Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Note that 3/4 of this mysterious alliance have made the difference in the current vote count.

hmmm yes noted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jen X posted:

I think it's tokes, if anyone

Thanks.

Asii/tokes/Solus?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

What happens if the vote is tied? Is it plurality or majority?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct
Hmm gotcha that changes the context of the day. Good thing we have some time left!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

Also ugh, I didn't consider that Spoonsy might have gotten this info from whoever the mole is in our group, but again, why blow up their spot instead of seeing if they can influence our kill to be on some town. It doesn't really make sense as a scum move.

look game crafting and all, but isn't any other nk a thread to scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

UGH THREAT. not thread.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

so the kill goes through once a certain number of votes (51% rounded up) come in; in this case for today it's ten votes, so it's not possible to tie

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jen X posted:

they're the one who put themselves up on the chopping block though?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

Nothing happens.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Guys, I'm having a lot of fun right now.

peramene posted:

token - super seriously the most mysteriousy and i was sure asking to get tapped day1 was a good way to get tapped. pretty confident she's not a jester but i have been heinously wrong about that before; but also i really wanted to play with token so it'd be a shame to just oust on command. idk. i dont wanna do it, which seems to be the consensus so cool.

I was similarly excited when I saw you sign up.

Sandwolf posted:

Solus hasn’t struck me as townie, not especially scummy either, but the Tokes role “me too” thing was especially weird.

Tokes do you believe there can be multiple of you in this game/Solus could be one, too?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

##unvote Token never answered me

Oh I thought I did. It must not have copied over when I was getting everything for those larger posts I did. I don't remember what it was. Probably something unsatisfying.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

so the kill goes through once a certain number of votes (51% rounded up) come in; in this case for today it's ten votes, so it's not possible to tie

I mean in regards to their unconfirmed masonry NK

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

Thanks.

Asii/tokes/Solus?

Probably Jen > Tokes > Solus.

I've been agreeing with Solus for most of this day and I don't know why scum-Tokes would telegraph her role like that. If she is scum and wanted to take down 3 townies there'd be easier ways to do it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Jen X posted:

lmao

anyway fwiw spoonsy is actually telling the truth, though I have no idea how he has this info, but it's a weird unconfirmed masonry (talk only at night, privately vote for kill target) not a team

it's why solus poking at tokes for being weird about her presence in it (presumably) is totally fine in my books and tokes voting for asiina — after directly wishing to die to aid asiina (and solus and me) is such a strange thing

I think Jen X and Asiina are the scum.

Jen X posted:

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
luv 2 b forced to fullclaim on D1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

I've been agreeing with Solus for most of this day and I don't know why scum-Tokes would telegraph her role like that. If she is scum and wanted to take down 3 townies there'd be easier ways to do it.

my gut says it'd go the other way. she's shone the whole light on this weird mechanic which caused solus to out themselves before it blew up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

Thanks

I haven’t really had time to merge this discovery into my “they’re handling this really strangely” hypotheses so I value the reads in context

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

yeah this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress i completely misread your post asiina, you were saying what i was thinking. i missed the 'don't know' part i think.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I've felt weird about Asiina and Jen the entire day so I would be down with one of them. I think Asiina looked worse early and better as of late fwiw.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

I mean in regards to their unconfirmed masonry NK

man i look dumb as poo poo now

##unvote

Token Female posted:

I was similarly excited when I saw you sign up.

!!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Yeah, out of the four of us I don't think it's tokes, though I don't think she thought through her sacrifice all the way- I think she wanted it to be easier for us to use the NK, but didn't think enough of it through if one was scum. Hard to choose between jx and asiina, but given that scum tends to agree with me because I'm good at being wrong, I'd suspect asiina the most.

Don't think scum spoons would blow this up for apparent small benefit, unless they're fully flailing.

Would prefer hum at this point still and I'll switch off spoons for that: ##vote hum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think I like how Asiina and Token Female have carried themselves in this context for different reasons, and wouldn’t vote either at this point

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SolusLunes posted:

Yeah, out of the four of us I don't think it's tokes, though I don't think she thought through her sacrifice all the way- I think she wanted it to be easier for us to use the NK, but didn't think enough of it through if one was scum. Hard to choose between jx and asiina, but given that scum tends to agree with me because I'm good at being wrong, I'd suspect asiina the most.

Don't think scum spoons would blow this up for apparent small benefit, unless they're fully flailing.

