Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Also that "jogging through oatmeal" movement speed would have been even more astoundingly terrible in an open-world game, though maybe that was another thing they changed?
You might have eventually gotten to use cars and such? The game does have very well-modelled ones, so you probably weren't intended to keep walking everywhere after a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Just got Breath of the Wild: are there any items that are completely safe to sell? I've just got to Kakariko village so far, so still very early, and I can't tell which items I'm going to want to keep for crafting and which are ok to sell.

A few of the NPCs mentioned selling gems, and I notice the opal, amber, and sapphires I have sell for a very large amount of money; but the description also says something about them being infused with elements? I can't tell if these are meant to be vendor items, or if they're actually rare items I'll want to hang onto for some kind of important upgrade I just haven't discovered yet (I did just find the great fairy near kakariko and have learned that monster parts can be used to upgrade armor, so I'm glad I didn't sell those I guess).

tl;dr: is there a rule of thumb for what I should be selling and what I should be keeping? Is money even that important?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Just got Breath of the Wild: are there any items that are completely safe to sell? I've just got to Kakariko village so far, so still very early, and I can't tell which items I'm going to want to keep for crafting and which are ok to sell.

A few of the NPCs mentioned selling gems, and I notice the opal, amber, and sapphires I have sell for a very large amount of money; but the description also says something about them being infused with elements? I can't tell if these are meant to be vendor items, or if they're actually rare items I'll want to hang onto for some kind of important upgrade I just haven't discovered yet (I did just find the great fairy near kakariko and have learned that monster parts can be used to upgrade armor, so I'm glad I didn't sell those I guess).

tl;dr: is there a rule of thumb for what I should be selling and what I should be keeping? Is money even that important?
Money matters, in general terms, because there are a number of shops which sell everything from useful ingredients to armor to weapons, so you want a solid supply of it. What you don't want to sell are mostly rare ingredients from monsters, because they can be hard to get and the amount and type of ingredients required for upgrading an armor part varies wildly and somewhat unpredictably. Like the wiki says, though, selling gems is largely pretty safe. Keep around the diamonds and one or two of every other type just in case, but the rest is safe to sell off.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you're worried about having enough crafting ingredients, the easiest thing is to just cook meat and sell. The best $ for value are stacking 5 of your best meats. When you have 6 hearts a 20 heart skewer and a 6 heart skewer are functionally the same and the 20 heart sells for ~300.

Being able to unlock the fairies and buy the early armors is key to making it much easier. The level 2 sheikah set with its silence bonus means you can run up to lizards, fish, etc and just quickly grab them with no hassle.

When you need ingredients for upgrades it'll either be something you have tons of or need to go to specific areas and farm the hard to find in general ones.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ainsley McTree posted:

You might already know this, and you might be the kind of gamer who doesn't need this advice, but in BotW it's actually pretty important to take the roads every once in a while, there's tons of events and NPCs and stuff around them that I totally missed out on for ages because I would just climb and glide everywhere.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
If you want to max upgrade certain types of Armor you will need a lot of gems, all flavors. You will also have a lot of gems if you explore though and frankly none of the items that require gems to upgrade are that good.

Money isn't hard to come by in that game though, just throw your detector on ore deposits and go wild. There is a semi-hidden weapon named a Drillshaft that will always respawn if yours breaks. Its super garbage for combat, but it can destroy ore deposits in one hit and lasts like 100 uses. I almost always had one in my inventory because using bombs on deposits is for suckers.

They also mulch Pebbits and Talos, but it breaks more quickly.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ty folks--I hadn't even considered selling meat, that's a good idea, and it seems like there's plenty of it to go around.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

You might already know this, and you might be the kind of gamer who doesn't need this advice, but in BotW it's actually pretty important to take the roads every once in a while, there's tons of events and NPCs and stuff around them that I totally missed out on for ages because I would just climb and glide everywhere.

