Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Barbed Tongues posted:

Name: Needles
HP: 5/5
Face: A8
Body Type: Male
Memory: First Aid (using)
Satiation: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4

Downtime: Attempt to Heal
Healing Check (+1S, +10FA): 1d100+11 21

Strategy Vote: Expand the Warren (Hospital)
Needles makes the rounds, letting folks know healing was going to be tough without some physical support. It might take a while and be expensive, but a starting hospital will increase survival overall, and might allow the Matron to save her magic energy for offense, instead of new creations.

I had to do a rule change, this is no longer a smooshed phase, meaning you can only gain a max of two satiation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Slaan fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 2, 2020

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Name: Sadie
Body Type: Female
Memory: Recklessness
Satiation: 2 > 4

I protected one of my siblings - I mean, fellow Cobbolds. I'm definitely not weird enough to call everyone my sibling. That would be weird and strange of me. No one's wounded that I can see, so when Mot- I mean, Magdalene got back to her hut, I had to be a little annoyed at the food disappearing. I mean, I would definitely not eat people, that would be horrible of me. But it would be nice to feed the others, if they wanted it. I definitely didn't want to be able to settle in and do nothing for a few hours but stare at a wall after that combat, while eating the people we killed.

Scouting: 1d100 43

I managed to find a little food, but more than that, I found the people who attacked us. I wasn't angry, exactly. I mean, I was a monster, of course I deserved death. But they did try to hurt us, so why wouldn't I try to hurt them? With my arms full of tasty treats to take home with everyone, I tried to climb through the bushes and pounce the wounded remnants, in hopes of killing them before they can get to their village.

Mother I crave violence (Attack the remnants): 1d100 3

As usual, everything was going wrong from the second I tried to jump out and fell flat on my face. Why do I try to do anything?

Ponken
Jun 22, 2007

Name: Copy
HP 5/5
Body Type: Male
Memory; Imitation
Satiation: 1-> 3 Downtime + Strategy

I didnt really see anyone deserving of imitation, except Magdalene of course, but for that I would need som blood to pour into my eyes and these enemies didnt even bleed. I may need to look around for material and who knows I might even find someone else worthy of my imitation skills.

Downtime: Scouting (for blood or person worthy of imitation): 1d100 47+1 = 48

Berries! Berries can look like blood right?

As Copy comes back into the warren he hopes that his fellow Cobbolds will be focused more on his contribution towards the food supply than the fact that his cheeks are full of mashed berries that under no circumstances look like blood.

Hearing all the different plans that cobbolds around him are working on there is one that speaks to him and his current situation.

A workshop! A workshop could certainly help me out with our make-up shortage

Strategy: Help Expand Warren Workshop: 1d100+1 99

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Satiation: 1 > 3

Magdalene was down. Cobb watched others carry her into the warren. Knowing that she was safe, he went outside to track down the stragglers of the enemy's forces, and to give them the kicking they deserve.

Chase down the remnants: 1d100+1 50

That done, he returned to the warren, where some Cobbolds were discussing the building of a Workshop. "That sounds like a great idea!" Cobb said to them. "With a decent Workshop, I might be able to make better shoes for everyone in Hol'm!"

Expand the warren (Workshop): 1d100+2 77 If my Skillcore Memory's been recharged by the first action, then throw an extra +10 onto that.

Edit: 'Earning' my extra satiation.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 3, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Name: Sproggle
Memory: Painting
Satiation 2->4->0

Sproggle had done it! They'd been completely fooled, hoodwinked, bamboozled! Yes, a lot of them had been yelling "There's one! Get him!", and there'd been a lot of running involved, mostly towards him instead of into his clever trap, but he had been clever, cunning, tricky, and had evaded them all! And they'd won! This needed to be recorded! This needed to be painted!

A quick look at his supplies revealed a disappointing truth: he didn't have anything left but Black Mud. He could do a painting with just that, but this needed more! He needed to gather more colors! Browns and yellows and reds! Reds! With the humans gone, maybe he could get the Berries! The Berries were such a good red, but there were always humans by the berries, and Magdalene had been very clear when she had told Sproggle that he couldn't go there. But the humans were gone! It was safe! He could have all the Red he could want! He nearly tripped over his own feet in his excitement as he skittered into the forest.

Scouting for Pigments: 1d100+2 94

The bushes were there, and so very full of Red! Sproggle gathered berries by the fistful, scooping them straight into an increasingly-mushy pouch. So much red! So much! He could paint such wonderful things! He could paint a--

There was a slightly clunk as his hand ran into something hard inside the bush. Something hard, and flat, and wooden, and boxy! It was a box! A box, a container, a crate! Who knew what was inside! It could be anything! It could be more red! It could even be an entire new color! He had to get this back to Hol'm! And paint it, yes! Shortly after he plonked the crate down in his corner, a piece of paper was pushed into Sproggle's hands. Oh, he knew what to do with this! A perfect canvas!

Perfect, perfect!

As Sproggle put the finishing touches on his masterpiece, Faust tapped his shoulder and said a lot of strange words about the moon. Strange, mysterious, weird. Eventually the birdbold, through heavy use of hand signals, made it clear that what was needed was painted circles for a room. For reasons! Magic reasons! The reasons mostly didn't matter, though--Sproggle could do circles! He could make the best circles! Circles, roundness, rings!

Painting Circles for the Ritual Room: 1d100+2 100

Investing all my satiation into the Ritual Room

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 4, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vek
Health: 5/5 HP
Memory: Trapping (cooling)
Satiation: 2 -> 1+1(artwork) -> 4

From his spot hiding in the woods, Vek had seen Magdalene do... something - he wasn't sure what - and then a dark purple miasma had filled the area around Hol'm's matron, a magical mist that cleansed the forest of the invaders as well as the bodies they'd left behind, leaving nary a trace behind. Sweet success!

The Hol'mkin Cobbolds yipped and howled and clacked their beaks and gnashed their mandibles in mirthful celebration, Vek included. They had routed the enemy!

While some of the other Cobbolds helped Magdalene inside to rest and heal her injuries, Vek broke out across the woods to check on all the various traps the villains had tripped.

> Scouting: 1d100+2 53 - Satiation for all (wait for GM)!

All the activated traps were empty, of course, due to the effects of ... whatever it was that Magdalene had done. Vek was traversing one of the warren's spike trenches when he heard the twang of a snare trap going off nearby and something large scream as it was lifted bodily up into the air by a rope snared around one of its limbs.

The Cobbold warily approached the struggling, startled creature suspended upside down in the air, and breathed a sigh of relief when he realized what it was.

