Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Spoonsy

imma do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

t a s t e posted:

For me, she seems a lot more forthright about it whereas his framing strikes me as more selective, if it makes sense

I am absolutely being selective with the information I'm willing to give out, to give as little as I can because I don't want to actually claim

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

yuming posted:

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

I made one comment about you, and you managed to make it into something much much bigger. I feel that the way you're painting it is disingenuous.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote spoonsy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

I want merk to respond to a few things I asked him but if nobody else is gaining traction then I like him over Solus. Asiina and Jen I still feel weird about because I'm probably wrong about one of them and not sure which at the moment so not comfortable making that choice with an hour left.

Spoonsy is interesting because I can see where yuming is coming from with her initial post, but I don't really like how people have subsequently responded/gravitated towards it. If anything it'll give a lot of information regardless but I'd like to feel sure in thinking Spoonsy has a good chance of flipping scum.

Eh. It's not the worst vote.

##vote Spoonsy

I think it's our best option right now but like I said depending on how merk responds to a few things I don't think that's a terrible vote either. Solus I would vote for a no lunch, otherwise I'm good on that.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Okay 2 people just voted Spoonsy now I feel weird about it hahaha

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I wish Tokes would be around for deadline~~

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Gotcha. Yeah I'm just saying like, if we are choosing to believe Tokes (which I am currently), it's probably not the right move to make even if she is telling the truth unless she was more gung ho about it. Otherwise it's taking a risk that probably isn't worth it even if she claims it's a net positive. And the obvious other caveat is if she is lying and is a jester, which I'm sure a good number of people believe too.

I feel like the whole Tokes thing is going to be an easy way for scum to put down a vote with little justification.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

I know what Tokes is referring to, being someone that would be "assisted" by it- that being said, if Tokes is town, the gain from it is so tiny and small and not worth it compared to having town lunched. It's not worth it and it's not a good strategy.

Solus, I take this to mean that the gain your roll would have is tiny and small. Since you claim to know more about Token's roll than I do, what is your take on Token's saying she is inclined to use her power in a way that will hinder town? Should we be worried about that?

Token Female posted:

I'm a scorpion. It's who I am.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I have heard people’s ish about merk so I’m gonna drop it for the day but I still very much think he’s scum but will come back to it when he does something else scummy next

Merk literally did what I said he was going to, then disappeared.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

I feel like the whole Tokes thing is going to be an easy way for scum to put down a vote with little justification.

A vote for her, you mean? It could be, but nobody has really sniffed voting towards her direction besides me/merk at some point (which was before her claim) which makes me think they're probably self aware of that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The rush on spoonsy is terrible

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Can anyone actually explain the Solus vote?

Seems to be going "My role too" about tokes and people jumping on that instead.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are saying merks recent bout of effort posting is flailing? In what way?

it's literally how i usually post when i'm catching up and trying to portray it as flailing is bad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh i mean to quote you and asiina

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

I also think that Jen X post is questionable.

wait did i misread your earlier post about feet to the fire? i thought you liked her explanatory post?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not loving the Spoonsy vote

##vote SubRosa I think that's better

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

I'm gonna rethink things Spoonsy seems off to me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

Hey y'all. This is going to be weird.

I’ve given this idea a significant amount of thought, and I would like to make a rather odd proposal. I am proposing voting me out today (day 1). I am town, but I think that it would be a gain for the town overall if I was voted out. My role being removed from the game, specifically on day 1 and specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live, would enable the roles of a few other people who are most likely to be town. Essentially, without giving too much away about my role and other people’s roles, I see my role (and how I would play it) as getting in the way of and hindering other town roles. The circumstances of my role could and will likely change as the game goes on, but as it currently stands, I think that it would be a net-positive for the town to vote me out.

Obviously I think that voting out scum over me would be the most beneficial thing for the town to do, but I’m not inspired by our day 1 so far. (I will comment on the cases/posts that have happened later today. I haven’t read the last page or two closely. Maybe y’all made a great case and I haven’t read it yet). But I think that this is legitimately not a bad idea to possibly a good idea for the town.

Furthermore, to clear up some questions that I assume that you are likely going to have since I’m not going to be around for next few hours likely:
Q: What’s going on with your earlier day 1 posts?
A: I was just having fun. They don’t mean anything. I was trying to maybe pick some dumb fights for my own amusement.

Q: Why aren’t you voting for yourself if you think that voting yourself out is a good option?
A: First ##unvote. I’m going to try to find scum. It’s a better option. But voting me out is a good one, and one that I think should be on the table. Plus if you think that I’m scum then, all the more reason to do it I suppose.

Q: Are you a jester?
A: No. I’m town. I’m also not saying that voting me out on a later day will also be a good idea.

Q: Is this a gambit?
A: No I’m being as sincere as I can be. Take it for what you will.

Q: What’s your role?
A: I’m not interested in saying at this time.

Again, I want to state that I've given this a lot of thought. I'd be not inclined to post this, unless I truly thought that this would help give the town an edge to win the game. I realize that this does not take my scum hunting into account (though non-existent in the thread so far I will admit), but I think that the absence of my role could be quite strong for other roles in the game.