I missed an important but optional NPC for the first 60 hours or so of my playthrough because I tried to Skyrim my way across mountaintops to get from point A to point B instead of taking the roads sometimes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

The roads, which your horse will auto follow in general, takes you to every single stable and town. Every stable is right next to a shrine and each stable has a ton of re-spawning stuff to collect, weapons, tools, shields, etc. as well as quest givers, a hotspot for traveling salesmen, plenty of cook pots, and dogs you can feed for nearby treasure locations. You'll also find traveling merchants on the path, npcs being attacked by monsters, probably spot quite a few easy to grab nearby shrines, korok seeds, etc.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So it’s Zelda dead redemption basically? I was already all in but doubly so now.

That is a helpful tip, thank you. I’ve been a bit carried away with climbing everything in sight and could have easily missed that.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I have been playing botw on and off for like 3 years and never knew about the roads thing :doh:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Anybody got some hints or tips for Iratus: Lord of the Dead?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So I decided to try out God Eater: Resurrection and the sequel since I apparently had these from an earlier sale. I have a lot of fun with it but I wouldn´t mind some handy pointers regarding weapons and skills for both games since the entry on the website is pretty short.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I just finished replaying zelda: botw. This may be more general tips, but to rattle off some stuff while my memory is fresh:
  • The game treats heat resistance and flame resistance as two independent stats. Heat resistance won't help you on death mountain and flame resist won't help in the desert.
  • Link's image in the pause screen shows active buffs from clothing. There's actually 2 levels to the fire/cold protection you'll want to finish bosses in their regions, a single clothing piece or elixir isn't enough on its own.
  • Keep your clothing's defense rating in mind, an enemy you traded hits with before may just suddenly one-shot you in weaker environmental protection gear.
  • For cooking:
    • Insects/critters go with monster parts for elixirs, food items are separate.
    • Cooked items can only provide one type of buff at a time. Multiples of ingredients providing the same buff will make it stronger and some ingredients are much more potent than others.
    • Cooked items that add temporary yellow health/stamina also fully restore health/stamina, respectively. Whether it's better to load them into one big buffer item or split them into multiple recovery items varies a bit throughout the game, but either way it's a waste to load them up with generic meat/fish/shrooms.
    • Don't neglect keeping a stock of buff-less basic food too. Since you can only have one buff at a time, it sucks having to replace a useful one with a pointless one just to recover a couple hearts.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Anyone got anything for Wizard of Legend? Tried a little bit of it and ooh boy I am terrible at it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

So I decided to try out God Eater: Resurrection and the sequel since I apparently had these from an earlier sale. I have a lot of fun with it but I wouldn´t mind some handy pointers regarding weapons and skills for both games since the entry on the website is pretty short.

This is mainly stuff I can remember from playing GE:R a long time ago (like 2 or 3 years):

Along with what's on the website, you can upgrade your gear by attaching the abandoned god arc parts that you're going to gather by the truckload to your loadout. Aside from putting the skill in question, you can simply increase the base stats instead. I would only really bother doing this with higher-end gear since wise playing can save you some grief.

There will be a brief point where Alisa will be dead weight for a very obvious reason in the story. Once you get past this point, tho, she becomes the best New-God Arc teammate in the cast, so it's not even that notable in the long run.

If you check the skills that your teammates can get, you can see two of them that act as multiple skills for the space of one. They usually need some prerequisite skills before you can activate them, but it's a good idea to take a look at which ones suit you best and plan your AP grinding around that.

Do take the advice on attacking weak points seriously. Your weapons can only do so much damage and you're going to want to take advantage of elemental weaknesses whenever possible, especially for the more mobile and dangerous enemies.

Also, you really should practice perfect blocking, wherein you time your block to negate all incoming damage. You can't block certain attacks, and you'd probably be moving the hell out of the way of them anyway, but when there's something that you know you can take, it's a good idea to perfect block so you can start your counterattack sooner.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Always bring Kanon Daiba if you can.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

yook posted:

I just finished replaying zelda: botw. This may be more general tips, but to rattle off some stuff while my memory is fresh:
  • The game treats heat resistance and flame resistance as two independent stats. Heat resistance won't help you on death mountain and flame resist won't help in the desert.