It wasn't a human or predator in the snare, it was a chufty deert that must have been spooked by the magic fog from earlier. Vek found a suitably heavy rock and quickly turned the deert from a grass-eating animal into food with a couple brutal blows to its head. He yipped a couple Cobbold shouts to get some help with dragging the creature's hefty corpse over to the warren's kitchens.

When that exciting task was done, Vek wandered back out into Hol'm's trapped perimeter with his trap-making tools in hand. He had a pretty good idea of what it was he had to do...

> Set Traps Where (1=Enemy 2=Hol'm): 1d2 1 - Setting Traps in Enemy Village!
> Set Traps: 1d100+2 80

Approaching the enemy village with his appropriated traps ready for set up, Vek couldn't help but notice that he could smell some of his fellow Hol'mkin Cobbolds in the area...

Good, only... Vek hoped that the other Cobbolds would at least give him enough time to set up some nasty surprises for the villagers before the alarm was raised.

Just as he finished prizing open a wooden spike bear trap underneath someone's front door, Vek heard the blood-curdling sound of a dog barking in the middle of the night. Curses!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:siren: Heads Up! :siren:

The OP changed the rules for Downtimes after some discussion in the Discord. Here's the main breakdown of Downtime:

You can take up to two Actions during Downtime. This can be anything from Healing, Scouting, Cooking, Entertaining, or any of the listed Downtime Options.

As usual, posting for your character after the OP updates the story is worth +1 Satiation.

As usual, posting artwork (or Stories, during Downtime) is worth +1 Satiation.

As usual, the maximum Satiation you can get per update from posting is +2 Satiation.

You do not get +2 Satiation for taking 2 Downtime actions. You need to tell a story or post artwork to get that second Satiation point!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Carrick
Memory: Audacity (recharging)
Satiation: 2 > 4

Carrick sought Copy once the danger had diminished, knowing full well that the mimicry of the other had compounded and completed what would otherwise have been an unsuccessful strategy.

"Hey, got a moment? Wanted to say thanks for what you did back there. If it was just one of us, might've been much easier for them to have worked it out sooner, less of them would've been trapped. You made a real difference, and I'm grateful."

That done, and the two of them on their way, Carrick was struck with a wave of recollection, from the Before time.

Memory flashback story time posted:

"Nothing to report, sir. They haven't moved."

A female voice, warm and melodious. Pangs of happiness and recognition, admiration and respect. Someone he had liked, someone who had impressed him.

Flashes of imagery. An encampment, people, a symbol that mustered up disdain, scorn, anger, spite. Enemy. Unsuspecting, Off-guard. Lax.

An answer to the other. Some orders. Couldn't remember the words. Don't recall the sound of my own voice. Anguish, loss, but not in the memory. The memory is excitement, determination. They'll never see it coming.

Action! Violence! flashes of doing harm unto others. Cooking fires made to start tent fires. Valuables looted. Rations spoiled. Lightning raid under cover of darkness. Winning the war before battle is joined.

A good memory.

Smiling, though not quite knowing why, Carrick set out on an extended scouting recce, to see what could be gotten.

Scout!: 1d100+2 45
Second action, also Scout!: 1d100+2 81

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Basher

Memory: Breaking Things (Not In Use)
Satiation: 1 -> 2 -> 1

It was so easy! Run at things, hit with head! When the Bad People started running away, I ran after them and kept hitting them with my head!

Chase Them Down 1d100 = 74

Eventually all the Bad People ran away and I got tired of running. So I come back and found cobbolds clearing the Ritual Room. Basher good at carrying rocks. Basher help!

Clear Ritual Room of Rocks 1d100 = 58

e: Invest 1 Satiation in Ritual Room

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 4, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

E: Donating 2 satiation to ritual room 3 to 1

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 4, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Faust
Satiation: 1 > 3
Memories: Occultism (on cooldown)
HP 5/5

For fools and beggars and royalty, always be a good host.

Always be a good host.

ALWAYS BE A GOOD HOST.

We require more.

Investing my 3 Satiation into making the Ritual Room if we can get to the full 10. Which we want, since 17 NPCs are already locked into the task and thus half of the horde will achieve nothing if we don't get the investment going. The ritual gang's got the gun pointed at the horde's action economy, basically.

I'm not saying this is a shake-up but this definitely is a shake-up :v:

EDIT:
Yip is investing 1 Satiation

Theantero fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 4, 2020

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Radican

Memory: Itching (cooldown)
Satiation: 1 -> 2 (spending 1)

The pots holding them had proven to be more of a barrier than the nettles, which was embarrassing. Radican took some time off to meditate in the woods among the poison ivy and mosquitoes. She returned with starts of various plants, and started a lovely poison ivy trellis in front of the warren.

Scouting (avoid the itch-zones): 1d100+1 67
Set up more traps (living fence of poison ivy): 1d100+1 86

Spending 1 satiation on the hospital.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Everyone in Hol’m split to their duties, a large pack of Cobbolds went scouting. Sproggle and Syd chased after Yip who had decided to go off on their own. It was a warm summer night, and even though there was just a great battle here an hour ago, the forest was loud and chaotic. They could hear the cricks of frogs, crickets playing their merry tunes, and birds all around calling out to each other. They found the carcass of a deer, and when they looked around. Carrick, Tine, Sadie, Saand, #39, and Babold had caught sight of a bear, as they stared at it, something clicked in their heads, their claws seem to flex themselves K̸̛͈̥̤̱͐̐̈́Ḯ̷̧͖͍̾̒L̵̛̺̂͋Ĺ̶̩̠̰̋͠ ̵̣̗̙̰͂̄̇Ṟ̶͖̈́̊I̵̞̤̟͌̀́̉Ṗ̷̬ ̸̯͗À̵̼̯͙͂͂͜͝N̷̢̜̬̜̆̄̈D̷̛͕̍ ̵̳̎̔T̵̛͙̰͓́Ȇ̵̺̚͝ͅḀ̴̇͐̀R̷̘̪̯̬͋̍̀̕. Without thinking they launched themselves down to all fours and loped after it. The creature ran in fear, the smell of it threw them into a feeding frenzy, their multiple eyes wide and crazy. It ripped through the forest, leaving broken branches and gouges in the dirt. It wasn’t fast enough. #39 leaped onto it’s back and started swiping at its haunches, a deep wound opened up in the creatures legs, it reared around standing up right and tried to get at it. Tine leaped at the creatures throat and bit into it with his tiny teeth, getting red blood on their face, the bear clawed it off, and the blow knocked Tine to the ground, bones in his arm popping through the skin, the angry pink of bone and a spray of blood put him out of the fight. Sadie and Babold swept low, knocking the creature off it’s feet and Saand leaped onto the head driving his fingers deep into its eyes. He caught a deep gashing wound on his chest, and his blood spilled into the grass. Sadie, Babold, and #39 responded with their own violence, and quickly tore the creatures throat open with teeth and claws while Carrick deftly parried the clawing beasts paws with his own razor sharp claws, breaking many of the beasts bones on one arm, and ripping the other arm off entirely. The bear shook a final time as they chewed through first fur, thick fat, and then finally opening the creature’s esophagus. It jerked and shuddered as it was left to bleed. Amelie found the appendages that had been flung from the battle, and quickly fashioned a glove for herself and Carrick. Carrick, Babold, #39, and Sadie had tried to carry the beast back together, though halfway through they ran into Basher and Cobb, who had picked up the trail of those that fled from the battle, and that they couldn’t be moving all that fast due to how much blood they were losing. Carrick agreed to carry the bear back to camp himself, while Babold, #39, and Sadie had rushed with Basher and Cobb to hunt down the remnants.

