Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tesseraction posted:

Welp, time to go crawling through that.

It's really good, and there was a one-off comic drawn by somebody else that was the canon followup ending which was adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
From that angle, the Ink Witch's Mom and Mom's Drummer Boyfriend are like, eight feet tall.

They'll probably be shorter than Snout next page.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miss posted:

It's really good, and there was a one-off comic drawn by somebody else that was the canon followup ending which was adorable

You can't say that and not post it!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

both of those doofuses are plainly such villains and I can’t wait for them to be the villains until I have children and they’re walking

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
This update is bad too. Chandler's law in action.

Does the man have long hair growing from the base of his skull, a tall gorget, or some kind of cobra-like hood of loose skin? Only time will tell. Do you suppose he's human, or is he a mongrelfolk who's got like scales on his chest or something?

EDIT: I knew I recognized that guy from somewhere:

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 6, 2020

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is this when they break Snouts arm so Inkwitch has to learn Kung Fu from a Bruce Lee knock-off?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Who What Now posted:

You can't say that and not post it!

Pfft guess that means I need to find it

here you go

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/915658131065118720

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Wow, that's Newspaper Spider-Man levels of strip-ending wholesome.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

lynch from kane and lynch's feet don't follow the line that he seems to have drawn the floor following

Dabir fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 6, 2020

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The baby holding the wooden sword is just perfect.

Anyways, on the crappy new strip: I’m assuming this is going to be the Ink Witch that Original Ink Witch set up to take the blame for her theft. If this were a competent writer, this would be a great complication, adding in a new party who no one trusts and trusts no one, leading to plenty of intrigue and misdirection as each tries to have Snout split off to help them while claiming the other two are conspiring. Likewise, having someone who was directly hurt by Original Ink Witch would allow for doubt to be seeded in Snout’s mind as whether forgiving her was correct or playing the patsy.

But this is Mookie, so it’s going to be a chance for Original Ink Witch to be in danger, Snout to prove himself by saving her (and getting punched by Ugly Guy for his troubles) and Arduak to do something semi-nice so that once Aunt Ink Witch is driven away, the party can proceed with grumbling but no actual conflict, because no matter how much he wants to tell big stories, Mookie is incredibly adverse to actual conflict, ambiguity, and/or character growth.

Also, I wonder if we’ll actually get something to call Original Ink Witch other than Ink Witch now that there are two of them. I don’t have my hopes up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Down Town Erossus is back?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mookie will show that these are the real villains of the strip by having them go on a rant about mitigation before the villainess's breasts grow 8 times their size.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
My witch is also named Ink Witch.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I like clearly villain witch’s skirt. That’s all, looking on the positive today.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Have we really been reading this for an entire year?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

super sweet best pal posted:

Have we really been reading this for an entire year?

Of course not! There’s no dialogue; how could we read it without words!?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

All I can think about is where he must have traced them from. They look so jarringly different from... Well, everything else he's drawn. I wonder if he'll keep up that style or if they'll quickly shift to his normal one?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm trying to remember; did Mookie ever trace/steal as blatantly during the DD era as he is now? The Beast was a lamer Shuma-Gorath, and I recall one or more of the Archmages being a design cribbed from one of the weirder Green Lanterns, plus other things here and there, but I'm pretty sure that while he stole designs in Dominic Deegan, he never traced anything?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Nah, he never really had to. By his own admission he avoided doing anything more difficult than a shoulders-up bust shot of his literally identical cast with mountains of words on all sides. Plus, he did everything tradtionally, so doing direct lifts like he does now would've taken more effort. I'm leaning on the side of these being traced, since Snout lacks that iconic long-rear end toothpaste torso. That, and everyone seems to just be wearing socks. As if the models referenced weren't wearing shoes, and drawing them in on your own would've been difficult.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Getting minor Dethklok vibes from that one dude.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah their feet really remind me of superhero booties. This looks like it could even come from an Alex Ross picture.

Mordja posted:

I think I've seen him before, it's a villain he thought up in high school but never found a place for in Deegan - "Rannon Mhorgs", unless he thought up a new name.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 6, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Rannon Mhorgs.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

M’horgs

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

I like these guys. With the theme of having no dialogue I hope they just briskly beat the poo poo out of our heroes and exit stage left, never to be tainted by whatever explanation Mookie has in mind for them.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh no, they're here to take... Wait, why are they here exactly? Is it for the pointless pamphlet Snout spent ages chasing down? Or the book they probably could have bought anywhere else? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out.

You can bet they're about to do some evil things, though. Gotta make sure it's real clear that the ink witch is the good guy after the last few interactions.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mordja posted:

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought he looked like Pickles.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Crespolini posted:

I like these guys. With the theme of having no dialogue I hope they just briskly beat the poo poo out of our heroes and exit stage left, never to be tainted by whatever explanation Mookie has in mind for them.

I’ll take them beating up our “heros” and exiting stage left. We can enjoy them for a few months until Mookie brings them back and ruins them. But just think how glorious those few months would be.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This is like Mookie's attempt to ape Hirohiko Araki

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jeez, the longer I look at this pic the worse it gets. The background behind them is SO basic and empty - that plus the total lack of shadows looks like they're just floating.

Although a side effect of this is if that's another ink witch, he'll have to give the first one an actual name...!

Samovar posted:

This is like Mookie's attempt to ape Hirohiko Araki

If he did that it'd at least have some minute amount of style.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Although a side effect of this is if that's another ink witch, he'll have to give the first one an actual name...!

lol, as if

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Name: Ink Witch Two

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ink Cop. Here to punish the Ink Witch for her petty larceny, and only her continuing to gaslight and abuse Snout will keep her out of Ink Jail.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

And this... is to go even further beyond!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's going to be "the other ink witch" until mookie finally gives this poo poo up and you all drat well know it

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

IInk Witch

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It would be at least sort of funny if every one of them got a name but The Ink Witch

Also, who gives a poo poo about that anyway? And why is she using a giant paint brush instead of, like, a huge rear end quill

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

RBA Starblade posted:

It would be at least sort of funny if every one of them got a name but The Ink Witch

What if her name turns out to be Veyin K'wij.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Remember how Bioware named the world of Dragon Age 'Thedas' which came from THE Dragon Age Setting because they never actually named it?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

How did the Ink Witch get her brush from behind Snout to in front of him in the space of a reaction, did it clip through him because Mookie's collision physics are terrible? That's all I can imagine now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

How did the Ink Witch get her brush from behind Snout to in front of him in the space of a reaction, did it clip through him because Mookie's collision physics are terrible? That's all I can imagine now.

Yeah, the blocking in this one is pretty horrendous - they're in different poses each panel, which implies at least a few seconds have passed between each one, especially between the second and third one.