The resistances and status effects could've been better explained in BOTW.

-Pay attention to the temperature gauge when exploring new areas. The only other indication you've entered a hazardous climate is a small audio/visual cue, and then your health starts draining. You'll either have to retreat the way you came, or apply a buff to counteract the extreme conditions. The desert can be dangerous even if you're standing still, based solely on the time of day. Plan your excursions around the buffs you've collected, and by resting until a suitable start time.
-Permanent buffs are included on certain pieces of armour and jewelry you can wear as part of Link's outfit. Some outfits also come with a full set bonus, and a handful of those can be enhanced by upgrading them. However, armour is expensive to collect, and you'll likely have to use a temporary buff just to access them.
-Temporary buffs are provided by elixirs and meals. Elixirs can be cooked up with the right ingredients or purchased from merchants, but they only last a few minutes. Cooked meals provide the most variety and can be assembled for free if you know the recipe. Some meals function like elixirs, others can temporarily increase health and stamina.
-The game encourages you to mix and match all of your available buffs, but be warned there's a hard cap. If you're well-stocked then some resources might go to waste, so you might want to look up how the combinations work.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Morpheus posted:

Anyone got anything for Wizard of Legend? Tried a little bit of it and ooh boy I am terrible at it.

A simple, effective build that you can unlock pretty early is sustainability by critical hits:

• Vampire's Eyeglasses (Relic) - +1hp per critical hit
  • Awe (Cloak) - increases critical hit chance
  • Bolt Rail (Basic) - rapid hits for health recovery by critical, plus a stun at the end; can stun lock many normal enemies; can hit multiple enemies grouped together
  • Scales of Babylon (Standard) - Huge utility: Reduces cooldowns, knockback, slows enemies, and increases movement speed
  • Shock Nova (Signature) - short charge up for multiple hits on everything around you. When your signature meter is full, a bazillion hits. Big damage and health recovery by critical.
  • Any dash that you like.

Bolt Rail is your bread and butter. You zap normal enemies quickly for good damage and health recovery. You use Shock Nova for big groups and especially when you're surrounded. Scales of Babylon reduces your Shock Nova cool down and provides extra protection. Use corridors when you can to bottleneck enemies and force them into your Bolt Rail. The most dangerous rooms lock you in and surround you; use Scales of Babylon to get some breathing space.

When in the dungeon:

• Prioritize purchasing enhancements to your starting loadout from the spell vendor and any relics that improve critical hits. Good critical hit relics that are available early are the Analytical Monocle (+ critical chance), Singing Bowl (guarantees one critical), and Dark Katana (only if you get melee arcana during the run).
  • Try not to purchase arcana that aren't in your starting loadout unless you get something amazing--you will eventually come to know what's amazing.
  • Every boss drops a free arcana, which is how you should fill up your empty starting slots.
  • You'll also get a free arcana for bursting the piñata--this requires a high sustained dps for a few seconds. If you're using the build above, lead with a charged Shock Nova and then unload your standards and Bolt Rail.
  • You can sacrifice an arcana to the doctor for a relic. Many of those relics will greatly extend your survivability. One gives you a good chance to get +2hp per critical instead of +1. Another makes all your hits look like criticals (they aren't) but actually does increase your critical chance. Either is huge for a critical heal build. There is risk; the sacrificed arcana is chosen at random from your standards and you could lose one you really want.
  • Try not to purchase the healing potion unless you're desperate. Each potion you purchase reduces the effectiveness of every subsequent potion. The gold is also better spent on relics or arcana upgrades.

Generally, the game works by locking items and arcana into tiers, with each successive tier unlocking once you've acquired enough of the previous tier. Just focus on using your gems to purchase arcana and relics and you'll see more and more types unlock over time.

