Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

The Ink witch has her left foot forward, and her right foot twisted in a pretty painful direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

What is this jawline/chin situation?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Elysiume posted:

What is this jawline/chin situation?

I don't know but that's one angry bird!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Oh no these guys are m...mean!

Lol at Arudak coming outta nowhere just so our new villains can take a shot at him too. Just in case there was any ambiguity whatsoever that these are the designated bad guys.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Does Mookie only have one ‘surprised and frightened’ facial expression for all characters? Because the witch and the orc just had the exact same reaction down to the anime face shadow, and it’s something that would have been an ok gag if animated and if that kind of tone fit into the comic at all and if them having the same expressions was jarring enough to have an effect other than ‘mild unease.’

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I can't believe mookie dissolved any tension about the hero/villain status of the ink witch and Arudak by doing... this. :cripes:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

oh i can

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I assume she's jut meant to have fuller lips, but Ink Witch 2: Electric Boogaloo looks like she has some kind of weird mustache or tumor or something because of how he only really seemed to give more detail to the upper lip.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

It really is Ur-Mookie. Deflect the criticism with any excuse possible, then address the criticism in comic as if it was the plan all along. He didn't gently caress up, you just weren't being patient enough to watch this tapestry unfold.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 7, 2020

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

There's like 0 chance that it's a coincidence for these two characters to have arrived in the comic right after mookie got called out on how he wrote one of the protagonists as a villain.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's incredible how bad mookie is at conveying literally anything without words.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
He's also very bad at conveying things *with* words.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TheHan posted:

Oh no these guys are m...mean!

Lol at Arudak coming outta nowhere just so our new villains can take a shot at him too. Just in case there was any ambiguity whatsoever that these are the designated bad guys.

They cant troll Snout because he has no loving ears (that work).

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey guys, I got a hold of Mookie's notes planning out the last two pages!

Two threatening characters show up - note to self, figure out their names later.

The woman says something that immediately devastates the ink witch - note to self, figure out what the conflict is and what she said later

The other one says something also shocks Ardurak - note to self, same as before, decide on what that conflict is and why it was so shocking once the ink witch can talk to Snout later. I mean write. WRITE to Snout later. NO DIALOGUE

Truly, having a deaf main character is a challenge to Mookie's writing skill and not at all a crutch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's Ink Witch's mom and her new middle-aged stepdad.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
It's really unfortunate how New Ink Witch is more compellingly designed in pretty much every way than Old Ink Witch. I mean, relatively speaking since costume design has never been a strong suit.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
dude looks like a dark haired Riff Raff

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's hilarious, we know there will be no confusion or mystery as to what's going on, because the Ink Witch (the good one) is just going to regurgitate what the Ink Witch (the bad one) said in a few pages.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I know we're supposed to not like them but all I can see are two people who are as done with The Ink Witch's poo poo as I am.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

It's hilarious, we know there will be no confusion or mystery as to what's going on, because the Ink Witch (the good one) is just going to regurgitate what the Ink Witch (the bad one) said in a few pages.

And the unsaid question will be why she decided to never even hint at this stuff to Snout even though she keeps saying how much she wants him to trust her

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I think she said something about there being Other Ink Witches who messed with Arudak, but it was in the dense text wall that even Snout didn't read

I'm just waiting to see all of the criticism aimed at Ink Witch Prime be transferred over to one or both of these newcomers in the most blatantly villainous way possible, so that we can be shown what a "real" manipulator looks like and have Ink Prime be vindicated by their very existence.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Kids these days...

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Pfffttt....I just can't get over Arudak appearing from stage left from loving nowhere. Mookie wanted to hammer home that these are the "bad guy" counterparts to our crew so badly, that he couldn't even think far enough ahead to have Arudak there.

He's so loving bad at this. It's swung back around to hilarious for me.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 8, 2020

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
clearly they need to even the playing field by recruiting an evil snout

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lunatic Sledge posted:

clearly they need to even the playing field by recruiting an evil snout

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The dialogue revealed.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
This goes on for several pages months

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHfixzBlB_w

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Alright time to bring it on home. Gotta show that these guys are serious big time meanies.

Fun fact about these pages is that Mookie finished them way earlier than he ever has before, this week's pages were already done on Sunday. I don't even think the incredibly lazy all dialogue pages get done that fast. It really feels like Mookie knew exactly what he wanted to do this week and got right down to it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Panel 2 looks like a Fleetwood Mac video

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a good thing that the meaning of the "endings" page is absolutely 100% clear to everyone without any kind of context, and can't possibly be misinterpreted as a threat, for example. Or more likely, as complete nonsense.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ok. Real bad guys established. Internet was wrong, they did not wait for me to show them. Now I can go back to wondering what's gonna happen next, as I sit down to trace.

Mookies writing when he gets called out is so rote and predictable. It's really apparent when he's reacting to something.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 9, 2020

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

It's a good thing that the meaning of the "endings" page is absolutely 100% clear to everyone without any kind of context, and can't possibly be misinterpreted as a threat, for example. Or more likely, as complete nonsense.

Imagine witnessing an argument where you have literally no idea what it's about, then intervening when it's over to wordlessly hand one of the participants this while glaring at them:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like how as far as Snout knows, the worst thing these two have done is ‘stand and glare’ and that’s enough for him to get up in a guy’s face with his weird piece of paper.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Makes you sympathise with these new villains since they're the only ones either not doing bullshit or not putting up with bullshit right now.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

YF-23 posted:

Makes you sympathise with these new villains since they're the only ones either not doing bullshit or not putting up with bullshit right now.

He's accidentally another Siegfried, I wonder how many babies these two are going to have to eat to prove they're really the bad guys. I am less than invested in Snout's health and safety considering he drank earwax remover last month.

Plus, someone else being a worse abuser does not somehow make The Ink Witch's abusive behavior OK.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Plus, someone else being a worse abuser does not somehow make The Ink Witch's abusive behavior OK.

No no no, see if these people are in the Bad Guy role then they have to be in the Good Guy role! Why aren't you getting it? I have to make them do some more bad things.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'd forgotten how bad Mookie is at conveying someone being thrown backwards. Snout shrank like half a foot at a minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Brought To You By posted:

I'd forgotten how bad Mookie is at conveying someone being thrown backwards. Snout shrank like half a foot at a minimum.

I mean, what is the action taken by the big ugly guy? He pushed his arm halfway forward, his hair fluttered backwards, and Snout flew back ten feet. Is the intention that he’s just a mega powerful super wizard who can knock Snout aside with the flick of a wrist, or is this just Mookie’s complete lack of ability muddying the scene?

I also have no loving clue what “X ENDINGS” means because the plot is completely forgettable and only shows up once every two weeks in a big text dump I can’t be bothered to read