Carrick had agreed to carry the bear alone Amelie, Saand and Vek split from the main group, and headed towards the main town to meet up with Radicand.

Yip, Sproggle and Syd had gone a different direction. While the group was hunting both bear and men, Yip wandered off for a place to hide, loathing to leave one of their own alone Sproggle and Syd followed. Yip quickly scuttled off on their own, Sproggle and Syd had lost sight of him, and were concerned. It seemed they had been led to where a great battle, or at least a massacre had been performed. They found Yip under a wagon that was overturned and on fire. There was blood on the trees, the bodies had teeth and claw marks on it. There were a couple of boxes of farm tools that were left behind many of the bodies were dragged off, arrows were stuck in trees, and in the firelight they could make out deep gouges of the dirt. Sproggle could scrape the rust off of some of the more useless tools that weren’t usable and pocketed them, these were excellent pigments for red and yellows. Syd wanted to follow the trail he had found, but the tools were necessary to arm the Cobbolds. Sproggle volunteered to take the tools for him, wanting to get the best tools for his paints first.The battle had frightened poor Yip, and he returned with Sproggle. They trusted Syd on his own then they did Yip.

Syd followed the path a long while, and as he did, he found many bodies. In this area there were mostly human villages, but the most of the dead he found on the trail were Elven. He could tell by their deep purple skin, pointed ears, and bright red hair. Whatever killed them had taken their weapons, if they had any. They had deep slashes, and many bits of weaponry lied strew among the battle field, crude weapons that seemed to have been sliced or broken precisely. Syd continued to follow the trail. He heard laughter, smelled burning meat, and the scuffles of something, somethings, big. As he approached he heard the baying of Dire Wolves, That must have been what I was hearing earlier. He thought.

He pressed himself close to the trees and sneaked up and his eyes grew wide, this could be just the thing they needed. Orcs. Orcs this far from home generally were mercenaries. They were emotionally intelligent creatures unlike savage humans; they did not spurn Cobbolds. Even the cruelest Orc understood that the Cobbolds' natural abilities for crafting were useful things, worth trade. He listened to their conversation, “Hey P’ark we’re running low on supplies. We’ve run out of whetstones to sharpen our tools, and many of them were broken in the last battle. These elven swords are useless.” He threw it at what must have been P’ark, who growled in a low angry tone as the blade bounced off of him. “We need to re-supply, we need food, and someone to repair our tools. Maybe we can scare up some grub by asking for a uh… Tribute from some locals.”

P’ark hissed at him, “I’m not at the point where I will rob people, even humans for supplies. We can find a legitimate contract out here I’m sure. If someone hires us to kill those humans it’s one thing, but I personally find it distasteful.” He wheeled on the orc who had thrown a sword at him and struck him hard across the jaw, knocking the loud mouth to the ground, “And if you throw something at me again, flouting my authority, I will not hesitate to remove your brand from this pack, do you understand me?”

“I’m sorry,” The other said, “I’m just hungry, and frustrated. I need something to eat, and finding out these swords can’t cut anything means that we’re incredibly poo poo out of luck if we can’t find someone to repair our weapons. We’re useless mercenaries if we have no weapons, and we still haven’t been paid for hitting these stupid wagons.”

“You’re right, we’re all scared, I shouldn’t have hit you. I’m sorry, but it looks really bad when you disrespect me. I need to be able to hold my authority in order for the rest of the group to trust me when it’s time to go to battle. Throwing something at me because you’re upset is not ok. As for pay, we’ll collect as soon as we’re better armed, right now it would be suicide to walk into Ironstrike without any decent weapons. I have a feeling they will not pay us unless we can have a show of force.” The other orc grunted in agreement.

“No, no you’re right of course. It’s ok.” They sat down together and started to drink Ale.

Syd rushed back to Ho’lm to tell everyone what he had found.

• Everyone gains 5 satiation.
  • Saand and Tine take 1 damage
  • Amelie gets a new item Bear Claw Glove
  • Carrick gets a new item Bear Claw Glove
  • Yip Sproggle brings back 2x Hoes, 3x Pitch Forks, 1x scythe
  • Syd found an EPIC STRATAGEM “Trade with the Orcs.”

Radican had been watching the town with another Cobbold when Saand, Amelie and Vek had crawled quietly into the town. It was dead quiet in the night, with only torches to light the way. It seemed almost everyone had fallen asleep. The town itself was fairly small for a human settlement, there were multiple acres of farmland that spread out radially from the town until it reached the edge of the forest. There were two men who patrolled around the main road, checking that the torches were lit, replacing them occasionally. Most of the town seemed to live in tiny cottages, there was a trader’s square that was mostly empty.

Saand put a finger to his lips and pointed at the large townhouse at what seemed to be the center of town. The others nodded and he quietly crept up the main street. He easily slipped open the window and slipped his body inside. Easy enough for the first part at least.

Vek started to bury traps that he was able to craft. He placed them in front of buildings, and the main road itself. Radican blocked one side of the village off with a fence of itchy nettles. Vek moved quickly, and his work was efficient and professional. If the traps were set off, they would cripple anyone who creeped out. An excellent response to the violence they had inflicted on the Cobbolds tonight. Everything was going well. they were able to mostly avoid the guards and get their work done. They had set most of their traps down, when she happened.