Bosses attack in bursts; the first boss in a burst of three, the second in a burst of four; the third in a burst of five; and the final boss in a burst of six. Dodge during these and don't try and strike back. Attack when the boss takes a breather after the burst ends. Generally it is not a good idea to try and tank a boss. You will sustain a lot of damage and will not deal much in return.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Made a page for Brigand: Oaxaca, hopefully it helps someone.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything new for Remnant: From the Ashes? The tips on the wiki are very helpful already (particularly the tips about how level scaling works for gear level vs enemy level vs drop level) but it's a tough game.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

El_Elegante posted:

Made a page for Brigand: Oaxaca, hopefully it helps someone.

Just for future reference you gotta add [[Category:Games]] to the bottom or it won't actually show up on the list (it's on there now).

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Thanks!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Anybody got some hints or tips for Iratus: Lord of the Dead?

I'd recommend a stress build for your first playthrough.

Something like Bride-Wraith-Banshee-Dark Knight. Get No Tomorrow on the Dark Knight ASAP and then use the other minions to stack debuffs on the enemies. For stats, prioritize dread, followed by armour/resistance on the Dark Knight, evasion on the Banshee and Wraith, and luck on the Bride. This should carry you through most of the game until floor 4, when you should replace the Banshee with a Dhampir to deal with dread-immune enemies. It's probably worth switching the Banshee back in for most of floor 5 though.

It's possible to unlock all the minions in your first playthrough, provided you're playing on the More Pain difficulty. You need to cast the Blood Curse spell on escaping enemies to unlock Vampires and make enemy Dhampirs go insane and leave them as the last enemy alive to unlock Dhampirs. Use a Lich to cause damage to your teammates to unlock the Ghoul.

If you're upset about missing out on the Halloween and Christmas minion skins, everything can be unlocked by editing one of the files in your Users>AppData>LocalLow>Unfrozen>Iratus directory. There's instructions here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/807120/discussions/0/2266942917232284797/.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I didn’t see anything on the site, so has anyone here played SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambition? I feel really bad at it even though I’ve been playing for a while, like as in, I just realized that the best way to get new roles is to glimmer two different kinds of weapons. Although, feeling like you have no idea what you’re doing is kind of the SaGa experience.

Do I get punished for grinding in this game? A lot of the other ones bump up enemy strength based on how many encounters you’ve had but it would be nice to do some Easy fights to glimmer stuff for my weaker guys and restore LP.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

McGavin posted:

Bride-Wraith-Banshee-Dark Knight. Get No Tomorrow on the Dark Knight ASAP and then use the other minions to stack debuffs on the enemies.
Why the Bride? They seem to prioritize health damage. I've doing Banshee-Wraith-Infected-Skeleton. Do the stance on the Banshee, use the Wraith ultimate to swop enemies about, use the Infected for vomit cursing and the Skeleton draws attacks.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Last Celebration posted:

I didn’t see anything on the site, so has anyone here played SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambition? I feel really bad at it even though I’ve been playing for a while, like as in, I just realized that the best way to get new roles is to glimmer two different kinds of weapons. Although, feeling like you have no idea what you’re doing is kind of the SaGa experience.

Do I get punished for grinding in this game? A lot of the other ones bump up enemy strength based on how many encounters you’ve had but it would be nice to do some Easy fights to glimmer stuff for my weaker guys and restore LP.

Enemy strength increases as you do more fights, but repeat fights count for a lot less than new ones (and I think repeating the same fight you just did counts even less than that?) so grinding is pretty safe.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Well that’s good to know, thanks

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Why the Bride? They seem to prioritize health damage. I've doing Banshee-Wraith-Infected-Skeleton. Do the stance on the Banshee, use the Wraith ultimate to swop enemies about, use the Infected for vomit cursing and the Skeleton draws attacks.

You need someone to stick in the 4th slot until you unlock the Shade, and the Bride is the best option of all the starters. Her only stress attack does a ton of damage, triggers the Knight's debuff attack, and removes stances. Her physical attacks are also useful against stress immune enemies, which you will sometimes run into before you unlock the Dhampir.

The Shade is better than the Bride in the 4th slot because he can kill almost anything with zero sanity left in a single hit of Gloom Claws, which you can upgrade to also remove all wards, which is useful if you're running a stress team on the higher floors.

