Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thats it im not reading this thread until i've played this for myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

rdr2 missions are so railroaded they might as well have replaced the gameplay entirely with cinematic s and quick time events

yeah, I never felt like I’m in actual control of the character. even the shooting is super clunky. I really tried to love it but... meh.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

echinopsis posted:

thats it im not reading this thread until i've played this for myself

good luck brother and godspeed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

computer toucher posted:

yeah, I never felt like I’m in actual control of the character. even the shooting is super clunky. I really tried to love it but... meh.
it’s definitely the worst game ive paid full price for twice lol

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

horizon zero dawn was rly good, played it right up until the final fight and then the fuckers pulled it from PS Now. how about a counter on the game icon in the UI fuckwits?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

computer toucher posted:

seriouspostibg about vidya shames: there’s something about rdr2 and it’s open world which makes it feel shallow, like you find a farmhouse and the only thing you can anticipate is either getting ignored or shot at. Fallout did this much better, where a lot of locations told a little story and you could interact with the npc’s so exploring had always a sense of excitement to it. in rdr2 it’s just wilderness, animals and bandits. I found a cool house with all sorts of lamps and stuff inside but there was no way to get inside or any hint of what that house was so it was just static graphics as far as I could tell. meh.

something about the rdr2 approach just felt hollow, even though it’s gorgeous and very well made otherwise.

fallout is way uglier but somehow a lot more compelling.

rdr2 looked like a reskin of gta's bad combat but with tedious horse maintenance mechanics so i skipped it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ugh i managed to glitch into some alien room with a forcefield, which i can’t open from the inside. gently caress. guess the easiest thing is drown myself and build a new seamoth

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

jesus WEP posted:

guess the easiest thing is drown myself and build a new seamoth
this is also good advice irl

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wow

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

computer toucher posted:

horizon zero dawn was rly good, played it right up until the final fight and then the fuckers pulled it from PS Now. how about a counter on the game icon in the UI fuckwits?
that’s one of the main downsides i have with the service too yeah

that, and most games aren’t goty editions

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watch_Doges 2 was a lot of fun (never played the original but by all accounts the sequel was a big improvement), if you're free to idle a stream on the 12th you can grab a copy gratis on Uplay

https://www.vg247.com/2020/07/06/watch-dogs-2-free-ubisoft-forward/

set a reminder on your calendar.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

watch dog 2 can be played in several ways, you can avoid lovely gunplay in most situations if you upgrade your other skills. I’d prefer if they did away with the fighting altogether and just let you be hacking/remote robot bastard

the level 3 gang/cop call skills are great

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I gave up after I didnt finish the first mission on my first go

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Hitting adults with a big yoyo is very funny to me

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

qirex posted:

watch dog 2 can be played in several ways, you can avoid lovely gunplay in most situations if you upgrade your other skills. I’d prefer if they did away with the fighting altogether and just let you be hacking/remote robot bastard

the level 3 gang/cop call skills are great

I posted about it ages back but while I didn't see my hackermans as the murdering type, a few levels of tazing cops and them getting up a few minutes later to flank my rear end soon had me at extreme prejudice. I think a risk/reward of say 3 seconds of [hold butan] to zip-tie / mouth-tape a stunned foe to permanently disable them (unless they get found by a comrade and cut free) would have made the non-lethal route a lot more playable.

and yeah standing at a junction and causing phone-hack car-crash mayhem / finding petty criminals and calling in law takedowns was always fun (note in the game only pls don't call the cops irl)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's a trophy for calling the cops on one specific npc dressed as a giant donut

watch dogs 1 is the same game without any humor or charm, it's a bad gta clone with magic cell phones

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

bought watchy doggo 1 used for some reason, never even put the disk in the machine.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bought titanfall 2 cause so many people have been talking about it. i remember not liking it when it first came out but it's been p. good so far

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

labelled a beacon “scary hole” a few days ago and now fully appreciate how little that does to identify it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’ve been playing monster train a lot the past few days

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I platinumed sekiro last night so I need a new game(s) to play when I'm not playing destiny 2

might go looking for indies I've passed by recently

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just got the fury bow and black halberd in avernum 3. that halberd was in a v confusing dungeon

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

labelled a beacon “scary hole” a few days ago and now fully appreciate how little that does to identify it

I had "beacon 5" for a while because I was ambushed by a reaper while trying to name it

I picked up outer wilds the other day and am having a blast

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

outer wilds is the only challenger to fo:nv as my favourite ever game. nv still wins on replayability but i don’t think ill ever enjoy a single playthrough of any game as much as i did with outer wilds

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the outer wilds and the outer worlds coming out in the same year is breaking my brain

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah that was really unfortunate, also me saying wilds is up there with new vegas as my favourite is extra confusing because obsidian

also outer wilds has no article :eng101:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

huh, I thought Death Stranding came out ages back but I guess that was console only, got an email notification it's out on PC soon. Having only played MGSV from Kojima in the past but enjoyed it (despite the plot being chopped to bits and not actually finished) is DS worth a look?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

from what I read it’s an extremely kojima game so if that’s what you like go for it, since hours of nonsensical exposition that sounds like it was written my an extremely high teenager coupled with annoying gameplay isn’t my jam I skipped it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
unlike MGSV it's a fully expressed coherent vision. whether you think that vision is worth a poo poo you can judge from kojima's other games yeah

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i'm going to play death stranding out of principle, it seems very much to be in the tradition of the lets-spend-millions-seeing-where-this-guys-vision-goes era of hollywood.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

the outer wilds and the outer worlds coming out in the same year is breaking my brain

play disco elysium instead and get owned by a chair

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i'm going to play death stranding out of principle, it seems very much to be in the tradition of the lets-spend-millions-seeing-where-this-guys-vision-goes era of hollywood.

kojima games always look really amazing so I want to play it for that

remember when every game cgharacter had mitten hands? it still blows me away video games have fingers now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

huh, I thought Death Stranding came out ages back but I guess that was console only, got an email notification it's out on PC soon. Having only played MGSV from Kojima in the past but enjoyed it (despite the plot being chopped to bits and not actually finished) is DS worth a look?

no

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

kojima games always look really amazing so I want to play it for that

remember when every game cgharacter had mitten hands? it still blows me away video games have fingers now

i remember playing jedi knight 2 and having my mind totally blown that the characters' mouths moved when they spoke and their eyes could look around and blink instead of being painted on. that plus the moving colored lights from the lightsabers and the glowing marks they left on the walls? where can graphics even go from here???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng6hSSUvCLk&t=22s

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

if you liked mgs5 then for real jump in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-juLaX6h3Q

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

I just rewatched The Edge Of Tomorrow and still wondering why they never made that concept into a game.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the outer wilds does it pretty well

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

computer toucher posted:

I just rewatched The Edge Of Tomorrow and still wondering why they never made that concept into a game.

games have had quicksaves forever dude

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Pretty good game, quite chill most of the time which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

computer toucher posted:

Super Meat Boy came out 10 years ago and that's just the first thing that came to mind