Amelie proudly walked up to one of the town guards, and assaulted him with questions…

"Why are you such a warmonger?
Why do you think masks don't protect against cobbolism?
Do you follow the gold standard or are you some slave to the kingdom's fiat currency?
What hurts more, fang or claw?"

The guard reached to his side and blew into a horn. The cobbold that had followed to help in town booked it, leaving everyone behind.The first horn was answered by another horn, and then another, soon the entire village was playing the same horn, a pealing sound that shook the Cobbolds to their very core. Amelie looked at the guard, who reached for his blade and easily chopped into Amelie’s neck, she crumpled like a wet newspaper into a quickly growing pool of her own blood. Vek and Radican tried to get to her, but farmers were surrounding them from every side. They saw scythes, pitchforks, torches, and even the occasional gun. There was a loud echoing crack as Vek had reached Amelie’s still body. His back exploded in agony as buckshot made contact with flesh. He nearly fell himself but had to drag her out. Radican rushed into help, but fell over his own nettle fence and twisted his ankle. Together they put Amelie’s body on their backs and ran. “What about Saand?” had been asked by someone, but it was too dangerous. There was an entire village of angry humans between them and him. They ran back to the village mostly in silence.

Trapping the Village: 238+1d100 253 vs Trapping the Village (Difficulty 5): 5d100 256

• Vek takes 2 damage
  • Amelie takes 2 damage
  • Radican takes 1 damage

Saand had found his way into the mayor’s manor easily enough. He crept through the quiet empty halls, his eyes adjusted to the low light. He slid easily between each doorway. He crept into the kitchen and found a back door that led to the servant’s quarters. There were multiple people sleeping in bunk beds, but they weren’t his target. He closed the door and returned back to the hallway.

The mayor’s manor was a sprawling complex, with multiple floors and an excess of space. Saand had walked into room after useless room. It seemed that every room had a singular purpose, a waste of space. There was a room full of nothing but paintings, one that had a table and little balls on it. Another that seemed to just hold maps, and pictures of maps, and balls with maps drawn on them.

As he walked down the halls, a door opened, and he pressed himself as hard as he could against the wall. And watched as a tiny girl walked past him, stop and did a double take. she stared at him with wide eyes. His claws twitched, K̸̡̜͍̎̽i̸̗͕͠l̸͇̥͌l̴͉͖͓̖͐̂̇̓ ̵̞̹̐̈͜H̴̟̫̳͉̉͠ę̶̩̈́̿̉͜r̶̤͎̪͕̿, he stopped himself. She walked past unharmed, and he crept further into the manor. He was having second thoughts, he almost killed a youngling, and it made his stomach churn. Just as he turned to leave, he heard a sharp horn blast, and down the hall he heard another one. He started running his claws clacking on the hard wood floor. A door swiped open and a man holding a gun stepped out. He took aim at Saand.

Saand 14 Vs Assassination (Difficulty 1): 1d100 53

• Saand has died. Roll a new character.

Babold, #39, Sadie, and Basher rushed forward, they could sense the blood, and followed it easily, quickly getting up to speed loping faster and faster after their prey. Miles stretched beneath them as they ran. Creatures in the forest quickly ran away, the rustling of birds and small predators dashing away from the group. The moon shined bright, and the scent of humans was in the air. One of them was injured, their blood speckled the dirt and left a nice trail

to be followed. They had a considerable head start though, but unlike Cobbolds humans can not move as quickly, they most likely would have to make camp before they could return all the way to the village.

The blood drove the Cobbolds into a frenzy. Each one bristled as they heard the sounds of the fire. There was moaning from the survivors as a young woman cared to them. She was standing over one of them and treating a Cobbold swipe he had received on the back of his legs. She had a needle and thread and was sewing the skin together, as another gently blotted it with some acrid material that smelled like death to the Cobbolds, the man screamed as the wound hissed with fizzy white yellowish fluid bubbling over the wound.

The wounded man screamed loudly and two of the others, a man with a red bandanna, and a woman with an eye patch quickly covered over his mouth trying to stifle the scream. Of the 40 or 50 that had marched to the warren there were only 6 left, and half of them were wounded. They were sitting against a tree that had fallen over, with no fire and a few cloaks between them they had laid down to rest. Easy pickings.

Babold and Basher were in the lead, and leapt on the man with the bandanna, his back turned. The back of his neck burst open and there was a spray of blood. The woman with the eye patch tried to run, but Sadie had gotten to her first clawing at her legs, she fell to the ground. The woman who was treating the men reached to her side and pulled out a single blade. It was cruelly curved, sharp, and glinted in the moonlight.

She pressed two of her fingers to her head, and a huge rush of wind blew through the forest. She started to glow, there were cracks of lightning that spit out from her aura, and rocks lifted into the air. The light of it blinded the Cobbolds, their stomachs churned, something was wrong and they could feel the immense power that emanated from her. The blood lust quailed and wavered, the few remaining uninjured peasants from the village ran behind her Sadie tried to swipe after one of them, and caught a blade in her chest. Where the blade hit her light blossomed, and like a flare a huge beacon of light shot into the air. Her skin hissed and smoked, #39 still wrapped in blood lust tried to rush the woman, she flexed her aura and a bolt of it blasted into his stomach, punching a small hole straight through him.

“My name is Catalina Erantzo, these people are under my protection, if you try to do them any harm I will stop you. Do you understand?” She pushed some of the energy into her blade, and from it a line on the forest floor glowed unbelievably bright, and a second later a blast leapt from it threatening to engulf the cobbolds.

R̶͖̱̗͖̮͓͚̺̹̻̳͇̽͐̎̀̋̈́͑́̔̔̀̽͛͒͊͂̌̓̕͘͝Ṵ̶̡̢̢̢̨̡̧͙̼̝̣̪͍̘̜̭̟̹͇͉̪̜̘͒͊̇̈́̑̈́̃̚͜Ņ̶̨̢̘̫̗̯̭̝̗̤͇̜̤͚̹̹͍̥͉̰͖̻̱̦̠̥͖͖̚ͅ

Babbold, Cobb, and Basher grabbed Sadie and #39 and ran. They were followed by blasts of light that were just on the tips of their heels, burning feather, fur and hair alike. They felt immensely lucky when they had finally left and could no longer feel the power emanating from that woman. They breathed a sigh of relief as they returned to the cave and saw the rest of the cobbold’s regrouping.