The Dhampir is useful because her ultimate attacks either remove all block/armour or all ward/resistance from an enemy. Again, this becomes very useful on the higher floors.

The major issues with your lineup are that it lacks synergy and is going to run into survivability issues on the higher floors. Using the Banshee's stance requires her to be in the rear 2 positions, where she can't use her ultimate, and relies on the Wraith's ultimate to trigger it. The Infested is just not a good minion because he has difficulty healing, a useless item and innate ability, and is best used in position 3, which is better used by the Wraith. The Skeleton lacks the armour and resistance of the Dark Knight, can't heal himself, and besides his ultimate only has a single-target stress attack that only fires if he gets hit.

With my lineup, the Banshee is hitting all 4 enemies per turn and triggering the Dark Knight's debuff attack, the Wraith is hitting 3 enemies per turn and triggering the Dark Knight's debuff attack, and the Bride is hitting an enemy for massive stress damage and triggering the Dark Knight's debuff attack. The Bride can have problems with survivability until you get vampire fangs on her or replace her with a Shade, but the Wraith and Banshee are top tier evasion tanks once you get them their items. The Dark Knight takes very little damage when he gets hit, his item heals wrath and mana when he gets hit, and can also heal himself a huge amount with his ultimate. It will definitely let you breeze through the game on easier difficulties.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Alright, thanks. I recently gained access to the Shade and had difficulties figuring out what it's actually supposed to be good for, but I think I should be able to make the best of what you're suggesting in my current playthrough where I just recently made it into the dwarven tunnels (:woop:) and am already noticing that my sanity damage is starting to really fall off when compared to enemies suddenly having 2.5 times as much effective health.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Guijan 3

- The game has "acts" that will end certain side quest availability. Once teleportation is unlocked you can visit all levels and check the over-world map for any available side-quests as indicated by an icon. When the Notice Boards refill with quests that's a sign to check other levels for any side-quest NPCs

- The research mini-game has a questions aspect where you are expected to know or guess details about the process. Look up a research guide as some of the questions are extremely vague or translated poorly enough to be unclear

- You can trigger a pact boss to spawn by returning to old areas and fighting the area monsters, your UI might also alert you to their presence

- The first combat ability has a 2nd upgrade that restores health when attacking. It makes health management much easier for most of the game.

- The steam version won't auto-detect a controller, you have to use the KB+M to go to the options menu and select gamepad as the option.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ghost of Tsushima

There is a shrine SE of the "Archer's Rise" area name on your map called "Arrow Peak". If you complete this shrine you will get a charm that essentially doubles the resources you pick up, saving a lot of time.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also for Ghost of Tsushima:
As far as I can tell, assassinations are a guaranteed one shot (unlike Assassin's Creed Odyssey). The upgrades to your tanto will make assassinations take less time to perform and draw less attention, but there's no "damage" stat to worry about like there is with your sword.

Oh, and if you end up having the camp leader show up in a Standoff (including the Standoff kill chain from the upgrades) you can kill them in one hit too if you get the timing right.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Zaodai posted:

Also for Ghost of Tsushima:
As far as I can tell, assassinations are a guaranteed one shot (unlike Assassin's Creed Odyssey). The upgrades to your tanto will make assassinations take less time to perform and draw less attention, but there's no "damage" stat to worry about like there is with your sword.

I tried to assassinate a camp leader and instead of assassinate the prompt read "critical hit" so if it won't one shot them it will let you know.

More Ghost of Tsushima stuff:

* When on the map screen you can press right on the d-pad to track some things using the Traveler clothes you get early on. I think certain upgrades also apply to this.
* When changing armor sets if you've upgraded them you can change their look to previous versions, if say you dislike the big shoulder pads or something, and it's just cosmetic. Should say press triangle to change armor's look or something, same screen where you change color-sets when equipping.
* Swiping down on the touchpad bows, some people like it when you bow to them, some shrine things have a sign with someone bowing on it and bowing in those spots is neat but I think it's just an easter egg type of deal.
* If the game is telling you to heal you should do so immediately and probably twice, it usually tells you this when you're 1~2 hits from death.

