack of reads to your advantage.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum I’m sorry I don’t really get your case on Solus there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hum I’m sorry I don’t really get your case on Solus there

Yeah I don't think token or solus are good votes today. What they are doing is way more townie than scum at this point

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone actually explain the Solus vote?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Spoonsy and Sub Rosa are my preferences for today.

Honestly, the Sandwolf and merk fight just made my eyes glaze over.

I couldn't even tell what they were arguing about eventually beyond "oh come on how is it not obvious this guy is scum!"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have heard people’s ish about merk so I’m gonna drop it for the day but I still very much think he’s scum but will come back to it when he does something else scummy next

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean, yeah, you could say that.

lol, fair

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

solus did a sorta kinda softclaim as a way to give token some backup, a move that some have called "confusing"; it's not a very big or good case

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

Best of a bad selection

Strange interactions w token female, claim I don’t really buy outright

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather not execute sub rosa d1 if it's truly their second game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they seem to have something going on, but honestly I'm not gonna vote some weird softclaims on D1 if they aren't people I otherwise find scummy and I've agreed with his actual content.

Why does his backing up Tokes make him scummy?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
so how about spoonsy

here's a case

loves spoons
'sussy spoonsy'
penguins are the real mafia

the most ........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the most damning thing about spoonsy is the lack of a return to wail on solus some more if nothing else

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

peramene posted:

so how about spoonsy

here's a case

loves spoons
'sussy spoonsy'
penguins are the real mafia

the most ........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the most damning thing about spoonsy is the lack of a return to wail on solus some more if nothing else

Well spoons is my second choice after hum

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Back and caught up and around til hammer.

Asiina posted:

And I don't understand how coming in with a bunch of reads when you have two votes on you is flailing?

##vote Sub Rosa

That was a very bad vote.

To be fair, they didn't seem to be very good reads.

Merk is still the person I think is most likely to flip scum, so leaving my vote there until someone else is, or if needed to avoid a no lunch.

I do not see the case on Solus. If it's just the weird soft claiming stuff, I think if we were to vote someone for that it should be Token, the person literally saying that she is inclined to use her power in a way that will harm town if we leave her alive.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

Yeah they seem to have something going on, but honestly I'm not gonna vote some weird softclaims on D1 if they aren't people I otherwise find scummy and I've agreed with his actual content.

For me, she seems a lot more forthright about it whereas his framing strikes me as more selective, if it makes sense

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

there's about as many reasons for it going scummy as going ~misguided town~ but i think it was the wrong call to make

I think I have come around on this particular coin

##vote spoonsy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sub Rosa posted:

I do not see the case on Solus. If it's just the weird soft claiming stuff, I think if we were to vote someone for that it should be Token, the person literally saying that she is inclined to use her power in a way that will harm town if we leave her alive.

I agree with this logic generally (I still don’t think Tokes is a great choice today) and I think Rosa is townie for it

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

I'd rather not execute sub rosa d1 if it's truly their second game

I'd rather you not execute me because I'm town, but I'll take it. (Yes, it's my second ever game.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

I'd rather you not execute me because I'm town, but I'll take it. (Yes, it's my second ever game.)

welcome! nice avatar :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I’d support a Hum lunch rn, that “check-in” post feels very “lemme dodge everything being talked about.”