Remnants Group 227 vsRemnants: 5d100 308

• Sadie took 1 damage
  • #39 took 1 damage

Faust led the majority of the Cobbolds in expansion of the Ho’lm. Their numbers had increased over the last year, and it had been only recently they had the Cobbold power to actually expand on the warren. Working with Satiation was difficult, and while it worked incredibly fast, it was also incredibly dangerous. Together the 20 of them used the satiation provided by their fellow creatures and used it to blow away huge chunks of the rock cave, and turn it into a smooth surface. Faust was very particular with how things in the ritual room must be placed. The cobbolds groaned and grimaced as they worked. It was incredibly dangerous, for something that didn’t seem as useful to them as a workshop or a hospital. Yet so many wanted to work on something, the cave feeling barren and useless. Basher took the initiative clearing rocks out of the room and using the satiation to quickly shape into pillars of various thicknesses and sizes

When Amelie returned she horked up her own satiation for use in the ritual room, the cobbolds greedily grabbed it and used it to shape. Yip, who had been digging holes outside, was shaken down and gave up a Satiation of his own to the work.

Under Faust’s tutelage, Sproggle used his new paints to draw circles, and Faust wrote in the runes necessary for the magics that would be performed there. The room had to be shaped exactly to their specifications. The cobbolds together sung the satiation into the walls to imbue the room with powerful magics. As they got close to finishing the ritual circles started to gently glow. Tiny cracks of energy sparked this way and that, Faust felt a pang of concern. Had something gone wrong? Energy started to crackle into the room, and there in the exact center raised a blue orb swirling with energy. It hissed like water on a skillet, and from beneath it a purple fog filled the room. Many of the Cobbolds ran loping out of the room as fast as possible, while Faust and to his surprise Sproggle stepped forward to contain it. Sproggle quickly started doodling on the orb, arcane circles with erring accuracy, almost as if in a trance. Meanwhile Faust started chanting… something. The words came to him as the smoke filled, Faust’s eye’s turned ruby red, and lightning reached out from the orb and touched him, his runes starting to shine an even brighter and more vibrant green, the brightness illuminating the dark room.

And then, as quickly as it had started, it was finished.

Building Ritual Room: 17d100+189 1053 vs Building Ritual Room (difficulty 20): 20d100 860

• Ritual Room Built!
  • Faust gets +5 when using ritual room (Permanently)
  • Sproggle gets +5 when using ritual room (Permanently)
  • Basher gets +1 when using ritual room (Permanently)
  • Amelie gets +1 when using ritual room (Permanently)

When Faust was done with the ritual room, she was pulled away to the dormitories, many of the Cobbolds had returned from their trips broken and bleeding. There was more there then they could help. Vek, Amelie, Radican, Tine, Sadie and #39 were all there, in various states of damage. Tine was the first needed back on their feet, as he had agreed to help with the workshop. Many cobbolds had been calling out in pain, and the moans of the wounded started to fill the room. Ho’lm had received more damage in one night then they had in the last year. Things weren’t looking good for them. There wasn’t much Faust could do to help, he reset the bones back where they roughly were supposed to be and bandaged up the leg the best he could. Tine was tougher than most Cobbolds, and returned back to work.

Faust 92 vs Healing (Faust vs Tine): 1d100 9

• Tine Heals 1 Damage

Copy, Hyde, and Cobb started working on the Workshop quickly. Where in the Ritual Room Faust was using satiation to create pillars and daises to hold the ritual markings, the three Cobbolds were instead using magic and stone to create different tools, wheels, tables and chairs that would be useful for crafting. They quickly started clearing the room out, and the work seemed to go well, they were making good progress, and after Tine had been bandaged up, he also helped them work.

Syd returned with news from his findings, there were orcs in the woods who were currently uncontracted! They could deal with the orcs to help them with their human problem! Word spread quickly through the tiny colony, and when they told Mother Magdalene, she gently put her hand on his face, “You are very trusting child, we do not know how safe dealing with the orcs would be. They may be friendly to your kind, but I have the stench of a witch on me.” She sounded forlorn, “I’m not a Cobbold, and they do not treat witches very kindly. Still, if I stay away it could be very helpful. Say nothing of me and my presence if you do agree to parley with them.”

Syd rejoined the group and started to help on the workshop, when suddenly, there was a loud crack from deeper in. Everyone rushed out of the room quickly, but Tine was already damaged, they limped as fast as they could, but behind them a pile of Satiation had started to react poorly with the rock, there was a large explosion, and a stalagmite was fired like an arrow from the room striking Tine in the arm pinning it to his ribs. The other Cobbolds tried their best to remove the offending rock, and quickly bandaged it to stem the bleeding. They returned the bleeding cobbold back to the room they had been taken from.

Building Workshop: 5d100+291 527 vs Building Workshop (Difficulty 10): 10d100 579

• Tine takes 1 damage
  • Building workshop reduced in difficulty by 1

Satiation needs multiple cobbolds to work it safely, the magic they hold contains a link to the creatures that work with it. It empowers them and allows them to move rock as if it were clay, to warp wood and metal into intricate shapes. If not careful with it, it will not only move inorganic matter, but organic. Needles quickly learned this as he tried to make the hospital room alone. He worked his only Satiation into the wall, and quickly merged his fingers with it. One moment they were flesh and blood, and the next they were stone, breaking off like brittle chalk grey nubs left hanging from the wall. Luckily, Cobbolds were regenerative with a little help they would grow back like new.

• Needles takes 1 damage

It was hard for Needles to help Amelie with only one hand, where she had been struck with a blade was angry and raw, while some cobbold had wrapped it up in a bandage, it was clear she was bleeding through it already. With one hand he wouldn’t be able to take off the wrappings let alone actually help in anyway. He decided to leave it be and returned to his own bed to rest with the everyone else in Ho’lm.

Barbed Tongues 21 vs Barbed Tongues Healing (Amelie): 1d100 41

When the work was done, Hyde took it on himself to clean up the accumulated blood and filth in Ho’lm he found cleaning supplies from… somewhere but he was being helpful.

• +5 to healing checks in Ho’lm due to it being a more sanitary place to live.

New Items:
1x
2x
3x
<<--- Carrick / Amelie

If you want one of the items with a number, roll for it, the highest roller (1d100) gets the item.

Well, that sucked for most of you!

We have a HORDE VOTE situation on our hands, you pissed off the humans in the village, got your rear end kicked by a bunch of them and royally pissed them off more than your existence had already.