Would prefer hum at this point still and I'll switch off spoons for that: ##vote hum

???

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty actually annoyed rn that this got blown up, but also more annoyed that if you vote out someone in this group and they're town, that doesn't clear the other three, and if you find a scum then you'd be smart to vote for at least one more of us to confirm they were the only one, but the next few game days are basically going to be about testing various members of this group and that just kinda sucks and also guarantees I'm gonna die within the first few days so welp

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

Also ugh, I didn't consider that Spoonsy might have gotten this info from whoever the mole is in our group, but again, why blow up their spot instead of seeing if they can influence our kill to be on some town. It doesn't really make sense as a scum move.

Scrambling to survive, probably, seeing the rush focus on him and trying to distract and confuse

I think tokes’ insistence on dying was a high-stakes ruse, because, to reiterate (I sure hope), it contrasts heavily with her voting for asiina, one of the people tokes’ death would nominally aid

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

uhhhh this post changes gears quickly.

why hum?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
##unvote
##vote sandwolf

I think Merk's case is good. Also deadline voting.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jen X posted:

I really, really don't like Tokes' vote on Asiina for reasons I shouldn't elaborate on

Jen X has been consistent on that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah Spoonsy looks better now, sucks having that role outted but it doesn't really make it less effective

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
yeah I'm the only one who didn't breadcrumb our poo poo lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

solus only thing i can see you talking about is hum unvoting tokes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm pretty actually annoyed rn that this got blown up, but also more annoyed that if you vote out someone in this group and they're town, that doesn't clear the other three, and if you find a scum then you'd be smart to vote for at least one more of us to confirm they were the only one, but the next few game days are basically going to be about testing various members of this group and that just kinda sucks and also guarantees I'm gonna die within the first few days so welp

I don’t disagree. Chasing scum in a group that could have anywhere from 0-2 will be a beneficial scum distraction. I’m not going to policy vote someone in that group unless they seem scummy for other reasons, like Solus and perhaps jen

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

hambeet posted:

uhhhh this post changes gears quickly.

why hum?

Because hum and spoons were still my top two reads before spoons dropped all the dimes and I don't see a significant benefit for scum spoons to do this? By no means do we have to pick someone from these four and I don't understand why you and dgk seem to be implying that?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (4): Amnistar, Spoonsy, t a s t e, peramene, Mr. Humalong, peramene
Sandwolf (3): DGK2000, DGK2000, Jen X, Jen X, merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Token Female
merk (2): DGK2000, Sandwolf, Sub Rosa, DGK2000
Spoonsy (2): Token Female, Token Female, yuming, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, peramene, Asiina, SolusLunes, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Jen X, Asiina, peramene, SolusLunes
Asiina (1): SolusLunes, Token Female, SolusLunes, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, DGK2000, Token Female
Mr. Humalong (1): SolusLunes, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Sub Rosa (1): Asiina, Asiina, Hal Incandenza
DGK2000 (0): Spoonsy, DGK2000, DGK2000, Spoonsy
Jen X (0): merk, t a s t e, t a s t e, merk, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Asiina, Asiina
Token Female (0): Mr. Humalong, merk, merk, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Mr. Humalong
peramene (0): Jen X, Jen X
t a s t e (0): Jen X, Jen X
hambeet (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (4): Asiina, Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, peramene

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 49 minutes.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

yeah I'm the only one who didn't breadcrumb our poo poo lmao

breadcrumbing is for people who want to get night killed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Because hum and spoons were still my top two reads before spoons dropped all the dimes and I don't see a significant benefit for scum spoons to do this? By no means do we have to pick someone from these four and I don't understand why you and dgk seem to be implying that?

well for me it's because you'd not talked about hum in that post, and i didn't recall you talking about him much at all. i looked back and saw two posts about him. one querying his vote and another querying his unvote as being fake. that's it. so your vote for him and backing off spoonsy after talking about who of the 4 is the scummiest just came across disjointed.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jen X posted:

I think tokes’ insistence on dying was a high-stakes ruse, because, to reiterate (I sure hope), it contrasts heavily with her voting for asiina, one of the people tokes’ death would nominally aid
Actually, this is really persuasive to me. I feel like if I was in a group like that I wouldn't drop a vote on another member of it so easily.

##vote Token Female

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Token Female posted:

breadcrumbing is for people who want to get night killed.

Is that a threat :mrwhite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Sandwolf

I have reassess tokes/solus in light of this revealing info but gut still says they played this townie