Also so far all of the hats/headbands, sword kits, masks, etc. seem to be just cosmetic but some of the flavor text seems to imply they might do something, anyone know if those things affect gameplay at all?

I haven't found anything that seems to be a straight up sellable so far, everything seems to be upgrade materials, so that first tip about the charm that gets you extra stuff is great.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Brightman posted:

Also so far all of the hats/headbands, sword kits, masks, etc. seem to be just cosmetic but some of the flavor text seems to imply they might do something, anyone know if those things affect gameplay at all?

I'm pretty sure they're all cosmetic. None of the ones I've collected have any stats attached to them, and there are no vendors that upgrade masks, and sword kits are vanity items.

Related to the comment about being sure you heal: The upgrade that lets you revive yourself in exchange for two Resolve (and two specialization points to unlock it) seems pretty bad. You can revive yourself, but you'll be at a sliver of HP and the enemy that killed you the first time is almost certainly still RIGHT THERE ready to hit you. Two resolve would be much better spent on two heals BEFORE you die or using a special attack instead of saving them to revive yourself. About the only place I find it useful at all is if you misjudge a drop that you thought you'd be able to use the "roll before you hit to take no damage" talent to survive and you splat, you could use the revive to get up. But even then, dying from that just places you back at the top of the jump anyway. It's certainly not a priority upgrade.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Almost wrapping up Gears Tactics, so just some additional IMHO essential tips that the current wiki doesn't cover, since I've almost given up on the game before I know all of below:

1. Always hire all new recruits, and immediately fire them if you don't need them. Hiring costs nothing, and firing them auto-strips them from their gear which may be better than the ones you naturally find in-mission. For example, Snub Pistol got upgraded variants that are impossible to loot from chests etc, but will come equipped on new recruits at certain levels.

2. Frag grenades are infinitely better than healing grenades.

3. Scout's Proximity Mines can be used to close E-Holes before they open, similar to grenade planting, but you can just throw them from afar.

4. Focus gear gives you increased crit chance until you crit every turn, not every mission.

5. Usually new recruits come at equal or higher levels than you can level up your old recruits, so try to feed all the kills to your heroes.

6. All melee kills (Bayonet/Chainsaw) are 1-hit kills, so try to spec for the skill that makes them free. However, mid-game enemies onwards have some kind of melee protection to prevent this, so you can usually trigger them by moving close to them, and then going for the kill. The UI will show if an enemy has melee protection or not, usually with a red circle + some small exclamation mark, similar to going into enemy's Overwatch cone.

7. Berserker is the 1st tough enemies that you will come across. Easiest method to take them out is to shoot them once, making them berserk, and then one-shotting them with the melee skills since Berserk removes their melee protection.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I need help, tips, hints, tiktoks and general advice with Death Stranding. I love it, but there's a few things I don't understand how to do, like how do I manually sort my cargo, also it seems like if I just hold LT+RT I can skip the whole weight part of the game? Also is there a better weapon then just parrying everything with the stranding?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
The LT+RT thing uses up stamina, so there might be situations where it's good to let go of those and balance things occasionally.

There's a really good weapon for dealing with MULEs, you'll get it on the second map of the game.

Other things to do to MULEs:

Beat them with a cargo box: punch button while holding onto a cargo box with your hands

Throw a cargo box at them: as above, but release the trigger button to let go during your swing. It's usually a 1 hit KO, but will break the cargo. Fortunately, each MULE is carrying a box of his own, so you can keep the chain going with whatever the guy you brained just dropped.

No idea how to manually sort your cargo. I ran into a thing where the cargo was supposed to be kept flat (and so sorting it manually would've helped), but I S-ranked it just by getting it there quickly.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can't really arrange your cargo through a menu, other than by pressing the autosort button. What you can do, however, is to just dump everything on the ground and pick it back up again in the order you want it to be. Yes, it's cumbersome and needlessly complicated, but I'm afraid it's really the only way the game allows you to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

it's cumbersome and needlessly complicated

Kojima!