Right now there’s very few options you can take, but you need to decide. You can:

A.) Take another downtime. The human’s are a 2 day march away for humans (Cobbolds can walk this distance in a day or if they full on sprint, can reach their in a few hours.) There’s a chance you could spend more time to prepare for the next siege, as long as no-one else is in the area to attack you. You can parley with the orcs during this down time, though depending on their requests and your rolls, it may take an additional down time to get them on your side. :siren::siren::siren:A NOTE ABOUT RULES 2 Downtime actions were extremely difficult to write for, and was a ton of bookkeeping. You will get ONLY 1 action in the next, and all future down times:siren::siren::siren: You will be at a disadvantage if the humans approach you during your downtime.

B.) Siege the humans, you can together gather up all of your forces and march on the humans. This will start a strategy phase, in which you divide your forces and try your best to burn their lovely horrific little town to the ground. If you think you can spare the Cobbolds, you could try and parley with the orcs during this time, but depending on rolls and things, they may need a downtime before they will be willing to help you. You will be at a disadvantage if the humans approach you during your downtime.

C.) Prepare defences, you take watch and instead of taking down time to improve the warren and heal, you work together to create a slew of defenses so that if the humans do siege with you, they’ll walk into a pile of traps and creations. This will also start a strategy phase. If you think you can spare the Cobbolds, you could try and parley with the orcs during this time, but depending on rolls and things, they may need a downtime before they will be willing to help you.

D.) This could be a cunning plan, or maybe just a clarification on rules. Whatever it is, if it changes or is something instead of the first 3, it’ll go here.

:siren::siren::siren::siren:Another rule change, fan art, cool stories, epic RPing will no longer earn you Satiation, instead they will earn you bile, a resource that can ONLY be spent on communal upgrades / items / rituals during down time. Plan and adjust accordingly:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 6, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip

Memory: Hiding
Satiation: 2->3 + 5 = 8

Yip eyed the scythe greedily, it would be a perfect weapon to strike with from hidden places, though it suspected a bigger, stronger cobbold would get at it first.

Claim Scythe +1: 1d100 37

Regardless, Yip crept up to mother Magdalene and tugged at her cloak gently. "Yip think orcses nicely, is for to work with good! No witch-finding is our motto, only cobbold helpers yes?" Hedgehog-eyes gleaming with innocence.

When warren-talked transitioned to what should be done about the nasty hunams however, Yip was much less pro-active. "Be safe in hol'm." "Make hol'm safe." was all anyone could get out of him, though judging by the extremely poor quality trap-door he was trying to build using sticks and spit, one could surmise the little guy was for shoring up the warrens defences, rather than risking themselves in attack or wallowing in false security.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 6, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[Cobbold #39 posted:

]
Face: A2

HP--------= 4/5
Satiation-= 3 2+5=7 > 8
Memories--:
-Furious Trance [Ready to go!]
--"...Focus. Aim. Strike. Repeat. Again. Again. You are angry at me, yes? Good. Take your anger, aim, strike."
-- *crack*
--"There. Progress. The world is full of horrors, and there are far worse things you will face out there than my training. Now keep your anger heated and practice on the air while someone finds you a replacement dummy."

Special:
-Stars Swarming Heaven: [1] Free reroll, declare usage up front.
--"Courtesy of a certain mission to decommission. Good results not guaranteed."

-Devil's Luck: [1] Free(?) 1d8, some strings attached.
--"Courtesy of a certain mission to decommission. Somehow you know using this will come back to haunt you."

"You'll pay for this, light mage! You haven't heard the last of meeeeeeeeeeeeeee....."

Waking up some time later, #39 checked the score... Yep, that could've gone better.

A.) "We got beat, bad. We need to heal up and get stronger if we're going to fight the humans off again."
"They'll be licking their own wounds while we work, so we have some spare time of our own to get ready."

Having said their bit, #39 sits down at the gear pile and rolls the bones...

Claim Scythe +1: 1d100 71

...Seven-One. Not bad, but could be better. Plenty of room for some other Cobbold to move in yet.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Memory: Audacity
Satiation: 4 > 10
Bile: 0 > 1

Carrick was delighted with the scouting haul. Everyone in the warren had plenty to eat, enough to replenish every iota of satiation crafted with and then some. He flexed his new hand-glove-weapon with an eager grin, he was going to have fun with this.

Onto the discussions about what to do. Charge into enemy territory blindly? Seemed like that hadn't gone well, and those horns the others spoke of... on alert and swift to alert others. Bad combination. Likewise, couldn't pretend they didn't exist. Raising his paw, Carrick spake,

"They know we're here. They won't live with us. Attacking them where they're stronger, we need to be stronger for, but we can make sure their knowledge hurts them. C: Prepare our defences, trap everything so they don't get close to the heart of our warren. Talk to the Orcs while we're at it, make an alliance with them."

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Babold
Memory: Charging (used)
Satiation: 2 -> 3 + 5 = 8

"NOT shyarge," said Babold, nodding sagely to himself.

"Shyarge LATER. Shurprishe shyarge!" he grunted excitedly, froth flying.

Claim Pitch Fork Lance: 1d100 65

Voting for C.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Name: Chungus
Face: A4
Memory: Lifting
HP 5/5
Satiation: 0 > 1

"WHAT'S THIS? A Barricade needs constructing?"

"This looks like a job for some HEAVY LIFTING!"

Voting for C. Also hi I'm new be nice

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Name: Sadie
HP: 4/5
Memory: Recklessness
Satiation: 4 > 9 > 10

Ow, ow ow. I limp back to town after that disastrous attempt at battle and I'm not even feeling angry at the self righteous idiot 'protecting' those attempted murderers. I'm just lamenting that once again something went wrong for me. Why would some super powered idiot show up just to help them? Obviously it was my bad luck, and it screwed over everyone else this time too.

Everyone else was much more competent at everything than I was, so I hesitated at first before trying to claim equipment. But maybe if I took a hoe, I'd be able to be helpful to someone? Maybe I just needed change?

And maybe I just wanted something to call my own. Either way I tried to lay claim to my hoe.

Claim hoe: 1d100 86

As for my opinions on the plans? C seemed to be the best move, I mean, we're hated and going to be attacked and now they have a super powered weirdo on their side, so we better at least prepare for that.

And a tribute to our fallen comrade:

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 7, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Syd
Memory: Metalworking
Satiation: 5
Bile: 0

The Workshop Disaster was a bit frustrating, especially since the Orcs seemed to be low on tools. It would've been a great trading opportunity if they had offered to repair or replace any of the Orcs' broken tools for other supplies. Regardless, right now they had a Human problem to worry about.

"As much as I'd like to finally get that drat Workshop up and running, the Humans probably won't give us enough time to make use of it. We need to focus on our defenses while we can."