Why can't you not use your role? are you compelled to make a night action?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Solus, I take this to mean that the gain your roll would have is tiny and small. Since you claim to know more about Token's roll than I do, what is your take on Token's saying she is inclined to use her power in a way that will hinder town? Should we be worried about that?

No, you should not.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
... Would it require too much faith for us to vote Tokes?

Like I know it sounds crazy and it could potentially lose us the game but maybe it is our best choice? I just don't see the benefit of her playing how she's played if she's lying. It's too odd. Even though I wish she would belabor the point more if it really is such a good move to vote her.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

... Would it require too much faith for us to vote Tokes?

Like I know it sounds crazy and it could potentially lose us the game but maybe it is our best choice? I just don't see the benefit of her playing how she's played if she's lying. It's too odd. Even though I wish she would belabor the point more if it really is such a good move to vote her.

I don’t like the whole mess but as I’ve said before I’d prefer voting Solus along those lines

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Cool rush from the totally not scum

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

t a s t e posted:

The rush on spoonsy is terrible
I think it is terribly correct!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote: spoonsy

I don't see the solus case, I really don't see the merk case (he feels...like merk, I don't really have any thoughts on him), I could buy sandwolf but I feel like him complaining all day about a meta-argument with merk is too dumb to treat as indicative of anything, and that's everyone with more than 1 vote

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I don’t like the whole mess but as I’ve said before I’d prefer voting Solus along those lines

Yes you have said that before, but you've yet to tell us why you would prefer voting Solus, so why would you prefer voting Solus?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

aw man I missed it

Anyway, imma ##vote Hal who hasn't participated in content game but was around for talking about the mechanics of this day event.

I also agree with scumalong's vote and think it is a good one.

Humalongs vote that was mentioned:

Mr. Humalong posted:

gonna be honest here, the wind is out of my sails due to recent events on the internet and real life

so i'll ##vote hal because he's probably scum this time

Asiina posted:

I still like my Hal vote and don't want to move it yet, although I wish other people would comment on whether they think it's anything.

I agree with taste and it is opportunistic and Jen's OMGUS on him is a bad reason for a vote, but I dunno this feels like real emotion right now? Jen's reason is a bad reason, but I don't know if it's a scummy reason.

I could probably get behind a merk vote.

Also if nothing else, would vote a lurker at deadline. Chic's having a rough weekend and may replace out, so I'd choose pera or yuming who only have 3 and 4 posts.

"I'll vote basically anyone"

Asiina posted:

Oh, you presumably meant Hal.

So you did read my post where I explained my vote on him and then chose to ignore it in the other section while talking about content policing?

"Like my vote on Hal is totally super justified please don't actually read how I justified it"

Asiina posted:

Alternatively it's Day 1 and I don't think that it's a slam dunk case, but was what stuck out to me at the time.

Quickly changed tone.

Asiina posted:

Spoonsy and Sub Rosa are my preferences for today.

Honestly, the Sandwolf and merk fight just made my eyes glaze over.

I couldn't even tell what they were arguing about eventually beyond "oh come on how is it not obvious this guy is scum!"

Easily dropped Hal. The merk and sandwolf comment is bullshit because Asiina dropped a proxy omgus on Subrosa to defend merk.

I think it is likely Asiina is scum.

##Vote Asiina

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

I think it is terribly correct!

I think you’re terribly mistaken

Sub Rosa posted:

Yes you have said that before, but you've yet to tell us why you would prefer voting Solus, so why would you prefer voting Solus?

t a s t e posted:

For me, she seems a lot more forthright about it whereas his framing strikes me as more selective, if it makes sense

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"proxy omgus"

lmao what

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

"proxy omgus"

lmao what

You voting subrosa for also calling out merk, who I believe is your scumbuddy.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

Cool rush from the totally not scum

Why do you always make weird snide comment during deadlines that make me feel weird about you?!

I haven't found anything inherently wrong with your posts before this but it's like a common occurrence for you to do this. I also realized last game it isn't indicative of your alignment, thankfully!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

You voting subrosa for also calling out merk, who I believe is your scumbuddy.

This is putting the cart before the horse, no?

What if merk isn’t scum?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Finishes working out and checks thread oh boy I wonder...

oh, cool. they're being dumb. Sigh.

Solus is the much better lunch choice. They're on the same side as Tokes. I don't know if its 3P or scum, but it's not pro town. You can't have one of them "oh boy I know what this means confirming!" the other without being aligned

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

This is putting the cart before the horse, no?

What if merk isn’t scum?

Then they're just bad at mafia :shrug:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

I mean this would fit the third and fifth vote are usually scum theory of olde.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hmmmmmm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

Finishes working out and checks thread oh boy I wonder...

oh, cool. they're being dumb. Sigh.

Solus is the much better lunch choice. They're on the same side as Tokes. I don't know if its 3P or scum, but it's not pro town. You can't have one of them "oh boy I know what this means confirming!" the other without being aligned

Spoonsy posted:

For the newbies, THIS is what flailing looks like

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Spoonsy posted:

Hmmm yes of course.

I am feeling good about killing spoonsy here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Spoonsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_Jin1P1R4