Voting for C

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hyde

Satiation: 7 ->8

"Together, we must stand! United! But the smart thing to do would be to let them come to us. We'll be well-rested and ready, while they'll be tired and running on fumes."

I vote for C.

Hyde reflected on something... a twinkling, small fragment of a memory in his mind.

quote:

"You need to be able to take advantage of anything. The environment... the enemy... even your allies. Everything is a tool to be used. Tools have places. And they need to be replaced if broken."

No. NO. He wouldn't be like that. Yes, he needed to be clever and shrewd to win. But he didn't have to treat people like disposable objects.

"And... while we're preparing... Everyone. Try and stay alive."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Basher

Memory: Breaking Things (Not In Use)
Satiation: 1 -> 2
+1 to use Ritual Room

Squinting against the terrible light of the human witch, Basher shrieked out his rage, "Humans attack Cobbold! Humans kill Cobbolds! Witch not want to die, witch should leave humans! HUMANS WILL DIE!!!" Then the light was too much, and Basher fled with his clanmates.

Back at the den, Basher's calm was slowly restored. He looked at the weapons that had been scavenged and went for the one that looked the sturdiest and grabbed one.

Grab Hoe 1d100 = 97

The big Cobbold listened to the various plans, then add his opinion, for whatever that was worth. "Basher think we should hire Orcs Orcs are big and strong, and Cobbolds need big and strong now!"

A

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Amelie
Memory: Yellow Journalism (CD)
HP 3/5
Satiation: 1 > 6 (scouting) > 7 (Post)
Notes: +1 Ritual Room use
Items: Bear Claw

Argh! That hurt! How dare these primitive villagers hurt members of the press! It is just like the police to attack those trying to find the truth! Well, Amelie would show them. She would do an in-depth expose of their cruel practices and their dirty laundry as soon as she could.

For now though, it would be best to retreat and hole up behind the printing press. Replacing parts for the press would have lots of sharp bits and bobs. Better be careful nobody stepped on them, spreading them outside the Warren to protect her co-bbold's bare feet would be a good idea C

Slaan fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 7, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Dog Kisser posted:

TheNabster posted:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Walsh

Memory: Hunting (in use)
Satiation: 0 -> 1

Walsh hung their head in frustration at one among them dead at human hands. The bastards wouldn't rest until each and every one of them was stamped out. Well, if they insisted, it would be total war. Walsh put his hand in to claim a spoil of war, and bent to consider his next move.

Claim Scythe: 1d100 73
Vote C

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Satiation: 5 > 6
Memories: Occultism
HP 5/5
Bonuses:
+5 to Ritual Room

"The Moon moves by its own phases. To rush things by mortal endeavor is sure to result in naught but tragedy."

"Wax is the noblest of all materials. In wax, we will build our fortunes in good auspice."

Voting A

Claim Pitchfork: 1d100 59

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Name: Sproggle
Memory: Painting
Satiation: 5->6
Bile: 0->1
Affinities: Ritual Room +5

Another piece of paper found its way into Sproggle's hands, and was swiftly adorned with a record of recent events. He frowned, or at least frowned as well as his mouthparts allowed. The colors were all wrong! There had been purples, violets, indigos, and this incredible vibrant blue, and the details had been finer, and...

If he was painting on a cave wall to fool humans, that was one thing. But if he wanted to make art he needed better tools than this. That would need to wait, though. Wait, pause, hold. He had new pigments he needed to work with, mix with bile and water to turn into paints, into new colors, hues, shades. But he would be keeping eyes out, yes-yes. He would be watching for new colors.

C

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vek
Health: 3/5 HP
Memory: Trapping
Satiation: 9 -> 10
Bile: 0 -> 1

The horrid times in the humetown had gotten rather scary, yep yep! Vek had the buckshot wound scabbing over in in his hide to remember it by.

Vek had been doing so well setting up traps, too, but there had been either too many Cobbolds invading the town at once or not enough Cobbolds helping to sabotage the town, it was hard to tell. Saand certainly wasn't coming back, from the look of things...

The humans were coming, Vek knew, and he yipped as much to anyone who would but ask. The humes had been angry enough while chasing after him and the others that he knew they couldn't be too far behind.

Growling with discomfort, Vek lurched to his feet from the hospital bed and laid claim to one of the pitchforks some of the other Cobbolds had salvaged and, leaning on it, he suggested that the Horde focus on building more traps around Hol'm. That's what he was going to do, anyway, no matter how the horde's votes shook out.

Claim Pitchfork: 1d100+9 89 80

> Horde Vote: C

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 7, 2020

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Tine
Hp: 5/5 ; Satiation: 5>6 ; Memories: Leather-working

C: prepare defences

"It'll be much easier to to them to pieces if we prepare first"

---

"Hmm, good chopping end, just needs sharpening... Though blunt it's good for scraping leather... Yes, this is perfect."

Claim hoe: 1d100 78

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 7, 2020

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Radican

HP: 4/5
Memory: Itching
Satiation: 6 -> 7

Voting C

Claim hoe: 1d100 38 Looks like Radican's gardening with her hands for the foreseeable future!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Satiation: 3 > 4

"A shame about the workshop project. But if it is to continue, then the warren itself must be defended."

Voting C.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The feast the scouts had brought home filled all of Ho’lm with the smell of cooking meats and local herbs. Some had found rosemary and thyme, and Mother Magdalene had spared a little salt from her component bag. As everyone sat around the floor, some spoon feeding the sick and injured cobbolds who were lying prone letting their bodies rest. The air was thick and tense unlike the roasted bear meat, which was tender and succulent. Mother Magdalene had been laid out on her bed for most of the night, and in the morning the cobbolds had wanted to ask her what her opinion on what to do next. It wasn’t until about noon she finally rised again, when she tried to get on her webbed feet, she immediately fell back to the bunk bed. “I feel… magic... “ She laid back down, “I’m sorry my chickadees, I don’t think I’m going to be much help until I either heal up on my own or we get some help.”

A couple of Cobbolds brought her food, and placed it in front of her, she tried to refuse it, “You need it more,” nearly the entire warren insisted she partake. Once she started eating she couldn’t stop, and she had nearly devoured 3 or 4 portions that would feed a cobbold. As she started to slow on the food she closed her eyes to rest, “I’m sorry…” she whispered as unconsciousness took her. The cobbolds leaderless turned to each other for what to do next. Mother Magdalene had been there when the first cobbold found the camp, and for as far as the cobbolds knew she had been housing cobbolds for at least 30 blood moons. Why would the humans attack now? Had some sort of magic been keeping them hidden?

What they did know, is that they had to defend themselves. The cobbolds laid out the emergency plan as best they could remember. Things are already getting more difficult, as known previously the difficulty is how many dice, any +x or -x will be added to or subtracted from the difficulty

• There needed to be a watch, at least 5 cobbolds Difficulty 5

• Some should go and parley with the orcs Difficulty 3

• Traps needed to be reset and more needed to be set Difficulty 5 Threat 1

• Mother Magdalene spoke of a special berry that can be rubbed on a cobbolds claws that can poison creatures, some should go search for these berries Difficulty 5 +50 threat 5

• Mother Magdalenes cottage has many defenses, but would have some intensely useful things, [Difficulty 5 +30 Threat 5 Lethal 1]

• Someone should look after Mother Magdalene [Difficulty 1]

In a level 1 ritual room you can do one ritual, in higher level ritual rooms, you can do multiple Whichever has the highest Majority will be the ritual selected and you all will do the ritual that has majority

• [Special: Ritual Room] Summon a lesser demon Difficulty 5 +25 Satiation 5 Lethal 1

• [Special: Ritual Room] Summon a fog Difficulty 3 Satiation 5 (adds +100 to combat encounters in the fog.)

• [Special: Ritual Room] Cobbold’s Blessing (+10 to all actions until the next turn) Difficulty 3 Satiation 7Threat 3

:siren::siren::siren:Items, Basher Sadie 1x Hoe ,

Vek Babold Faust1x pitchfork ,

Walsh Scythe
:siren::siren::siren:

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 8, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip

Memory: Hiding
Satiation: 8-> 9
Bile: -> 1

Poor little Yip. Weaponless, hungry and frightened. So little, so unsure of the world. The only thing he really knew was hiding, but how would that help the warren Hol'm, when the time for battle began?

Yip looked to Mother Magdalene for help. But she was weak, unconscious. A tiny bundle, bleeding for the Hol'm.

Inspiration struck, and make-shift shovel followed.

Yip might be too weak to pose a credible offence, yes.
Yip might be too dumb to parley, yes.
Yip might be too small to frighten, yes.
But Yip knew how to hide. And so he hid her where no one would find her, until it was over.

Hiding Mother Magdalene: 1d100+8+10 = 62 (yip is dumb, forgot to add my memory)

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 8, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Satiation: 6 > 7
Bile: 1 > 2
Memories: Occultism
HP 5/5
Bonuses:
+5 to Ritual Room

"There is a place up above us, where knowledge hides and dreams rule. A place behind understanding, behind the dark side of our mother the Moon, where we may see only when our eyes are closed. A place with inhabitants beyond our comprehension."

"But perhaps if we paint the shapes in our blood-dreams, if we chant the song of our metamorphosis, and listen close to the hallowed memories at our core, we may draw in something from this realm that is not our own to aid us..."

Occultism posted:

At a place where candles of crimson tallow draw the hidden face of the Moon.

At a place where reality is allowed to fade for nightmare.

At such a place a Waxer-Of-Dreams may appear, and at no other.

Occultism: Perform Ritual: 1d100+10+6+5+1 104
Ritual Vote: Summon Lesser Demon
Using 2 Bile on the ritual

Theantero fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 8, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vek
Health: 3/5 HP
Memory: Trapping (using)
Items: Pitchfork (+1)
Satiation: 10 -> 11
Bile: 1 -> 2 -> 0

Magdalene was sleeping again, and so soon? She needed her magic sleep, after all! That made sense. While Magdalene slept, then, everyone in Hol'm should be working hard to make sure the warren stayed safe! The humans were coming, after all...

Grabbing his own personal trap-poking stick-fork-thing, Vek set off for Hol'm's heavily trapped perimeter with his sack of tools. He knew the lay of the land here like the back of his paw - every trap was one he knew how to set back up and hide after it had been set off.

Ramshackle bear traps were prized open, hardwood stakes were stuck in the earth, pulley ropes were secured, knots were tightened, spike pits were covered in nets and leaves, and noisemakers on drawstrings were laid out for the humans to trip over and sound the alarm.

As he worked, Vek's memories of his past life as a trapper in the distant woods blazed hot and bright in his thick Cobbold skull. He worked dutifully on setting up Hol'm's spread of traps as though the task came second nature to him.

> Contributing 2 Bile towards the Ritual.
> Working on Updating Hol'm's Trap Perimeter: 1d100+21 121 - :siren: Natural 100! :siren: (forgot +1 from Pitchfork)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Chungus
Memory: Lifting
Satiation: 1 > 2

"WHAT'S THIS? A ritual to summon a lesser demon in defence of home that requires a lot of candles?"

"This looks like a job for some HEAVY LIFTING! Of hearts and minds! And candles!

Chungus will assist the Summon Lesser Demon ritual with his sweet lifting abilities. 1d20+12 = 30

I'm helping!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Memory: Audacity (Using)
Satiation: 10 > 11
Bile: 1 > 2 > 1

Carrick found himself drawn to the ritual room, sensing the sheer effrontery emanating from its painted circles. There was a demon-summoning afoot, and few things were as daring as breaching the veil between worlds and pulling forth a power to do harm to one's enemies whilst not getting harmed in turn. Dangerous.

Exuding bile, the quad-eyed cobbold entered the ritual room, taking their place beside Faust.

Contributing to an audacious ritual: 1d100+21 56 If necessary, :siren: use the reroll. :siren:
vote: Summon Lesser Demon
Using 1 bile

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 8, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Amelie
Memory: Yellow Journalism (using)
HP 3/5
Satiation: 7 > 8
Bile: 1
Notes: +1 Ritual Room use
Items: Bear Claw

Hmph, all of the Cobbolds were out there doing some ritual to summon a demon. How boring! Demon summoning was a dime a dozen these days. The readers needed excitement. Up to date information! A real scoop! Amelie headed out into the brush to watch for BREAKING NEWS!

On Watch... for stories!: 1d100+10+7 39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hyde

Memory: Organization
Satiation: 8 -> 9

"Vigilance! We must be vigilant! But careful about it! We will watch for outsiders, but still, we must take shifts, and rest while we can. We do not want to be caught off guard, but being aware but tired could be just as bad!"

quote:

"You need to watch your back. Anyone could be a traitor."

NO. All the Cobbolds were good here. There were no traitors.

And so, Hyde began to draft up a schedule for keeping watch that allowed people to sleep while others watched. Naturally, he'd be taking shifts of watching as well.

Taking watch, with the help of a schedule: 1d100+10+8 91